Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Scarf posted:

Although if anyone wants to photoshop a Marsten-esque cowboy hat onto my avatar, I wouldn't be against it :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Scarf posted:

Although if anyone wants to photoshop a Marsten-esque cowboy hat onto my avatar, I wouldn't be against it :3:

Darth Brooks posted:

You know what you must do now, Scarf.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

blackguy32 posted:

HERBERT MOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

I'm an awful person

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

blackguy32 posted:

Grr, says file exceeds maximum size...

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

CzarChasm posted:

HERBERT MOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

I'm an awful person

You know. I never put 2 and 2 together that my University President looked like Herbert Moon.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Scarf posted:

How's this?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Scarf posted:

Whoops. Thanks for the fix CzarChasm.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
You guys are awesome :clint:

Thanks!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Darth Brooks posted:

Whoops. Thanks for the fix CzarChasm.

I didn't think, I just acted.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I was just doing some single player cougar-hunting tonight, feeling pretty good about all the cougars I was murdering. Then just when I figured I had killed them all, and my dead horse would almost be ready to spawn again if i whistled... a cougar came rushing up and pushed me off a cliff. Seriously, it didn't get me bad enough to kill, but my injured body slid about 2/3 of the way down this cliff until eventually i just hit a rock that did me in. I reloaded a save and went back to murder them all again but only 2 showed up. I felt really unsatisfied.

Edit: Also jsut watched the trailer for the new DLC. I didn't think 7 hideouts and 4 hunting grounds would be worth $10 because I don't care about online poker and the new team game mode, but that shot near the end of someone blowing up a cougar with the explosive rifle? Yeah I'll get :10bux: out of this.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Scarf posted:

You guys are awesome :clint:

Thanks!

Great, now I feel bad about shooting cougars. Almost like it would be tragic in some vague way.

Anyway, got 100% in the game. Aced Sharpshooter, then found I had two bounties left in Nuevo Paradiso. Two bounties later, in Chuparosa, I got the achievement and the Bureau outfit.

Which I then used to lay waste to every single loving person in Armadillo. Three shopkeepers dead, multiple people, and then I laid waste to Twin Rocks just to be an rear end. Oh HELL yeah.

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

Just bought the liars and cheatslegends and killers addon, after playing co-op with davebo. Hope it was worth it, but it was cheap enough.

Also, here's the weirdest glitch I've found. Horse people. It's not like the flying people one. It's a lot stranger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IrYfrOiCrY

Sir Spaniard fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Sep 17, 2010

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Sir Spaniard posted:

Just bought the liars and cheats addon, after playing co-op with davebo. Hope it was worth it, but it was cheap enough.

Also, here's the weirdest glitch I've found. Horse people. It's not like the flying people one. It's a lot stranger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IrYfrOiCrY

There is a spoiler in this link, so if you havent beaten the game then dont click on it. But the cat is probably out of the bag by now.

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

There is? If so, my bad.

Also, I meant to say the legends and killers pack.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Sir Spaniard posted:

There is? If so, my bad.

Also, I meant to say the legends and killers pack.

The character Jack Marston is the spoiler

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
Ah poo poo, I'm gonna have to start a new game and use nothing but the explosive rifle. Gonna paint that wagon entire desert red :gibs:

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

I didn't even look at that. :(

Anyone got it on PS3 and is up for a game, my PSN is spaniardthe12th.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

blackguy32 posted:

You know. I never put 2 and 2 together that my University President looked like Herbert Moon.

I had always wondered who that was in your avatar, :ms:

I really can't wait to get some Liar's Dice games going next week.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Where the everloving gently caress do I find the "California" Stranger's task. I'm at 98% aaaargh

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Brightman posted:

I had always wondered who that was in your avatar, :ms:

I really can't wait to get some Liar's Dice games going next week.

How exactly is this going to work? Will I be able to grief people by waiting until they are just about to run the table at Poker and then shoot them in the face? Will the accumulation of money be good for anything in multiplayer? Will it translate to experience points?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
That reminds me... I had a bad-beat playing poker in Thieves Landing last night. So I shot up every single mother fucker in the entire bar.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Scarf posted:

That reminds me... I had a bad-beat playing poker in Thieves Landing last night. So I shot up every single mother fucker in the entire bar.

That's how I finish every card game. I cash out, stand up, and Deadeye every single player in the chest.

Finishing off the stunned bartender and startled whores is optional*

*Mandatory

BiscuitErsedRenton
May 28, 2006

Depression, boredom... You feel so fucking low, you want to fucking top yourself.
Sorry if this has been covered, this is a big thread. In the DLC packs, does the content make the single player\multi player a little more seamless? Do the random NPC occurrences (hanging woman, stolen wagon, etc) happen in the co-op mode?

I was disappointed that none of this was in the vanilla MP. I just want to ride with friends and sandbox like in the single player.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Slantedfloors posted:

That's how I finish every card game. I cash out, stand up, and Deadeye every single player in the chest.

