Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

scribe jones posted:

aren't you a gainfully employed CPA? or am I thinking of someone else.

No, you're probably thinking of me. I work at a CPA firm, but am not a CPA.

Neon Belly fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jul 29, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Schiavona posted:

Where in WI? I'm in Madison (applying at Epic, lol), and would love to stick around/come back soon. I don't have PMs, but I have sa DOT schiavona AT GEE MALE DOT COM

Are you under the age of 30 and want to work 80hrs/week? I've heard they really only hire recent grads and then work them to death. The recruits lure you in with the promise of a casual working environment that is "Google-like". That's what I've heard anyway, from a friend of a friend who's kid works there.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Sirotan posted:

Are you under the age of 30 and want to work 80hrs/week? I've heard they really only hire recent grads and then work them to death. The recruits lure you in with the promise of a casual working environment that is "Google-like". That's what I've heard anyway, from a friend of a friend who's kid works there.

Everything you said is pretty much true, from what I hear. But, the base salary is fantastic for a new grad, I have friends that work there, and I've done 60-70 hour weeks before. It's not the roses it's made out to be, but it's still a job I want.

jot
Jul 5, 2003

Some parts of history were never meant to be uncovered.
edit: no longer needed, thanks!

jot fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Mar 23, 2011

Grumpicat
May 27, 2005
Mood: Angsty

sbaldrick posted:

No one told you what a crazy world logistics is?

I wish you would have seen my "Tell me about logistics thread." (No one did)

As far as rising in the industry is concerned, I don't see anybody in my office whose career I envy. The feeling I get is that there are different sides of logistics.. there's the paperwork crunching worker ants (documentation, customer service) where I work and then out of sight there's SCM *cue heavenly music* (supply chain manager, analyst, purchaser?) where I learn ERP/SAP and don't hate my job. Is that wrong? How can I get into the SCM side?

Grumpicat fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jul 29, 2010

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Honestly, all logistics is at the end of the day pushing papers. Paper work is ultra-important in logistics, the industry runs on it at the end of the day. It has to be right accurate and it has to be right.

Are you at one of those horrible companies that is trying to get dispatchers to also do sales are you?...if so run far far away as fast as you can. It basically means you are working at one of the 1 to 3 year driver places and they may or may not go under due to lack of cash at some point. This is no matter how big the company is.

Honestly, the best way to get into serious supply chain management is to take a job at the bottom and work your way up. Logistics and warehousing is one of the few industries still run the old-school way. Experience counts more then eduction, and you do have to prove yourself. Having an MBA is not a shortcut in logistics, I can't say it enough but pay your dues.

You can learn ERP/SAP at your local community college for like 500 bucks over a weekend. That's where I really learned it.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Schiavona posted:

Where in WI? I'm in Madison (applying at Epic, lol), and would love to stick around/come back soon. I don't have PMs, but I have sa DOT schiavona AT GEE MALE DOT COM

Doc_Uzuki posted:

Yes, where in Wisco?

It's in Madison working for a healthcare marketing company. Our current open positions are:

Account Coordinator
Account Development Manager
Copywriter
Database Developer
Digital Press Operator
Marketing Analyst
New Business Development Executive
Recruiting Coordinator
Software Developer

I think Account Coordinator is entry-levelish, everything else probably requires some experience. Email me at crotchtaco@gmail.com if interested in any.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Never mind.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jun 20, 2013

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Job Seeker, Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti Area

Can I assume you are applying to every IT job on the UM career website? If not you should look there.

Do you have any affiliation with UM at all? There is an IT jobs mailing list I was going to link you but apparently you have to be a current/former student, employee, etc to join.

Also you should stop by a goon meet one of these days......

revengeanceful
Sep 27, 2006

Glory, glory Man United!
I work at a decent-sized, growing insurance company in Worcester, MA. It's not a particularly sexy field to get into, but we've got a bunch of job openings in a lot of different parts of the country, mostly here in MA. Here's the link to our job openings website: http://jobs.hanover.com/. If you see any jobs that you think you're going to apply for, let me know beforehand and I'll try to put in a referral for you. Best of luck, job seekers!

revengeanceful fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jul 30, 2010

Grumpicat
May 27, 2005

sbaldrick posted:

Honestly, all logistics is at the end of the day pushing papers.

