Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Eggplant Ronin posted:

It was inevitable...

Ooh jesus loving christ what the hell. :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:
Rockstar seems to have posted next week's blog posts now. Check out the official site. In case they take them down, here's the good stuff:

quote:

On October 26th, the Undead Nightmare will be unleashed upon the world of Red Dead Redemption, with an entirely new single-player storyline, as well as brand new multiplayer content.

Seemingly overnight, a zombie plague ravages the once bountiful frontier, decimating the landscape and reawakening the dead. In towns, settlements, and outposts throughout the world, the uninfected citizens are left to fight for survival against waves of the undead. John Marston must ride out into the vast and terrifying world and survive long enough to find a cure.

With four unique zombie classes - each with their own characteristics, new infected predatory animals roaming the countryside, and new non-traditional weaponry like the Blunderbuss, the Undead Nightmare Pack offers an entirely original gameplay experience for fans of Red Dead Redemption.

This new downloadable content pack also brings new content to Multiplayer, with Graveyard Mode, a brand new multiplayer survival mode where waves of infected enemies attack and players must work together to stay alive against increasingly difficult odds.

The Undead Nightmare Pack will be available from Xbox LIVE (800 Microsoft Points) and PlayStation Network ($9.99) and requires a copy of Red Dead Redemption to play.

quote:

As a token of our appreciation to all the Red Dead Redemption fans out there, we will be releasing the eagerly anticipated Hunting and Trading Outfits Pack downloadable content free-of-charge next Tuesday, October 12th simultaneously on Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network.

The Hunting and Trading Outfits Pack features two new outfits and their associated challenges - both originally candidates in the GameStop Red Dead Referendum Pre-Order fan vote.

The Savvy Merchant
This shrewd negotiator is able to get his hands on valuable firepower. Equip this outfit and buy guns and ammunition from any gunsmith for half the cost.

The Expert Hunter
Fears no beast, and emerges from the wilderness with valuable pelts and hides. Equip this outfit and receive double the amount of skins and hides from hunting.

In addition, the Hunting and Trading Outfits Pack also features a new animal that's been added to the frontier - the elusive Jackalope.

The Hunting and Trading Outfits Pack will also include a compatibility update that allows players who do not have the Liars and Cheats Pack and/or the Legends & Killers Pack the ability to see other players that do who are playing as characters from Red Dead Revolver or the Red Dead Redemption single player story. Of course, you still have to purchase, download and install the Liars and Cheats or Legends and Killers Packs if you want to play as those characters yourself.

and for those of you attending NYCC, Undead Nightmare is gonna be playable.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Eggplant Ronin posted:

Rockstar seems to have posted next week's blog posts now. Check out the official site. In case they take them down, here's the good stuff:

and for those of you attending NYCC, Undead Nightmare is gonna be playable.

October 25th

Very soon indeed :smith:

vastlynne
Jun 2, 2004

quote:

This new downloadable content pack also brings new content to Multiplayer, with Graveyard Mode, a brand new multiplayer survival mode where waves of infected enemies attack and players must work together to stay alive against increasingly difficult odds.

Take that Dead Rising 2!
I cannot loving wait.

Thank you Rockstar posting from the future. :psyduck:

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows
Yesssss survival mode.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Ooh jesus loving christ what the hell. :gonk:

On the bright side, now when I fill a cougar and his partners with a bunch of bullets from my Mauser, I won't feel bad when I keep shooting them. Come on, they're GOING TO COME BACK. So that's why their heads have to explode with a closeup with the Buffalo Rifle.

Zombie bears share the poo poo out of me, however. I wonder what the Blunderbuss is going to be. I imagine a cross between the Buffalo Rifle, the Explosive Rifle, and a Shotgun. Still no idea on the new territory, however.

Cool on the new outfits. And a jackalope. Not too shabby. This is the game that keeps on giving.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Wait a minute, they already released the two outfits less than a month ago or so. I'm pretty sure they came with a patch.

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

Scarf posted:

If you head west/northwest from MacFarlane's ranch there's actually what looks to be a small abandoned camp of unifinished/stripped-down teepees.

I remember that place, the Mescalero with the sundial markings on the ground. Did anything happen in it? I rode out there at night once, and when I got off my horse, Marston said something foreboding like "I got a bad feeling about this place...", so I assumed it was significant in some way, but I never saw it used in my playthrough.

Also I can't help but notice that bit in the Rockstar blogpost about trying to find a cure for the zombie plague. Seems like there's one man who might just have some kind of elixir for that...

Sco Dylan
Feb 27, 2003

Help me help you

Eggplant Ronin posted:

I really hope they reveal some of the mythical creatures soon. Bigfoot is a shoe-in, but I'd like to see a piasa bird or a chupacabra.

I don't think they will go that out there. Jackalope will probably be it, other than zombie creatures.

