Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

The worst submarine posted:

They must have removed it at some point then, I remember someone had the ability to place a serpent ward once about every 10-12 seconds. Maybe I'm just crazy.

There's one guy who could place one frequently (Venomancer) and another who, as an ult, sets down 7 (Shadow Shaman/Rhasta)

Just remembered another courier grief. Couriers don't have mana, and items cost small amounts of mana to use. You used to be able to buy a +mana item, as well as a Dagon, which does 300 damage to a single target. The gimmick was to only spend money on flying couriers, giving each of them one of these items, and being able to instantly nuke someone for 2000+ damage depending on how much money you could get once every minute or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

FuzzyPickles posted:

Yeah, but for the random guy that runs up and clicks the big blue thing, its random as hell.

and if that fails, you break out the Mole Machine:

There's enough people who've never seen one that they click it, and end up in the arsehole end of nowhere, in an instance that's a bugger to navigate if you know the way around it, with their hearth unavailable.

People used to be click-happy enough that someone wrote an addon to kick mages casting portal:anywhere any dropping mole machines from groups in battlegrounds.

Pallet Pusher
Nov 9, 2004
Probably already posted but gently caress it. In Team Fortress Classic, if friendly fire was off, a fully charged sniper shot would send your team mates flying across the map if you hit them mid-air. People were always jumping up and down (bunny hopping) so the opportunity presented itself quite often. Some maps had drops that would kill, you can probably see where I'm going with this by now, but if you stood in a high traffic area, people would jump right in front of you and you could send them flying to their death (or across the entire map, perhaps doing them a favor but also taking away all their armor). You could also grief by being a soldier and shooting the feet of your team's snipers so they would get 'popped up' in the air and if you were could you keep them from landing until you ran out of rockets. Oh and then getting infected by a medic and standing in the respawn room infecting your team mates. God I miss TFC.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Gumby posted:

I remember once seeing a YouTube video of a pink-haired Gnome Mage doing this, to the tune of something like "She's a magical girl." Does anyone remember this and have a link to it? I can't find it while searching.

Here ya go! The one of the few WoW videos that is consistently funny to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n52v0bVpWis

I'm 98% sure Waar the mage in the video is a goon too.

e: since the video is kind of lovely. He says "Click portal to help summon", which is what you need to do with a warlock summon portal. then the yellow text in the chat window says "some dude has left the Raid" because when you leave the battle ground it kicks you out of the group.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Aug 30, 2010

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

big bip posted:

e: since the video is kind of lovely. He says "Click portal to help summon", which is what you need to do with a warlock summon portal. then the yellow text in the chat window says "some dude has left the Raid" because when you leave the battle ground it kicks you out of the group.

That is Brilliantly devious.

At least it points out who are the dumb ones :)

FoF
Mar 22, 2007

I BET THE GOONS DID THIS

ASK ME ABOUT BITCOINS, CIS PRIVILEGE, AND MY MASSIVE KARMA ON REDDIT
So as a late addition to the mage portal roulette, a friends guild mate has a legendary weapon that allows him to create a portal to an out of the way raid zone. He will summon this in with the pile which is even worse than the horrible cities they were talking about.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

FoF posted:

So as a late addition to the mage portal roulette, a friends guild mate has a legendary weapon that allows him to create a portal to an out of the way raid zone. He will summon this in with the pile which is even worse than the horrible cities they were talking about.

I've never seen an Atiesh, let alone one making the portal - so it has the same graphic as the normal mage portals?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaBKGoasjGI

I did this essentially with my Nelf Hunter. Shadowmeld up top so when alliance got pushed back to the original spawn (9-10 times they did) I'd unleash snowballs and do the above. It unleashed a world of fury.

so_me
Apr 28, 2010

by Fistgrrl

big bip posted:

Haha, I gave him the music for this. Man that was a long time ago.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

so_me posted:

Haha, I gave him the music for this. Man that was a long time ago.

What's the song in the video? I'm kinda digging it.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.

Soulex posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaBKGoasjGI

I did this essentially with my Nelf Hunter. Shadowmeld up top so when alliance got pushed back to the original spawn (9-10 times they did) I'd unleash snowballs and do the above. It unleashed a world of fury.

Oh god, they made a new kind of snowball that punts the target away? And to think people raged at the normal kind, which only interrupted spellcasting. That's amazing.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
No in fact that's the original AV snowball. People were raging over the forums so they changed it to the non-knockback kind. Also I believe the new ones have a cooldown as well.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Industrial posted:

Once I have a good lead, going for 2 after every touchdown but taking a knee/spiking the ball instead of running a play on a conversion attempt.