Hm I don't know about dispatchers or sales.. I don't know about "work your way up" either. Nobody in my office manages supply chains. Supply chain analyst is supposed to be an entry level position and I think I'm just in the wrong part of logistics. I'm definitely going to look into ERP on my own and hope I can get a more analytical job. It might be aiming for a very small target though.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Do you have anyone in your office who is a yard manager, ops manager or transport manager, or possible coordinator. If so, they are more then likely doing all the supply chain stuff. Titles and job descriptions often don't match

Grumpicat
May 27, 2005
I'm not sure about titles but I'm pretty sure I work at a private sector post office. The most intellectually demanding task I see done is probably deciding which carriers to use to get cargo from point A to B for first time shipments. The rest is data entry with volume, accuracy, and deadlines.

Haha I'm starting to sound like a whiner so I'll say that I know I'm lucky to have any job at all in this economy. My job search will continue, though, until I find something that is intellectually stimulating as well as rewarding.

Good luck to everyone who is still looking.

Grumpicat fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jul 30, 2010

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Sirotan posted:

Can I assume you are applying to every IT job on the UM career website? If not you should look there.

Do you have any affiliation with UM at all? There is an IT jobs mailing list I was going to link you but apparently you have to be a current/former student, employee, etc to join.

Also you should stop by a goon meet one of these days......

I've been hitting everywhere besides there. Honestly, I haven't had much luck with them in the last ten years and I've gotten poisoned on the idea of ever finding a job with them. Plus I'm a WCC/EMU type of guy and...well, I get the feeling I won't have a chance there.

I should, but right now I'm not very good company. I might in a little while but ever since I lost my job I've been weighing my options and I haven't been that much fun to be around.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
ahhhh that explains it. There supply chain guys are general located in the regional offices due to needs. Basically unless your in a hub, your pushing papers.

If you ever want to really learn a sales job, go work as a sales guy for Penske. It will teach you real Customer relations

nugget of poo
Dec 26, 2003

EDIT: position has been filled

nugget of poo fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Aug 29, 2010

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I've been hitting everywhere besides there. Honestly, I haven't had much luck with them in the last ten years and I've gotten poisoned on the idea of ever finding a job with them. Plus I'm a WCC/EMU type of guy and...well, I get the feeling I won't have a chance there.

Well, I guess its not really my business but after (I was) unemployed for almost a year and a half I think you should probably get over whatever ill feelings you have about it and start looking there seeing as they are probably the largest employer in the area. If you really have as much experience as you say you do, no one is going to give a poo poo that you went to one of those "other" schools.

They also have a temporary staffing office that you can drop off your ap to. I know a few months ago they had a bunch of temp jobs open in ITS (the central IT department on campus) which might be right up your alley: http://hr.umich.edu/temps/index.php

Edit: Added a bit to clarify that I was saying in my experience, since I was unemployed in the same area for 1.5 years. I'm not trying to be mean with this post I just think you shouldn't disregard the largest employer in the region especially when job options are so scarce right now. :)

Sirotan fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jul 30, 2010

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Sirotan posted:

Well, I guess its not really my business but after (I was) unemployed for almost a year and a half I think you should probably get over whatever ill feelings you have about it and start looking there seeing as they are probably the largest employer in the area. If you really have as much experience as you say you do, no one is going to give a poo poo that you went to one of those "other" schools.