A bigfoot in Tall Trees, and Chupacabra in Mexico would be the poo poo though.

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

It does say creatures plural, so there'll be more than the Jackalope. It seems a bit of a waste to mention it and have that be all they add. Pretty big let down if they did that.

According to the Red Dead wiki, the Jackalope is already in the game, and is needed to get the Expert Hunter outfit. I can't find anything there confirming it's in the game though.

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

A bigfoot just seems so...natural for some reason. I think it's because of that old rumor about one running around in San Andreas and how prevalent the rumor became.

Everything else is just stuff I'd LIKE to see, but almost certainly won't.

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

Sco Dylan posted:

I don't think they will go that out there. Jackalope will probably be it, other than zombie creatures.

So I won't get to sell Herbert Moon a unicorn skin? Aww.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
Skinwalkers would go pretty well with the natives up north :shobon:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

Skinwalkers would go pretty well with the natives up north :shobon:

Wendigo!

Hoping we get werewolves too, just so this can happen.

*wolf howls in the distance*
John Marsten: "Werewolves."
Nigel West Dickens: "There wolves, there Armadillo."

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Stare-Out posted:

Wait a minute, they already released the two outfits less than a month ago or so. I'm pretty sure they came with a patch.

Are you sure? How do you go about getting it then? I'd rather kill 50 bears than 99 to get me some max bear loots :dance:

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

Morter posted:

Are you sure? How do you go about getting it then? I'd rather kill 50 bears than 99 to get me some max bear loots :dance:

They released them early on the PS3, but pulled them.

IXCE
Nov 27, 2007

It's time to take naps and eat yum yum...and I'm all outta yum.
Goddamn it. So pretty much after finishing RDR I got a job (which I'm grateful for) and now have no time to play online. I was tempted with the other DLC but this just seals it.

I'll drat sure make room for some zombie killing on my schedule. :clint:

IXCE fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Oct 2, 2010

Whack
Feb 14, 2008
Sorry for derailing with this dumb question, but how do you explore a town? I need to explore Thieves Landing for an outfit and it's giving me nothing despite running the length of the town a couple times.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

PlasticPaddy posted:

Sorry for derailing with this dumb question, but how do you explore a town? I need to explore Thieves Landing for an outfit and it's giving me nothing despite running the length of the town a couple times.

When an outfit says to explore somewhere, it means to look around for a chest that has a scrap of the outfit inside it, usually.

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

Does it say explore Thieves Landing, or something else? Don't know which outfit you need, but usually when it mentions a town you have to go to, it's talking about buying the scrap needed from the tailor.

Have you tried the 'tracking' option on the outfit's checklist screen?

Whack
Feb 14, 2008

Sir Spaniard posted:

Have you tried the 'tracking' option on the outfit's checklist screen?

I missed that! Thanks for the help chums!

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Blackwater was the hardest scrap to find for me. The circle is a little off.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I was playing earlier today, decided to try out multiplayer a little bit, went back into single player to check something a few minutes later and found that it started a new game instead of loading my last save. I didn't feel like waiting for the whole beginning sequence so I quit to dashboard and reloaded the game. It now freezes three or four seconds after I try to load single player or multiplayer.

Anyone have anything similar happen? I'm playing on the 360 by the way.
e: Other games are playing fine. I deleted my most recent save and it's still happening.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Morter posted:

They had some fairly arbitrary requirements like buying stuff from every gun store in the game but I'm almost done getting them. Haven't been able to find the Jackalope yet, though.

Eggplant Ronin posted:

They released them early on the PS3, but pulled them.
Ahh that explains it.

Pr0phecy
Apr 3, 2006
Man...as much as I love this game, it would be 2x better on the PC if only for the more accurate controls. Sometimes when I'm playing MP, it's almost as if I'm still on my horse when trying to do tight turns.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Pr0phecy posted:

Man...as much as I love this game, it would be 2x better on the PC if only for the more accurate controls. Sometimes when I'm playing MP, it's almost as if I'm still on my horse when trying to do tight turns.

It's not a console/pc thing. It's the euphoria engine. Even GTAIV on PC had the same problem. You just can't turn on a dime.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Euphoria engine really shows its colors when you're trying to go through a door. Whoops, missed. Whoops, missed. Whoops, missed.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

I would never give up dynamic crotch grabbing for better controls :colbert:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pr0phecy posted:

I was thinking about this last night actually, and i'm not sure how the controls would really work on a keyboard and mouse. I just don't see the horse controls being very good. The game would certainly look beautiful on really high end PC hardware though. This would be like the definitive PC game to show off your rig.

But yeah, as far as I know, some dev at Rockstar said back in July, that there are no plans to bring the game to the PC; http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/109/1096617p1.html although I think they may have said that with GTAIV too, so who knows.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Oct 2, 2010

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

Fonzarelli posted:

Euphoria engine really shows its colors when you're trying to go through a door. Whoops, missed. Whoops, missed. Whoops, missed.

