Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

TheGoatFeeder posted:

I've been loving this game and only just thought to check through the games forums to see if there was a thread for it, but I had a question, basically I was on a Red Dead wiki last night and noticed that it said that Luisa Fortuna died, I have no recollection of that happening at all and just wondered how it happened and at which point. Did I miss a bit of dialogue somewhere, or was it in the opening cut scene to the final assault in Mexico (my 360 decided to bug out during that video).

I have just opened up Blackwater and worrying that I am getting close to the end!

Yup, that cut scene is bugged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Thanks, I'll go and check it out now.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Are there any goons on Xbox Live who would want to do some Outlaws to the End co-op mission runs? I just got back into the multiplayer after a hiatus and I love doing the missions. So much better than doing the canyon runs in Free Roam (especially playing Ammunition!).

So, anyone up for it?

msane
Oct 25, 2007

msane in the membrane

OrangeGuy posted:

Are there any goons on Xbox Live who would want to do some Outlaws to the End co-op mission runs? I just got back into the multiplayer after a hiatus and I love doing the missions. So much better than doing the canyon runs in Free Roam (especially playing Ammunition!).

So, anyone up for it?

Sure, I haven't done any yet and if you catch me online I'd be happy to work on them.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

TheGoatFeeder posted:

I've been loving this game and only just thought to check through the games forums to see if there was a thread for it, but I had a question, basically I was on a Red Dead wiki last night and noticed that it said that Luisa Fortuna died, I have no recollection of that happening at all and just wondered how it happened and at which point. Did I miss a bit of dialogue somewhere, or was it in the opening cut scene to the final assault in Mexico (my 360 decided to bug out during that video).

I have just opened up Blackwater and worrying that I am getting close to the end!

I didn't get the scene either and was a little confused when Marston was talking about that with Reyes. Didn't know for sure that I'd actually missed something until I saw my brother do that part.

Gazmachine
May 22, 2005

Happy Happy Breakdance Challenge 4
Did the most :clint: thing ever the other day. Some dick in free roam was griefing a small posse while they were trying to do poo poo, so I joined the posse and started executing this dude, over and over. He had one more attempt at me and I played a proper spaghetti western trick on him.

I trotted my horse up a ramp, near to that huge rock in mexico that overhangs like an archway. As he approached, he was being cagey and trying to edge his way up the slope to find me. I shot near my horse to frighten it and that sent it trotting down the path towards the the dude. I then took up a position to the right of my horse. Guy thinks I'm mounted, starts firing at my horse.

It was far too late when he realised I was to the side, pumping him full o' six shooter rounds :clint:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Should I ever trust people on the side of the road, asking for a ride? I keep getting horsejacked because I hope they'll have a story to tell me, or something.

Unsupervised Horse
Apr 10, 2009

rotinaj posted:

Should I ever trust people on the side of the road, asking for a ride? I keep getting horsejacked because I hope they'll have a story to tell me, or something.
Some of them genuinely need help. You have to ride them back to the nearest town while being chased by bandits

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

rotinaj posted:

The "Hey fella I need a ride I'm gonna run right up to you!" people are always horse jackers, and it's okay to just shoot them before they even finish speaking. Occasionally a woman will flag you down for a ride into town, though. That's only happened to me twice though so I figure it's a lot rarer than people trying to steal your horse.

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010

rotinaj posted:

When I first started playing the game I would pull over for anything and anyone that whistled or screamed help.

This game has taught me well. I'm shooting everyone.

bobsmyuncle
Feb 21, 2006

aw yiss

Bloodcider posted:

The "Hey fella I need a ride I'm gonna run right up to you!" people are always horse jackers, and it's okay to just shoot them before they even finish speaking. Occasionally a woman will flag you down for a ride into town, though. That's only happened to me twice though so I figure it's a lot rarer than people trying to steal your horse.

I've played the game twice and never, ever encountered someone who wasn't a horse thief.

I still stop for them though, because hey free 50 honor.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?
I stop for everyone now that I know exactly where to shoot them to get that "crawl around with a destroyed spine" animation.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Slantedfloors posted:

I stop for everyone now that I know exactly where to shoot them to get that "crawl around with a destroyed spine" animation.

Do tell!

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

Bloodcider posted:

Occasionally a woman will flag you down for a ride into town, though. That's only happened to me twice though so I figure it's a lot rarer than people trying to steal your horse.
I got this 3-4 times in the middle part of the game. Never earlier, and never in late game.

I don't mind letting the horse thieves grab my horse, though. I just imagine their thoughts:

"Hahaha, that guy looked really tough and had a bunch of guns, but I just shoved him off his horse and took it! Haha! And now I'm riding into the sunset! What's that? Oh, I've just been shot clean in the back of the hea"

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

New Social Club challenge for Fort Mercer, with the lamest possible reward. Deadeye Level 3 Cheat

Tux Racer
Dec 24, 2005
Is there a place I can find all of the logins for the different meta tags? I added HIGHPLAINSGOONS, but I can't accept my request.

Hogarth Hughes
Apr 16, 2006

"As for me, people will be pleased to escape from me in one piece."

