Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Was a fix ever released for the freezing that you get when you try to run this on an old PS3? Reading all these awesome stories and not being able to play because the game freezes less than 5 minutes into itself is the most frustrating thing in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Spitshine posted:

This. It's unscripted and epic (in the classical sense) adventures like this that really spitshine an already wonderfully crafted experience.

I had a bounty in Bear Claw Camp and the guy took off down the hill, so I chase him, and before I could lasso him, these wolves come out and start biting his rear end. So I gun the wolves down, but he uses the opportunity to run off again. I call my horse and chase him down the road, and when I get there, a bunch of wolves come out and attack. So I fight off these, and of course, he's way the gently caress up the road again. I chase him down again, and by this time we're practically back up to that hunting cabin. I lasso him, and jump off my horse and another pack of wolves show up, so this time, I just shoot him in the back of the head and take off.

:doom: Wolves!

Lucid Delusion
Dec 23, 2009

You're merely postponing the inevitable.

Doctor Zero posted:

I had a bounty in Bear Claw Camp and the guy took off down the hill, so I chase him, and before I could lasso him, these wolves come out and start biting his rear end. So I gun the wolves down, but he uses the opportunity to run off again. I call my horse and chase him down the road, and when I get there, a bunch of wolves come out and attack. So I fight off these, and of course, he's way the gently caress up the road again. I chase him down again, and by this time we're practically back up to that hunting cabin. I lasso him, and jump off my horse and another pack of wolves show up, so this time, I just shoot him in the back of the head and take off.

:doom: Wolves!

Clearly that bounty just wasn't meant to be, but it makes one hell of a story.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

After that trailer, I think I am going to love it more. I was really surprised that they had the new lines from the voice actors and what looks like new movies as well. It's going to be freaking AWESOME!!!!!!!!

I knew it would be as soon as I heard about it. South(west)ern Gothic, killing zombies in your underwear, zombie bears, and they actually made a full mini-episode out of it instead of just tossing in zombies and ghosts and calling it a day.

So gently caress you, all you doubters who said that the "zombie thing" was played out.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
The last bit of that trailer sounds like a zombie from Half Life 2.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
My only issue with the Undead Nightmare pack is that it comes out the same day as Rock Band 3. I will be torn as to what to play first. :(

IXCE
Nov 27, 2007

It's time to take naps and eat yum yum...and I'm all outta yum.

fount of knowledge posted:

Was a fix ever released for the freezing that you get when you try to run this on an old PS3? Reading all these awesome stories and not being able to play because the game freezes less than 5 minutes into itself is the most frustrating thing in the world.

I didn't know about this problem. I'm using my roommate's PS3 which he bought around launch time and the game never froze on me once.

Some quick googling brings up that it might have to do with the game data becoming corrupt. It mentions to delete the game data but not your actual save data.

IXCE fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Oct 14, 2010

A Quiet American
Nov 5, 2008
I just realized I'm going to be on a plane flying away from my Xbox the day Undead Nightmare comes out. There is not a :negative: big enough to describe my feelings right now. I was counting on that download to clear the 2400 point mark so I could take advantage of Microsoft's promo this month, if I purchase it remotely from the Marketplace website it should still count, correct?

Lucid Delusion, you should definitely pick up Liars and Cheats if you're into the whole multiplayer thing. The new free roam hideouts are so/so, but the hunting grounds are a lot of fun if you enjoy killing animals (which you should). Although I'm usually opposed to buying skins/outfits, I do enjoy riding around as MacDougal while he shouts "I've a touch of the old jitters!" after planting a tomahawk in the back of someone's head. Also, riding around with the explosive rifle and using deadeye to one-shot people from a distance is incredibly satisfying. I am a man of principle, however; I only PK people who aren't clearing gang hideouts or who get mouthy after I blow them up.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Does anyone else have a problem with the textures on people dissapearing when you play Poker at Blackwater?(Not high stakes poker, just the table outside the saloon) I've even had the table dissapear too.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Oct 14, 2010

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Lucid Delusion posted:

Clearly that bounty just wasn't meant to be, but it makes one hell of a story.

