Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PeetsZahut
Jul 9, 2008
So I've been so caught up in Corgi that I haven't had a chance to post the newest little creature to my family.

Introducing Winston Furchill:

Sometimes he likes to hide under my bed

Sometimes he enjoys laying on the couch

More being awesome

Sitting on my feet instead of pooping

And destroying all things cat (toys)

Anyway, he's awesome and makes my heart melt. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006
My boyfriend bought me a forums account so we could spend more time together. On the internet.

PeetsZahut posted:

So I've been so caught up in Corgi that I haven't had a chance to post the newest little creature to my family.

Introducing Winston Furchill:

I love that name. :3:

Mecha-Tech
Nov 3, 2008
Well, I've gone and done it.

The wife and I have been talking on and off for the past six months or so about getting a dog, and through some trial and error, we settled on a Pembroke Corgi. Partially because my 2 year old carries around a stuffed Ein from Cowboy Bebop like no tomorrow, and partially because we a) Think Corgis are wicked awesome b) Corgis are very smart and c) Did I mention wicked awesome?

So, after some looking around the web, we found a woman listed on one of the National Corgi Association webpages who was only around two hours from us. After a nice conversation over the phone, she invited us out to 'meet the family' and see if a corgi was right for us (and to check out to see if we were right for the corgis!) She didn't have any available, but she did put us in contact with a breeder in Ft. Worth who had a retired 6 year old female who had done some dog shows and was looking for a good home.

We're going to be meeting the girl, named Belle, next week at a dog show. :)

Wish me luck! I might be joining the Corgi club, and I will definitely post pictures!

Edit: This is her about 4 years ago.

Click here for the full 844x704 image.

And here's a more recent one. I have no clue who the person is, but this is the dog.

Click here for the full 915x898 image.

Mecha-Tech fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Oct 11, 2010

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

You sound like you're definitely going about this the right way, great job! Have a picture of my parent's 7 year old corgi as a reward.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
So Butters the Pembroke is 14-15 weeks old now and is one of the best pets I've ever experienced. I'm worried though that he might be too small for whatever reason- my girlfriend took him to the vet yesterday and he's currently 12 pounds (and only one of his balls has dropped, but he tried to hump my noggin when I was on the floor last visit so at least I know they both work). Is he on track to hit the 25-30 pound range I've been hearing for adults, or have I stumbled upon some sort of new, toy Corgi mutant?

Obligatory pictures (this was at 12 weeks)-

EDIT: Bear in mind I have never had a non-adult pet much less a puppy (all the cats we had in my family were adopted :buddy:) so I'm looking for goon experience here, not the standard Pet Owner's Manual stuff.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Oct 15, 2010

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

C-Euro posted:

So Butters the Pembroke is 14-15 weeks old now and is one of the best pets I've ever experienced. I'm worried though that he might be too small for whatever reason- my girlfriend took him to the vet yesterday and he's currently 12 pounds (and only one of his balls has dropped, but he tried to hump my noggin when I was on the floor last visit so at least I know they both work). Is he on track to hit the 25-30 pound range I've been hearing for adults, or have I stumbled upon some sort of new, toy Corgi mutant?

Butters is a good dog name and he is adorable. Stout little paws :3:. I can't really speak for pembrokes, but that's around where Pip (male Cargi) was at that age, and he's 10.5 months and 32lbs right now, so I think you're good. If you want to see a tiny mutant, check the second video. She's 22 months and about 18 lb. Either way he'll be the size he needs to be :)

About a month ago we took our dogs to try and herd some sheep.
PIP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o08CXBDxhew

SNAPS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7ymTGzeRGw

Those were the last couple of minutes she was in there, which is why she just quit at the end. They only go in for 10 minutes at time because the lady said that's about how long they can go before they get overloaded.

