Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimlad
Jan 8, 2005

Ephrum posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Cp3aV2L7Ug

All the good stuff seems to happen when I am not home but my friends griefed a convention panel on secondlife.

This is brilliant. I feel like "this is the future" whenever online griefing translates directly into real life griefing. Like that one that was posted not long ago where a guy got this kid's sister to slap him super hard in the face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqQlvHhv7DE&feature=channel

Stolen from stggg;

quote:

Jennifer "Catreina" Snow is a 35 year old transexual lesbian from Fitchburg, Massachusetts who lives off of the combined finances of her unemployment checks and wife. She has three adopted children, who instead of raising properly, she ignores for the most part. The most important thing in Catreina's life is broadcasting herself playing Starcraft 2 on Justin.TV and has numerous times stated she would rather live off of her unemployment checks than find a job, stating, "If I got a job, it would interrupt my free broadcasting time." When confronted by critics, Catreina is known to wake up her children and have them defend her over live broadcasts, including having them tell others to "gently caress off and die". This ten part HBO mini-documentary follows Catreina as she streams her livelihood.

In this episode: A friendly match between rivals | Catreina admits her transexuality | Tells her hungry kid to go to bed instead of getting them something to eat

Her stream can be found at: http://www.justin.tv/catreina

Her stream right now is of her responding to the video and defending herself to the stream users. Plus the whiteknighting is hilarious.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Is it just me or is it kinda odd that a transsexual is calling other people "faggots" as a derisive remark?

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Aug 19, 2010

RushMix
May 16, 2007

Asmodai_00 posted:

Stolen from stggg;

Her stream right now is of her responding to the video and defending herself to the stream users. Plus the whiteknighting is hilarious.

This is unbelievably hilarious. I LOVE this rage!

"Cheaters need to be shot in the face," -- just one amazing thing she has said in the last couple of minutes in the youtube video.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Everquest 2 had individual player housing where they could place furniture and some heritage items (rare or common items from EQ1) from quests.

It was actually pretty neat how people could maneuver the items to look rather impressive. There were many many books in the game that could be quested for so having a shelf full of books from each zone was both awesome to look at and saddening the person spent so much time getting it.

So, as it would be expected, the owner of the house is the only one that could move these items. In the beginning, they had all the characters that entered a house spawn in the house in the middle of the first room. This spawn never moved so you could make a "jail" consisting of four tall bookshelves or whatever to lock them in that one position. The owner of the house could right click one wall and move it out of the way but anyone else would be unable to move from that one spot.

Locking them in this position made it so they could not click the only way out of the room, the door, since they were too far away. Every player also had a person home-warp spell but usually the ones in my jail just recently used that specific spell because they were doing some last minute shopping before they logged off for the night.

That was how I got them into my house as well. Players could set personal vendors in their residence. You could go to a broker NPC to buy it and it would appear in your inventory; but it included a transportation fee since you are buying it from a different part of the city. The seller's residence is listed on every item and you could go to that room to buy it without paying the % fee. I listed a rare item so the total price+ fee would be a bit above the normal price. People would go to the place to get it for a even cheaper price and that's how they got into my jail of reading.

I think they fixed this by placing the spawn within door-clickable distance.

So in the end, the player was stuck in this jail for at least two real hours or by the time a GM got their petition.

Later on, after the first expansion came out, you could take advantage of the constant player spawn location by placing a unique rug on the spot that would wisk them away, without clicking on it, to a high level location where the only way out was through some high level monsters in front of them.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Aug 19, 2010

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

Your post makes me realize how much I miss pre-cu Star Wars Galaxies :smith:

Simple Simon
Dec 29, 2008

"Good sir, would you fancy a Salmon tartar?"

Asmodai_00 posted:

Stolen from stggg;

Haha, what the gently caress. She's just a bad loser.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Apocadall posted:

Your post makes me realize how much I miss pre-cu Star Wars Galaxies :smith:

Yah, trapping wookies in my naboo house balcony was pretty awesome.

I'll add another thing I did to players.

Remember from the last post about EQ2 where only the owner of the house could move things? Well, not really. You could set your room permission to allow certain people to mess with your stuff which people did to have "professional" designers come in and work their room over. I kid you not.

Actually, now that I think about it, the results was pretty nice to look out. Which I why I did what I did as I will soon describe.

I felt like destroying something beautiful. - Narrator

In addition to the above setting, there was another one that gave permissions to anyone that entered the room. I think people did this because it was easier to do. I don't really know. What I cared about is that these players would forget to change permissions before they logged off.

Since everyone's house was an instance behind a single door (depending on how much your rent was, the location of said door, etc) you could easily visit many players' houses checking if they forgot to change the permissions (I seem to remember a way of quickly finding them by sorting, but I forget exactly).