Driving down the field and then punting the ball through the uprights once I get into the red zone.

Hi there, I played a bit of Madden but could you maybe explain these two a bit for me? :shobon: I don't get what's griefing about getting a field goal, and does the first one just run down the clock? Oh wait, I think I get it, is it just a way of saying "I don't even need the points :smug:"

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

HoldYourFire posted:

Oh wait, I think I get it, is it just a way of saying "I don't even need the points :smug:"

Pretty sure it's this.

Dthulhu
Jan 7, 2004

'til death do us party, right here on Crystal Lake
:black101::gooncamp:

Charles Martel posted:

What's the song in the video? I'm kinda digging it.

It's Magical Girl by Guitar Vader. They were featured in Jet Grind Radio.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Cbouncerrun posted:

No in fact that's the original AV snowball. People were raging over the forums so they changed it to the non-knockback kind. Also I believe the new ones have a cooldown as well.

Yeah, there was no reason to play AV after this pretty much. Even when they changed it to when you could knock off enemy players it just wasn't as fun...I think admins had my name memorized on my server. Someone was speaking to me almost every other day about language, "harassment" , exploiting some glitch or some other menial bullshit. I find it ironic that someone can report you for language and yet they don't utilize the language filter built into the UI.

Yeah, I got griefed by soccer moms.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Soulex posted:

I find it ironic that someone can report you for language and yet they don't utilize the language filter built into the UI.

Speaking of, there's a goon-made addon called Reported! that triggers everytime someone swears in designated chat channels. It will randomly pick a phrase from a large pool to say into the chat channel. The one I've found that gets people incredibly angry is one that points out that swearing is against the Terms of Use (sometimes even telling you the exact location in the ToU where this rule can be found). It got one guy so angry that he told me his address so we could "fight IRL because I train UFC mother fucker and I have anger issues." I wish I had some screenshots of it because it was a really weird conversation.

There's also another goon-made addon that every so often chooses someone randomly to call them out on the damage they just did. Run it in PvP in conjunction with Reported! and you don't even have to say anything or actively grief to piss people off.

Me: "Player did 400 damage! How weak!"
Player: "Hey gently caress you"
Me: "Player has been reported for his/her foul language."
Player: "gently caress off, turn on your language filter rear end in a top hat"
Me: "Bella wouldn't smell half as delicious if she had a mouth as dirty as Player - Edward Cullen"

It goes on for 20 or so minutes. I just have to sit there and play the game normally while I have half the team threatening me with physical violence.

henkman fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Sep 1, 2010

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

henkman posted:

There's also another goon-made addon that every so often chooses someone randomly to call them out on the damage they just did. Run it in PvP in conjunction with Reported! and you don't even have to say anything or actively grief to piss people off.

Me: "Player did 400 damage! How weak!"
Player: "Hey gently caress you"
Me: "Player has been reported for his/her foul language."
Player: "gently caress off, turn on your language filter rear end in a top hat"
Me: "Bella wouldn't smell half as delicious if she had a mouth as dirty as Player - Edward Cullen"

It goes on for 20 or so minutes. I just have to sit there and play the game normally while I have half the team threatening me with physical violence.

Am I the only one who finds these lame? The canned responses give them away in a heartbeat and I've yet to see anyone genuinely fall for it. Just like the one that spams a notice everytime someone uses a downranked skill, most people(like me) just keep triggering it on purpose to be more obnoxious.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Dthulhu posted:

It's Magical Girl by Guitar Vader. They were featured in Jet Grind Radio.

Awesome, thanks!

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!

henkman posted:

I love the Elitist Jerk mod. It made healing random dungeons so much more fun. Plus you could always write your own list of callouts for it to draw from. Anyone who just laughed and rolled with it always got bonus points from me. Then there were the players that would stop dead in their tracks when they were called out. Sometimes they'd miss a pull or two while they were typing up an entire paragraph in response. Lots of "shut up you don't pay my sub" and "oh my god all healers are assholes."

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
One time when I was 6, I scissor kicked my brother in the back of the head while he was playing Super Mario Bros 3...

Also, I'm not sure how many of you guys remember the game Asheron's Call but I used to play that a lot (the one that wasn't Everquest). There was a trick where you could portal tie to specific locations and then cast the portal in a large group of people and see how many people go through out of boredom. The fun part was when you tied to a location that involved a long drop into a volcano, or a really nasty acid pit. So you had your buddies sit on a ledge watching while dozens of people took the bait and fell to their horrific deaths.