Miss Indy
Nov 3, 2002

lu lu lu posted:

Butters is a good dog name and he is adorable. Stout little paws :3:. I can't really speak for pembrokes, but that's around where Pip (male Cargi) was at that age, and he's 10.5 months and 32lbs right now, so I think you're good. If you want to see a tiny mutant, check the second video. She's 22 months and about 18 lb. Either way he'll be the size he needs to be :)

PIP:

SNAPS:

Those were the last couple of minutes she was in there, which is why she just quit at the end. They only go in for 10 minutes at time because the lady said that's about how long they can go before they get overloaded.

Did you do this at Ewe-topia? I'm trying to find something closer than south sound to let Zeke herd something other than cats.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

Miss Indy posted:

Did you do this at Ewe-topia? I'm trying to find something closer than south sound to let Zeke herd something other than cats.

Yep. It was a bit of a drive since we're in Queen Anne/ SLU. They enjoyed it SO MUCH though so it was really worth it.

I have no idea where/what south sound is.

Mecha-Tech
Nov 3, 2008
Well, I drove up to meet the owner of Belle, the Corgi we may be bringing home. It was about a 2 hour drive for us, but we got to spend a couple of hours with her at a dog show. It took her a little while to get used to us, but we think she'll really fit in well out at our house. We were given the Corgi rundown, what with coat combing, diet, and to establish yourself as head of the pack otherwise she'll walk all over you.

Obligatory Picture!

Click here for the full 765x1024 image.

She's about six, like I said in my previous post, and aside from a few curls on her back right in between her shoulders that keeps her from being 'the perfect showdog,' according to the owners, she's great. We talked all the way home and chances are we're going to end up with a Corgi around the first weekend of November!

Addendum!

They were showing a Corgi pup at this show, too. Picture is to scale with my son's stuffed Corgi!

AWwwwww!

Click here for the full 807x1080 image.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

That puppy just makes me melt, desperately want a puppy, then remember the hell that was my family's corgi puppy and change my mind.

Take the whole "pack leader" thing with a grain of salt, dogs don't really work like that. Just be consistent, fair and understanding. They can be bossy but they're not trying to take over the world or your family. Even though she's not a puppy read the puppy thread for some great info. Also I can't recommend a good, positive training class enough for bonding with your new dog and really learning how to work together. Most even allow the whole family to participate which can be great for kids.

Miss Indy
Nov 3, 2002

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Take the whole "pack leader" thing with a grain of salt, dogs don't really work like that. Just be consistent, fair and understanding. They can be bossy but they're not trying to take over the world or your family. Even though she's not a puppy read the puppy thread for some great info. Also I can't recommend a good, positive training class enough for bonding with your new dog and really learning how to work together. Most even allow the whole family to participate which can be great for kids.

Yeah the pack leader thing is not really how these dogs work. You do have to be firm, but the best way to have things go well is to *really* work the NILIF method. Corgis love to work, love to please, and love FOOD. I often have them do strings of commands just to work them and keep fresh on their "tricks". In one succession I'll tell them- sit, high five, down, roll over, sit, play dead, kisses, go thru hoop. This isn't mean or anything, they actually really enjoy doing tricks as it always ends with a treat or a lot of praise.

Sometimes they will get uppity and be disobedient. They WILL walk all over you if you let them, but you gotta find ways to put your foot down so that doesn't happen.
Examples- my dogs are allowed one bark, I give a command "that's enough", if they bark again I shut them in a different room for about 15 seconds, then release them. They don't get another warning for around 15 minutes after that, if they bark again it's right back to the room for another 15 seconds. They test this CONSTANTLY, and will whine/grumble/sigh/huff and then look at me to see if they are going to get a reaction. They now know they can do all of those things, it's the bark that gets them removed from the situation. For the most part, they no longer need timeouts. However, if I get lazy about enforcing this, they quickly jump on it and will bark even after the quiet command. It takes a short time of really strict enforcement and they are back to following the command.

Another example is that I don't want them in the kitchen when I am cooking. They used to be constantly underfoot and it was causing real danger, so I used the command "out of the kitchen!" and they move and sit on the edge of the carpeting that leads to the kitchen. If they put so much as a paw on the tile, I give the command. If they don't move, I walk right up into them until they are at the line again. They don't even need that anymore, they just know to sit there and wait until I'm done in there and then they can check it out.

