Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
God drat.. I just realized something. Zombies are bad enough, zombie animals are going to be loving insane, but fast zombies + cougars = IS THERE NO GOD?!?!?!?

Gonna be counting the days on this one.

Did that one zombie in the trailer have a tomahawk in his head?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Zombie bear!

edit: posting again for this page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLxzVgYwOFA&hd=1

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Sir Spaniard posted:

Yeah, I'm hoping that the white area at the top of the in-game map that's empty gets used for something eventually. Seems big for something they're not using.

I wonder what they'll be putting in place as new gameplay mechanics.

Also wondering if a unicorn mount will be one of the mythical creatures.

I mentioned this recently but an error caused my friend to spawn in the area across the river north of the great plains, and we explored the area. They've got trees and the whole area is huge and mapped out, but there are tons of glitches and it's not really a playable area as it's full of huge cliffs that are a pain to get around. Glitches like walking over rocks that make water splashing noises, and lord help you if you actually walk off the edge of the map by accident. To use that area they would basically have to update the game world and I don't know if that can be done in a specific location or would require everyone to redownload the entire world which seems unlikely.

I think it's a lot more likely the zombie stuff will occur in the areas we know but maybe somewhere we're not really sick of yet. Or maybe just the entire loving world will be chock full of so many zombies that our only option will be to ride trains full of ammo around the level until we've sniped every single one in the head. I hope this is what happens.

davebo fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Sep 30, 2010

rndm
Aug 31, 2001

:dukedog:
I'm going to buy this DLC so hard when it releases.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

I'm quite late to the Red Dead Redemption party so I was wondering,since I know the story spoilers I have a question about when to save before John Marston dies so I don't have to deal with lovely Jack and if anyone had a spare War Horse code I could take it off your hands perhaps :shobon:

Also I'm buying that DLC on day one.

Corzaa fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Sep 30, 2010

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Corzaa posted:

I'm quite late to the Red Dead Redemption party so I was wondering,since I know the story spoilers I have a question about when to save before John Marston dies so I don't have to deal with lovely Jack and if anyone had a spare War Horse code I could take it off your hands perhaps :shobon:

Also I'm buying that DLC on day one.

I say just create a separate save before "And the Truth Will Set You Free", its the last one before you go to your ranch. Also, Jack Marston owns.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
I really hope that blunderbuss is loaded with grapeshot :gibs:

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Yeah these zombies are nice and all, but nobody is asking the real question about this upcoming DLC: Will they finally add fishing?

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

blackguy32 posted:

I say just create a separate save before "And the Truth Will Set You Free", its the last one before you go to your ranch. Also, Jack Marston owns.

Which mission is that after?

Hungryjack posted:

Yeah these zombies are nice and all, but nobody is asking the real question about this upcoming DLC: Will they finally add fishing?

Holy poo poo that would be amazing.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Fishing would probably suck since you tend to drown horribly when you get chest deep in water.

Lost more god damned horses that way, stupid bastards would run past me when I whistled and just careen off the beaches into the water. Now I gotta worry about zombie sea horses :haw:

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Corzaa posted:

Holy poo poo that would be amazing.

Was fishing supposed to be part of the game initially?

I wouldn't mind fishing with dynamite, which would be awesome.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I want a raft to use in free roam.

Lucid Delusion
Dec 23, 2009

You're merely postponing the inevitable.
Just watched the trailer for the Undead DLC pack. Zombie bears! Count me in on that. I haven't visited the thread in a while so I have to ask, are people still partying up in RDR? I could go for some online posse action once this DLC is live. I need to buy the Liars and Cheats pack as well.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Zombie bear!

edit: posting again for this page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLxzVgYwOFA&hd=1

OK, so zombie bear is cool, but I did see something that resembled the wolf people running around on all fours. (0:18 around the graveyard perimiter and 0:32 along the bottom of the screen) THAT has me excited. Also of note, bright sunshine/dawn at some point, so not just night time. It all appears to be centered around Armadillo though.

CzarChasm fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Sep 30, 2010

Lucid Delusion
Dec 23, 2009

You're merely postponing the inevitable.

CzarChasm posted:

OK, so zombie bear is cool, but I did see something that resembled the wolf people running around on all fours. (0:18 around the graveyard perimiter and 0:32 along the bottom of the screen) THAT has me excited. Also of note, bright sunshine/dawn at some point, so not just night time. It all appears to be centered around Armadillo though.

I thought I saw a clip of Bonnie, so it might extend to the ranch as well.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

CzarChasm posted:

So the animal people weren't glitches after all? That's quite interesting.

HereCometheKillBots
Jul 21, 2010
gently caress yes, more Marshall Johnson!

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Corzaa posted:

Its after "And You Will Know the Truth"

basically these these are the missions before the ranch missions, so you still have some leeway, but I can't remember if they let you change your outfit after you get to the ranch.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

So the animal people weren't glitches after all? That's quite interesting.

