Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:

Egbert Souse posted:

It might just be a glitch, but if I'm playing multiplayer as Edgar Ross, auto-target won't work on anyone as John Marston or the other way around. :haw:

I just changed my character to MacDougal, and my auto-targeting doesn't work on anyone anymore.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Golgozor posted:

It's just like playing with Concrete_Rage.

haha, sorry about that. I'd thought he'd help out.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Eggplant Ronin posted:

I just changed my character to MacDougal, and my auto-targeting doesn't work on anyone anymore.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

I forgot to mention that but I was doing the cougar hunting grounds and my auto-aim sould sometimes just stop working for a while then come back. I think it was while I was playing as Nigel West Dickens or I could have been one of the american army guys from the disc content. Does that have anything to do with that?

Edit:vv I don't know, I can't recall it ever happening once until the DLC came out.

davebo fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Sep 27, 2010

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Is it intentional? In single player my auto-targeting just stops every so often. Usually when I need it most. :argh:

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
I'm thinking about getting the Liars and Cheats pack but I want to know, how are the new gang hideouts? Are any of them good for exp grinding? Any cool set pieces?

Edit: Also, do you get exp at the new hunting grounds?

Jedrick fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Sep 27, 2010

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Jedrick posted:

I'm thinking about getting the Liars and Cheats pack but I want to know, how are the new gang hideouts? Are any of them good for exp grinding? Any cool set pieces?

The new hideouts are pretty lackluster. They're basically a farmhouse/barn with a bunch of enemies inside, and then reinforcements spawn in a ring around it until it's done. They don't give good experience. They seem more like "Things to Do when you Ride Past" then an actual hideout.

The Hunting Grounds are basically the same as the new hideouts - you ride past and get a "Shoot some Wolves/Cougars/Boars/Bobcats" prompt, kill 10, and then a "boss" animal.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Jedrick posted:

I can't say I really agree with Slantedfloors in regards to the hunting grounds. They don't give a ton of XP, but for the time it takes you to shoot 10 boars it's actually pretty decent xp I feel. The cougars take a little longer but I find them more fun. The wolves seem to take forever to actually get around to the right area, and the bobcats are kind of hard to spot in all that brush, but if you look over the past few pages several people have mentioned having fun with the cougars.

There aren't any set pieces but the exploding rifle is fun and the new gang hideouts aren't good for grinding but are nice as a change of pace from time to time.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
I got the horseback riding challenges done by just riding around doing the lawmen challenges and the mp hideout trophy when I first got the game. The one that kicks my rear end is the stagecoach riding one, my god I just gave up.

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Golgozor posted:

I got the horseback riding challenges done by just riding around doing the lawmen challenges and the mp hideout trophy when I first got the game. The one that kicks my rear end is the stagecoach riding one, my god I just gave up.

It's impossible to find anyone who'll let you ride shotgun for the distance. It is fun running people over with it, though. I like my Bad Driver title.

Repelex
Jun 25, 2010

ketchum while they're young
Any PS3 goons wanna play some poker/liars dice sometime? Pub matches have been pretty empty. Also, how do you get the exploding rifle in multiplayer?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Highest score on one of the new gang hideouts gets a rifle, which you lose when you die. If/when I get it I'll use it as the opening shots on a gang hideout.

Bobcats are fun as hell just because they're frustrating little bastards to hit.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Cougars are easy because you can just get on top of the shack. Bobcats there's like ONE rock you can get on to avoid getting hit, but still you may have one that'll jump up there to swipe you.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Scarf posted:

Cougars are easy because you can just get on top of the shack. Bobcats there's like ONE rock you can get on to avoid getting hit, but still you may have one that'll jump up there to swipe you.

The best way to get Bobcats is to use the wagon trick: get on one and go to town. Just remember that if you choose to repeat the wagon vanishes and leads you to getting demolished.

I found this out the hard way with the Cougar Hideout. Three times in a minute. Grumble.

Say, is there a good way to get the Explosive Rifle Challenge 3 (three people in one blast)?

ShoulderDaemon
Oct 9, 2003
support goon fund
Taco Defender

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Say, is there a good way to get the Explosive Rifle Challenge 3 (three people in one blast)?

I wound up riding around in the wilderness for a while until a campsite with three angry indians spawned. As they were standing up and starting to shoot at me, I went deadeye and hit right in the center of their cluster with the explosive rifle.

A Quiet American
Nov 5, 2008

I hogtied three different enemies while clearing Tesoro Azul, and then dragged them all over to the same spot and shot at the center of the writhing mass. I found that was the easiest way to do it, for me anyway.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Goddamn cougars. :argh:

I can kill wolves by the hundreds, but every time I finally find a cougar something fucks up my challenge attempt. Every. Goddamn. Time.

:bang:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PSN users who still need the two DLC packs, i'm trying to set up a share; http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2912547&pagenumber=252#post382596578

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

Rockstar is gonna be releasing info about Undead Nightmare this week. They just released the logo today, and I guess a trailer is coming thursday.

And if you read the recent mailbag on the official site, they address Landon Ricketts' absence from the recent pack and hint at something...interesting.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Flint-lock pistols???

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

I just found a table full of people sitting around in the Armadillo bar and fired a shot from the second floor balcony. It worked for me.

vastlynne
Jun 2, 2004

Scarf posted:

What have they done to your purty face? :allears:

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Scarf posted:

Flint-lock pistols???

Clearly they were inspired:

Although as I type this I realize that a Pirates of the Caribbean (or just a historical pirate TPS sandbox game) would be loving amazing.