I try to not put them in situations where I know they will fail. If someone is out doing yardwork in view of the window, I put the dogs away so that they aren't going to have to be getting a ton of quiet commands and subsequent timeouts. If people are visiting that regularly encourage them to jump up, I put the dogs into an X-pen so that they aren't tempted. The more proactive you are, the less stressed out you'll be with handling unwanted behavior.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

lu lu lu posted:

Thanks, he's probably the best pet I've ever had. My GF and I met up at our alma mater for Homecoming and he never pooped in the hotel or barked at anyone. Apart from urinating a couple times when he got excited to see people (outside, luckily) he was perfect. It's a shame he stays with my girlfriend (but fingers crossed that we'll be moving in together next year). Also yes, that Butters. It's always weird introducing him to adults who have no idea where the name comes from :v:

Miss Indy posted:

Sometimes they will get uppity and be disobedient. They WILL walk all over you if you let them, but you gotta find ways to put your foot down so that doesn't happen.

I laughed because this is actually something I do to play with Butters- I'll lay on the floor and he'll come charging over, furiously sniffing me and climbing over my face :3:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

C-Euro posted:

I laughed because this is actually something I do to play with Butters- I'll lay on the floor and he'll come charging over, furiously sniffing me and climbing over my face :3:

Taziki goes nuts doing this, to the point where it could be dangerous because if you hide your face she might claw it trying to dig it out. It's really funny though to say "Where's Momma?" and she'll spring up and bounce all over my girlfriends head.

Bizkitty
Sep 23, 2008

Lieutenant Shit Factory

Miss Indy posted:

Yeah the pack leader thing is not really how these dogs work. You do have to be firm, but the best way to have things go well is to *really* work the NILIF method. Corgis love to work, love to please, and love FOOD. I often have them do strings of commands just to work them and keep fresh on their "tricks". In one succession I'll tell them- sit, high five, down, roll over, sit, play dead, kisses, go thru hoop. This isn't mean or anything, they actually really enjoy doing tricks as it always ends with a treat or a lot of praise.

Examples- my dogs are allowed one bark, I give a command "that's enough", if they bark again I shut them in a different room for about 15 seconds, then release them. They don't get another warning for around 15 minutes after that, if they bark again it's right back to the room for another 15 seconds. They test this CONSTANTLY, and will whine/grumble/sigh/huff and then look at me to see if they are going to get a reaction. They now know they can do all of those things, it's the bark that gets them removed from the situation. For the most part, they no longer need timeouts. However, if I get lazy about enforcing this, they quickly jump on it and will bark even after the quiet command. It takes a short time of really strict enforcement and they are back to following the command.

Another example is that I don't want them in the kitchen when I am cooking. They used to be constantly underfoot and it was causing real danger, so I used the command "out of the kitchen!" and they move and sit on the edge of the carpeting that leads to the kitchen. If they put so much as a paw on the tile, I give the command. If they don't move, I walk right up into them until they are at the line again. They don't even need that anymore, they just know to sit there and wait until I'm done in there and then they can check it out.

I try to not put them in situations where I know they will fail. If someone is out doing yardwork in view of the window, I put the dogs away so that they aren't going to have to be getting a ton of quiet commands and subsequent timeouts. If people are visiting that regularly encourage them to jump up, I put the dogs into an X-pen so that they aren't tempted. The more proactive you are, the less stressed out you'll be with handling unwanted behavior.