:black101:

Bloodcider posted:

Hm, almost every time I ever saw a woman trying to flag me down for help, she is working with some assholes who try and shoot you. I always kill them, lasso her, and go out of my way to drop her on the train tracks and have her get splattered.

If I do get a horse stolen, I will shoot my own horse and then torture the sonofabitch who took it. Dragging people around on the end of the lasso will never ever get tiresome for me.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Ray and Shirley posted:

Do tell!
You have to shoot them directly in the belt buckle (or the same spot on the back). I don't know if it's the entirety of the belt or just the front/back, but either way I've tested and confirmed it on dozens of Blackwatertarians.

Most civilians bleed out after the first couple of drag-crawls, but Blackwater cops and the tougher bandits can keep going for miles.

Slantedfloors fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 20, 2010

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Childlike Empress posted:

I got this 3-4 times in the middle part of the game. Never earlier, and never in late game.

I don't mind letting the horse thieves grab my horse, though. I just imagine their thoughts:

"Hahaha, that guy looked really tough and had a bunch of guns, but I just shoved him off his horse and took it! Haha! And now I'm riding into the sunset! What's that? Oh, I've just been shot clean in the back of the hea"

It can be weird with some of the random events. For example, in my entire time playing through the single player game (40+ hours) I only encountered the stagecoach being robbed random event once. By that I mean the event where the stagecoach is running along with bandits chasing it and you can decide which side to help.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
It wasn't until after I 100%'d my second playthrough that I finally came across a lawman with two hogtied bandits and needed help taking one of them back to town. I was already en route to raising hell somewhere else so I didn't get to see how that one goes down.

Mister Bung
Jun 7, 2004

What about the children foo'?
I truly wish they'd make GTA4 DLC content for this. The game is just amazing, even after the hours upon hours I've played it for.

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug
Did anyone else feel kind of ripped off by Dutch's storyline? It really looked like they were moving towards some kind of Indian rebellion led by Dutch, and instead he robs a bank and then you kill him. It seemed like the entire game was pointing to it, what with the ominous statements in the intro, the parallel rebellion in Mexico with a crappy leader, talking about Dutch trying to right wrongs with his gang, the fact that it was the feds who were trying to take Dutch down, and the talk about "martyring" Dutch.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

FYI...

quote:

Red Dead Cheaters and Hackers Be Warned: The Ban Hammer Is Coming – Next Week

Posted: August 17, 2010 7:38AM | Author: R* Q

Oh yes. As promised, the ban hammer is a’coming.

Next week, starting on Tuesday, August 24th – we will be swiftly and indefinitely banishing from the world of Red Dead Redemption multiplayer all Gamertags and PSN IDs we’ve detected with hacked game saves. Such cheating is a clear violation of our code of conduct, and punishable at our sole discretion.

If you are one of these people, we are giving you this last chance for REDEMPTION to restore your HONOR: you have one week from today to delete your hacked game save to be spared the hammer’s swift justice on the 24th.

Some notes to be aware of:

* This will not apply to those people who simply took advantage of temporary exploits to rapidly grind up XP a few weeks ago. We are able to tell who actually hacked their save to have impossible scores.

* Banned hackers will also be removed from the leaderboards.

* To be spared, any hacked saves that you have will need to be deleted – single player as well as multiplayer. You should be aware that everything is wiped when deleting saves. These are the only exceptions:

- Players would keep any Achievements/Trophies they had already earned.
- All preorder items tied to their accounts would be unlocked for them upon signing in and creating a new save while connected to Xbox LIVE or PlayStation Network
- Any cheats earned through Social Club would be unlocked for them upon signing in and creating a new save while connected to Xbox LIVE or PlayStation Network

* After deleting your hacked game save(s), you will then need to go online with Red Dead Redemption (prior to August 24th) for it to register that you're now playing clean. For single-player saves, you will need to re-play the game while connected until you gain access to the safehouse at MacFarlane's ranch. For multiplayer saves, you will need to play one full game online or do one Gang Hideout.

Also – we’d like to make clear that the comments area below is not the place to air out your grievances with this or to state your excuse (“Um, my cousin was playing on my 360 for a few days – I think he did it!” etc) – all such comments here and in other posts will be deleted, subject to our terms of service. Please instead direct any and all correspondence on this subject to banhammer@rockstargames.com and we will have a look there.

Thank you all
Rockstar Games

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

After many failed attempts I finally got the herd of buffalo to run through downtown Blackwater.

None of the townspeople reacted or noticed :smith:

then I decided to go hunting up towards the forest and was doing ok but then at some point a bear came after me on foot, I managed to kill it right before it got to me, but then there was a wild boar inside the bear (or maybe immediately behind it) which of course promptly murdered me.

A bad day on the high plains

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

Earwicker posted:

After many failed attempts I finally got the herd of buffalo to run through downtown Blackwater.

None of the townspeople reacted or noticed :smith:

then I decided to go hunting up towards the forest and was doing ok but then at some point a bear came after me on foot, I managed to kill it right before it got to me, but then there was a wild boar inside the bear (or maybe immediately behind it) which of course promptly murdered me.

