Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kamiikoneko
Oct 31, 2008

When we got done with her, her name was just "The Mary"...
Job Seeker: Software Engineer

Location: Currently Upstate NY, interested in collaboration/contracting/consultancy with a possible move in the future.

Education: BS in Computer Science, concentration in Biology.

Experience: 3 years in object oriented software design and development, primarily in WPF, C#, and Java. Specializations include maintainability analysis, system design, testability analysis, and human experience design. The first year and a half with an international company's machine control/diagnostics division, and the second year and a half with a small high-talent software firm. Have designed and developed applications from the ground up on more than one occasion. Additionally, worked 2 years in critical systems modular and integration test for a government contractor.

What I Want: To help a small business or team develop a product and formalize their process in doing so. I can be a consultant, a contractor, or even move on location temporarily or permanently, if the location is somewhere I see myself thriving. I am also interested in starting a small business if someone has a product and wants a talented and easy-to-work-with developer to collaborate with.

Please feel free to contact me if anything above interests you:

kamiikoneko AT gmail DOT com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
Job Opening in San Diego, CA, Part time -> Full time
We're looking to hire two part-time (5-15 hours/week) academic coaches:

One candidate with expertise in math (and physics if possible), and a
second candidate with expertise in chemistry and biology.

Ideal candidates have previous tutoring experience, strong interpersonal skills, stellar academic records, and a passion for teaching. Tutors must be available to tutor through June of 2011.

The position will require traveling to our center in Sorrento Valley. Students typically request tutors between the hours of 3p and 10p, M-Th, Saturday or Sunday. Compensation is $20 to $25 per hour, which is comparable to $22.50-$29 per hour as an independent contractor. Starting pay depends on experience and subject expertise. Stellar tutors may be asked to join our small team of full-time tutors.

Note: we hire part-time employees, not independent contractors. This means there will be training and a test to demonstrate mastery of specific subjects. Tutors must score in the 99th percentile on the tests we administer before beginning any tutoring hours in that subject area.

Our Philosophy
We believe that high grades and test scores are attributable to three factors: conceptual knowledge, study habits, and motivation. Consequently, we create personalized programs that address all three areas in order to maximize the learning experience. Thus, we prefer to call our approach coaching.

How to Apply:

* Send an e-mail to my gmail account at moana DOT arkhonne with the subject "tutoring job"
* Include a short paragraph (5 to 7 sentences) in the body of the e-mail that includes:
1. Which tutoring position you're interested in
2. Your prior tutoring/teaching experience
3. Test Scores (SAT, ACT, GRE, GMAT, MCAT, etc.)
4. Undergraduate school G.P.A. and/or Graduate school G.P.A.
* Attach your resume as a Microsoft Word Document or PDF

If you have any questions or whatever PM me or email me at the above address.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Reposting this because it doesn't hurt to keep trying.

Job Seeker. DC Metro Area. Currently seeking an entry level office job in the DC metro area.

Education: BA in History and Political Science (2010)

Experience: Spent six months interning for a state emergency management agency and worked alongside FEMA as well. I have extensive research and writing experience but I'm pretty adequate at general office duties as well.

What I'm Looking For: I'm open to just about anything and I do have limited experience with IT. I have no certs though, just a few semesters of Cisco CCNA and personal experience. I'm preferably looking to get into anything that involves writing/research/analysis.

What I'm Not Looking For: Sales, retail work.

Where I Live: Northern Virginia, but I'm willing to commute to pretty much anywhere in the DC Metro area.

When I Can Start: Two weeks from an offer

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Aug 19, 2010

Sits on Pilster
Oct 12, 2004
I like to wear bras on my ass while I masturbate?
Job Seeker, Greater Seattle Area

Education: BA in Journalism, Business minor (2008)

Experience: One year in an intermediate-level marketing position at a start-up software development company. Two internships (totaling six months) in athletic promotions, event coverage and backpack journalism prior to graduating college. Member of the TIME Magazine The Page promotions street team during the 2008 Democratic National Convention. Four years as Systems Administrator part-time while attending school.

What I'm Looking For: A temporary position, short-term contract, or internship in marketing, public relations and/or advertising. I am passionate about this industry because it gives me a targeted creative outlet to write, design and convince. I am looking for a temporary position because I will be leaving the area next summer to pursue an MBA.