They also have a temporary staffing office that you can drop off your ap to. I know a few months ago they had a bunch of temp jobs open in ITS (the central IT department on campus) which might be right up your alley: http://hr.umich.edu/temps/index.php

Edit: Added a bit to clarify that I was saying in my experience, since I was unemployed in the same area for 1.5 years. I'm not trying to be mean with this post I just think you shouldn't disregard the largest employer in the region especially when job options are so scarce right now. :)

Well, I'll give it a shot. I've been trying through their normal job placement website and that has only given me a ton of jobs that I apply to and forget about until they reject me three to six months down the road. After a few treatments of that, you just give up. I'm glad you posted that link, but you have to understand after a few times of being rejected at a place, you just start to give up on even bothering to look there because it's simply fruitless.

Wish me luck! Honestly, I just think the only thing that will come from this is a wasted stamp.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jul 30, 2010

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Well, I'll give it a shot. I've been trying through their normal job placement website and that has only given me a ton of jobs that I apply to and forget about until they reject me three to six months down the road. After a few treatments of that, you just give up. I'm glad you posted that link, but you have to understand after a few times of being rejected at a place, you just start to give up on even bothering to look there because it's simply fruitless.

Wish me luck!

Eh, but that's just how job hunting is right now, especially in Michigan. I applied to probably 100+ jobs at UM and ended up not getting any of them, even when I was a grad x2 and had worked there in IT for the last 4 years. To say that it was frustrating is an understatement. If you apply to a job you really are interested in you should try to contact the hiring manager or someone in that department and follow-up with them, don't just submit your resume and wait it out. Gotta make yourself stand out from the pile of 200+ other people applying for the same job.

I think the temp staffing thing might be better for you though since you are looking for something short term. Good luck!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Never mind, this isn't helpful.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jul 30, 2010

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Well, stamp wasted. Let's see how this goes.

And you're right. But somehow I think the appropriate thing to do is just leaving Michigan. This place is a loving shithole and it's never going to get better. Why waste life waiting for this place to change? Anyway, it's sent. But my hopes are not high.

Yeaaahhhh.......

My current job is just a stop before I can get something more in line with my degree(s). Working on a help desk is fine as a part-time student job but I don't care to be fixing stupid user problems for the rest of my life. The upside though is I have health insurance and money while I look for a job that I really *want*, not just something I can qualify for. I'll probably be leaving for DC though if I get what I really want. I was born and raised in Michigan so it will be somewhat sad, on the other hand I can't see that I have much of a future here.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Sirotan posted:

Yeaaahhhh.......

My current job is just a stop before I can get something more in line with my degree(s). Working on a help desk is fine as a part-time student job but I don't care to be fixing stupid user problems for the rest of my life. The upside though is I have health insurance and money while I look for a job that I really *want*, not just something I can qualify for. I'll probably be leaving for DC though if I get what I really want. I was born and raised in Michigan so it will be somewhat sad, on the other hand I can't see that I have much of a future here.

Well, it is sad. And I'm having trouble adjusting to that fact.

I'm sorry for being a bastard but right now I'm waiting to see if I actually got a job. I interviewed yesterday for a library in Hartland that has a pretty good rate of pay, but is a single person position. That's one reason why I want to get out of IT: while I have a lot of work experience, most of it is in libraries where everything has to be pieced together and there's no money to do what is expected. For the programming alone they want me to do, I could get paid twice as much. And I don't have a programming background. I'm just frustrated and taking it out on everybody. It's not right, but right now I'm at a total loss on what to do next. School for another year, then leaving the state. That's my only plan right now, and it depresses me to no end.

Anyway, to get the thread back on track: why are there so many openings in North Carolina?

mcsuede
Dec 30, 2003

Anyone who has a continuous smile on his face conceals a toughness that is almost frightening.
-Greta Garbo
The only IT positions where there is enough money to actually do what you should the proper way are positions in companies that make money from IT. Same goes for pretty much any job. Want great resources and professionalism? Work the job the company makes money from.