Yeah the bounties can really be a wildcard, which is why they're so fun. The first bounty I ever attempted started at Hangman's Rock, I chased him (offroad) all the way to Rathskeller Fork, finally got him and hauled him back to Armadillo.

Another I did a while later, I was on the outskirts of Chuparosa riding up the hill. One of his buddies takes one last potshot at me, pegs the guy I'm hauling in the head, he falls off the horse and tumbles down the hill landing at the bottom. I killed him and his horse. Son of a bitch cost me $90.

Cattywampus
Oct 14, 2008

Corzaa posted:

You don't hunt cougar,cougar hunts you.

No poo poo, I just ran into one for the first time north of Hennigan's Stead. Before I knew what was happening my horse was dead, when it growled that's when I realized what the hell was going on.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, when you play John as a vindictive rear end in a top hat in the game, the "greetings" button basically turns into an insult button.

"You look like you come from a close family friend... AN INBRED FAMILY" has to be my favorite. Just because it's so loving... mean. Not only is he insulting the dude, he is making drat sure he knows that it's an insult by explaining it.

Only real :psyduck: moment so far was when I killed all the people in Armadillo (again), and the last son of a bitch standing did that "challenge to a duel" thing. I killed 23 law officers, 12 horses, 2 dogs, something like 25 civilians and most of them WERE ON FIRE from the bullets cheat. I walked through gunfire like it was just a spring rain, and threw dynamite at hookers running from me.

Yet this redneck fucker is gonna be the one to take me down :confused:

Famous last words..

CLIFTON LEDBETTER! REMEMBER MAH NAME!!!

I will dude. It's the name of the dumb fucker who challenged the man who wiped out a town single handedly to a duel, and lost horribly. Shot in both knees, one arm, and the balls, so you couldn't even crawl away very well.

And while this strange, slow, possibly handicapped man's blood is pooling in the street, the last thing he hears is :
:clint: I don't think you got any balls in them pants!

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

I cannot find a loving cougar anywhere and it's pissing me right off. Two evenings of searching and nothing to show for it.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Hungryjack posted:

I cannot find a loving cougar anywhere and it's pissing me right off. Two evenings of searching and nothing to show for it.

Hang around Rio Bravo. It didn't fail me in my, unbeknownst to me, master plan on getting my horse killed in under a minute after fast travelling there.

Glad I got to toss ya a dynamite suppository, ya bastards :argh:

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Holy poo poo, when you play John as a vindictive rear end in a top hat in the game, the "greetings" button basically turns into an insult button.

"You look like you come from a close family friend... AN INBRED FAMILY" has to be my favorite. Just because it's so loving... mean. Not only is he insulting the dude, he is making drat sure he knows that it's an insult by explaining it.

Only real :psyduck: moment so far was when I killed all the people in Armadillo (again), and the last son of a bitch standing did that "challenge to a duel" thing. I killed 23 law officers, 12 horses, 2 dogs, something like 25 civilians and most of them WERE ON FIRE from the bullets cheat. I walked through gunfire like it was just a spring rain, and threw dynamite at hookers running from me.

Yet this redneck fucker is gonna be the one to take me down :confused:

Famous last words..

CLIFTON LEDBETTER! REMEMBER MAH NAME!!!

I will dude. It's the name of the dumb fucker who challenged the man who wiped out a town single handedly to a duel, and lost horribly. Shot in both knees, one arm, and the balls, so you couldn't even crawl away very well.

And while this strange, slow, possibly handicapped man's blood is pooling in the street, the last thing he hears is :
:clint: I don't think you got any balls in them pants!

This is making me giggle like a loving schoolgirl.

There is only one way to play multiplayer: Eric Morgenson, atop Bonzo, using nothing but the Buffalo Rifle. Be sure to hit the talk button as you ram down people. Somehow screaming 'CHAAARGE!' in the Brian Blessed tradition while doing so is so very, very appropriate.

I'm not passing into Legend. There are many miles to go before Morgenson and Bonzo fade, and it's going to be filled with drunkenness, violence, bloodshed, and possibly trampled women and children.