Thanks for all the training info. My husband and I have had our 7 month old Corgi for 3 months now and she really caught onto the kitchen training, but the bark training has been a bit tough. I think I'm going to try the way you do it :)

Bizkitty fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 19, 2010

Miss Indy
Nov 3, 2002

Bizkitty posted:

Thanks for all the training info. My husband and I have had our 7 month old Corgi for 3 months now and she really caught onto the kitchen training, but the bark training has been a bit tough. I think I'm going to try the way you do it :)

Make sure when you do this that you do not add ANY extra talking. When the pup violates the no bark rule, you just walk them straight to the other room and shut them in there. So it goes-

*bark* That's enough. *bark* Too bad. (walk them silently to other room, shut door, wait 15 seconds, open door)

Any other barks within about 10-15 minutes do not get warnings. You jump in with this step-

*bark* Too bad. (walk them silently to other room, shut door, wait 15 seconds, open door)

Rinse and repeat for however long they bark. They often get frustrated and might refuse to walk but you put them right in that room. In the beginning they may need a helluva lot of timeouts, but they WILL get the connection. My dogs already are walking to time out room when I say "too bad" now. Oh, and don't open the door if they are barking on the other side. You only reward them with coming back out when they have been quiet for a few seconds.

Bizkitty
Sep 23, 2008

Lieutenant Shit Factory

Miss Indy posted:

Make sure when you do this that you do not add ANY extra talking. When the pup violates the no bark rule, you just walk them straight to the other room and shut them in there. So it goes-

*bark* That's enough. *bark* Too bad. (walk them silently to other room, shut door, wait 15 seconds, open door)

Any other barks within about 10-15 minutes do not get warnings. You jump in with this step-

*bark* Too bad. (walk them silently to other room, shut door, wait 15 seconds, open door)

Rinse and repeat for however long they bark. They often get frustrated and might refuse to walk but you put them right in that room. In the beginning they may need a helluva lot of timeouts, but they WILL get the connection. My dogs already are walking to time out room when I say "too bad" now. Oh, and don't open the door if they are barking on the other side. You only reward them with coming back out when they have been quiet for a few seconds.

Thanks for the help. I'll start this ASAP and will report back with an update. Thanks!!!

Chompsky Honk
Aug 28, 2009

by T. Finninho

lu lu lu posted:

PIP:

SNAPS:

Hey! My fiancée and I have a 19 lb little girl who just turned 2 and she's no mutant! She was just the runt of the litter (only girl), and was small even when we picked her out. Leia is no mutant.

Click here for the full 1296x968 image.

Click here for the full 1296x968 image.

Click here for the full 968x1296 image.

Click here for the full 960x640 image.

Click here for the full 968x1296 image.

angrykid
Apr 9, 2006

My puppy progeny will prove themselves well-trained, classy, and dignified.
Guys, check out this Hong Kong Exclusive fully posable special edition GUNDOG.

Wonder Bra
Jan 5, 2008

always in another castle
Wow, I had no idea there were so many corgi-owning Goons in WA! My husband and I are planning to adopt a corgi from Brookehaven Corgis on Whidbey Island in a few weeks. We've been in contact with Kathi, the owner of Brookhaven and the corgis since early September-- we happened to email her a few days after their one litter this year had been born!

So far all signs point toward Brookehaven being reputable, and the adoption process has been great-- we had to fill out an application of sorts about how we could meet the needs of the dog and why we wanted the breed, and so on. She's been sending us weekly photos of the pups and making sure we know how to prepare.

Here are some of the photos of the litter, which appear to be red/white and sable. Do their colors lighten as they get older, or will the red/white pups be a darker sable color than some I've seen? [Edited because I originally asked about sable pups when I meant red/white.]

24 hours old:

10 days old:

14 days old:

5.5 weeks old:

I am loving the sable pup with the sad eyes and diamond shape on his forehead.

We recently bought a house in Wallingford, with a sizeable yard that we are puppy-proofing. I work from home, so I hope to be able to tend to the little one as often as he/she needs.

We also have a 10/11-year-old cat named Rupert who is a total love to all of us, but will probably despise the dog. We're hoping that it's smaller than him will make the transition easier, but I'm worried it won't. I know to go slow, but I hate to think that he'll feel we've somehow betrayed him. (Not that anyone can understand what cats think.)