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Gender roles guilt me into being fat.
Hiring two positions for a start-up game company

Art Director
-Direct the art!
-Experience with Trading Card Game templating a huge plus
-Understanding the Blizzard brands, attention to detail like "Orc muscle architecture works like so"
-Experience with approvals, workflow, and contracting professional artists
-Experience as an art director/creative team member

Game Designer
-Understands the difference between design and development; can function in both ways
-Understands why games that reward skill alone are unsuccessful
-Experience with Trading Card Games and MMOs, specifically World of Warcraft
-Works as a team member
-Can articulate feedback, reasoning in a constructive way
-Please include your history of published games

These are both in-office positions in Irvine, CA. No exceptions. The hours range from 40-week to 60-week when necessary. The company is very pro-employee, believing that if you have a great place to work and a wonderful atmosphere, you will attract top talent.

You can send your resume to Blinkman987 at gmail dot com. Please include the title "SomethingAwful" in your email, as well as the position that interests you. I'm insanely busy. Please do not be offended if I do not reply to your email. Please do not bombard me with emails of "JUST CHECKING IF U GOT IT LOL." I received it.

Also, please include any high school or college basketball experience in your email. We need a point guard pretty bad.

Blinkman987 fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Aug 2, 2010

Acethomas
Sep 21, 2004

NHL 1451 684 773 1457

Blinkman987 posted:

Hiring two positions for a start-up game company

Art Director
-Direct the art!
-Experience with Trading Card Game templating a huge plus
-Understanding the Blizzard brands, attention to detail like "Orc muscle architecture works like so"
-Experience with approvals, workflow, and contracting professional artists
-Experience as an art director/creative team member

Game Designer
-Understands the difference between design and development; can function in both ways
-Understands why games that reward skill alone are unsuccessful
-Experience with Trading Card Games and MMOs, specifically World of Warcraft
-Works as a team member
-Can articulate feedback, reasoning in a constructive way
-Please include your history of published games

These are both in-office positions in Irvine, CA. No exceptions. The hours range from 40-week to 60-week when necessary. The company is very pro-employee, believing that if you have a great place to work and a wonderful atmosphere, you will attract top talent.

You can send your resume to Blinkman987 at gmail dot com. Please include the title "SomethingAwful" in your email, as well as the position that interests you. I'm insanely busy. Please do not be offended if I do not reply to your email. Please do not bombard me with emails of "JUST CHECKING IF U GOT IT LOL." I received it.

Also, please include any high school or college basketball experience in your email. We need a point guard pretty bad.

Any chance at more openings here? I have design experience but its based in casual/mobile. The rest of my game experience is in Operations/Post.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Job Seeker, New York City Area

Education: BA in English/Creative Writing, Paralegal Certificate.

Experience: Three years in a senior position at a start-up magazine. One year as a legal assistant for a small commercial real-estate firm. Five years freelance writing/editing experience, for a variety of publications and clients, print & web. Temp jobs in publishing production.

What I'm Looking For: A temp-to-perm or permanent job as a writer, editor or paralegal. Also willing to consider office manager positions, as that was a big part of my previous legal assistant job.

What I'm Not Looking For: More freelance work, or a temp position without the possibility to convert to permanent. Anything with a start-up where payment is on a deferred basis.

Where I Live: Astoria, Queens. Willing to commute within Queens or to Manhattan.

When I can start: Right this minute.

Contact: mcpullm at earthlink dot net You'll hit my spam filter, but all emails with "Something Awful Jobs" in the header will be approved and read.

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Acethomas posted:

Any chance at more openings here? I have design experience but its based in casual/mobile. The rest of my game experience is in Operations/Post.

We're full up in operations/pre-press/production, but I know someone in the business who is in need of a smartphone app developer on contract. Would that be something you could do? I'll probably post that job as soon as I can speak to him.

Acethomas
Sep 21, 2004

NHL 1451 684 773 1457

Blinkman987 posted:

We're full up in operations/pre-press/production, but I know someone in the business who is in need of a smartphone app developer on contract. Would that be something you could do? I'll probably post that job as soon as I can speak to him.

Nope, app dev is outside my abilities. Thanks though, if you hear of anything else local I'd be keen to know though. LA has been dead for me so far.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

MAYBE DON'T STEAL BEER FROM GOONS?

