Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PFCHudson
Mar 4, 2010

SMUG JERK POSTING ANECDOTAL ONE-LINERS
and having a blast...
Have they ever announced a date for the Undead yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

PFCHudson posted:

Have they ever announced a date for the Undead yet?

There's a new official trailer coming out tomorrow at Noon. Perhaps it'll have a release date attached? That'd be my guess.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
Ah crap. My gambling wins are in the toilet, where should I go to increase them quickly?

Also will unlocking the costumes carry over to different saves?

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Scarf posted:

There's a new official trailer coming out tomorrow at Noon. Perhaps it'll have a release date attached? That'd be my guess.

I believe someone leaked a release date of Oct 26th last week. Which makes sense. It's the Tues. before Halloween.

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:
I'm not too clear on this one requirement for saavy merchant: Do you just need to win $1000 in some way, or do you need to get that total winnings stat to $1000?

Spitshine
May 13, 2004
I may be bad, but I feel good.

Eggplant Ronin posted:

I'm not too clear on this one requirement for saavy merchant: Do you just need to win $1000 in some way, or do you need to get that total winnings stat to $1000?

It clearly says "total", goofball. So have won a cumulative amount.

Capn Beeb posted:

Ah crap. My gambling wins are in the toilet, where should I go to increase them quickly?

Also will unlocking the costumes carry over to different saves?

The easiest way to win at poker is to wear the Elegant Suit so you can cheat. Get the hang of cheating to manage high card hands. Fold anything you're not comfortable with, and play effective hands. If you're not so hot on your poker skills, just familiarize yourself (the googles) with what winning hands look like, and work with those. Fold anything you're not comfortable with, and play your strong hands. It's pretty foolproof, even if you're just an average player, like myself. When it gets down to 1-2 opponents, call/check the first couple turns to feel them out. At that point, they play very conservatively and will fold easily if you raise or bet too aggressively. The game slows down a bunch at that point, because the pot won't get too big unless the opponents have basically a surefire hand, so it'll be a lot of back and forth small pot wins until someone busts.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Darth Brooks posted:

A buddy and I could use some help tomorrow night. We've been trying to get the trophy for being most wanted for ten minutes and getting away. The problem isn't the lawmen, it's the idiots who decide to come over from the other side of the map to keep us from finishing this thing out.
Had a lot of fun gooning out with you guys and getting some posse points and trophies. Too bad I couldn't tell you in game. I even have the Dualshock PS3 keyboard but fat lotta good it does in a game that doesn't have a text chat or even gestures.

Would posse again. A++++

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Capn Beeb posted:

If you are good at the tapping of the thumbs, you can rake in $100 at a time from Five Finger Filet. Each game lasts about two minutes, so you can rake in some admirable dollaz in about an hour.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Best way to jack up your winnings: get into the high stakes poker at Blackwater. Due to a flaw I managed to score $800 in one round. Everybody kept bidding up and up until I won the hand and about eight grand. After that I kept at a few poker hands and Liar's Dice.

Remember Horseshoes, Five Finger Fillet, and Arm Wrestling counts. Just get that total stat up to $1000 and you're gold.

As for me, I finally got the Savvy Merchant suit. So I went about to Blackwater to do a save. On the way, I killed a snake by the road. I went, saved, and was on my way out where I find another snake. Killed, skinned..and that was it for me. After that, I had to hunt cougar.

Wreck of the Serendipity. I went there just to hunt and pass the time, and some random incident spawned (guy wanting help for his wife). We start to go up the hill and....COUGAR! Kills the guy, his horse, and my horse. I get up when it's circling and deadeye with dynamite.

Jesus Christ. Scarf's hellish relative vanishes with a loud bang. I skin my horse, the guy's horse, and search the guy. Happy that I managed to get Expert Hunter without putting foot in Tall Trees and I use a deed, get a new horse, and walk to the main road--

REVENGE COUGAR!

Mauls me once, goes to circle. Nine LeMat rounds split its head in two, sending it to hell. Skin it, get my horse, and go back to Blackwater (because I wanna). I get the suit, I save, and I go to Tall Trees.

SIX BEARS LATER. (coming at me in twos) The Evans Repeater shows them who is really master of the world. I skin them, save, and find that the Expert Hunter suit is awesome. Not only does it give you double what you hunt and skin, it makes you look like a really cheesy COBRA solder when you have the bandana on.