If I found one that
a) Had the correct permissions
b) You could tell took a lot of time to set up

You could write me off from playing the game for the next hour or two.

How you changed the house was by right clicking an object and using various controls to rotate it. Ceiling items could only be stuck to the ceiling, same for the side items, but the unique one was floor items which had to touch the floor or be on top of some sort of object with polygons.

Some "creative works" I did.

I took every piece of furniture and crammed them into a fireplace. Furniture could overlap so *everything* would be one polygonal mess. One thing to note is to rotate the items randomally. They would keep their rotation as you moved it around the room and it would be easy for a person to, for example, line up a hundred books since they all kept the same rotation in the move. By randomly rotating that meant they would have to rotate the item back before placing it.

After that, I would log in my character named a very Hoboish name and sent them an mail saying I found their door open and tried to light a fire with the junk they had laying around to keep warm.

Something else I did was take the side items, like swords and clubs, and rotate them so they would look like I was Camelot'ing them into the wall. Some walls in certain rooms actually allowed you to plunge them in so far in that you could only see one polygon of the pommel. I think I only did this to rooms with not a lot of furniture but with vast arrays of weapons. The only way to get them out, I believe, was to forgo paying rent and having all the items delivered to you (I think, it's been awhile).

The placing of floor items could also be taken advantage of by building up a stack of tall things and on the very top place a bookshelf or table. On top of that table you could place everything on it. Remove the table and you will have everything floating in midair. Build up the stack again, place the table and continue putting the rest of the stuff on the ceiling.

I found one player that had something fierce for bookshelves and tall furniture and called in a couple friends to help me make a maze inside his own house (the start being, as you remember from the previous post, a constant position in the room). We actually got caught but, alas, grief failed as he thought it was the coolest thing he have seen done.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Aug 19, 2010

THE_Chris
Sep 18, 2008
Sometimes though, thats really rewarding. Trying to set something up for a MASSIVE grief only to have the person think its brilliant or hilarious and everyone has a good laugh about it.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Pretty inventive team-griefing in TF2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HBstUb9ca0

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life

No Safe Word posted:

No idea what's going on here

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Industrial posted:

I've never played TF2 but I think someone on team A is creating a teleporter for someone they know on team B. The guy on team B looks like a guy on team A so he can use the teleporter and still kill people standing on it.

I think.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Industrial posted:

The red scout you see coming through the teleporter and killing guys is actually a blu spy disguised as a red scout. He's putting teleporter exits right outside of spawn where typically there are entrances. They look very near-identical and sometimes take a few seconds to recharge so people will stand on them and wait. The blu spy sees someone standing on it from the nearby entrance and then telefrags the guy by going through it. Enemy spies going through teleporters will telefrag any opponents on an exit.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

No Safe Word posted:

Oh god I'm dying here.

The joke is you're expected to stand on a tele and wait for it to charge to send you wherever, which gives the enemy spy ample time to telefrag you.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

No Safe Word posted:

That's the best griefing I've ever seen in TF2. It's so beautiful because it requires teamwork between two guys on opposing teams and because it's totally legitimate. Another grief I've seen is where server mods/admins toggle noclip on themselves and goomba stomp (instakill by jumping on an enemy's head) new players. The newcomers sperg out because of a) mod abuse and b) the fact that they've probably never encoutered the goomba stomp before.

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

School Nickname posted:

That's the best griefing I've ever seen in TF2. It's so beautiful because it requires teamwork between two guys on opposing teams and because it's totally legitimate. Another grief I've seen is where server mods/admins toggle noclip on themselves and goomba stomp (instakill by jumping on an enemy's head) new players. The newcomers sperg out because of a) mod abuse and b) the fact that they've probably never encoutered the goomba stomp before.

Does goomba stomp actually work in TF2 or is it some dumbass admin mod? Either way, letting the Scout do a bunch of damage by hoppint on an enemy's head would be an excellent buff to the character.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
tf2worms always delivers.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Hard Clumping posted:

Does goomba stomp actually work in TF2 or is it some dumbass admin mod? Either way, letting the Scout do a bunch of damage by hoppint on an enemy's head would be an excellent buff to the character.

It's a mod on some servers and all players can do it, not just admins. You also bounce after you've killed the enemy so there's a chance that you can get a goomba stomp combo in. Having 2 or 3 guys killed in quick succession by the same person usually causes the server to erupt in laughter. Totally agree with that buff suggestion for the Scout.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

No Safe Word posted:

Oh god why did I never think of this before this is glorious

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Right when I thought this thread died, it gets kicked back to life with a great way of griefing in TF2.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Dumb question, but can you telefrag someone on your own team, or does it have to be done by a spy in disguise?