Oh, I'd love it if that were the case. Little glimpses into infected people. Even if it were unintended "code leak" that some people took on the movement or mannerisms of animals/DLC before the DLC was officially released.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows
For whoever was asking for a Horde mode, there are hints at a CoD:World at War Nazi Zombies mode in that video. In the trailer while they are showing shots from inside a house, you can distinctly see a wooden board covering the front door. Please be true :negative:

TJO
Aug 14, 2006

I had a funny feeling in my gut.
I just started playing this again a few days ago, and suddenly there's a zombie DLC imminent? Get in.

I just have a question about the multiplayer, at launch everyone complained that the multiplayer world was really empty and barren and felt vaguely unsatisfying, is that the case or is it worth grabbing a month of xbox live for when people start playing again after zombies?

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

blackguy32 posted:

Its after "And You Will Know the Truth"

basically these these are the missions before the ranch missions, so you still have some leeway, but I can't remember if they let you change your outfit after you get to the ranch.

They don't. Once you start the "A" mission you put on the outfit and can't change clothes.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
E: nm, I'm a dumbass.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I only hope that the zombie bears don't lead to zombie cougars. gently caress cougars, and gently caress cougars that don't stay dead after I shoot them in the face.

Sco Dylan
Feb 27, 2003

Help me help you

Lucid Delusion posted:

I thought I saw a clip of Bonnie, so it might extend to the ranch as well.

Zombie bear in Tall Trees.

And if someone complains about RDR being boring, offline or on, they need to just go take their ritalin, play CoD and shut up.

edit: just watched again on my phone and saw Manzanita Post, Thieve's Landing and possibly Sidewinder Gulch, if it's not that pass in Pike's Basin or Cholla Springs southeast from Tumbleweed.

Sco Dylan fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Oct 1, 2010

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:
I would love if they framed the story of Undead Nightmare as a dime novel that Jack wrote.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Eggplant Ronin posted:

I would love if they framed the story of Undead Nightmare as a dime novel that Jack wrote.

It would make Bonnie McFarlane's embrace of John a little weird.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Eggplant Ronin posted:

This is actually a great idea, and perhaps he has you playing as John though it as the main character. The Jack-haters would be pleased to have a playable John again and this would be a neat way to do it.

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

Who was the character that gets hit first? Looked like Irish's friend. I forget his name...

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

It would make Bonnie McFarlane's embrace of John a little weird.

Not if it's a 'John's a hero to everyone' type thing.

Edit: Not that I doubted Rockstar at all with this, but they've definitely seemed to nail the atmosphere. Can't wait till it comes out.

Anyone up for some multi on PSN this weekend to pre-celebrate?

Edit2: Just noticed they've deleted some comments on the post for the trailer, because of spoilers. I wonder what they were.
I hope 'really soon' means next weekend.

Sir Spaniard fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Oct 1, 2010

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Sir Spaniard posted:

Who was the character that gets hit first? Looked like Irish's friend. I forget his name...

Sh-Sh-Sh-Sh-Shakey

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Sir Spaniard posted:

Not if it's a 'John's a hero to everyone' type thing.

Edit: Not that I doubted Rockstar at all with this, but they've definitely seemed to nail the atmosphere. Can't wait till it comes out.

Anyone up for some multi on PSN this weekend to pre-celebrate?

Edit2: Just noticed they've deleted some comments on the post for the trailer, because of spoilers. I wonder what they were.
I hope 'really soon' means next weekend.

If they put out that and Left 4 Dead's 'The Sacrifice,' this will be the best October ever. Wait, aren't they putting out some update this Friday so we have Marshal skins in MP?

And whatever happened to the two new outfits that we're supposed to get for free?

DownCrashing
Sep 10, 2001
Im going to guess that "very soon" means halloween, but if it were sooner I wouldn't complain.

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

I hope it's sooner than halloween, even though that makes sense. Hopefully it comes out before that, but they have a halloween weekend double xp thing again, to try and push those on the fence about buying it to take the leap.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DownCrashing posted:

Im going to guess that "very soon" means halloween, but if it were sooner I wouldn't complain.

Halloween seems like an obvious release date for it, but as soon as possible would be the best. :D

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Wowsa. I finally won all the events in one Grand Prix, waiting for the achievement to pop and it got stuck on a loading screen. I left it there for a good ten minutes hoping it would resolve itself, finally came back and it did and popped the cheevie.

So apparently if you're stuck on a loading screen in multiplayer it will eventually figure itself out.

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

It was inevitable...

Remmiz
May 3, 2009

GRUUUUUUMMBLES!
I have seen the face of true evil and it is a zombie cougar.

God help us all.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Yeah, zombie cougars (zougars?) are scary and all, but gently caress this noise:

:gonk:

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

I really hope they reveal some of the mythical creatures soon. Bigfoot is a shoe-in, but I'd like to see a piasa bird or a chupacabra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows
Yeah, at least cougars usually announce your death with a shriek 2 nanoseconds before they kill you. Bears are freakin' ninja.

• Locked thread