Best. Game. Ever. Now when I play I'm just going to hunt animals so I can save up in-game coin for Undead Nightmare. Good times.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Red Dead Redemption posted:

Jackalopes Skinned +1

Darn tootin' :clint:

Now to wait for Daedelus and Son to "finish". I did it on my endgame save, but not my newer "Before Beechers Hope" save. Speaking of which (endgame spoilers) How does Jack look in the new outfit(s)?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Morter posted:

Darn tootin' :clint:

Now to wait for Daedelus and Son to "finish". I did it on my endgame save, but not my newer "Before Beechers Hope" save. Speaking of which (endgame spoilers) How does Jack look in the new outfit(s)?

The Savvy Merchant I thought was going to look stupid, but it's really awesome.

Expert Hunter, however, looks loving radical. It could have been goofy, but it works on a very good level. That said, I'm really hoping Rockstar breaks down and gives us a Deadly Assassin/Solomon's Fally DLC sooner or later. It would be nice.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Robnoxious posted:

Had a lot of fun gooning out with you guys and getting some posse points and trophies. Too bad I couldn't tell you in game. I even have the Dualshock PS3 keyboard but fat lotta good it does in a game that doesn't have a text chat or even gestures.

Would posse again. A++++

Get a mic. Multiplayer is way better with one. You heard what we were able to do, getting things somewhat organized. I definitely want to do more of mutliplayer & large posse nights.

Spitshine
May 13, 2004
GODDAMNIT.

I'd been replaying the game as the dirtiest down low desperado I possibly can. I've been slow going on the campaign because there's so much other awesome stuff to do in this game (robbing banks and the ensuing shootouts are :clint: as gently caress) - By the time I started working with Seth, I amassed a loving $18,000 bounty, and was loving the desperado life. Get woken up in the middle of the night by packs of mounted bounty hunters with dogs. Ambushed out in the wild by US Marshals while I'm hunting. Dramatic bank robberies and getting completely surrounded by dozens of po-po while I make a stand that even Leonidas could appreciate. I was smug as gently caress.

...And then Seth makes me use a pardon letter to finish a mission.

Hard earned $18,000 bounty, gone because they wanted to teach the player how to use a pardon letter. I still can't believe it. My criminal streak was loving incredible until that point - over 350 law enforcement killed, dozens of kidnappings, horse-jackings, safes cracked, robberies, executions, animal slaughter, terrorizing townsfolk, extensive vandalism, train-borne shootouts, chicken kicking, bar room massacres... AHHHH :(

Spitshine fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Oct 13, 2010

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Spitshine posted:

GODDAMNIT.

I'd been replaying the game as the dirtiest down low desperado I possibly can. I've been slow going on the campaign because there's so much other awesome stuff to do in this game (robbing banks and the ensuing shootouts are :clint: as gently caress) - By the time I started working with Seth, I amassed a loving $18,000 bounty, and was loving the desperado life. Get woken up in the middle of the night by packs of mounted bounty hunters with dogs. Ambushed out in the wild by US Marshals while I'm hunting. Dramatic bank robberies and getting completely surrounded by dozens of po-po while I make a stand that even Leonidas could appreciate. I was smug as gently caress.

...And then Seth makes me use a pardon letter to finish a mission.

Hard earned $18,000 bounty, gone because they wanted to teach the player how to use a pardon letter. I still can't believe it. My criminal streak was loving incredible until that point - over 350 law enforcement killed, dozens of kidnappings, horse-jackings, safes cracked, robberies, executions, animal slaughter, terrorizing townsfolk, extensive vandalism, train-borne shootouts, chicken kicking, bar room massacres... AHHHH :(

Yeah this stuff is what Jack is for.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Darth Brooks posted:

Get a mic. Multiplayer is way better with one. You heard what we were able to do, getting things somewhat organized. I definitely want to do more of mutliplayer & large posse nights.
Yeah yeah, I know. First I gotta get resurrect a computer from the grave then I'll get a Bluetooth headset. It's not high on my priority list at the moment. But if any of you see "NoxiousAir" dinking around on PSN hit me up for RDR goodness, I'm always up for it. I'm DLCed up the wazoo.

