Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
In other news, Michael Nakazawa has formed a new DDT group.

It is called The poo poo Heart Foundation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Illinois Smith posted:

Is Michael Nakazawa playing the role of Butt the Shitman Fart?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Illinois Smith posted:

I haven't caught up with the last few Fantasia's, so whenever this happens, I shall be excited and caught off guard!

I heard he got a concussion during the Beer Garden run, is it legit?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

KungFu Grip posted:

One that I thought went better with an image of a guy kicking someone in the throat so hard that it makes the other person spit blood:

The winner! My thanks. As a reward I will post an 'advance' match featuring the wrestler of your choosing (ie. one that I've capped but haven't put on the site yet).

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
"Who is in the main event?"
"The poo poo Hart Foundation."
"How are they?"
"They suck."
"Well, it isn't just a clever name."

skyliner
Sep 16, 2006

Ditch posted:

The winner! My thanks. As a reward I will post an 'advance' match featuring the wrestler of your choosing (ie. one that I've capped but haven't put on the site yet).

Congratulations Kung-Fu! Thanks again Ditch for posting all these matches.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
The J Crown Rolls Along

Sasuke beat Ultimo Dragon in the finals of the J Crown tournament to win a metric ton of belts. Ultimo won the belts a few months later in a rematch. And now, two more of thems.

Ultimo vs Rey Mysterio, WAR December 13th 1996
http://theditch.us/UltimoVsRey12-13-96.avi

As with their excellent match at WCW World War 3 '96, this is compact and all kinds o' fun.

Liger vs Ohtani, New Japan February 9th, 1997
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y78LGTSI

Liger beat the winner of Ultimo vs Rey at the Tokyo Dome show. Now he tangles once more with Ohtani. This is the most highly regarded of their series of battles.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
IGF "GENOME13", 09.25.2010 (Samurai! TV)
Tokyo JCB Hall

3. Chris Daniels vs. Munenori Sawa
5. Inoki Genome Super Legend Match: First Tiger Mask vs. Tatsumi Fujinami
7. Special Tag Team Match: Kendo Kashin & Tamon Honda vs. Bob Sapp & Bobby Lashley
9. Super Dream Match: Josh Barnett vs. Tim Sylvia

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

WAT.

Also the big CAMPSITE PRO WRESTLING match happened!!! Ishii & Yoshihiko won!!! Another hour long match. :)

I hope it comes out quick!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Oh my Bob Sapp and Bobby Lashley teaming up? I've got to see this.

I honestly don't know who to ask for in a match though Ditch.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Who is Mr. 6 the son of?

I have recently come up with an awesome match that needs to happen.

Mr. 6 vs. GEDO

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Ditch posted:

IGF "GENOME13", 09.25.2010 (Samurai! TV)
Tokyo JCB Hall

3. Chris Daniels vs. Munenori Sawa
5. Inoki Genome Super Legend Match: First Tiger Mask vs. Tatsumi Fujinami
7. Special Tag Team Match: Kendo Kashin & Tamon Honda vs. Bob Sapp & Bobby Lashley
9. Super Dream Match: Josh Barnett vs. Tim Sylvia

I cannot WAIT to see Tim Sylvia, pro wrestler.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

HulkaMatt posted:

Who is Mr. 6 the son of?
I like to think that he's a dumpster baby that has been raised in the DDT dojo.

Gordy
Sep 6, 2002
I always hate to see him do his asai moonsault, but the bullet tope in the animated gif's thread is adorable.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
No match-of-the-week this week so y'all can catch up!

ProFro
Jun 29, 2008
Holy gently caress September 19th is Takayama's birthday AND WE MISSED IT. FAIL!!

As penance, everyone who reads this thread should knee a random dude in the face tomorrow morning. Go on, do it.

I'm not gonna

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

ProFro posted:

Holy gently caress September 19th is Takayama's birthday AND WE MISSED IT. FAIL!!

As penance, everyone who reads this thread should knee a random dude in the face tomorrow morning. Go on, do it.

I'm not gonna

I'm gonna Everest German a couple of dudes today (the smaller ones). Either that, or I'm gonna track down Don Frye and have at it.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

ProFro posted:

NOAH gave him and Sano the tag titles as a birthday present!

