Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

train o bears

I'd like to see a train full of bears in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Id like to see Herbert Moooooooonnnnn Vs. an army of cougars.

A Quiet American
Nov 5, 2008

blackguy32 posted:

The obvious solution is to hogtie him and bring him to Tanner's Reach. We know he's man enough to gun down every law enforcement officer in the state of Texas, but can he handle a relentless onslaught of cougars?

edit: Loving the cougar cowboy hat.

A Quiet American fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Sep 18, 2010

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

God I hate cougars so much. I found some wolves by chance (trying to get the 'kill 5 wolves with a knife challenge). I get off my horse, pull out my knife, and start toward them, as they attack, occasionally. I manage to get 2 of the 5 or 6 down. 3rd one comes at me, and then I hear the growl. And I know it's too late. I'm on the ground.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

blackguy32 posted:

You appear to have misspelled "El Presidio".

Now I have to do that. Herbert Moon is going to pull a reverse Alamo.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Angry Diplomat posted:

You appear to have misspelled "El Presidio".

Now I have to do that. Herbert Moon is going to pull a reverse Alamo.

Herbert Mooooon: Saint of All Illers.

Those hideouts are teasing me. I got seven levels before I max out. I want to ride my bull, dammit.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Is anyone else hoping with the new multiplayer skins, there is a HERBERT MOOOOOON, and then you hit the greeting button he yells out I'M HERBERT MOOOOOOOON!!!!!

Cause.. drat I am hoping.

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

I was just about to post the same thing. :(

That, or him in a gang hideout as some sort of 'boss'.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Great minds think alike.

Just imagine, with one DLC pack we can all become a giant clone factory of Herbert MOOOOOOOOOON, riding rampant over the old west and destroying gang hideouts and hunting grounds.

It would be GLORIOUS!!!!!!

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Great minds think alike.

Just imagine, with one DLC pack we can all become a giant clone factory of Herbert MOOOOOOOOOON, riding rampant over the old west and destroying gang hideouts and hunting grounds.

It would be GLORIOUS!!!!!!
If we could form a team of 8 herbert goons... well then I'd actually play the competitive team game modes for the first time ever.

Sco Dylan
Feb 27, 2003

Help me help you
I hogtied Herbert Moon, paid off a witness, then set off for Blackwater to see how well he'd fare against the high power pistol wielding cops there.

As soon as I got a little bit out of Armadillo, he disappeared off my horse. I guess they don't let you take shopkeepers out of the area :(

edit: Nevermind, got him in Blackwater.

I went back to his store and he was sitting behind the counter, all smug. Bastard thought he beat me. Hogtied him again and got out of there, this time with a wanted level, so the only variable was that I stayed Wanted until about Hennigan's Stead.

Unfortunately, once I got him to Blackwater and cut him loose, he never pulled a gun. I kicked the poo poo out of him in the middle of the street for ten minutes and pointed a pump action at his face, and he just kept trying to hobble away. I eventually threw a knife at his calf muscle, which somehow killed him and got a swarm of cops to shoot me dead really, really fast.

Sco Dylan fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Sep 18, 2010

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

davebo posted:

If we could form a team of 8 herbert goons... well then I'd actually play the competitive team game modes for the first time ever.

Team Herbert GOOOOOOOOOOON

A Quiet American
Nov 5, 2008

Is anyone else hoping with the new multiplayer skins, there is a HERBERT MOOOOOON, and then you hit the greeting button he yells out I'M HERBERT MOOOOOOOON!!!!!

Cause.. drat I am hoping.
I imagine that all other game sounds would be inaudible as a posse of goons does nothing but mash the greeting button and occasionally fire at cougars. It would be this thread personified, and I would probably pay for the DLC.

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

Is Rio Bravo crawling with cougars or was I just really unlucky? I lost 2 horses there in 5 minutes trying to pick red sage. Killed 2, but had to run when they started teaming up to come after me.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Sco Dylan posted:

Unfortunately, once I got him to Blackwater and cut him loose, he never pulled a gun.

I think hogtying someone disarms them, and effectively sets their AI to "run the gently caress away holy poo poo" once you cut them free.

Now, Herbert's AI might have compelled him to run over and grab a gun if one was lying nearby. I'll have to try hogtying them, then beating him up next to a dead lawman or bandit to see if he'll grab the gun.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
If they made a Herbert Moon MP skin, would his alternate greetings be him badmouthing the JEWS?

Also, a competitive style hunting game that's basically like Holy Wars for Quake would be awesome, except instead of getting a Halo, the target is a big loving cougar, or that jaguar or something. The hunters all have limited ammo, no DeadEye, and forced Expert Aiming, and they have to take you down before you take all of them down. last man (or cougar) standing gets to be the cougar next round. The only way to get points is to either bag the cougar or kill hunters as the cougar.

I would play the poo poo out of this.

Then again, I'd also play the poo poo out of a game mode that was just a glorified cowboy version of fox hunting, where you and your posse get to chase down a lone fox and whoever kills it wins.

