Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

A Quiet American posted:

Rockstar isn't stupid. There will be separate Landon Ricketts and Herbert Moon packs, which will go for $10 a piece. The only think they'll add is the ability to use a Ricketts/Moon skin and some custom greetings. Everyone will buy them. Everyone.

The way I see it, you need someone to put down zombies in multiplayer. John Marston's good, but Landon Ricketts is the fuckin' zombie killing MAN. I could see packing him as a multiplayer skin with the zombie pack. Herbert Moon too, since in his world the only thing worse than a Jew would be a zombie Jew. well, not Jesus, but you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Pssh, Seth digs up bodies for a living. He knows the ins and outs of dead bodies and would clearly be the best zombie hunter :colbert:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
See, now I am sad, because I wanted to be HERBERT MOOOOOON so bad I was willing to pay :10bux: to play a multiplayer I never play.

Now, I am actually going to have to think about picking this up, cause the only fun thing added seems to be the explosive rifle and I don't think that works in single player.

:argh: drat you rockstar! Herbert MOOOOOOON is tired of your poo poo!

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Cbouncerrun posted:

Pssh, Seth digs up bodies for a living. He knows the ins and outs of dead bodies and would clearly be the best zombie hunter :colbert:

I don't know what ol' Seth would do if dead bodies started eating his brains.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Darth Brooks posted:

Screw you, I'm playing as Irish and I'm playing drunk if possible.

I don't think I'll be playing anyone else but Nigel West Dickens.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Escuela doesn't even look that much different from the regular Banditos.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Howard Beale posted:

I don't think I'll be playing anyone else but Nigel West Dickens.

Normally I'd complain about how Nigel West Dickens wouldn't really be the sort of person to do all the stuff people do in multiplayer, then I remembered seeing him mow down hordes of pubbies, blowing up buffalo, and knife-fighting bears would be amazing.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Daeren posted:

Normally I'd complain about how Nigel West Dickens wouldn't really be the sort of person to do all the stuff people do in multiplayer, then I remembered seeing him mow down hordes of pubbies, blowing up buffalo, and knife-fighting bears would be amazing.

He wouldn't do it normally.

But if it meant selling some of his snake oil, he would armwrestle a cougar. So it just adds to his character.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Now, I am actually going to have to think about picking this up, cause the only fun thing added seems to be the explosive rifle and I don't think that works in single player.
Wait why wouldn't it work in single player? Doesn't the tomahawk work? I thought someone mentioned some herbert moon tale that ended with a tomahawking, so I assumed it did.

Edit:vv Not necessarily, I'll bet it just takes forever to reload or something. It'll probably be like a one-shot kill sniper rifle but with closer range. I wonder if they're going to bother integrating it into the single player in such a way you'd need to earn it, or just let anyone willing to fork over $10 have it regardless of where they are in the story. People who pay $10 probably want to use what they bought right away and Rockstar wouldn't want people having hissy fits over it. And if it is overpowered then it'd just be like paying for a gameshark back in the day.

davebo fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Sep 20, 2010

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah the tomahawk works in single player, I don't see any reason why the explosive rifle wouldn't. You'd have to get it near the end of the game though, it looks absurdly powerful. Not that RDR is very hard in the first place.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

I am not sure if I want endless waves of pubbies chasing me with rocket launchers for no reason.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Minorkos posted:

I am not sure if I want endless waves of pubbies chasing me with rocket launchers for no reason.

On the other hands, the explosive rifle would work wonderfully against zombies...

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

BlindNinja posted:

Anyone up for getting some multiplayer trophies? Will probably be logging several hours today, off and on. Hoping on right now (1PM Pacific).

I don't have a (working) mic right now, but I'm a good listener :3:

PSN ID: TheBlindNinja

Added you to my list. Basically the same username on there as here.

A Quiet American
Nov 5, 2008
It only now occurs to me that everyone with Irish in their gamertag will be playing as Irish. It's going to be a shameful day to be on XBL, let me tell you.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

A Quiet American posted:

It only now occurs to me that everyone with Irish in their gamertag will be playing as Irish. It's going to be a shameful day to be on XBL, let me tell you.

November is going to have multiplayer being packed with nothing but John Marston and Irish wannabes running around while a countermovement of Rosses snipe them from long distances while screaming 'work ya drat nag.'