What I'm Not Looking For: Sales, administrative office work

Where I Live: North Seattle (Ravenna)

When I Can Start: Two weeks from an offer

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Blinkman987 posted:

Is this Epic? If so, you pay very well but demands of the job completely eat people alive.

Edit: Scrolled up and had a laugh that this is common enough knowledge that multiple people know about this

No, it's not Epic. We definitely get some of their burned out employees though.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Job Seeker, NYC

Education: BS in Applied Math, Concentration in History

Experience: Five years of statistical analysis, software development, project management, and administration at a clinical trials lab. It wasn't the most apt position for me given my education, but I started there as an intern in 2005 while in school and kept with it as I was promised a lot of growth and leadership roles.

What I'm Looking For: A job with a view. A job where I can see something being built and be proud of my portion of that. A job that welcomes and appreciates creativity. A job where things are done correctly the first time. A job where I don't have to fix everyone's mundane problem or clean up messes. A job where efficiency is of utmost importance. Field-wise, I'd love to do something scientific or research-based, but that's scarce here. Realistically, web analytics or something that promotes finding trends and working with those findings, hopefully on an international level.

What I'm Not Looking For: Finance, QA.

Where I Live: SoHo.

When I Can Start: A week after an offer.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Job Seeker. Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill Area

Education: BS Biochemistry, minor in Genetics

Experience: None in the field unfortunately, which is why I'm unemployed with this degree. My last job I had for 7 years, working at an IT help desk and setting up computers at the labs at UNC.

What I'm Looking For: Any entry level position in biology/chemistry/biotech and so on. I can't go back to graduate school, so this is pretty much it for me. I'm willing to settle for an unpaid internship--anything to get in the door basically. If it's just editing the company website, that's okay. I'm willing to consider teaching positions too; I'll sign up for the Praxis and get a certification if I have to. Still figuring all that out though.

What I'm Not Looking For: I'll take anything.

Where I Live: Chapel Hill, but I can commute anywhere in the Triangle.

When I Can Start: Next week, August 30th, or later.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
Job Seeker

Education: BS in Computer Science, Graduating in December of this year.

Experience: I have completed several group projects, including my senior design project to create an automated apartment security monitoring system, which included all steps of development from requirements to implementation and testing. Additionally, I have served 6 years in the Navy and have a experience in both interacting with and managing small groups of people working towards a common goal.

What I'm Looking For: A position as either a developer, or in QA testing. Game development or testing is preferred, however I am not picky in the slightest. I am looking to gain real world experience and apply my problem solving skills towards your business challenges. Similarly, I am willing to move to where the job is.

What I'm Not Looking For: An immediate, drop everything job. I have already paid for this final semester of college, and would rather not drop everything and go until that is figured out. That said, I am more than willing to telecommute for reduced pay until I have graduated and can move to a location proper after this December.

Where I Live: Arlington, Texas

When I Can Start: As stated above, via telecommute, immediately. Physical presence will require completion of this semester.

Mattksa
Apr 11, 2006
Job Openings in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia - 1 Year Renewable Contract

My company will be holding a recruiting workshop around the middle of October in Detroit, Houston, Vancouver and London. Selected candidates must undergo a thorough background investigation. Candidates will not work directly for my company. They will be employees of one of 7 contract companies my company deals with. Salaries are extremely competitive and can be tax free depending on where you're from. Email me at mattksa1 at g mail dot com if you're interested in any of the listed positions.

We're currently looking for the following professions:

English Teachers (Plenty of openinings): 4 Years classroom experience minimum. Must have a bachelors degree and a recognized ESL certification.

Math Teacher (Few openings): 4 years classroom experience minimum, must have a backelors degree in math.

Physics Teacher (one opening): 4 years classroom experience minimum, must have a bachelors degree in physics.

We also require people with 6+ year experience working in the following fields for the oil and gas industry:
Safety/HSE
Gas Plant Operators
Pipefitter/Fabricator
Welding
Mechanical Technicians
Electrical Technicians

The specifics for each industrial skills position would fill up too much space. If you meet the 6+ years criteria and want more info on any positions you can send an email at mattksa1 at g mail dot com

Mattksa fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Aug 29, 2010

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
I sure hope I don't get banned
Job Openings in Washington, DC

I work for a healthcare research, consulting, and strategy firm headquartered in Washington DC with offices in London, San Francisco, Austin, Nashville, Chicago, India, and others on the way.