Also they need an expansion that lets you get drunk at Saloons in MP, so an entire posse can get shitfaced drunk and then stumble all over each other for 10 minutes before having a drunken shootout with retarded aiming in the street.

A Quiet American
Nov 5, 2008
I would pay for 75% of your ideas for DLC, Fuzz. Maybe it's time to email Rockstar.

Sir Spaniard posted:

Is Rio Bravo crawling with cougars or was I just really unlucky? I lost 2 horses there in 5 minutes trying to pick red sage. Killed 2, but had to run when they started teaming up to come after me.
The cougars are everywhere. If they aren't attacking you at that particular moment, it's because they don't feel like it or you're not trying to complete a mission/challenge.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Cougars usually travel in 2-3, so if you kill one don't skin it but ride around the area a little bit till you get the others.

Same with bears and wolves except wolves travel in close packs of 8-12 and bears are attracted from all over by a bear being killed

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

A Quiet American posted:

The cougars are everywhere. If they aren't attacking you at that particular moment, it's because they don't feel like it or you're not trying to complete a mission/challenge.

I know they're everywhere, it just seemed like I had a whole extended family of them in Rio Bravo. They'd kill my horse/knock me down, then when I managed to get a shot off, they'd already be scampering for the bushes, only to have another one charge at me from some other direction. And they were making their snarl/growl noise AFTER they hit me, the bastards.

Sco Dylan
Feb 27, 2003

Help me help you
I'm shocked there are still no gang hideouts in West Elizabeth. Maybe in the Undead pack?

Otherwise, maybe they didn't wanna make Dutch's Gang into bad guys in Free Roam? I dunno...

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Sco Dylan posted:

I'm shocked there are still no gang hideouts in West Elizabeth. Maybe in the Undead pack?

Otherwise, maybe they didn't wanna make Dutch's Gang into bad guys in Free Roam? I dunno...

That doesn't really make sense since you can use all of the Bollard Twins, Bandito, Treasure Hunter, Cattle Rustler, and Walton Gang skins, but they're all enemies in hideouts, too.

A Quiet American posted:

I would pay for 75% of your ideas for DLC, Fuzz. Maybe it's time to email Rockstar.

I'm guessing the 25% you wouldn't pay for is the fox hunting thing. Yeah, I wouldn't pay money just for that, either. If it was just an add-on for a much bigger pack with all the other poo poo or like 3 new gang hideouts or something, that could be cool.

Sco Dylan
Feb 27, 2003

Help me help you

Fuzz posted:

That doesn't really make sense since you can use all of the Bollard Twins, Bandito, Treasure Hunter, Cattle Rustler, and Walton Gang skins, but they're all enemies in hideouts, too.

Yeah, but usually depends on region and WE would be Dutch's Gang. They still could have easily did treasure hunters in Cochinay or something.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Sco Dylan posted:

Yeah, but usually depends on region and WE would be Dutch's Gang. They still could have easily did treasure hunters in Cochinay or something.

Yeah, there's no hideout for Cochinay in singleplayer, either, which I thought was a little odd. I'm still waiting for them to use that Ferry again in MP for something, that area was cool and is just asking to be part of a coop mission or something.

Yeah, that's another thing, I wish the coop missions weren't just some menu option you launch and your posse magically teleports to... it would have been cooler if you could ride up on, say, Ridgewood Farm, and there would be a little signpost there to start the coop mission. Would make it a lot easier to start impromptu coops with pubs, and it would maintain THE IMMERSION of freeroam. I understand they didn't want random other free-roamers coming in and loving up the missions, and that's fine... keep it so it launches an instanced world where other people can't interfere and won't see what you're doing, but still, have it be something better than some stupid menu option, or at least give us the option of the signpost. I know it's a minor complaint, but sometimes you're just riding around as a posse and loving around, and you don't think to open that menu and play a coop. If your guys happened to stumble on the sign, it'd be more likely for them to get played.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I enraged Herbert Moon tonight and it was kinda sad. He chased me to the train tracks and stumbled while the sheriffs were shooting him and he somehow got crippled and started crawling toward me and shouting while they shot him over and over again until he died. It was slow, painful, sad, and just felt wrong.

I then robbed the bank and proceeded to Tomahawk everyone I came across on my way to Blackwater.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

The gang locations are baffling me to me as well. I guess I could understand the Cochinay location since it's bound to be littered with bears and cougars and that would be a bitch and a half, but Mexico maybe got two more while New Austin has another FIVE more. I like the place too, but come on.

They could have slapped three more in the south and east of Nuevo Paradiso and it would be even more awesome. Seriously, what's the point of Torquemada and all those little cities south of El Presidio? You can just avoid Mexico altogether.

I don't mean to bitch, but it just seems odd to me. Maybe in the Undead DLC. They have to use Sepulcro for something, right?

IXCE
Nov 27, 2007

It's time to take naps and eat yum yum...and I'm all outta yum.
I avoided this thread for the longest time and I'm glad I did because it seems like a lot of people had the ending ruined for them. I finally got to play RDR and finished it a few days ago. I loved the game and just now started trying out the online stuff. If anybody wants to add me on PSN: IXCE

I was a little sad that I never came across any funny glitches.

