Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Got RDR today. :toot: Playing through the single player right now, we'll have to play some games on PSN, goons. My PSN is Kyleh614

I just did the horse race against Bonnie McFarlane and she glitched her stupid rear end right into a tree and got trapped and I won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

I said come in! posted:

Got RDR today. :toot: Playing through the single player right now, we'll have to play some games on PSN, goons. My PSN is Kyleh614

I just did the horse race against Bonnie McFarlane and she glitched her stupid rear end right into a tree and got trapped and I won.

Heh, I am finally nearing 100 percent completion. I usually don't do that for games I own, but this game seems to be calling out to me to do it.

Also a hint. Use expert targeting in single player. I think it makes the game much better to play instead of aiming like some sort of auto aiming maniac. I find myself using Dead eye alot more often this way instead of rarely using it on normal targeting.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

blackguy32 posted:

Also a hint. Use expert targeting in single player. I think it makes the game much better to play instead of aiming like some sort of auto aiming maniac. I find myself using Dead eye alot more often this way instead of rarely using it on normal targeting.

Agreed. Also you might get at least one trophy. :)

About the aiming-system, what do most people use on multiplayer? I switched it to expert, because I think it's more fun, but I don't like getting "owned" by pubbies only because they have casual or normal targeting (not that that's always the reason). I guess I could switch to Hardcore Free Roam, but then who knows how good everyone there is.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I haven't played hardcore matches since a couple weeks after release but I remember it coming down to a lot of doorway camping and edge of the map sniping.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
Just gotta say, the liar's dice and poker has actually revived this game for me. I've enjoyed the gently caress out of it so far and had some horrible mornings at work because I stayed up waaaaay too late. It's been hilarious.

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Me and dan are having a Liars Dice party on the ps3. Join now or be gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:
Is there some trick to racing I'm just not grasping? Everyone seems to be much, MUCH faster than me.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Eggplant Ronin posted:

Is there some trick to racing I'm just not grasping? Everyone seems to be much, MUCH faster than me.

Felt that way for me too.

When the race starts, for the first three seconds jam that giddyup button like a motherfucker, then carefully time it to keep endurance above half.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Eggplant Ronin posted:

Apples and horse pills. Have enough of each and you can pretty much cheat races entirely.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Daeren posted:

Apples and horse pills. Have enough of each and you can pretty much cheat races entirely.

He means the online races. No power ups there.

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:
I'm talking specifically about the multiplayer racing...or are pills and apples available and I'm just not seeing them?

EDIT: Guess not!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Having to play on a SDTV until later tonight (curse sharing with other members of the house hold) and the text is pretty readable. Can't wait to see it on the 50" HDTV. The game is really pretty.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
If anyone wants to join me for this weekend's DOUBLE XP EXTRAVAGANZA on PSN, hit me up and we can maybe trophy whore our way to the Earn 50k Posse Points in Freeroam or just race horses or kill pubbies in some Stronghold matches. Whatever.

PSN: DrSmasher

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
40 min game of poker while talking about video games? WHY NOT!

For everybody who owns a PS3 that did not join our small goon poker posse then I gotta say you missed the hell out.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Shortymrbig posted:

For everybody who owns a PS3 that did not join our small goon poker posse then I gotta say you missed the hell out.

I don't plan on getting any packs until zombies show up, so I just play 40 min game of poker while talking about Jews controlling everything.

:arghfist::herbertmoon:

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

Shortymrbig posted:

I'm up for a couple of hands of poker if you do so again saturday.

I've gotten 10 levels in the last day and a half.

Gonna add drsmasher next time I fire it up, but if anyone wants to add me, here's my PSN again: spaniardthe12th

Maultaschen
Jan 19, 2004

Shortymrbig posted:

I might be up for such a thing later this weekend if I have time. What's your PSN id, your username?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Are any 360 goons playing poker or getting up to wild stuff? Add me: ZBU on XBL.

Be sure to say that you're a goon or I'll probably just scratch my head and wonder.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Well I guess that is enough single player for me until Rockstar releases a patch to fix my map locations not registering. Im stuck at 99.9% because some glitch is loving with my locations discovered stat.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

blackguy32 posted:

Well I guess that is enough single player for me until Rockstar releases a patch to fix my map locations not registering. Im stuck at 99.9% because some glitch is loving with my locations discovered stat.

That's weird. Did you the locations by buying the maps at general stores or just finding them on your own?

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

I said come in! posted:

Having to play on a SDTV until later tonight (curse sharing with other members of the house hold) and the text is pretty readable. Can't wait to see it on the 50" HDTV. The game is really pretty.

I recently upgraded from a tiny 26" HDTV to a 42" and I haven't touched RDR since it first came out and I beat it. I have my first day off in a month tomorrow, so I'm doing an all-day RDR session. I popped it in last night and played for 10 minutes and its gorgeous.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Guy LeDouche posted:

I recently upgraded from a tiny 26" HDTV to a 42" and I haven't touched RDR since it first came out and I beat it. I have my first day off in a month tomorrow, so I'm doing an all-day RDR session. I popped it in last night and played for 10 minutes and its gorgeous.