A bad day on the high plains

Do the Buffalo disappear when you beat the game? I went back to get the achievement where you wipe them out, and it appears somebody beat me to it.

War Pig
Nov 14, 2007

Civilization is crumbling.

tractor fanatic posted:

Did anyone else feel kind of ripped off by Dutch's storyline? It really looked like they were moving towards some kind of Indian rebellion led by Dutch, and instead he robs a bank and then you kill him. It seemed like the entire game was pointing to it, what with the ominous statements in the intro, the parallel rebellion in Mexico with a crappy leader, talking about Dutch trying to right wrongs with his gang, the fact that it was the feds who were trying to take Dutch down, and the talk about "martyring" Dutch.

This would have been fantastic. And yeah, you're not the only one who felt a little let down by it. The fact that Dutch was amassing a veritable army made me think something much bigger was going to go down than what did. An attack on the Feds' Blackwater office or on the rail camp in Tall Trees would have been sweet.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

AR posted:

Do the Buffalo disappear when you beat the game? I went back to get the achievement where you wipe them out, and it appears somebody beat me to it.

No, they just go into stealth mode for periods of time. They disappeared on me completely for like a week, then just popped up again one day. Then disappeared again before I could get them all.

War Pig
Nov 14, 2007

Civilization is crumbling.

Soy Sauce Beast posted:

No, they just go into stealth mode for periods of time. They disappeared on me completely for like a week, then just popped up again one day. Then disappeared again before I could get them all.

I got the Manifest Destiny achievement in one fell swoop before they could all get away.

I felt like an rear end and immediately after the achievement bing I reloaded a previous save to repopulate the fuzzy lil guys. :3:

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Popped this in again today after not playing for about a month. drat this game is still good.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

I play this game nearly every day. I'm at 95.4% complete. I keep getting distracted. Distracted in game I should say. There's just so much to do!

I'm getting to Rank 10s in various ambient challenges. Not sure how I'm going to do the Sharpshooter challenge. :ohdear:

Tercio fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Aug 23, 2010

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Just got to Blackwater recently, and I've noticed that when I'm roaming the Great Plains area and come upon usually two men in a small camp with a fire, they immediately start shooting at me unprovoked.

Any ideas?

BerkerkLurk
Jul 22, 2001

I could never sleep my way to the top 'cause my alarm clock always wakes me right up
Well, you are a cougar.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Scarf posted:

Just got to Blackwater recently, and I've noticed that when I'm roaming the Great Plains area and come upon usually two men in a small camp with a fire, they immediately start shooting at me unprovoked.

Any ideas?

I've run into this one as well and am equally clueless. I've come upon two guys duking it out in the middle of the wilderness, in addition to two guys carefully stacking explosives.

I have no idea what or if there's any point to them, but it usually ends in gunfire of some sort from me. :)

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Ray and Shirley posted:

I've run into this one as well and am equally clueless. I've come upon two guys duking it out in the middle of the wilderness, in addition to two guys carefully stacking explosives.

I have no idea what or if there's any point to them, but it usually ends in gunfire of some sort from me. :)
The one where the guys are playing around with dynamite is the best thing. If you leave them to it long enough one of the guys fucks up and they all blow up in a shower of carnage.

The only instance I can come up with where there were two guys at a campsite who opened fire on me was when they were in the middle of robbing and killing two other guys who were there before them.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

One time the dynamite guy lit his cigar and nothing exploded. Then I looted their treasure and ran like mad when they shot at me and blew themselves up.

Scarf posted:

Any ideas?

They are probably members of your rival's gang in that area.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

I had the same thing happen to me at the end of the game, every camp in the great planes or in the woods would start shooting at me unprovoked, the other areas didn't do this.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Scarf posted:

Any ideas?

They were probably robbers or bandits or stuff like that. I remember reading about them before the game was even released.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Ray and Shirley posted:

I play this game nearly every day. I'm at 95.4% complete. I keep getting distracted. Distracted in game I should say. There's just so much to do!

I'm getting to Rank 10s in various ambient challenges. Not sure how I'm going to do the Sharpshooter challenge. :ohdear:

My brother basically never plays videogames (I think the last new game he played was GTA4, and then he was no good at anything besides running people over and driving into walls) but he still managed to 100% it. The level 10 sharpshooter was pretty easy sine all I did was get that repeater that holds 22 shots, go into Armadillo jail and shoot the prisoner and then disarm the Marshalls as they run through the one entrance one at a time. Because you've got so many bullets you can afford another shot afterwards to kill them just so long as you keep the trigger held to keep your gun out in between Marshalls.

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

Stare-Out posted:

The one where the guys are playing around with dynamite is the best thing. If you leave them to it long enough one of the guys fucks up and they all blow up in a shower of carnage.

I never noticed that. Well, I never let them live long enough to screw up - before they could say hello there was usually a Molotov headed their way. I love that random event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Was skinning a few wolves near some train tracks. Whistled for my horse and he crossed right in front of a train.

He was never very bright...

• Locked thread