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:
They better do something with Cochinay and Torquemada at some point. It's criminal that all these little homesteads in New Austin become gang hideouts while those two locations remain empty.

You know what would be awesome? If in Undead Nightmare, there was an onslaught mode where you had to hold up in Cochinay, Torquemada or El Presidio. The thought of the living dead filling a courtyard or getting mowed down by a Gatling gun is appealing. The only downside for me is that if a game involves zombies and co-op, it always attracts the players that take things way too seriously.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I don't mean to bitch, but it just seems odd to me. Maybe in the Undead DLC. They have to use Sepulcro for something, right?

Huddling together with your posse in Barranca while fighting off the undead hordes would be loving awesome.

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

I have a 6 point plan to stop the boats.....or turn them around or something....No wait what were those points again....Are there really 6?

IXCE posted:

I avoided this thread for the longest time and I'm glad I did because it seems like a lot of people had the ending ruined for them. I finally got to play RDR and finished it a few days ago. I loved the game and just now started trying out the online stuff. If anybody wants to add me on PSN: IXCE

I was a little sad that I never came across any funny glitches.

Yeah I did the same thing and avoided having that ending spoiled... What a good game this was.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Fuzz posted:

Huddling together with your posse in Barranca while fighting off the undead hordes would be loving awesome.

That it would. Having a blast in Casa Maderwhatever with the Gatling gun on the roof wouldn't be too shabby either.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows
Anyone up for getting some multiplayer trophies? Will probably be logging several hours today, off and on. Hoping on right now (1PM Pacific).

I don't have a (working) mic right now, but I'm a good listener :3:

PSN ID: TheBlindNinja

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Talking of moons, why isn't the sun and moon out at the same time?

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Alright, what the gently caress...

According to this, these are the 15 new multiplayer characters in the new DLC:

* Abraham Reyes
* Agustin Allende
* Bill Williamson
* Bonnie MacFarlane
* Dutch Van Der Linde
* Edgar Ross
* Harold MacDougal
* Irish
* Javier Escuella
* John Marston
* Leigh Johnson
* Luisa Fortuna
* Nigel West Dickens
* Seth Briars
* Vincente de Santa

No Landon Ricketts. What the gently caress. Outside of Marston, Johnson, and MAYBE Dutch and Ross, how the gently caress are any of those other characters better choices than Ricketts?! Are people really sitting around fondling $10 bills waiting to play as Luisa? Or Allende!?

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

GenoCanSing posted:

* Abraham Reyes
* Agustin Allende
* Bill Williamson
* Bonnie MacFarlane
* Dutch Van Der Linde
* Edgar Ross
* Harold MacDougal
* Irish
* Javier Escuella
* John Marston
* Leigh Johnson
* Luisa Fortuna
* Nigel West Dickens
* Seth Briars
* Vincente de Santa

No Landon Ricketts. What the gently caress. Outside of Marston, Johnson, and MAYBE Dutch and Ross, how the gently caress are any of those other characters better choices than Ricketts?! Are people really sitting around fondling $10 bills waiting to play as Luisa? Or Allende!?

No Herbert Moon, no purchase. :mad:

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Screw you, I'm playing as Irish and I'm playing drunk if possible.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Well, when I'm in a bad mood I'm going to switch to Ross and go around griefing the poo poo out of every Marston I find.

A Quiet American
Nov 5, 2008
Rockstar isn't stupid. There will be separate Landon Ricketts and Herbert Moon packs, which will go for $10 a piece. The only thing they'll add is the ability to use a Ricketts/Moon skin and some custom greetings. Everyone will buy them. Everyone.

edit: I spel gud

A Quiet American fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Sep 20, 2010

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

Speaking of Luisa, I think my game glitched or something and I missed a mission - does she die? Some of the later dialogue implies that she does, but she certainly never in mine.

Arthur D Wolfe
Sep 26, 2007

"Holy shit you are a
loathsome jerk, Arthur.
"

Sputnik posted:

Speaking of Luisa, I think my game glitched or something and I missed a mission - does she die? Some of the later dialogue implies that she does, but she certainly never in mine.

In the Mexican open rebellion mission. She is the woman that runs in with a knife and is gunned down by the soldiers.

This cutscene is apparently one of the most bugged in the game; it has been reported by several people (including in this thread, I believe) that it simply does not play some of the time. If that is what happened on your end, I can understand your confusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

GenoCanSing posted:

* Abraham Reyes
* Agustin Allende
* Bill Williamson
* Bonnie MacFarlane
* Dutch Van Der Linde
* Edgar Ross
* Harold MacDougal
* Irish
* Javier Escuella
* John Marston
* Leigh Johnson
* Luisa Fortuna
* Nigel West Dickens
* Seth Briars
* Vincente de Santa

I think they could dump Escuella. Seriously, you see him in maybe two missions but otherwise he's just an off-screen character who doesn't factor into much. Ricketts has more of a role and he's a secondary character.

• Locked thread