Cattywampus
Oct 14, 2008

Hungryjack posted:

If it helps my encounter happened north of Hennigans Stead. I pretty much followed the Railroad tracks from McFarlane's Ranch north for several minutes, then got ambushed.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Morter posted:

Hang around Rio Bravo.

Let me try Rio Bravo... Hmm, nothing going on here. I'll just wait a little longOH GOD THERE ARE FOUR OF THEM!

I like the expert hunter outfit though :)

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

Hungryjack posted:

Do something else. Anything else. Only then, do they come.

Edit: Beaten by the very person I quoted. I guess waiting works too

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Back before the new outfits came out, I found snakes everywhere. Now I can't find any. Ugh.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
The savvy merchant outfit is pretty fun for playing Death Wish style.

:cop: Hey son wanna help me bring these guys in?

No dice :clint:

*shotgun headshots*

Also I really like starting a shootout in Blackwater and waiting out until the train arrives :3: OH GOD IS IT HERE YET I'M GONNA DIE choo chooooo~~~

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
OK, I'm apparently missing buying or selling from one Gun merchant and it is driving me up the wall. I hit Armadillo, Blackwater, Thieves Landing, Escalera and pretty sure Chuparosa. Which one did I miss?

Re: Cougars - Fort Mercer, which would be the Rio Bravo area, I guess. I will say that I actually saw that bastard before he saw me.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Capn Beeb posted:

Also I really like starting a shootout in Blackwater and waiting out until the train arrives :3: OH GOD IS IT HERE YET I'M GONNA DIE choo chooooo~~~

No, no, no, that's not how you're supposed to use the train, you're supposed to tie the entire town up and line 'em up on the tracks :colbert:

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Cbouncerrun posted:

Does anyone else have a problem with the textures on people dissapearing when you play Poker at Blackwater?(Not high stakes poker, just the table outside the saloon) I've ever had the table dissapear too.

Yes. It's happened once at Armadillo too. Creeped men out when it first happened and I was worried about my PS3 being fried.

I love the new thread title.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Darth Brooks posted:

I love the new thread title.

Best I could come up with in a short time. I suddenly realized this afternoon that this thread was the only thread in Games that didn't have a witty title. So I had to do something. I came up with this one and "Red Dead Redemption: Herbert Moon approved the thread title, but the mods didn't" (they changed the last one because it had the word "Jews" in it) but it was too long I guess.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

TheJoker138 posted:

Back before the new outfits came out, I found snakes everywhere. Now I can't find any. Ugh.

Try Sepulcro in Mexico. There are usually a couple of snakes there. They like graveyards for some reason(I don't think ones near towns like the Blackwater one will work though).

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

"I've got the knowledge!"

Well, it took me forever, but I finally got "Redeemed." It's glitched all to hell and gone as far as Social Club is concerned. The site showed me as needing Plata Grande to get my last .1% toward 100, but in the end I did all the others as they popped up and then it gave me Ojo del Diablo instead of Plata Grande. I was really concerned, but decided to go with it, and sure enough when I brought the bounty in I got the Achievement. Jesus was that fun. Now I've gotta get the two new outfits. I can't believe I took a break from this game.

Hey Beeb, let's posse up some time. I need to get gold on all of the Advanced Co-Op missions, as well as the achievement for finishing a mission with just 2 people.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Sorry for the stupid questions, but: a) Why my horse always wanders off whenever I dismount it, even when I slow down to a complete stop before doing so? b) Is there any way to hit hogtied people with punches/kicks or the knife? It seems that I can only reach them with guns.

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

Vis, not sure about b, but regarding a) The horse you have currently is a jerk.