Right now my division, Strategic Research, is conducting a recruitment drive to fill positions lost due to anticipated summer exit for grad school. If you're interested, feel free to send me an email at david.gaffin (at) gmail.com or gchat me if you'd like more information, and I'd be happy to submit your resume through our employee referral program.

Positions are very competitive, so if your only experience has been a summer working at Gamestop while attending community college, you probably won't be considered.

Job description and company PR below:

The Advisory Board Company (NASDAQ: ABCO)
https://www.advisory.com

Forbes: Ranked one of the 200 Best Small Companies, 2009
Vault.com: Listed among Top 50 Consulting Firms, 2009
Modern Healthcare: 2009 “Best Places to Work”
Finalist, Washington Business Journal's Business Philanthropy Awards, 2009
Modern Healthcare: Listed among the Largest Healthcare Management Consultants, 2009

About The Advisory Board Company
The Advisory Board Company (NASDAQ: ABCO) is a leading health care services firm providing best practices insight, leadership development, implementation and technology solutions. The company currently serves over 2,800 of the country's preeminent hospitals and health care systems as well as pharmaceutical and medical device companies and insurers. Our continually expanding business portfolio provides employees with significant opportunities for career development at an accelerated pace, while an employee-focused internal environment places emphasis on service ethic, spirit of generosity, team engagement, and continuous learning.

Our current opportunity is based in Washington DC.

Position Info:
About the position
Strategic Research Analysts work in teams on research studies surfacing key challenges or opportunities facing hospitals and provide best (and worst) demonstrated practices in addressing these issues. The unique membership model allows research teams to directly interact with hospital executives, learning from their experiences and influencing change at member hospitals through presentation of key research findings.

Research studies can range anywhere from 1-9 months in duration, and typically culminate in a two-day summit where research findings and insights are presented to healthcare executives. Most recent studies have addressed topics such as the Emergency Department capacity crisis, the growing burden of bad debt in hospitals, evaluating the latest clinical technologies, implementing electronic medical records, and the nursing shortage. Finally, these studies are published and shared with other hospital leaders via web-based teleconferences. Analysts are actively involved throughout the entire research cycle—from conception, to research interviews, to analysis and creation of presentation materials. Working in teams provides analysts a great opportunity to learn from peers and to take on more challenging responsibilities as they mature in their roles.

Analyst Responsibilities
Analysts work on two to four research studies per year, with job responsibilities varying according to the stage in the study cycle. Across each research cycle, the analyst will typically be expected to accomplish the following objectives:
Collaborate on research agenda setting
Conduct in-depth interviews with senior healthcare executives
Document and analyze findings from primary and secondary research
Reduce industry challenges to root cause problems
Identify and critique best practice strategies and solutions
Develop innovative frameworks for presentation of findings
Contribute to creation of presentation materials
Potentially analyze and build market calculators and financial models

As analysts become more experienced, they assume broader responsibilities, including management of member relationships, providing “thought leadership” and creativity, and even serving as “in-house experts” on various topics.

The analyst position offers significant growth and rapid promotion potential, as well as opportunities to take on other roles within our growing firm. The Advisory Board is a true meritocracy, with pace of advancement within the firm based on an analyst’s performance, capabilities and ambition.

Qualifications:
Basic Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree
Excellent academic record
0-4 years of experience
Experience with at least one of the following:
Conducting long-term research (at least 3 months in duration)
Conducting primary and secondary research
Demonstrated interest in health care
Writing in-depth reports in an academic or professional setting

Ideal Qualifications:
Experience working in a team environment, as well as independently and autonomously
Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior executives
Experience conducting root-cause analysis
Demonstrated experience meeting deadlines
Experience with solution focused problem solving and thinking through problems creatively

Benefits: Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package, including a comprehensive health plan, a 401(k) plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, a daytime leave policy for community service, a medical flexible spending account, and additional attractive benefits.

bam thwok fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Aug 31, 2010

mexicanmonkey
Nov 17, 2005

FIESTA TIME
No more openings.

mexicanmonkey fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Sep 7, 2010

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

mexicanmonkey posted:

Full-time Tech support at Google (Mountain View, CA)Basically, if you've recently graduated with a GPA above 3.0 from a decent school and know anything about computers send me an email at mexicanmonkey @ gmail.com and I can get you in contact with someone who will get you in an interview.