Good thing I'll be down with the Harlows and Pig Joshes, trying to get those silly skin-based achievements.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
So I hear PSN is going to be on an off tomorrow for maintenance and they're doing the store update tonight instead, so I assume the Liars DLC will be in there? They announced all the trophies and I can't imagine I'll get a single one since I have no intention of playing poker, liar's dice or stronghold, unless enough psn goons are around for a decent match. Spaniard and I tried to do a gang match for the first time ever, and after sitting in the lobby for a while it eventually just made us fight each other. It was quite sad.

Just gimme that explodey rifle and enough cougars in one place at the same time to see how much blast damage it incurs.

A Quiet American
Nov 5, 2008

davebo posted:

So I hear PSN is going to be on an off tomorrow for maintenance and they're doing the store update tonight instead, so I assume the Liars DLC will be in there? They announced all the trophies and I can't imagine I'll get a single one since I have no intention of playing poker, liar's dice or stronghold, unless enough psn goons are around for a decent match. Spaniard and I tried to do a gang match for the first time ever, and after sitting in the lobby for a while it eventually just made us fight each other. It was quite sad.

Just gimme that explodey rifle and enough cougars in one place at the same time to see how much blast damage it incurs.
The last time I played a gang match or FFA was in June, and you'd often have a hard time finding a game going. People seem mainly interested in riding around in free roam and shooting people in the head while they're trying to gather herbs/grind hideouts.

If there's an option to draw your weapon at anytime during dice or poker you can expect that not one single game will ever be finished. Hell, probably not a single hand.

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

I've not even really seen that many people in free roam, outside of when davebo/others from this thread have been in the same game (happened once, and I kept dropping anyway :( )

The most I've seen outside of that was 3 people, for about 5 minutes.

The Co-op is definitely the best part of multiplayer, but there's not enough even in there at the moment. 5 areas is far too few.

A Quiet American
Nov 5, 2008

Sir Spaniard posted:

I've not even really seen that many people in free roam, outside of when davebo/others from this thread have been in the same game (happened once, and I kept dropping anyway :( )

The Co-op is definitely the best part of multiplayer, but there's not enough even in there at the moment. 5 areas is far too few.
It definitely depends on the time of day. I got the public enemy achievement by camping on the rooftops in Blackwater when there were one or two other people on, and they usually left trying to find a more populated game. In the early to late (but not late late) evenings it's usually pretty busy, especially on Fridays and Saturdays.

This is on XBL. I can't speak to how many people are on PSN. It's way more fun to hit some guy in the head with your carcano crouching in some bushes and hear "gently caress! Where IS that guy?"

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Had a nice impromptu game of Stronghold going in Chuparosa yesterday. Half of the free-roam crowd posse'd up within the town, and the other half outside trying to come in.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Sir Spaniard posted:

A lot of times when it sticks me in free roam there'll be one or two other people there. Then I tell it to switch free roam servers and it'll stick me right in the middle of an 8 person free for all in blackwater. It's just luck of the draw. There's always going to be some populated servers, it's just a matter of cycling through a bunch until you find them. Also I want more co-op too.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

Sir Spaniard posted:

Added you to my list. Basically the same username on there as here.

Was wondering who that was. I'll add you when I get home.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Going over the patch notes, I saw this;

# If equipped with the bandana, sliding doors would temporarily attach to the player’s head.

I..What. I can't picture how that could happen.

Coagulated
Jul 19, 2010

by Fistgrrl

Coagulated fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Nov 29, 2010

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
RDR really has the best glitches I've ever seen

bitey
Jul 13, 2003

Tell the truth and run.

A Quiet American posted:

I got the public enemy achievement by camping on the rooftops in Blackwater when there were one or two other people on, and they usually left trying to find a more populated game.

I got the achievement the same way, but I kept getting griefed by players throwing dynamite on the roof. Even my headset-shouted pleas of "Don't tase me, bro!" wouldn't deter them.

Once you get the achievement, the next one is to become public enemy ten times. After that, you need to get it 50 times.

Try getting on the walled roof of the building in Rathskeller Fork. You're against a mountain range, so you can't be attacked from behind. There are not many NPCs in the area, but shooting a dog or a pig (there's a pen by the entrance) will get the ball rolling.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
oh god... it's like a tool video.