Some horses are worse than others. They're all different. Some'll come straight to you when you whistle, some will run past you, let you get close, and then play keepaway, usually until you get fed up. Most will wander off at least a little once you get off.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I just got around to installing the hunter dlc, and i already had a bunch of the stuff unlocked but needed to kill the jackalope and the cougar with dynamite. So I head to rio bravo and this cougar runs up, i soften him up with two shots, trying to kill him and hoping to blast the revenge cougar, but then he runs off. So oh poo poo, there's this wounded cougar running around that I can no logner see who REALLY hates me now. I'm real edgy and so the first rustle in the grass i see I target with the dynamite in deadeye. Turns out it's the jackalope who I blast to kingdom come! Then 2 seconds later that cougar comes back and I blast him too! I love when things just come together.

edit: then find the revenge cougar laying down licking it's paws, sniped it. Felt secure so i got off the horse to skin the jackalope and cougars, then oh poo poo second revenge cougar! I got him but i'm getting the hell out of here before I end up dead.

davebo fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Oct 14, 2010

Spitshine
May 13, 2004
I may be bad, but I feel good.

davebo posted:

I just got around to installing the hunter dlc, and i already had a bunch of the stuff unlocked but needed to kill the jackalope and the cougar with dynamite. So I head to rio bravo and this cougar runs up, i soften him up with two shots, trying to kill him and hoping to blast the revenge cougar, but then he runs off. So oh poo poo, there's this wounded cougar running around that I can no logner see who REALLY hates me now. I'm real edgy and so the first rustle in the grass i see I target with the dynamite in deadeye. Turns out it's the jackalope who I blast to kingdom come! Then 2 seconds later that cougar comes back and I blast him too! I love when things just come together.

edit: then find the revenge cougar laying down licking it's paws, sniped it. Felt secure so i got off the horse to skin the jackalope and cougars, then oh poo poo second revenge cougar! I got him but i'm getting the hell out of here before I end up dead.

Haha! I love this game!

Earlier today, I woke up and decided to rob the bank in Armadillo (again; it's getting robbed like an old lady's trailer). It's night time and I've got my bandana on, crouched by the window. I throw an elbow and unceremoniously bust out the window and jump through. Two minutes later, I'm standing outside with fat pockets all :smug: and taking off my bandana, contemplating where to go next.

And then I hear a dog snarling reeeal close to me.

It's ol' Butch the Armadillo dog, and he's pissed. I wonder what it is? Eh, it's probably just some drunkard roughing up one of the ladies at the saloon. I turn and curiously walk towards where I hear the snarling dog, but it's just around the corner out of sight. As I'm turning the corner, the dog erupts in a flurry of pissed off barking, and two dark shadows dash right past me, knocking aside a metal bucket at my feet. One of them is definitely Butch, chasing what looks liiiike... a rabbit?? Tough to tell in the moonli--wait are those antlers? OH poo poo BUTCH IS CHASING MY JACKALOPE NO BUTCH WHAT'RE YOU DOING DONT KILL IT NOOOOOOO

Two Schofield .45 shots later, and ol Butch is hurt and scared... But alive. Poor bastard didn't know what in tarnation he was staring at, but he drat well knew that furry little antlered bastard wasn't right! I'll leave a note for the doc about giving Butch a look before I leave town. Hopefully the deputies were too drunk to notice the shots, and maybe the bloody, skinned animal twelve feet from Marshall Johnson's jailhouse will help explain a bit.

Who'd have thought? A jackalope running through the center of Armadillo being chased by one very loud and very pissed off old rottweiler at 3AM while I'm standing there on broken glass with my thumb in my rear end and freshly-robbed money falling outta my pockets. Okay. So it wasn't quite the professional grizzled hunter-in-a-tree-stand that I envisioned in my head, but gently caress it. I've got jackalope antlers sticking out of my saddlebags. So it'll do, John.

It'll do.

:clint:

Spitshine fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Oct 14, 2010

co199
Oct 28, 2009

I AM A LOUSY FUCKING COMPUTER JANITOR WHO DOES NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CYBER COMPUTER HACKER SHIT.

PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN TO MY FUCKING AWFUL OPINIONS AS I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

VisAbsoluta posted:

b) Is there any way to hit hogtied people with punches/kicks or the knife? It seems that I can only reach them with guns.

You can slit people's throats when they're hogtied - crouch next to them, pull out your knife and attack them. It'll do the close-up execution and you get to hear them gurgle!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Jesus...

I played through Chuparosa last night, much like I did Armadillo and Blackwater, meanin I rained hellfire bullets on the damned while blowing up random strangers with dynamite (hey, if the lord doesn't want em dead, he won't let the dynamite blow up... side note, he apparently wants a lotta people dead), and hhhoooolllyyy poo poo.

loving... dead mexicans everywhere. This is like a Lou Dobbs wet dream.