Edit - nevermind. Found the answer on a wiki.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 20, 2010

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Dark Knight

I'm stupid, this isn't the TF2 thread.

Xinlum fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Aug 20, 2010

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Not nearly as inventive as the telefragging video, but teleporter related TF2 griefing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHnzmhTXdTM

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

Not nearly as inventive as the telefragging video, but teleporter related TF2 griefing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHnzmhTXdTM

That would probably have worked equally as well with the pyro's airblast.

IHatePancakes
Jan 29, 2009
Been playing a lot of that free Alien Swarm game on Steam. I've found many great things that are hilarious:

Refusing to heal people as a medic.
Picking a fast character, be the only one with a welder, and run ahead, welding doors shut behind you.
Refusing to share ammo.
Hoarding pickups.
Taking far too long on puzzles.
"Accidentally" shooting your teammates.
Playing medic, but switching to guns only right before the game starts.

And my favorite, hosting a game on normal/easy difficulty and switching it to insane right before launching. Then switching it back to normal as quick as you can once you return to the menus so they're none the wiser. Delicious, delicious rage...

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

IHatePancakes posted:

Been playing a lot of that free Alien Swarm game on Steam. I've found many great things that are hilarious:

Refusing to heal people as a medic.
Refusing to share ammo.
Hoarding pickups.
Taking far too long on puzzles.
"Accidentally" shooting your teammates.

You are not a very original "griefer", are you?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

The smash TV music goes pretty well with that game (better than the in-game music)

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Code Jockey posted:

Oh god why did I never think of this before this is glorious

I was thinking the same thing as I was watching. This is hilarious on so many levels.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
Here's how you grief in TF2:

1: Select medic.
2: Change your steam nick to Crouching With Bonesaw.
3: Only move while crouching with your bonesaw out. If someone asks to be healed, hit them with the bonesaw until they go away.
4: Never speak.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Hobo Siege posted:

Here's how you grief in TF2:

1: Select medic.
2: Change your steam nick to Crouching With Bonesaw.
3: Only move while crouching with your bonesaw out. If someone asks to be healed, hit them with the bonesaw until they go away.
4: Never speak.

Oh man next you'll hit me with a crabspy grief or boxing glove heavy grief.

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007

No Safe Word posted:

Oh man next you'll hit me with a crabspy grief or boxing glove heavy grief.

Maybe they're overdone, but they're still good.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Trainmonk posted:

Maybe they're overdone, but they're still good.

Only if someone flips out about it.

The thing is, if you're gonna make a funny grief, it either has to be clever, or people have to react to it, negatively or otherwise.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

PalmTreeFun posted:

Only if someone flips out about it.

The thing is, if you're gonna make a funny grief, it either has to be clever, or people have to react to it, negatively or otherwise.

I have a funny grief:

Play as a pyro, name yourself W+M1 and just play the game.

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Dark Knight

Grawl posted:

I have a funny grief:

I can't find it but there is a fantastic video of some guy kicking rear end as a Pyro while using a race wheel/pedals.

Drlupinmario
Aug 18, 2010

by T. Finn

Grawl posted:

I have a funny grief:

While that is funny, theres a differance between greifing and just being silly. That unfortunetly falls in the later catagory I think because people name themselfs stupid things in TF2 all the time. I once saw a medic called "Calvin" healing and ubercharging a heavy called "Hobbs". Greifing is more of taking advantage of glitches and whatever exploits there may be while being an rear end, like blocking spawnroom doors.

Greifing seems to be more popular with MMOs due to the amount of people who would watch

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Asmodai_00 posted:

Stolen from stggg;

What in the gently caress. 35 year old transexual lesbian who streams SCII all day... and still gets GUYS white knighting for her?

I don't understand the internet.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

Xinlum posted:

I can't find it but there is a fantastic video of some guy kicking rear end as a Pyro while using a race wheel/pedals.

I wasn't being serious when I made that post, but I did see this video today;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdmnYOIcyQg

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Grawl posted:

I wasn't being serious when I made that post, but I did see this video today;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdmnYOIcyQg

Well you griefed me. Meta-griefing, if you will. This is because I actually enjoy pyro and prefer doing what I can to ambush.

I totally want a pyro race wheel and when I honk it'll spew flames.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Xinlum posted:

This video?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IHatePancakes
Jan 29, 2009

Grawl posted:

You are not a very original "griefer", are you?

I'm sorry I don't have any creative masterpieces to share with you. I only just downloaded it a few hours before posting and haven't discovered any really great ways of abusing the game/other players, other than the tried and true dick moves that all coop games tend to share.

• Locked thread