IXCE
Nov 27, 2007

It's time to take naps and eat yum yum...and I'm all outta yum.
Ugh those drat cougars. Now that I just need to do the hunting challenges I can't spot a single cougar to knife. It's been about 3 hours and only seen one. I was about to run up and try to slash it and out of nowhere a NPC on a horse shows up and kills it before I can stab it.

BiscuitErsedRenton
May 28, 2006

Depression, boredom... You feel so fucking low, you want to fucking top yourself.

IXCE posted:

Ugh those drat cougars. Now that I just need to do the hunting challenges I can't spot a single cougar to knife. It's been about 3 hours and only seen one. I was about to run up and try to slash it and out of nowhere a NPC on a horse shows up and kills it before I can stab it.

Are you using Bait in cougar areas?

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

I would be absolutely losing it, like this guy was in the video, if the pack of man/fish/alien/wolves started nibbling on my jacket.

Speaking of losing it, I just started the multiplayer in this game, and was laughing like a madman while playing all weekend. I have no idea why.

IXCE
Nov 27, 2007

BiscuitErsedRenton posted:

Are you using Bait in cougar areas?

Yeah and it seems that only coyotes show up.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't know about anyone else, but unless I was hunting for coyotes/wolves, I found bait to be pretty useless. Maybe I just didn't wait long enough?

IXCE
Nov 27, 2007

Maybe I killed all the cougars that were left. The whole game I was attacked by cougars just about everywhere I went and now I can't find a single one.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Cbouncerrun posted:

I don't know about anyone else, but unless I was hunting for coyotes/wolves, I found bait to be pretty useless. Maybe I just didn't wait long enough?

For me it always seemed to bring out a ton of whatever types of creatures were already clearly visible in that area. If I was looking for skunks in a place I had seen skunks before, but all that were around were a deer and a badger, and I put down bait, stepped away and waited, then I'd be blessed with about 7 deer and 5 badgers. Huzzah!

Problem is, if you want a bunch of cougars, and you manage to find one, then you sure as hell can't get off your horse and lay some bait until after you already kill the cougar and the revenge cougar (I love that phrase btw) that's waiting for you to kill the first one. At which point there will no longer be any cougars around and your bait will just attract 20 copies of the coyote you ignored.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Cougars always show up in Rio Bravo when it's dusk. Hit the bait then and you'll be swimming in them. Or just to the east of Rathskeller Fork: get off your horse, explore the mountains, and you'll be swarming with them at any time of day.

That werewolf video makes me wonder if this trend of animal humans isn't a trend as it's something related to the Undead Nightmare pack glitching somehow.

EDIT: I know I've been down on cougars for the last twenty pages or so, but let's keep in mind that all cougars at birth are innocent and cute:

And that you shouldn't use the explosive rifle on them because they are living creatures and deserve love.

And...OH MY GOD--

Never mind. Kill them all. They have no reason to live. And light them on fire as well, just to make them know you mean business.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Sep 21, 2010

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
<:mad:>

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jtd2f2lLtA&feature=related

I'll leave this right here.

The stupid thing is that he actively walked off. (Time to go try that rooftop in Armadillo for that 'wanted' achievement thing.)
vvvv

Sir Spaniard fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Sep 21, 2010

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Sir Spaniard posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jtd2f2lLtA&feature=related

I'll leave this right here.

The guy who fell off the rock is the worst person I've ever seen at video games, and should just loving quit. It's not that hard to jump for fucks sake.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

TheJoker138 posted:

The guy who fell off the rock is the worst person I've ever seen at video games, and should just loving quit. It's not that hard to jump for fucks sake.
It's probably a lot harder than normal when there are 8 cougars just rubbing up against you and you're making GBS threads your pants, and drunk. Kind of ineffectual cougars for the most part though.

Edit: I'm sitting here refreshing the playstation blog waiting for the store update tonight. want that explodey rifle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

Where does it mention that the update will include that? I hope it does, but I can't see it there. :(

Edit: Nevermind, went to the red dead wikia page. Definitely today. :)

Davebo, you up for a game when it's up?

Sir Spaniard fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Sep 21, 2010

• Locked thread