Squads of em would run in (women and men in ponchos, kinda odd) and there would be 6-10 to a squad instead of the usual 4 or so that would show up in Armadillo.

I also felt kinda retarded cause I learned that you can get up to the top of the building that is the sheriffs office. There is a bedroom hidden off in the back, and a ladder that leads up to the top of the tower.

It's not often you can climb on a 3 story rooftop, look down on a city and quote Ozymandias. Everything in that city was dead, nothing was spawning, and I had so many dead people that the corpses were vanishing before they hit the ground. Look upon my works ye mighty, and despair. I am become death, destroyer of worlds, and slayer of rear end in a top hat mexicans who cheat at poker.

The thing that started the whole "gently caress it, kill em all and let god sort of em out" rampage? I was playing poker, and this fucker laid down 4 aces, which is AMAZINGLY hard to do since I had an ace in my hand. I quit the game, and blasted him in both hands and the nuts with my revolver. Everyone went batshit, and about 4 hours later I had wiped out another town.

Mexico may be a shithole, but sometimes it's pretty fun.

It took about 5 mins of playtime just to have the telegraph guy read off the poo poo I was pardoned for when I used my letter :clint:

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

I hit a bear in the foot with dynamite last night (while in dead eye) and he kept coming :monocle:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Hungryjack posted:

I hit a bear in the foot with dynamite last night (while in dead eye) and he kept coming :monocle:

I hit one in between the eyes with a throwing knife and dropped him :clint:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Scarf posted:

Now THAT should have been the 8th level Hunter Challenge. :black101:

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Scarf posted:

Impressive!

Nowadays, singleplayer is nothing but me loving with nature. Expert Hunter outfit with bandana (looking so SPHINX it loving hurts) just capping the gently caress out of everything I see. Birds? Fair game. Wolves? Oh, you better loving believe it. Cougars? Yes. Bears? DOUBLE YES.

Over the course of 36 hours I have gotten $10,000 in-game dollars by going into Tall Trees and starting poo poo. I have capped twelve bears, numerous wolves, and the occasional cougar who just pisses me off. Boars? I blow up boars. Just because.

This game is still freaking awesome. And nothing is funnier when a bear turns to run and you shove an explosive round up its rear end. Let's see its friends come to its rescue NOW.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Impressive!

Nowadays, singleplayer is nothing but me loving with nature. Expert Hunter outfit with bandana (looking so SPHINX it loving hurts) just capping the gently caress out of everything I see. Birds? Fair game. Wolves? Oh, you better loving believe it. Cougars? Yes. Bears? DOUBLE YES.

Over the course of 36 hours I have gotten $10,000 in-game dollars by going into Tall Trees and starting poo poo. I have capped twelve bears, numerous wolves, and the occasional cougar who just pisses me off. Boars? I blow up boars. Just because.

This game is still freaking awesome. And nothing is funnier when a bear turns to run and you shove an explosive round up its rear end. Let's see its friends come to its rescue NOW.

Actually, nothing is funnier than dead-eyeing a songbird with the explosive rifle.

Ignorant Hick
Mar 26, 2010

http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/red-d...204142751500025

:siren: :zombie: New info on Undead Nightmare, don't think its been posted yet. :zombie: :siren:

Camping is no longer available, and the only way to save is to clear out a town of zombies to earn the safe house. Survivor rescue missions replace bounty missions for extra playtime.

Four horses of the Apocalypse confirmed as mythical creatures, each one having a special ability. War can set zombies on fire with its hooves, Pestilence and Famine have infinite stamina, and Death can explode zombie heads.

New weapons include, holy water bombs, zombie bait with an exploding variant, and the Blunderbuss uses zombie parts for ammo.

Oct 26 can't come fast enough.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Did Rockstar say anything about releasing Undead Nightmare in a standalone disc like Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Edit: ^^ there's no precedent for releasing $10 DLC as a standalone is there? It'd be interesting but doesn't seem very profitable.

That's a lot more stuff than I was expecting. Cannot wait for this!

• Locked thread