Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I think I got the story:

Jack makes a deal with the Mysterious Stranger to bring back John. The Stranger grants his wish in return for Jack's soul. But Jack gets greedy and starts asking for Abigail and Uncle. The Stranger curses Jack and starts bringing EVERYBODY back from the dead. John, now given a redemption, now has to right what Jack has set wrong and finally set the boy straight. Armed with Nigel West-Dickens and Seth--two people who would be able to do something along the lines of mysticism that he knows directly--they go off to reverse everything.

Unfortunately for John, he's put a lot of people in the ground who want a chunk of him and wish to remain animate if rotting. So Ross, Dutch, Escuella, and various other people are craving for Marston blood and everything living that goes with it.

Sure, there's no loving way this would actually work and it's most likely a prequel, but a goon can dream. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:
Every story theory seems to involve the supernatural. How about "Harold MacDougal: Re-Animator"?

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

It would be cool and funny if it was everyone that's had West-Dickens' formula gains eternal good health... After they die.

Would be a very 'What has science wrought' kind of thing, which, couple with Dickens' wanting only to be rich, is funny to me.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

That's my new favorite theory.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Darth Brooks posted:

That's my new favorite theory.

I know empty quoting is frowned upon here, but this matches my opinion very well.

However, here is the only thought to either of the above: What causes the animals to turn to zombies? For Mad Doc Cthulhu, I doubt even Satan himself would reanimate wild beasties, just to cause some poo poo and Sir Spaniard, NWD wouldn't give his elixirs to no drat animal, as they could not pay him fair market value for them. Then again, if some poor sap was swindled and didn't know any better he might pour it out and give it to his dog/horse. Has there been any mention of zombie versions of any of the less dangerous animals (rabbits, coyotes, skunks, and my favorite, birds)?

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

CzarChasm posted:

I know empty quoting is frowned upon here, but this matches my opinion very well.

However, here is the only thought to either of the above: What causes the animals to turn to zombies? For Mad Doc Cthulhu, I doubt even Satan himself would reanimate wild beasties, just to cause some poo poo and Sir Spaniard, NWD wouldn't give his elixirs to no drat animal, as they could not pay him fair market value for them. Then again, if some poor sap was swindled and didn't know any better he might pour it out and give it to his dog/horse. Has there been any mention of zombie versions of any of the less dangerous animals (rabbits, coyotes, skunks, and my favorite, birds)?

Guy killed out in a bandit camp/the desert. Wild animal eats him, bam. Zombie cougar/wolf.

Or a zombie attacks a wild animal, it dies, comes back.

Edit: I can't see it being a story Jack's written, if Abigail's a zombie.

Really can't wait to see what they've come up with for the reason. Either way, it'll be a lot of fun.

Sir Spaniard fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Oct 7, 2010

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Tonight's super fun in Free Roam involved taking MacDougal over to Thieves Landing for a coked-up tomahawk rampage. There was good ol' Harold, running around screaming "I JUST WANT TO UNDERSTAND YOU!!" and chopping up everyone he sees.

Cocaine is a hilarious mistress.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Has anyone ever seen an animal fight? I was up in Tall Trees and saw a Wolf and Bear fighing each other. I thought the Wolf had chased it off but then the Bear ran back and killed the Wolf with one swipe. :(

I shot the Bear after that.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Corzaa posted:

Has anyone ever seen an animal fight? I was up in Tall Trees and saw a Wolf and Bear fighing each other. I thought the Wolf had chased it off but then the Bear ran back and killed the Wolf with one swipe. :(

I've seen coyotes gathering around dead deer, and wolves chasing them and attacking deer, but never two of the aggressive animals fighting each other.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Hopefully this will involve a new zombie movie in the cinema as well.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Injun curse thanks to Nastas.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Corzaa posted:

Yeah, I saw a pack of wolves attacking a bear up there too and I just sat there going :smug: "HOW THE gently caress DO YOU LIKE IT, FUCKER?"

The bear killed at least one wolf, but they eventually went over a ridge and I never saw the outcome.

I also saw a chinese man crying over a dead body, so I went up to check it out. After a few seconds the guy quietly pulls out a gun, and I tensed but he put it to his skull and blew his own brains out.

:smith:

I'm not sure why, but that disturbed me more than anything else so far.

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

I went to shoot the gun out of the guy's hand when I saw one of those last time I played. I was in a bit of a rush to do so, and shot him in the head myself. :( Lost honour. Even though he was trying to do the same thing.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Corzaa posted:

Has anyone ever seen an animal fight?
I was cougar hunting by rathskeller's fork and when I first arrived and triggered the cougars appearing, there was already a whole pack of wolves there. I ran and got up on the roof then watched a couple of cougars rape the wolves. I think a couple of them ran away in time.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Not a fight, but I came across a wolf feasting on a deer I had killed.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Sir Spaniard posted:

Artwork of the nun suggests maybe holy water as a weapon. :D

holy water doesn't work against zombies, it only works against.... vampires.

Oh please let there be vampires, preferably the same kind that are in John Carpenter's Vampires (that was a western kinda, right?).

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

ruddiger posted:

holy water doesn't work against zombies, it only works against.... vampires.

Oh please let there be vampires, preferably the same kind that are in John Carpenter's Vampires (that was a western kinda, right?).

Vampires are a dangerous game. You could ask for them imagining 30 Days of Night and end up with Twilight. I'd prefer not to go there at all. Maybe the holy water is got cleansing the zombie bite/scratch she got on her arm.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Maybe it's for performing Last Rites on some poor bitten fucker she's about to decapitate with that double-barrel. :clint:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Maybe she's thirsty.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Sir Spaniard posted:

Edit: I can't see it being a story Jack's written, if Abigail's a zombie.