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2010/09/23/puroresu-pulse-issue-180-puroresu-101/

THIS WEEK: Puro for beginners

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Hey Ditch, whatever happened to Alexander Otsuka? Did he retire? I used to see him everywhere then he just dropped off.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

I don't consider myself a beginner, necessarily, but those were still a very cool read.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
That whole 'wrestling geography' thing really took me back.

zrrgin posted:

Hey Ditch, whatever happened to Alexander Otsuka? Did he retire? I used to see him everywhere then he just dropped off.
He only does Battlarts and Real Japan (Sayama's fed). IIRC he demands a high price for other promoters or something.

skyliner
Sep 16, 2006

Nice article Ditch! :allears:

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
And here I felt lazy for relying on my old columns...

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Don't feel bad about it!

One question: do the Japanese think that guys like - let's say Zack Ryder or Jay Lethal - are better than any gaijin in Japan because they're in WWE or TNA respectively or do they see those as third-string talent, but not really scraping the bottom of the barrel talentwise?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Why would Japanese people give a poo poo about TNA?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Illinois Smith posted:

Why would Japanese people give a poo poo about TNA?

They don't, which is why the TNA vs NJPW Dome show did so poorly in 2008. Worse than the NJPW vs AJPW show the year before!

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
A guy can get more over with Japanese fans by looking good after a couple tours than if he was headlining, say, Smackdown for half a year. Scott Norton got more over in a couple tours when he was green as hell but he gave a poo poo, compared to Lesnar who bombed.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I love me some BattleArts and Real Japan. Too bad their stuff doesn't hit the streets frequently.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

How do the gaijins make any money doing japan? Travel to and around japan is expensive.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I imagine they travel more for the experience than the money.

On a recent interview Ricochet mentioned that he would have loved to go on the BJW tour but he couldn't afford it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

How do the gaijins make any money doing japan? Travel to and around japan is expensive.

Wrestlers don't pay to fly themselves to Japan. The company flies them in and then they have a bus to bring the wrestlers around while in country.

And historically you did indeed do Japan for the money because the money was awesome. Now the money is for most companies just better than what you'd be making on the US indies. (Or in many cases in TNA.)

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Big feds pay guys properly, just way less than they used to. So, it's a mix of the above two posts.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Ditch, any chance you can get the Josh Barnett/Tim Sylvia match from the IGF 9/25 show?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
It should turn up, it'll be on Samurai TV.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Ditch posted:

Kobashi vs Misawa, Triple Crown
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9FNCKVD6

The 'consensus' pick as their best match against each other, and a big step up from what they'd done to date. Great strategy from Kobashi, one of the more epic finishing runs ever, this is must-see.
Anyone get a chance to watch this bad boy? I'm sure some of you already have, but for those who don't, WATCH IT~

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I'm excited for this show! (Mostly the Jr. Tag)

quote:

NJPW "DESTRUCTION 2010", 11.10.2010 (WPW/PPV)
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

1. Manabu Nakanishi vs. Tama Tonga
2. Giant Bernard, Karl Anderson & Tiger Mask vs. Takashi Iizuka, Yujiro Takahashi & Tomohiro Ishii
3. Jushin Thunder Liger Return Match: Jushin Thunder Liger, Wataru Inoue & Tomoaki Honma vs. Masato Tanaka [ZERO1], Jado & Gedo
4. Special Singles Match: Toru Yano vs. TAJIRI [SMASH]
5. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Prince Devitt & Ryusuke Taguchi (c) vs. Kota Ibushi [DDT] & Kenny Omega
6. NJPW vs. NOAH Special Tag Match: Yuji Nagata & Koji Kanemoto vs. Go Shiozaki [NOAH] & Atsushi Aoki [NOAH]
7. Special Singles Match: Hirooki Goto vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
8. Special Singles Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tetsuya Naito
9. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Togi Makabe (c) vs. Satoshi Kojima

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

The NJPW / NOAH match could be a real show-stealer, Nagata and Kanemoto have been tremendous in that feud lately.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Ditch posted:

Anyone get a chance to watch this bad boy? I'm sure some of you already have, but for those who don't, WATCH IT~

I watched this once more not too long ago. I used to like their June '99 match more (not by much), but this has overtaken that.

The judo throw into an armbar still owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Pretty sweet line-up for NOAH's junior tag league.

BLOCK A
- KENTA & Atsushi Aoki
- Taiji Ishimori & Ricky Marvin
- Katsuhiko Nakajima Image & Satoshi Kajiwara Image
- Great Sasuke Image & Kenbai Image
- Roderick Strong & Eddie Edwards [ROH]

BLOCK B
- Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Genba Hirayanagi
- Yoshinari Ogawa & Kotaro Suzuki
- Dick Togo Image & Yasu Urano Image
- Atsushi Kotoge Image & Daisuke Harada Image
- Jack Evans Image & Extreme Tiger Image