Yeah the difference when I started it up on the 50" last night is pretty huge.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

How's the poker work in multiplayer, anyway? Does it pull your group to a separate game world? What do you bet? Do we get money alongside exp now?

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

liquidypoo posted:

How's the poker work in multiplayer, anyway? Does it pull your group to a separate game world? What do you bet? Do we get money alongside exp now?

The tables are like the Co-op missions. Pulls into a seperate area, though it seems to be the full world, only it's purely for poker. There's money in it now (possibly before as well?), which you use to bet.

Gonna add you now. Want a game?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If I just want to run around, shooting other players, what game modes is everyone playing to do that?

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

I said come in! posted:

If I just want to run around, shooting other players, what game modes is everyone playing to do that?

Depends what you want to do. If you want to do it for the score, go into the deathmatch modes. If you don't care about exp and just want to annoy people trying to do missions, go for Free Roam (though it doesn't hurt to get a bit of exp so you have better weapons and horses for it).

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ChuckDHead posted:

Depends what you want to do. If you want to do it for the score, go into the deathmatch modes. If you don't care about exp and just want to annoy people trying to do missions, go for Free Roam (though it doesn't hurt to get a bit of exp so you have better weapons and horses for it).

Yeah exp for sure. I noticed however that if I run around killing NPCs in free roam, that seems to give me exp too. Does it only do it up to a certain point however?

I also don't have the two paid DLCs yet.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
edit: killing npc's in free roam gives very little xp, unless you're talking gang hideouts.

I said come in! posted:

Well, that's what free for all is designed for, but free mode seems to be where everyone actually does it :P

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Sir Spaniard posted:

I'm up for a couple of hands of poker if you do so again saturday.

I've gotten 10 levels in the last day and a half.

Gonna add drsmasher next time I fire it up, but if anyone wants to add me, here's my PSN again: spaniardthe12th

Sorry about the connection problems, I don't know where the problem was. I'm just gonna blame Rockstar's servers because it's easier for me. :)

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Yeah exp for sure. I noticed however that if I run around killing NPCs in free roam, that seems to give me exp too. Does it only do it up to a certain point however?

I also don't have the two paid DLCs yet.

You only get like 1xp for killing an non-enemy NPC, if I remember right. Better to concentrate your efforts on doing a couple of missions and/or killing players.

Incidentally, being in a mission disables auto-lock on player characters, meaning they tend not to be able to hit you, especially if you get the first shot in...

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Welp, I guess I'm done gambling for the day. This kinda blows, and somehow i have $9. $1 away from more poker. :(

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Ho ho ho...

Go into free roam, run up a huge bounty, get a bunch of officers following you, go to the cougar hunting ground, get into the house, and watch out the window as the cougars slaughter everyone.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

That's weird. Did you the locations by buying the maps at general stores or just finding them on your own?

I bought the maps at the general stores, but the game is glitched saying that I have one more location discovered than actually exists in the starting area and I am short one in West Elizabeth and Nuevo Paraiso. Thing is, when I use the Rockstar Social Club site to see what I missed, I go back to the locations and explore them and still nothing.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

liquidypoo posted:

You could learn by playing with the old MAG gang.

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
PSN is FatsoWellington

I try my best to be on most weekdays, but I get busy alot. I'll try and be on for some really bad poker playin.

Like right now! We need more PS3 goons!

Psn: FatsoWellington

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Sep 26, 2010

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
One more post on bear hunting. Before I read the wiki, I never realized the abundance of bears could be a bug. I thought they'd just run out eventually. Then I made the post before about close to 100 bears in a few hours.

I just hit some random seciton of tall trees where bears were coming at me by the trios and two pairs at a time. I eventually killed so much in the same spot that bear carcasses started disappearing.

This will definitely tide me over till the zombies show up. Is there an ETA for it btw?

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

Sorry to FatsoWellington, Steamshovel_Dan and liquidypoo. There was a power flicker and then failure. The rain here decided it wanted to become a storm.

bitey
Jul 13, 2003

Tell the truth and run.

davebo posted:

I can't believe I actually earn xp now for sniping animals. I'd do this for free forever.

Word. I'm not a great player, but I've managed to level up 7 times today by repeating the cougar hunt south of Rathskeller Fork over and over. It's getting me 250 points every two minutes. The best part? Nobody's here, so I can park the game at the "repeat / continue" screen if I want to take a break.

Another guy finally did show up, wondering why I was levelling up so fast. So now he knows, too.

This cougar hunting bonanza might be an artifact of the new DLC release or the double XP weekend. Get it while you can.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Did only a few people get the new DLC on 360? I tried to play a stronghold game earlier and it was 3 v 2 =/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Tokubetsu posted:

Did only a few people get the new DLC on 360? I tried to play a stronghold game earlier and it was 3 v 2 =/

too many people are playing poker and blowing each other up to care. I'm gonna go shoot some bison with an exploding rifle now.

• Locked thread