I assume this is CompSci types only?

Jul 11, 2003

by astral
Job Seeker NYC

Education: EE with Math Minor + 1 Actuarial Exam (Probability/Stats)

Experience: QA at a financial exchange. Pretty self-managed work with high level of responsibility. Did automated testing, read UMLs, and worked in an agile environment.

What I'm looking for: Something in the financial industry or any industry involving risk, statistics, mathematics, etc. I would be open to a well paying QA job too.

When I Can Start: October, Mid to end.

a bear
Oct 25, 2004
a bear is strong
Job Seeker

Education: BA in Video Production

Experience: Internship with Independent Film Channel Post Production Offices New York, NY, reviewing films for technical and audio errors, revising continuity and subtitle lists, aiding and assisting post production staff, attending trailer finishes, and maintaining complete film inventory. Experience editing with Premiere, Final Cut, Photoshop, and After Effects, and have capabilities of producing, filming, and editing own work. Also, strong writing background.

What I'm Looking For: Stable work where I can use my skills. Entry level position.

Looking to Work In: Maryland or Washington, DC.

When I Can Start: September 15, 2010.

a bear fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Sep 5, 2010

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Job Seeker

Education: BA in Economics, MS in Accounting (Anticipated December)

Experience: A little over 1 year in various accounting roles performing duties such as bank reconciliation, general ledger account reconciliation, variance analysis, analysis of cash flow and other performance/planning measures. Also experience with full cycle accounts payable and some payroll experience. Extensive experience with Excel and Quickbooks with limited exposure to Access.

What I'm Looking For: Anything that utilizes my skills.

Looking to Work In: Chicago land area until the Winter but open to relocation to anywhere in US/Canada (within reason, no crazy rural areas) after that.

When I Can Start: Immediately

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004
Job Seeker in NYC

I have 4 years of experience as an admin for an airline. I would like something close to JFK airport where my girlfriend is working, but I really just need a job at this point.

I'm looking for an administrative assistant type job and I can start sometime at the beginning of October (the is very negotiable).

Alternatively, I'm also looking to expand my horizons and would love to get experience in a new field, if you have a job available, please let me know!

two_beer_bishes fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Mar 28, 2016

fishhooked
Nov 14, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Nap Ghost
Job Seeker

Education: BS in Civil Engineering

Experience: 4 years design experience in public works and land development. Public works has been primarily roadway, stormwater and utility improvements. Land development focus has been on commercial and university developments with some smaller (30lot) subdivisions. Currently EIT with plans to take the PE early next year.

What I'm Looking For: Any entry or mid-level design engineer in the Civil or Environmental engineering fields. I would definitely consider entry level position to break into the Environmental side of civil engineering including water and wastewater opportunities. Looking to relocate to a mid size to large city

What I'm Not Looking For: relocating to a smaller town.

Where I Live: St Joseph Missouri, but I am willing to relocate myself.

When I Can Start: Anytime after October 20th

ass tude
Jun 5, 2006
Job Seeker

Education: BS in Biology

Experience: 2 years academic laboratory experience in biology/chemistry. Proficient in PCR, Western/Northern blots, Cell culturing, LIMS and other general lab skills. I also have clinical research experience involving drafting and presenting data.

What I'm Looking For: Any entry or mid-level position in Biotech or Biology research. My interests also extend into the health care research / consulting field.

Where I Live: Charlotte, NC and willing to relocate.

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

Job Seeker

Education: BS in Economics, Minor in Math

Experience: I have experience conducting primary and secondary research, as well as some experience in SAS Programming.

What I'm Looking For: Any entry level position that could use my skills. I'm interested in learning SQL and expanding on my SAS skills.

Where I Live: Cape Canaveral, FL and willing to relocate.

Communist Q fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Sep 9, 2010

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Job Seeker

Education: BBA concentration: Management Information Systems with a minor in History

Experience: Two summer internships, one for a non-profit, working on general business/organization IT concerns like: databases operation, customer/donor relations, website design, and what not. I have basic experience with programming, database languages, project management, and business processes.

What I'm Looking For: Pretty much any entry level position as a business analyst, or similar position. Professors and older mentors tell me I have pretty strong people and problem solving skills, so I would really like to find something customer facing and people related. I'm interested in sales, but more b2b with ongoing relationships.