We should have a Poker/Liar's Dice Night for shits and giggles.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

All of this outfit talk has me wondering; can you unlock the US Marshal outfit early? I mean I know you have to gain access to all of the US gang hideouts, but unless I'm forgetting something you should have seen them all by the time you gain access to Mexico, right? It's just a shame to have to wait so long for some of the best outfits in the game...too bad there isn't a New Game + that lets you use what you want to.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
URGH. How hard is the Jackalope to find? I saw one on a bounty mission and shot it. Problem was, I was disguised next to my bounty target and I was gunned down for shooting it.

EDIT: ^^^^^ Nope, despite being able to meet the requirements of the outfit you don't actually "discover" it until after the end of the game.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Cbouncerrun posted:

URGH. How hard is the Jackalope to find? I saw one on a bounty mission and shot it. Problem was, I was disguised next to my bounty target and I was gunned down for shooting it.

EDIT: ^^^^^ Nope, despite being able to meet the requirements of the outfit you don't actually "discover" it until after the end of the game.

Goddamnit. Oh well at least the Poncho is just around the corner.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Cbouncerrun posted:

I've already finished the game and 'found it along with a few rabbits just to the east of McFarlane's Ranch. It came out of nowhere and I just pegged it. Haven't seen one since.

Interesting fact: I got the Manifest Destiny achievement a while ago, and today I saw my first buffalo in a while! I shot it, but it's only because an NPC was going to kill it. Apparently this Hunting DLC might bring back Buffalo to hunt as well.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

I was outside of Rathskeller Fork looking for snakes when the Jackalope just showed up.

Also, I cannot find a cougar anywhere. I got this here dynamite ready to go and no cougars to throw it at. Where do I go to hunt the cougar?

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Hungryjack posted:

I was outside of Rathskeller Fork looking for snakes when the Jackalope just showed up.

Also, I cannot find a cougar anywhere. I got this here dynamite ready to go and no cougars to throw it at. Where do I go to hunt the cougar?

You don't hunt cougar,cougar hunts you.

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

Corzaa posted:

You don't hunt cougar, cougar comes out of nowhere, knocks you off your horse, runs away, comes back, kills your horse when you try to escape, runs away, comes back AGAIN, bats you around a bit when you're spinning in circles trying to stop it from sneaking up on you, and then kills you. From behind.

Fixed.

gently caress cougars.

BiscuitErsedRenton
May 28, 2006

Depression, boredom... You feel so fucking low, you want to fucking top yourself.

Spitshine posted:

GODDAMNIT.

I'd been replaying the game as the dirtiest down low desperado I possibly can. I've been slow going on the campaign because there's so much other awesome stuff to do in this game (robbing banks and the ensuing shootouts are :clint: as gently caress)

Never in the help did I ever see anything about robbing banks. Didn't even know you could do that.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Capn Beeb posted:

I don't think I have ever lost at Liar's Dice. The AI is not very good so you should be able to walk out with a fistful of dollars pretty quick.

BiscuitErsedRenton
May 28, 2006

Depression, boredom... You feel so fucking low, you want to fucking top yourself.
There is one mission where you play high stakes Liar's Dice at $200 a round. Not sure if that's always available but it seems to be the fastest way.

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:
The new trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeWGJ0aPwJw

Doesn't really reveal anything new plot-wise, but you get to see some new characters and the zombies in action.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Anyone else get excited when they saw "Herbert" on a tombstone?

Herbert Forth :saddowns:

Edit: vvv *Raises hand*

Morter fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Oct 13, 2010

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Morter posted:

Anyone else get excited when they saw "Herbert" on a tombstone?

Herbert Forth :saddowns:
Haha yeah, I wonder how many people went back to that point of the video.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I want the zombie bunnies to go for the throat kill like this:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Corzaa posted:

You don't hunt cougar,cougar hunts you.

Haha so true. Last night I was running around killing poo poo to get Vittles and a cougar jumps out at me. I put three rounds into his face, then walk up to skin him. I think for a second then go into Dead Eye and my wife goes "What the hell are you doing?" I turn around and put three more rounds into the face of the one that's just about to rear end rape me from behind and my wife goes :aaa:

And I'm all :clint:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Doctor Zero posted:

Haha so true. Last night I was running around killing poo poo to get Vittles and a cougar jumps out at me. I put three rounds into his face, then walk up to skin him. I think for a second then go into Dead Eye and my wife goes "What the hell are you doing?" I turn around and put three more rounds into the face of the one that's just about to rear end rape me from behind and my wife goes :aaa:

This is literally what bear hunting is like about every time there is a 10 second pause in the chaos.