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
Job seeker, New Port Richey, Fl

Experience: No previous employment but spent 3 years volunteering at fair/event stands and car washes in support of fundraising for a high school band.

Education: HS Diploma, 1 semester short of an AA in business management

Skills: Knowledge of the most current versions of Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Rudimentary knowledge of reading/writing as well as speaking Spanish.

What I'm looking for: Any kind of entry level work or entry level leadership position. Preferably in a workplace where employees are encouraged to develop beyond basic training in their job.

Where I live: New Port Richey, Fl

Where I'm looking: Anywhere in the greater Clearwater/Tampa area.

When I can start: Immediately.

Can be reached via: PM or email at stonysben AT gmail.com

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Aug 3, 2010

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

More jobs! HELP ME HELP YOU PAY THE BILLS!

(I don't know too much about programming, so I hope my post makes sense)

Tournament UI Designer/Software Development

We need a person (maybe two) on contract to help us design tournament software. This would be similar to DCI Reporter, Mantis, or similar hobby gaming tournament software.

We have rights to the code to pair tournament players, but the most important aspect of the software is the user interface. We need a clean interface. Clients would upload results to a database, but the client must work without internet connectivity.

The person would need to be able to project manage. This person would work with our website developer. You would be writing the code base, but it would need to play nice with our family of websites. Information collected would need to be output onto our websites through existing architecture, but there certainly is wiggle room for design.

We also work very closely with Blizzard Entertainment. If you ever wanted to have your skills and work exposed to that audience, this is an incredible opportunity.

Please email Blinkman987 at Gmail dot com with resume or questions. Thank you!

mr_cardholder
Jun 30, 2009

Oh well. It's humanity's problem now.
Job Seeker, Austin TX

Education: BS in mathematics, minor in computer science.

Experience: One and a half years in information technology. Strong troubleshooting skills in Windows, MacOSX, and Linux bassed operating systems. Also have a strong background in middleware technologies such as Apache, Netinsight and Oracle SOA. Some familiarity with system administration. Proficient in C++, SQL and HTML. Also proficient with the microsoft office suite programs such as word, excel and powerpoint.

What I'm Looking For: An entry level position in IT or finance. I am certainly willing to consider other job opportunities if you need someone with a strong math and/or computer science background.

What I'm Not Looking For: Anything involving food service. I did that for long enough during my college years.

Where I Live: Austin, TX. I am more than willing to relocate for the right opportunity.

When I can start: I'll be there tomorrow.

ironlion
May 26, 2003

Job Seeker in Boston, MA
Web Application Developer

Education
BS Computer Science and Multimedia Studies, Northeastern University Honors Graduate

Skills
Languages: PHP5, JavaScript, SQL, Java, Ruby, Python, C/C++, HTML5
Systems: Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, Gentoo), Unix (FreeBSD), Mac OS X, Windows 3.1-7
Software: jQuery, prototype, Rails, Apache, nginx, Git...I'm open to open source...

Experience
Nine months as LAMP Web Developer for a major travel web site, promoted to product leader, 1mil+ subscribers, ~650k uniques a month
One year as a LAMP developer with Draper Laboratory in Cambridge, MA.
Freelance and volunteer experience as well, I pretty much just love web development.

Looking For
Web Application Developer role, intermediate to senior. I also have a lot of interest in usability and UI development and some experience to back it up.

Why You Want Me
I like what I do, I'm really good at what I do, I like to learn and I'm not a cave-dwelling code monkey, so I'll can contribute in a lot of different ways.

Resume & Portfolio
http://tupkae.com

Email
tupper dot k at gmail dot com

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
x

Gin and Juche fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Nov 12, 2019

Oak Read Erryday
Mar 9, 2009

Job openings in the medical device industry, San Fernando Valley, CA

PROCESS TECHNICIAN - ASSEMBLER

Position Summary:
This position will be responsible for the assembly and inspection of implanted retinal prosthetic and supporting external products. The individual will be trained and perform job requirements according to the specific procedures of the area.

Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manual assembly and inspection of the implant, usually under microscope
• Manual assembly of printed circuit boards and housings for external support equipment
• Mixing and working with epoxies and medical silicones
• Use of common measuring instruments including calipers, micrometers, voltmeters • Operation of production equipment including ovens, vacuum degassing, plasma cleaner, wire bonder, helium leak checker and laser welder
• Assist engineers in developing assembly and inspection processes
• Duties may include anodizing, plating, etching and other wet (chemical bath) processing
• Duties may include manual or semi-automated micro electronics assembly including die attach and wire bonding.
• All activities require keeping accurate records to FDA Good Recordkeeping Practices standards. Education: High school graduate

Experience Required:
Minimum of 5 years experience in a production environment. Medical device manufacturing experience preferred.

Knowledge Required:
Knowledge of cleanroom practices preferred. Knowledge of chemical safety preferred.

Skills/Abilities:
Good manual dexterity when working with small objects. Ability to exactly follow assembly procedures. Manual soldering skill preferred.

R & D ENGINEER

Position Summary:
Designs and evaluates methods for building and testing components and assemblies. Carries out failure analysis and develops solutions to problems with design and materials. Performs and coordinates activities involved in documentation, fabrication, testing and production implementation of components and assemblies. Will work on numerous assignments and interact effectively with other departments.

• Perform R & D processes according to informal procedure and analyze results.
• Create and retain records of R & D process development work.
• Perform specialized testing and failure analysis.
• Plan and build test systems, develop test methods and procedures.
• Conduct experiments. Collect, organize and interpret data.
• Drive process development efforts by generating concepts for improvement, implementing and evaluating demo runs and qualifying new processes.
• Plan and execute tasks according to priority and schedules.
• Generate experimental protocols and reports.
• Build and support vendor relationships.
• Design parts and assemblies using CAD/CAE tools.
• Procure and qualify parts and assemblies through internal resources or external vendors.
• Document design concepts according to company procedures and standards.

Qualifications:
Education: BS degree in mechanical engineering, material science or related field from an accredited college or university.

Experience Required:
Up to 3 years related experience and/or training or equivalent of education and experience.

Required Knowledge:
Awareness of statistics and experimental design. Regulated industry and cleanroom experience is beneficial.

Skills & Abilities:
• Proficient in Word processing and spreadsheet software. CAD drafting skills, particularly AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
• Able to initiate and complete assignment independently.

PM for more details. We also have some positions open relating to vision and nuerostimulation but they all require PhDs.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Harcourt posted:

Job openings in the medical device industry, San Fernando Valley, CA

PROCESS TECHNICIAN - ASSEMBLER

Position Summary:
This position will be responsible for the assembly and inspection of implanted retinal prosthetic and supporting external products. The individual will be trained and perform job requirements according to the specific procedures of the area.

• Manual assembly and inspection of the implant, usually under microscope
• Manual assembly of printed circuit boards and housings for external support equipment
• Mixing and working with epoxies and medical silicones
• Use of common measuring instruments including calipers, micrometers, voltmeters • Operation of production equipment including ovens, vacuum degassing, plasma cleaner, wire bonder, helium leak checker and laser welder
• Assist engineers in developing assembly and inspection processes
• Duties may include anodizing, plating, etching and other wet (chemical bath) processing
• Duties may include manual or semi-automated micro electronics assembly including die attach and wire bonding.
• All activities require keeping accurate records to FDA Good Recordkeeping Practices standards. Education: High school graduate

Experience Required:
Minimum of 5 years experience in a production environment. Medical device manufacturing experience preferred.

Knowledge Required:
Knowledge of cleanroom practices preferred. Knowledge of chemical safety preferred.

Skills/Abilities:
Good manual dexterity when working with small objects. Ability to exactly follow assembly procedures. Manual soldering skill preferred.

R & D ENGINEER

Position Summary:
Designs and evaluates methods for building and testing components and assemblies. Carries out failure analysis and develops solutions to problems with design and materials. Performs and coordinates activities involved in documentation, fabrication, testing and production implementation of components and assemblies. Will work on numerous assignments and interact effectively with other departments.