Where I Live: Dallas TX. I am willing to relocate anywhere in TX, and would consider opportunities farther away.

When I Can Start: In Dallas, immediately. Elsewhere, whenever I can find a place to live and move, so within a week or two.

Grr8
Mar 22, 2006
a'blocka bla'kow

bam thwok posted:

Advisory Board Company

Sent you an email. :)

Grr8 fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Sep 12, 2010

Scipio
May 27, 2003
Tender Warrior Poet
Job Seeker

Education: BS Organizational Leadership and Supervision, International Focus

Experience: 1.5 years as Business Analyst for Travel and Meetings Mgmt company, 1 year as Implmentation/Account Manager IT company, 2 years Logistics Manager at IT Company, 9 years Geek Squad. Understanding of ITIL process, specifically CSI. Strong understanding of IT world, but no tech certifications. Basic grasp of SQL.

What I'm Looking For: I like the analytical work I'm doing now, but our contract is up at the end of the year and I'm not sure I will move on to another client or take a different position within my company. I enjoy the problem-solving aspect of what I do, but not the large amount of time spent at a desk. I loved what I was doing in the warehouse I worked in, 50% physical labor, 30% inventory control, 20% process improvement.

Where I Live: Indianapolis, IN. I'm willing to move but I have a mortgage to deal with. I do have a lot of international travel experience and am willing to work abroad.

When I Can Start: Jan 1, 2011 or sooner, may have to give 1 month notice to current employer.

The Tragic Hero
Apr 8, 2006

Omnomnomnom
Career & Growth Seeker

Education: BA Economics, BA Geography cumulative 3.4 GPA from a top-tier University

Experience: 4 summers of sales service at an up-and-coming produce firm that relies on contracted labor. Automated the poo poo out of internal laggy software with on-the-spot-learned macro coding to take an 8 hour role into a 2 hour button-tapping position. Heavy customer/buyer correspondence. 2 years in a managerial role (President & VP) for a non-profit organization at my university, producing record-setting results. Heavy on event management and HR. 1 year at that same organization in publicity/marketing. Half year in a brand ambassador role for a widely-known consumer electronic. Three months as a technical writer for a tech startup in 2006 before I went off to school. My middle school days consisted of managing a web comic, flash development, and developing for an online MMORPG. Jack of all trades dilemma with me.

What I'm Looking For: Anything at a tech firm, and I want a challenge. My education informs me that that's the best industry to be in at this time, and I think my background and personal experiences enable me to thrive best there.

Where I Live: Orange County, CA. But I'm willing to relocate--in fact, I look forward to it. I want a change in scenery.

When I Can Start: I just finished up my seasonal position, so I look forward to starting immediately.

vstheworld
Jan 8, 2007
i want to ride my bicycle. :(
Job Seeker, Portland, OR

Education: B.Sc Psychology

Experience: 1.5 years working as a Research Specialist in a Behavioral Neuroscience lab at a top university. Alzheimer's Disease is my area of knowledge/interest in research. I have also had experience in social work and general university event planning. Now do some consult work with nursing homes and assisted living facilities regarding Alzheimer's Disease and state funding for their homes.

What I'm Looking For: Ideally something within my area of interest, Alzheimer's Disease. That's been hard to find with the recent economy, so I've been doing the independent consulting. At this stage in time I would like to take up any sort of work that's offered. Not to sound desperate, but I am.

What I'm Not Looking For: I can sell a good idea and I can talk the government into giving away money, but I can't sell something that's not worth selling.

Where I Live: Portland, OR (SE, w/ motorized transportation)

When I Can Start: At convenience.

fake_roogle
Jun 20, 2008
Internship Available - Beijing, PRC

Company: Goldwind Science & Technology Co., Ltd.

If any of you guys are interested in an internship with a wind power company that the company I work for is looking for an Assistant Converter System Engineer. They're urgently looking for someone to fill those shoes, so if you're into that area of expertise (studying EE or something similar) and willing to relocate to Beijing, PRC for the duration of your internship (flights you will need to pay for, accomodation here is free), we're looking for someone like you!