I wish there was some jungle or wooded area where cougars spawned as frequently as bears do in Tall Trees.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Morter posted:

This is literally what bear hunting is like about every time there is a 10 second pause in the chaos.

I wish there was some jungle or wooded area where cougars spawned as frequently as bears do in Tall Trees.

No poo poo. Last night's six bear adventure was case in point.

I'm riding along and I meet up with some trapper who wants a challenge. I run away, get on my horse, and look to my right. Two bears, side by side, coming down at me. Deadeye plus Evans Repeater plus ten shots total to their heads. Down they go.

I see another bear off in the distance. Gun it down. Skin all three. Hear a roar.

Another loving bear behind me. Deadeye, Evans Repeater, three shots. Down it goes.

Then as I'm looking around two more intrude and start making roaring noises. Execute, call horse, run like hell to Marzanita Post. A lot of fun, but bears. Goddamn bears.

Edit: a good cougar spawn is by the mountains to the east or south of Rathskeller Fork around midday. I got ambushed by about ten of those sneaky bastards.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

I swear to god if something bad happens to Marshal Leigh Johnson in Undead Nightmare I'm gonna kill somebody.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Corzaa posted:

I swear to god if something bad happens to Marshal Leigh Johnson in Undead Nightmare I'm gonna kill somebody.

Again! :haw:

So even though the trailer didn't mention it, is the release still Oct 26?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
One time when I was capturing a bounty I lost 8 successive horses to bear attacks while bringing the guy back. It took an hour but by god I got him to jail alive. :clint:

Spitshine
May 13, 2004

Doctor Zero posted:

That's why dem wimmins needs to juss mind their manners while the men are DOING WORK :smug:

Party Plane Jones posted:

One time when I was capturing a bounty I lost 8 successive horses to bear attacks while bringing the guy back. It took an hour but by god I got him to jail alive. :clint:

This. It's unscripted and epic (in the classical sense) adventures like this that really spitshine an already wonderfully crafted experience.

BiscuitErsedRenton posted:

Never in the help did I ever see anything about robbing banks. Didn't even know you could do that.

Well, I'm still poking around with it, but I know for a fact that you can rob Armadillo's bank silly, and it's always fun. Doing it in the daytime through the front door with a sawed-off shotgun and bandit mask is always exciting, especially fighting off all the lawmen that try to thwart your plans. Sometimes it's easy pickins with the clerk being scared shitless with his hands in the air... But other times old Johnny Law security actually shows up for his shift behind the desk, and finds himself at his moment of truth on the business end of Marston's 8g doublebarrel. Some days, you just shoulda stayed in bed.

It's also fun to do it at night when the bank's closed. You take cover by a window and pull out your gun. Trigger it, and you'll bash the glass out with an elbow, exercising some good old fashioned B&E like a true miscreant. From there (provided nobody was alerted to your less-than-graceful entry), it's smooth sailing. Line them pockets, boys!

Spitshine fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Oct 13, 2010

Spitshine
May 13, 2004

Eggplant Ronin posted:

The new trailer:

Doesn't really reveal anything new plot-wise, but you get to see some new characters and the zombies in action.

I love the undead stallion at the end there! I don't even mind WHAT their explanation or tie in is for this expansion. It doesn't need one. Rockstar just knows what's loving awesome.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I reloaded an old save, and have 3 cheats on, Blazing guns, Invincibility, and Infinite Ammo.

I am dispensing flaming justice across the wild west, and lighting the truly evil and damned on fire.

If I think you might be evil, but I am not sure I go for the hand or leg. If you burst into flame and dance around, son you are going down (if you survive the flames, that is.)

The weirdest part was completely cleaning out armadillo (I am talking everyone, even horses dead) and ending up with a 1000$ bounty.

Herbert MMOOOOOOOOONNN went down, screaming how sorry he was about selling spoiled milk.

I love this game.

After that trailer, I think I am going to love it more. I was really surprised that they had the new lines from the voice actors and what looks like new movies as well. It's going to be freaking AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Eggplant Ronin posted:

The new trailer:

Haha Blame Washington!

Some things never change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucid Delusion
Dec 23, 2009

You're merely postponing the inevitable.
I finally hit level 20 yesterday. Went around and did all the hideout missions in onr sitting with a buddy of mine to rank up. Lots of fun. But we kept passing areas that needed the Liars and Cheats pack. Thinking I might have to get it now because playing again was so much fun, even just in a 2-man posse.

• Locked thread