That and ladders.

A Quiet American
Nov 5, 2008
I never even thought about my character having to turn in wide arcs until now. Thanks for ruining my gaming experience everyone.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht5nLSkcm7Q

There's a glitch that allows you to travel on the cliffs north of Armadillo. This video is back a little ways. Sorry for the crappy quality.

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 2, 2010

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

I said come in! posted:

I was thinking about this last night actually, and i'm not sure how the controls would really work on a keyboard and mouse. I just don't see the horse controls being very good. The game would certainly look beautiful on really high end PC hardware though. This would be like the definitive PC game to show off your rig.

But yeah, as far as I know, some dev at Rockstar said back in July, that there are no plans to bring the game to the PC; http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/109/1096617p1.html although I think they may have said that with GTAIV too, so who knows.

I think the controls would be better than the gta4 port, because unlike previous gta's the cars had analog acceleration, so when you lost that going to pc it really sucks. The acceleration for the horses is just tapping a button so it would be just fine on a keyboard. Just a left and right steer while you can whip the mouse around aiming.

I always buy gta games on playstations then have to rebuy them to fully enjoy them whenever they come to PC. I told myself I wouldn't do that with RDR but you know what... I probably would. And yeah they didn't say gta4 was coming to pc so they could sell more console units, then announced the pc version later on, but I feel like the PC version only came like 8 months later, so I'm guessing we would have heard something if they were porting it. Maybe next year they'll come out with some PC edition that includes all the DLC, I dunno.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Played Gang Shootout and CtB last night for the first time. Fun stuff, nice little break from free-roam. Don't know why it took me so long to try them out.

bitey
Jul 13, 2003

Tell the truth and run.

fennesz posted:

I was playing earlier today, decided to try out multiplayer a little bit, went back into single player to check something a few minutes later and found that it started a new game instead of loading my last save. I didn't feel like waiting for the whole beginning sequence so I quit to dashboard and reloaded the game. It now freezes three or four seconds after I try to load single player or multiplayer.

Anyone have anything similar happen? I'm playing on the 360 by the way.
e: Other games are playing fine. I deleted my most recent save and it's still happening.

I'm not sure if it's the same problem, but on my PS3 the settings/options file gets hammered any time I switch to the Netflix watch-it-now disc or disconnect and reconnect my USB headset. I'm on a different platform but it's the same symptom -- the game hangs on the loading screen.

I use the game data utility on the console to delete the settings file (not a saved game file). Once the game's running I reset my preferences. In my case it's changing to inverted camera and switching the multiplayer targeting mode to "casual." I'm fine for a few days after that.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

bitey posted:

I'm not sure if it's the same problem, but on my PS3 the settings/options file gets hammered any time I switch to the Netflix watch-it-now disc or disconnect and reconnect my USB headset. I'm on a different platform but it's the same symptom -- the game hangs on the loading screen.

I use the game data utility on the console to delete the settings file (not a saved game file). Once the game's running I reset my preferences. In my case it's changing to inverted camera and switching the multiplayer targeting mode to "casual." I'm fine for a few days after that.

Yeah I deleted every single file I had saved under RDR and it fixed the problem. I probably could have deleted them one by one (I started to, didn't work at first) but was sick of having to hard boot my Xbox every time I tried to load. Not a big deal since I've beaten the game long ago and was just replaying it for shits and giggles.

I did find it strange that the multiplayer information is stored client side though.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

I was running Tesoro Azul last weekend in public free roam for quick exp and some teenager started griefing me and laughing and talking poo poo on the mic. Offhandedly, I called him a chucklefuck and he lost it, laughing for a good 30 seconds straight. I guess that word hit his funny bone because suddenly he wanted to team up and be in my posse. I ended up spending the rest of the afternoon and evening with him leveling up and running co-op missions. He even sent me a friend request. Any time we got in a tight spot he'd call the opponent (be it NPC or player) a chucklefuck and then laugh at himself saying it. I guess it takes one to know one.

It was the damnedest thing but I just went along with it.

A Quiet American
Nov 5, 2008
I spent a couple hours this morning grinding Pike's Basin while listening to an audiobook on a flash drive. I am slowly realizing that I will never, ever have a zonkey.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

A Quiet American posted:

I spent a couple hours this morning grinding Pike's Basin while listening to an audiobook on a flash drive. I am slowly realizing that I will never, ever have a zonkey.

Grind on a double XP weekend, whenever the next one may be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

A Quiet American posted:

Yeah, its seriously mindnumbing to try to grind. I wish they never nerfed the Solomon's Folly XP because you could do that one in less than 2 minutes with a group of at least 2 or 3. I hope they roll out some more double or even triple XP weekends

• Locked thread