Key roles would include:
1. External contact with European converter suppliers, information gathering and processing.
2. Internal contact with relevant departments to coordinate activities inside and outside company to fulfill the task given by team leader.
3. Documentations about commissioning, maintenance, operations, etc.
4. Converter strategy and control sequence study, on site measurements and tests to solve different types of problem.
5. International activities in search for advanced converter technology.

If anyone's interested, you can PM me here or contact at demedial [AT] gmail [DOT] com. I won't be the one who decides whether you get in or not, so don't worry about being super formal or whatever, I can answer questions about working and living here though. Cheers!

fake_roogle fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Sep 15, 2010

Console Parade
Aug 20, 2010
Job Seeker

Education: BS, Computer Science
Experience: 9 years as a software pro. C#, Perl, and some SQL. Automation and integration. Wrote products used in clinical environments.
What I'm looking for: Something new! Have you ever wanted to do something completely different? Yup, that's me. I'll try just about anything that will pay the bills!
What I'm not looking for: Another programming job. I'm happy to do a job that has programming as a secondary or tertiary responsibility.
Reading between the lines: This is basically a chance for your company to recruit a really kickass computer guy on the cheap. The tradeoff is that I will need some mentoring because I will be doing something new.
Location: Currently in Maryland, will relocate anywhere in Continental USA
Can Start: Sooner than later

Console Parade fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Sep 16, 2010

I Wish I Was
Dec 11, 2006

I saw this at the bookshop and thought of you.
Job Opening for Ruby on Rails Developer in Austin, TX and San Francisco, CA
Job Opening for HTML/CSS Developer in Austin, TX and San Francisco, CA

My husband is currently bemoaning the lack of qualified applicants for a Ruby on Rails developer position. I don't know much about the job except that it's a small company based in San Francisco that just opened an Austin office. They do Facebook and other social-media type marketing campaigns for people, but I don't know anything more detailed than that. EDIT: he just told me they're looking for at least one HTML/CSS coder as well.

They're willing to hire entry-level, based on the fact that he spent last week and will spend this week at college recruiting fairs.

Send me a copy of your resume if you're interested - valerie at debill dot org - and I'll pass it along to him.

They will pay to relocate but will not do visa sponsorship.

I Wish I Was fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Sep 18, 2010

That Guy From Pearldiver
Apr 18, 2001

President and Sole Member of the Andre Braugher Appreciation Society
Job Seeker

Education: Some College
Experience: 10+ years front line retail, 5 years call center, 9 month first tier technical support
What I'm looking for: Anything.
What I'm not looking for: I am not in a position to "not" accept anything. Beggars can't be choosers
Reading between the lines: Hardworking, Dependable and eager to please
Can Start: now

Resume available upon request

Midge the Jet
Sep 15, 2006

Job Seeker

Education:
BS in Business Administration from a small college in SC
Experience: 4 years in tech support at small companies in the textiles and resins industries. In these positions, I did a lot of secretarial and administrative job duties as well. Right now I'm four months (and counting) in the banking/financial industry (data governance contracting, customer support, administrative support, etc).
What I'm looking for: Anything, though I do have a preference for office jobs. I wouldn't mine administrative assistant jobs or other such positions as well.
What I'm not looking for: I'm not looking for tech jobs
Location: DC Metro area. My fiance got a job in downtown DC with the feds, and my temp contracting job is in Trenton, NJ (where there is nothing at all).
Can Start: ASAP, my current position is understanding if I tell them I found something better since I have no benefits or anything right now.

Midge the Jet fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 29, 2011

dreamality
Nov 23, 2009
Mid Level J2EE Java WEB Developer
Looking for 10 Java Developers for a 6-18 months contracting job in Miami Florida. If you meet the requirements below, send your resume via email to jobs at adriss.com. Pay Rate is 40-45 dollars per hour. Positions need to be filled as soon as possible!

Scope of Work:
  1. Creation of design specifications
  2. Creation of UML models, flow & sequence diagrams
  3. Development of J2EE web applications
  4. Perform unit testing and integration testing
  5. Investigate and resolve reported defects
Required skills/competencies:
  • Software development (5 years)
  • Object oriented development (3 years)
  • Web development (2 years)
Experience with the technologies as follows:
  1. XHTML, CSS, Javascript
  2. Cross Browser Development
  3. Java, JSP, JavaBeans, EJB, Java Mail, Log4J, DBC, JUnit
  4. SQL Development - Oracle/SQL Server
  5. MVC Framwork knowledge - Struts, Struts2
  6. XML, XSL
  7. Object Oriented Analysis and Design
  8. Rational Unified Process RUP)
  9. UML, Knowledge on SRS documents
  10. Development experience with networking protocols (HTTP, TCP/IP, SSL, SMTP, etc.)
  11. Communication skills (verbal and written)
  12. Web services Usage and Development
  13. Unix
Experience in the following is a plus:
  • Eclipse
  • Rational Application Developer
  • Websphere Application Server
Preferred Education:
BS in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering strongly preferred.