I can, but maybe I'm the only one who thinks authors are utterly insane enough to put people that close to them into such roles.

or maybe it's purposefully-erroneous promo material

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Scarf posted:

Maybe she's thirsty.

loving love your avatar

rndm
Aug 31, 2001

:dukedog:
Rockstar answered some questions about the upcoming Nightmare pack:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/10061/asked_&_answered_undead_nightmare_edition.article

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

quote:

If you still aren’t compelled by our Weird Western take on Red Dead based on the screens, trailer and info released so far – we hope that the features we reveal in the coming weeks will do so and we would still urge you to give it a try come release day. When you see hordes of the undead moving across the plains, in an open world setting, you will experience something entirely unlike any other zombie game and that feels as much a part of classic American lore as the Wild West itself. We think putting zombies into a world that we, and we hope, you all, know and love really works as you already know the characters and the world - and to see them transformed by the undead horde is a big part of the fun and helps make zombies interesting as a theme.

I cannot wait until this comes ooooooooooooooooooooooout.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

No bow and arrow, plenty of weapons (the blunderbuss and torch are only two of that), and some other stuff. Yet no word on the new 'area' of the game.

And it takes place during the Rancher missions?

DeuceOhNegative
Dec 15, 2006
Modern-day chain-smoking ninja
Just had a fun happen.
Was going after the Dastardly achievement in Hennigan's Stead, laid down the lady on the tracks, train comes along, explodey goodness ensues.

Immediately after, a nun comes up and, "after hearing about my goodly deeds," asks for a donation. I gave her the donation, then shot her in the back of the head. I let her keep the money though.

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:
Ah, so it's gonna be an alternate final act. That's what I figured it would be, but not exactly what I had hoped it would be.

Still, the idea of hordes of zombies shambling over the desolate landscape just sounds so menacing. Zombie games really don't do menace.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Eggplant Ronin posted:

Ah, so it's gonna be an alternate final act. That's what I figured it would be, but not exactly what I had hoped it would be.

Still, the idea of hordes of zombies shambling over the desolate landscape just sounds so menacing. Zombie games really don't do menace.

I bought a bunch of adult diapers after watching the trailer because I know I'm gonna get the poo poo scared out of me multiple times.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Hopefully this will turn the Wreck of the Serendipity into something more awesome.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Finished the single player game last week, what a fantastic game! I can't really add much that everyone else hasn't said already.

I'm not really keen on multiplayer, but this new DLC pack sounds loving awesome :zombie:

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
All DLC in this game is multiplayer only right? I want some zombie action but I live in New Zealand so it's not gonna happen

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Veg posted:

All DLC in this game is multiplayer only right? I want some zombie action but I live in New Zealand so it's not gonna happen

This one seems to be heavily singleplayer

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Morter posted:

This one seems to be heavily singleplayer

Oh god I'm so excited for zombies now

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Veg posted:

They're mostly for multiplayer, but the Explosive rifle and Tomahawk also appear for purchase in singleplayer if you buy their respective DLCs. Not worth it if you're not planning on playing multiplayer though.

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

Cbouncerrun posted:

They're mostly for multiplayer, but the Explosive rifle and Tomahawk also appear for purchase in singleplayer if you buy their respective DLCs. Not worth it if you're not planning on playing multiplayer though.

The zombie DLC is singleplayer oriented, with a few things for multi. Zombie skins, probably new weapons. Hopefully a new mount (that's not a legendary).

The previous DLC's are pretty much just multiplayer addons though.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I am stupidly happy that they have the zombies as headshot only.

Well, headshot, explosive rifle, dynamite, fire bottle, torch, executions, etc, but HOT drat THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME!!!!

Man the wait for this is going to be loving horrible. If I had a job I would make sure to take the day off just to play it on release day. Guess there are good things about being unemployed :haw:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Sir Spaniard posted:

The zombie DLC is singleplayer oriented, with a few things for multi. Zombie skins, probably new weapons. Hopefully a new mount (that's not a legendary).

The previous DLC's are pretty much just multiplayer addons though.

They've also said there'll be a new multiplayer mode where you're fighting off waves of zombies.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
If valve is testing the water for some kind of full on zombie openworld game I'm a god drat happy person. Dead Rising is awesome, but I want Grand Theft Zombie.

Some people think zombies are played out. They are wrong. Zombies can never be played out.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I think zombies done in retarded ways are totally played out. I don't need any more "OMG WACKY ZOMBIES LOL!" games/movies. I'm done with those. Dead Rising 2 gets a pass cause it kind of started this trend in games. But stuff like this doesn't make me go "ugh zombies again?!?!" at all, because it looks like it's being done well. I would kill for a zombie mod in GTA IV as well, cause gently caress, that would be awesome.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I am stupidly happy that they have the zombies as headshot only.

Wait, where did you get the idea zombies are "headshot only"? I see the article as saying "one good headshot will take them out" but I'm still sure, or at least hoping, that non-headshot shotguns won't be ineffective against them...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Morter posted:

Wait, where did you get the idea zombies are "headshot only"? I see the article as saying "one good headshot will take them out" but I'm still sure, or at least hoping, that non-headshot shotguns won't be ineffective against them...

Well, maybe not ineffective. It'd be cool if it knocked em down and maybe stunned them for a moment, but I'm ok with headshots only to stop them entirely.

• Locked thread