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh0hGb2RUA0

COD black ops seems to have built in griefing :allears:

Jzmisgoo
Sep 15, 2007

Jzm IS goo!!

Heintron posted:

Holy poo poo, that Goron City group is going to love this.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Calling it now, the Tomahawk is going to be changed within a couple weeks of the game's releass.

I'm not too excited about Wager match but those gamemodes sound fun as hell.

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007
I'd play that 1 bullet thing. Sounds fun.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Heintron posted:

Someone with skill or hax and a spare account could cause all kinds of trouble on a griefing run.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Heintron posted:

Holy poo poo. I've only played Call of Duty 2 and a little bit of 4, but these gamemodes alone make this new one look awesome.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's the first COD game I have any interest in. Those look fun.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
pritstick1000 released another video this week with a great homage to wumwuts, but you should just watch his earlier work instead.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Gungame was an amazingly fun mod for CS and I'm glad to see it make its way as an official part of a major FPS game.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
It was a game mode way back in Soldier of Fortune. Which came out right between the CS mod and the Retail version. :colbert:

It might have been a little different though, pretty sure you started on the "strongest weapon" the rocket launcher and went down through "weaker" weapons until you got to the knife..

edit: not that SoF was a major FPS, I'm just saying I don't think it started off as a mod.

QwertySanchez fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Sep 3, 2010

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

totalnewbie posted:

Gungame was an amazingly fun mod for CS and I'm glad to see it make its way as an official part of a major FPS game.

Definitely. I used to play CS and Day of Defeat gungame for hours.

Slightly on topic, I really love playing League of Legends as a character that can do special moves through walls and watch the rage flow from people who didn't know that could happen. The best griefs are those that come from just playing the game normally and watching anger happen.

Kangaroo Jerk
Jul 23, 2000

big bip posted:

Thanks! I love that one. CLICK PORTAL TO HELP SUMMON indeed. It must have seemed so compelling to them.

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

QwertySanchez posted:

It might have been a little different though, pretty sure you started on the "strongest weapon" the rocket launcher and went down through "weaker" weapons until you got to the knife..

Depends on which mode you're playing in CS. As far as I know there are 2 modes of GunGame.

1. You pretty much play a standard CS round where death results in you sitting out. When you get a kill, you must wait until the next round for your new gun.
Guns go from pistols on up and end with a grenade and a knife.

2. Instead of waiting out the round, you can now respawn. When you get a kill, your new gun appears instantly.
Guns go from Para to Pistols followed again by a grenade and knife.

So case 2 is pretty much what you described.

Greedish
Nov 5, 2009

what does this say
i don't even know
help
3. You can respawn and your guns change instantly, you go up from a glock to whatever the best gun is

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYuxT4CR_nM

Second Life, griefing an erotic reading club. This isn't the typical "fill the area with jumping Mario and screaming turtles" thing.

Just wait for the payoff.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Yeah, that one and Anshe Chung are old Second Life classics.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

PalmTreeFun posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYuxT4CR_nM

Second Life, griefing an erotic reading club. This isn't the typical "fill the area with jumping Mario and screaming turtles" thing.

Just wait for the payoff.

I laughed hard. Do you make the animations yourself or does second life actually have a bunch of those canned animations?

Tufty
May 21, 2006

The Traffic Safety Squirrel

0 rows returned posted:

I laughed hard. Do you make the animations yourself or does second life actually have a bunch of those canned animations?

Both I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

Since we're on the subject of SL griefing (and by the way, that erotic poetry reading grief is glorious. Really slow build, but completely worth it), does anyone remember a video where someone (pretty sure it was a goon) goes into a Sonic roleplay sim and harasses some guy dressed as a yellow version of Tails with a trenchcoat and katana? I can't find that anywhere.

Oh, and if you want to piss people off in Red Dead Redemption, find someone doing the mission where you have to get the minecart out of the mine, and when they almost get to the top of the hill outside it, kill them and start dragging the cart backwards a bit, then hop onto it ("No, dude, you don't wanna do that!"). That gives it not only enough momentum to get to the bottom of the hill, but as it turned out, also to keep going allllll the way to the bottom of the mine at very high speed. A friend and I managed to make that 15-minute mission last for over 2 hours for these two guys with a combination of that and the usual "run in circles round them while playing Yakety Sax or this brain-melting abomination over the mic for ages because people can't aim for poo poo without autoaim in this game" technique. Shame you can't record stuff on a PS3, because that moment where we and they realised that the cart wasn't going to just stop at the foot of the hill like we expected was priceless, and just doesn't translate to prose that well.

ChuckDHead fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Sep 4, 2010

• Locked thread