Eris
Mar 20, 2002
Job Opening in NYC. Full Time. Entry Level

We need a Sales and Marketing Assistant

Position Overview:
This administrative support position is a starting or stepping stone for someone whose track record demonstrates hard work, initiative, responsibility, and outstanding organization skills. Our ideal candidate wants to build a career in business management, client services, business development, sales, marketing, and/or operations and is eager to do the important (but relatively entry-level) work of this job for approximately two years before their excellence leaves us no choice but to promote them to a position with more authority and responsibility.

Responsibilities:

Data Entry/Data Management
Research and Research Support
Ordering/Shipping/Fulfillment
Collateral Management
Trade Show Materials
Administrative Support

Candidate Qualifications and Characteristics:

Four year degree plus at least two years experience.(Note: We will consider recent college graduates who have accrued the equivalent of at least two years’ worth of full time work through an exceptional combination of extracurricular activities, part-time work, and/or volunteer work.)

Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
Experience conducting internet research through databases and analytics
Superior organizational skills and prioritization along with multi-tasking
Excellent people skills for both internal and external company relations
Experience with Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, and especially Excel, as well as Salesforce.com

Benefits:

Health/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
Paid PTO time for holidays, personal days, sick days
Stock options
Opportunity for personal and professional growth, advancement, and leadership within an innovative but stable growing company

Interested? PM me.

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

two_beer_bishes posted:

Job Seeker in NYC (Howard Beach area)

I have 4 years of experience as an admin for an airline. I would like something close to JFK airport where my girlfriend is working, but I really just need a job at this point.

I'm also very good with cars and I won't have one in NYC so I would love a job at a auto shop to get my fix of working on cars!

Updated with specific location

two_beer_bishes fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Mar 28, 2016

Ionic
May 7, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Job Seeker

Education: Master of Library and Information Science, Master of Arts in English

Experience: One year as an intern in an academic library at a small private college; this included circulation, archival and preservation work, cataloging, and the creation and implementation of a series of events designed to help students during final exams. One year of (part-time) reference work in a large academic library. Two years as a college-level writing instructor focusing on information literacy skills. Semester-long public library internship that focused on updating library procedures to incorporate current technology.

What I'm Looking For: I am most interested in working in an academic library since that's where most of my experience has taken place, but I would also consider working in a public library setting. My greatest strengths are in reference, instruction (especially instructing student and faculty users in research techniques and presentation and educational software), emerging technologies, and marketing. I am great with the public, genuinely enjoy answering even the most obscure or "basic" of reference and technical questions, and am always looking for and implementing ways to improve library services.

Alternately: I'm also open to non-library positions that could make use of my technical skills, marketing experience, and/or my ability to work patiently with the public. My short-term goals include building on my (very basic) HTML and CSS knowledge; while I'm not qualified for full-on programming work, I'm very interested in user experience, open source and tech in general, and am always looking for positions that mix public service and technical skills.

Where I Live: Louisville, Kentucky, but I'm willing to relocate to anywhere in the US or Canada for a full-time position

When I Can Start: Tomorrow

Contact: lauren dot ione at gmail dot com (portfolio link available on request)

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
We've got three openings for .NET developers in Lakeland, FL. (about a half hour from downtown Tampa, also potentially opening a satellite office in Tampa in the next few months which we'll have the option to work out of)

Looking for standard C#/ASP.NET skill set, pm me if interested. Pay is ~$45/hr if hired as contract or 85k/yr if perm.