Finishing off the stunned bartender and startled whores is optional*

*Mandatory

No no no...it's shotgun blasts to the face. A lot more fun.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

BiscuitErsedRenton posted:

Sorry if this has been covered, this is a big thread. In the DLC packs, does the content make the single player\multi player a little more seamless? Do the random NPC occurrences (hanging woman, stolen wagon, etc) happen in the co-op mode?

I was disappointed that none of this was in the vanilla MP. I just want to ride with friends and sandbox like in the single player.

Man I sure wish that were the case. I really want to putz around in single player... just with more other human beings.

Thanks for posting that video spaniard, I hadn't seen that. I love how the horse's right front hoof extends outward as if he's showing the horse he's riding where he wants to go.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Jesus christ it's like Goofy riding Pluto. :psyduck:

BiscuitErsedRenton
May 28, 2006

Depression, boredom... You feel so fucking low, you want to fucking top yourself.

davebo posted:

Man I sure wish that were the case. I really want to putz around in single player... just with more other human beings.

Welp, if the current DLC doesn't support this, I guess I won't be picking it up. Maybe a future DLC will. :ohdear:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

BiscuitErsedRenton posted:

Welp, if the current DLC doesn't support this, I guess I won't be picking it up. Maybe a future DLC will. :ohdear:

Yeah, multiplayer in Red Dead was a massive letdown - the trailers made it out to be semi-MMOish where you could gently caress around in the regular sandbox world, minus the normal missions. I was looking forward to starting bar brawls and getting in gunfights after bankjobs, but alas. It's glorified deathmatch. :argh:

A BALLIN LUNCH!!
Mar 13, 2007

I haven't touched this in a few months and now my question is: what's the fastest way to obtain all the weapons? I just did the race mission for the guy who cons people and I'm not in mexico yet.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

A BALLIN LUNCH!! posted:

I haven't touched this in a few months and now my question is: what's the fastest way to obtain all the weapons? I just did the race mission for the guy who cons people and I'm not in mexico yet.

There are a few weapons cheats and that will get you everything that isn't DLC, but otherwise you can't get all weapons legitimately until you reach the third act.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Hungryjack posted:

How exactly is this going to work? Will I be able to grief people by waiting until they are just about to run the table at Poker and then shoot them in the face? Will the accumulation of money be good for anything in multiplayer? Will it translate to experience points?

If I had to guess I would say it'll work like gang matches and such and the people playing the games won't be visible to the people still in free-roam, or they'll just be invulnerable. And yeah, I bet the winner gets xp, that makes sense anyway.

A BALLIN LUNCH!!
Mar 13, 2007

CzarChasm posted:

There are a few weapons cheats and that will get you everything that isn't DLC, but otherwise you can't get all weapons legitimately until you reach the third act.

Ok fair enough, so what's the fastest way to get there story wise? Which guy gives you the important story missions that advance the game?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

A BALLIN LUNCH!! posted:

Ok fair enough, so what's the fastest way to get there story wise? Which guy gives you the important story missions that advance the game?

You get to the third act by doing all the missions in mexico. You have to do all the missions for everybody, this isn't really like GTA where only some people advance the story. There's not much in the way of shortcuts for the story, but you can do the missions in any order.

A Quiet American
Nov 5, 2008

Angry Diplomat posted:

Where the everloving gently caress do I find the "California" Stranger's task. I'm at 98% aaaargh
I posted a youtube link earlier that shows the map location within the first fifteen seconds or so of the video. Just sort the thread by my posts and it should pop up somewhere.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I still wish there were trains in MP.

I think they cut out the random events because if they were generating for everyone at all times in a freeroam it would cause a lot of lag. Also a lot of the random events rely on being able to lasso/cut someone free, so those are all out.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Well R* is already teasing us about Liars and Cheats. If you go into freeroam right now, after getting today's mandatory download, it marks all the new hunting grounds, hideouts, and gambling sites. If you go near them it tells you to go download the DLC to use them. I thought maybe they said gently caress it and released the DLC early. Nope. So now for four days those icons will be taunting us.

The good news is it looks like anyone can do the new hunting grounds or hideouts, they just can't TRIGGER them. As long as you have someone in your posse with the DLC the whole posse can do the hideout. Poker and Dice are strictly DLC though.

GenoCanSing fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Sep 17, 2010

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I know this was mentioned a page or so back, but the idea of playing as animals MIGHT be done kinda cool.

I can't remember the variant name, but basically one person would be a cougar, and it would be them (and higher health/speed) against the regular hunter/humans. Maybe lob in a bear with quick charge or stealth walking.

I dunno how the gently caress you would pop this in a game set in the old west, but I think it could be pretty fun. Either as a massacre (more than one cougar or the usual train o bears), or as a tense hunting kind of game.

Hogarth Hughes
Apr 16, 2006

"As for me, people will be pleased to escape from me in one piece."

:black101:

Scarf posted:

God drat, that's amazing.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Now we know why the cougars keep attacking Marston. They just want his hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
To be fair, it's a pretty great hat.

• Locked thread