Edit: wow, seeing those images side-by-side - it's not like they were inspired, it's almost like the artist was a little too inspired if you catch my drift.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Scarf posted:

Peas and Rice posted:

Clearly they were inspired:

Although as I type this I realize that a Pirates of the Caribbean (or just a historical pirate TPS sandbox game) would be loving amazing.

Edit: wow, seeing those images side-by-side - it's not like they were inspired, it's almost like the artist was a little too inspired if you catch my drift.

Well, it's a direct edit of the original cover and how many ways are there to zombi-fy something?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Question about late/endgame missions (sort of spoilers):

I want to get the pump-action shotgun but I don't want to start the Beecher's Hope missions. However, I know that at the mission (spoilers) that you get the shotgun, you're told to head to Beecher's Hope and start the next mission there, complete with music and everything. When I finish the mission, can I end up ignoring where the game is nudging me to go, and just go about with free-roaming and stuff? Or is heading to Beecher's Hope the next mission objective that I can't avoid?

I hope I worded it correctly :ohdear:

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

Morter posted:

When I finish the mission, can I end up ignoring where the game is nudging me to go, and just go about with free-roaming and stuff? Or is heading to Beecher's Hope the next mission objective that I can't avoid?

Yeah, you actually have to go to Beecher's Hope and start a new mission there. You can just ignore it until whenever.

Dr Geek
Jan 28, 2007

Repelex posted:

Any PS3 goons wanna play some poker/liars dice sometime? Pub matches have been pretty empty. Also, how do you get the exploding rifle in multiplayer?

I'm down, my PSN is unclecaveman69

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dr Geek posted:

I'm down, my PSN is unclecaveman69

Quoted the wrong goon;

I'm down as well, PSN is Kyleh614

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Sep 28, 2010

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

Eggplant Ronin posted:

Rockstar is gonna be releasing info about Undead Nightmare this week. They just released the logo today, and I guess a trailer is coming thursday.

And if you read the recent mailbag on the official site, they address Landon Ricketts' absence from the recent pack and hint at something...interesting.

What's the something interesting? :( I can't seem to find anything more than the Undead poster, and the news item saying they're going to show the Undead poster soon.

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

Sir Spaniard posted:

What's the something interesting? :( I can't seem to find anything more than the Undead poster, and the news item saying they're going to show the Undead poster soon.

http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/news/article/9091/asked_&_answered_liars_and_cheats_edition

"well there is bad news and good news… the bad news is that he isn’t in this set of playable characters from the Liars and Cheats Pack. The good news is you have not seen the last of him. Let’s just say he’s been rather busy dealing with some surprising phenomena. More info soon."

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

Golgozor posted:

I just though about something, do standard wagons count for this or does it actually have to be THE stagecoach that you get from Gaptooth?

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Going from one end of the game world to the other never gets tiring. I wish this game had a screenshot button on the PS3 version.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Scarf posted:

Flint-lock pistols???

The zombies would be coming back from any time 1911 or before. Who knows?

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

I can't wait for that to come out. I need to put a bit more into my PSN wallet before it does.

So we know that John will be dealing with the zombies, and it sounds like from that link from Eggplant Ronin, Ricketts will as well. I sure hope so.. I liked Ricketts as a character, and playing missions alongside him involving zombies would kick all kinds of rear end.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Big news day:

Marshalls category are getting unlocked this weekend.

quote:

You’ve been asking for them… and they’re finally coming this weekend.

This Friday October 1st, at 1 PM Eastern – we will be unlocking the Marshals class of Red Dead Redemption multiplayer characters for use by everyone online on both platforms with no restrictions.

Simply go to the Outfitter in online multiplayer after that time, browse to the Marshals class – and enjoy.

Look for us online later that day dispensing some justice. We’ll give a shout on Twitter and Facebook when we jump on to Xbox LIVE and PSN.

Undead images. Looks super dark and creepy.

Also, like I said before, Looks like this will provide a way to be John Marston in single player indefinitely.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Zombies?
John Marston?
A damned good use for the sawed-off shotgun?!

Holy poo poo I might just cum :flashfap:

Edit: That's not a fire bottle in his hand!

Torch item?

Morter fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Sep 29, 2010

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Rename thread to Red (Un)Dead Redemption

BiscuitErsedRenton
May 28, 2006

Depression, boredom... You feel so fucking low, you want to fucking top yourself.

GenoCanSing posted:

Big news day:

Marshalls category are getting unlocked this weekend.

Undead images. Looks super dark and creepy.

Also, like I said before, Looks like this will provide a way to be John Marston in single player indefinitely.

Thanks for posting this, looks awesome. I may actually pick this up. Will the zombies shamble or run after you?

Edit: Sweet, zombie horse!

BiscuitErsedRenton fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Sep 29, 2010

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Perhaps if you have the Manifest Destiny achievement a herd of zombie buffalo will come for revenge.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Saw the screens and thought "Man.. this is kinda cool looking" until I got to the zombie horse. :eek:

So gonna buy this on day 1.

Man, John sure does like to run away from stuff with a crazy expression on his face. One of my old wallpapers is him hauling rear end away from a cougar, and now I might have to update it to include the :haw: zombies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Just had a scary thought, one I'm sure others have had as well.

So it looks like we're dealing with Romero zombies here, at least at first. After seeing the undead horse, I started thinking about other zombied animals. Like cougars. I dismissed them as no threat because, hey, you're taking away their main advantage.

Then I realized we could see rage zombie cougars.

Fffffffffffffffffffff-

• Locked thread