• Perform R & D processes according to informal procedure and analyze results.
• Create and retain records of R & D process development work.
• Perform specialized testing and failure analysis.
• Plan and build test systems, develop test methods and procedures.
• Conduct experiments. Collect, organize and interpret data.
• Drive process development efforts by generating concepts for improvement, implementing and evaluating demo runs and qualifying new processes.
• Plan and execute tasks according to priority and schedules.
• Generate experimental protocols and reports.
• Build and support vendor relationships.
• Design parts and assemblies using CAD/CAE tools.
• Procure and qualify parts and assemblies through internal resources or external vendors.
• Document design concepts according to company procedures and standards.

Qualifications:
Education: BS degree in mechanical engineering, material science or related field from an accredited college or university.

Experience Required:
Up to 3 years related experience and/or training or equivalent of education and experience.

Required Knowledge:
Awareness of statistics and experimental design. Regulated industry and cleanroom experience is beneficial.

Skills & Abilities:
• Proficient in Word processing and spreadsheet software. CAD drafting skills, particularly AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
• Able to initiate and complete assignment independently.

PM for more details. We also have some positions open relating to vision and nuerostimulation but they all require PhDs.

I don't have PM. Do you have AIM or email that I can contact you at? I've got a BS in Chemistry and live in Sherman Oaks.

Oak Read Erryday
Mar 9, 2009

Tigren posted:

I don't have PM. Do you have AIM or email that I can contact you at? I've got a BS in Chemistry and live in Sherman Oaks.

Hey, you can email me at -removed, openings are still available as far as I know though-

Oak Read Erryday fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Aug 18, 2010

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Harcourt posted:

Hey, you can email me at 4harcourt at gmail.

Cool, emailed. Thanks.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
Job Opening in San Diego, CA, PART TIME
OFFICE MANAGER for small tutoring company

Qualifications
-Proficient MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
-Type 50 words or more per minute
-Strong written and verbal skills
-Quickbooks experience a plus

Responsibilities
Office manager will be responsible for answering phones, scheduling appointments, billing, data entry, and more.

Compensation
$10 to $15 per hour (starting rate depends on your experience)
[Part-time position] 4 days per week, 3-5 hours per day
Opportunity for full-time employment within 3 months

How to Apply
Email your resume and a brief description in the body of the email of why you're a great candidate. Please keep the email to 5 sentences or less. We will reply to all qualified applicants.

email my gmail account at moana DOT arkhonne and I'll see that you get on the short list.

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Knightmare posted:

It's in Madison working for a healthcare marketing company. Our current open positions are:

Account Coordinator
Account Development Manager
Copywriter
Database Developer
Digital Press Operator
Marketing Analyst
New Business Development Executive
Recruiting Coordinator
Software Developer

I think Account Coordinator is entry-levelish, everything else probably requires some experience. Email me at crotchtaco@gmail.com if interested in any.

Is this Epic? If so, you pay very well but demands of the job completely eat people alive.

Edit: Scrolled up and had a laugh that this is common enough knowledge that multiple people know about this

Blinkman987 fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Aug 13, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timtastic
Apr 15, 2005
All people hope Islam helps everything in life. Islam will make jobs. Islam will make freedom. Islam will make everything
Probably a waste of my time, but:

Job Seeker in China

Education
B.S. Engineering Mechanics/Astronautics, 2007

Skills
MS Office software, FLUENT, ANSYS, CAD (SolidWorks+COSMOS, Pro-E, etc), Matlab/Simulink, Intermediate level Mandarin

Experience
4-ish years at a CAD software company doing software QA.

What I am looking for
An entry level position in control systems, something with aerodynamics, structural design, CAD design. Industry is flexible (renewable energy would be awesome), as long as it isn't direct military applications (doubt that would happen in China anyway). Something that would actually make use of the skills/knowledge I obtained in my university studies.

For resume and other information, E-mail
peregrine_fal75 at hotmail dot com