STFU NEIL!
Jun 4, 2003
I know this because Tyler knows this.
Hiring in: Chicago, IL

Who we are: Small satellite office that basically serves as the digital arm for an advertising agency

What we need: My company is looking to hire a new web developer to join our digital team. We have a small office of 7 people in downtown Chicago, where we handle all the digital projects for our agency. This is a full-time position with benefits, insurance, all that jazz. Here is the list of job requirements:

Required skills:
* Expert level knowledge of HTML/CSS
* Familiarity with and ability to utilize common Javascript frameworks (JQuery, Prototype, etc.)
* Proficiency in one or more of the following (PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
* Understanding of relational database structure and platforms (MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc.)
* Experience with a variety of content management systems and an understanding of the concepts and challenges surrounding content management
* Specific experience with WordPress, Drupal or Umbraco would be a plus.
* Familiarity with management of dedicated servers running Linux, Apache, MySQL, etc.

Bonus points for the following skills:
* ColdFusion language - required in maintenance of legacy projects
* Flash - Actionscript 2-3 coding experience a big plus
* .NET technologies - not a primary focus at our agency but a necessity that occasionally comes up
* Experience with various application frameworks such as CodeIgniter, Ruby on Rails, Catalyst, etc.

Contact me through PM or email internetsuperstar at gmail dot com if you have any questions or you'd like me to pass along more info.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE
Job Opening - Math Teacher

The district I work at, we are looking for a 7th grade math teacher.

Location - New Mexico, Gallup

Gallup McKinley School District

Rodge
Oct 1, 2010
Nobody's gonna need this but hey, why not:

Job Opening- Part-time Shoe Repairer or Key Cutter

Location- Pontefract, North-East England

We desperately need someone to train up. It's somewhat physical work with heavy machines, and anyone applying would need to be willing to work hard and learn from two very, very grumpy old men who laugh in the face of Health and Safety and know more about shoes and keys than most people ever will.

Pay is minimum wage, holidays are standard, customers range from awesome to crazy. If by any chance someone lives in that area and needs a job my business email address is fosterkeyservices at gmail dot com

jaspertron
May 31, 2002
Job Opening: B2B Appointment Setter/cold caller
Part Time/Full Time

My company is always looking for some B2B Appointment Setters(cold calling basically). You'd be able to work from home and we provide the leads. You call leads anytime between normal business hours, and get the business to agree to try our services for free for one week, at the end of the week a closer follows up to see if they'd like to sign up. You get paid weekly for any signups you've gotten(50% commission on first months service, average package is $500 monthly, so 250 to you). The only catches are, its commission only and you need to make at least 80 calls per week or your contract will be terminated

PM or email me at brett ^&^ at ^&^ marketingshout dididot com

jaspertron fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Oct 2, 2010

OmNom
Dec 31, 2003

I make a damn tasty cookie. https://bit.ly/rgjqfw
Job Seeker: Orange County, California. Possibly willing to relocate.

Education: B.A. Sociology/ Nonverbal Communication

Experience: I have helped run and manage various small businesses: took over a small natural foods company, run and taught at a martial arts school, managed all of the accounts for a bay area satellite office of a lap top repair company, volunteered on the board of a non profit, work as an volunteer administrator for another nonprofit, and have the bulk of my experience in sales and management. All told I have about six years of experience and a wide range of skills.

What I'm Looking For: I would love to have a position in a company that is involved healthy and active lifestyles, or travel. My skill set is diverse, ranging from management to sales and marketing. I am open to most positions.

What I'm Not Looking For: Finance work.

Where I Live: Orange County, Ca; I could be willing to relocate for the right job, even internationally.

When I Can Start: In the next month or so. I am in the process of closing down a project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sovi3t
Jan 11, 2005
purple monkey dishwasher
Hiring a full-time PHP developer in Eden Prairie, MN

Who we are: Our main business is server colocation and web hosting. We have two primary data centers and are currently expanding the one at our main office in Eden Prairie. It's relatively small (~70 employees) but we were recently bought by a large telecommunications company (~2500 employees).
What we're looking for: A PHP developer with at least a 2-3 years of experience. Experience with databases, PHP frameworks, web app development, and related skills are important. We would prefer to hire an advanced programmer but would also be interested in potential Junior developers.
Approximate opening date: Now
Benefits: Medical, dental, some 401k/IRA contributions, and possibly others. Salaried position.
What you will do: Work on a wide variety of projects that center around our expanding service offerings, intraweb, and customer portals. You will be working alongside 3 developers in a friendly office environment.
Contact: Email your resume to rustywalrus --at-- gmail.com if you're interested or would like more information. Or PM me.