Anyway, I've read the Puppies thread and I'm looking forward to training the little one. Thought I'd check in to say hi and ask if you have any general corgi pup advice. Yay. :)

Wonder Bra fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 28, 2010

Miss Indy
Nov 3, 2002

Brookehaven is amazing, I'm so happy a fellow goon is getting a pup from Kathi! My pem isn't from her kennel, but she's been such a great source of information and support throughout my dog's life. You haven't seen Kathi til you've seen her at a picnic with about 11 corgis, all under her every command :) She will name them off by name and tell them to go into an x-pen, and a huge mass of corgi just runs right in like they're told!

Were I to get another pem, I'd almost certainly go with one of Kathi's pups. Congrats on your new baby!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
This is Scooter:

And this is Izzy:

Scooter is a little eccentric but my best bud forever and Izzy is the sweetest thing ever and does this adorable little pounce thing when she's hunting small moving things. Wish I had a pic of our first corgi Molly who was basically a queen (literally, not figuratively).

Fun fact: Scooter used to be named Couder until we figured out the reason everyone reacted strangely to this is because they thought we were saying something else.

omgmypony
Oct 5, 2005

wii wii wii wii wii wii wii
I've heard of animals named Cooter before. One of the front desk girls at a shelter I used to work at would name the occasional animal Cooter. When I found out it was her doing it I gave her a hard time about it, and she was all "blah blah Dukes of Hazard". Had a nice (female) Plott hound turned in under the name of Cooter Brown, too.

Bizkitty
Sep 23, 2008

Lieutenant Shit Factory

angrykid posted:

Guys, check out this Hong Kong Exclusive fully posable special edition GUNDOG.

That was awesome!

Wonder Bra
Jan 5, 2008

always in another castle

C-Euro posted:

So Butters the Pembroke is 14-15 weeks old now ...

Ha! We were planning to name our corgi "Butter" because "Butter makes everything better," but our friends thought we should name it Butters instead. Now I'm leaning toward Widget.

It's funny to see that someone else in PI has a cat named Rupert, too.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

My Mom is watching Taziki for the week for Halloween because my Mom goes crazy and will get trick or treaters and will have a blast hanging out there. Anyway, she sends me this picture and I don't know why but I just can't stop laughing at it.

Like welcome to Taziki's house of terror!

Miss Indy
Nov 3, 2002

People don't believe me when I say that Zeke howls, but tonight I finally got around to taking video of it-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysrRMF3lOi8

Bizkitty
Sep 23, 2008

Lieutenant Shit Factory
I'm curious, what food do you recommend for a corgi? My husband and I have had our cardigan, Laika for two months now and we have her on Science Diet Puppy formula with a scoop of plain yogurt added into her am feeding and a daily puppy vitamin . The family we got her from fed their corgi's Diamond dog food but we weren't able to locate a retailer that sold that particular brand. We were curious what our fellow goons were feeding their corgi's. Any suggestions?

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Bizkitty posted:

I'm curious, what food do you recommend for a corgi? My husband and I have had our cardigan, Laika for two months now and we have her on Science Diet Puppy formula with a scoop of plain yogurt added into her am feeding and a daily puppy vitamin . The family we got her from fed their corgi's Diamond dog food but we weren't able to locate a retailer that sold that particular brand. We were curious what our fellow goons were feeding their corgi's. Any suggestions?

Science Diet is pretty terrible, check out the pet nutrition thread for better choices. My parent's corgi gets Natural Balance LID and my non-corgi gets Taste of the Wild.

Bizkitty
Sep 23, 2008

Lieutenant Shit Factory

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Science Diet is pretty terrible, check out the pet nutrition thread for better choices. My parent's corgi gets Natural Balance LID and my non-corgi gets Taste of the Wild.

I figured Science Diet wasn't that great, and I've been meaning to check out the "pet nutrition thread" but was curious as to what food is recommended for corgi's specifically. Thanks for the info!!!

I have a 20 year old cat that has ate nothing but science diet her whole life so I figured having our corgi Laika on it for a month or so when we could figure out the best puppy food for her wouldn't hurt.

Wonder Bra
Jan 5, 2008

always in another castle
Our cat is on Science Diet Rx for urinary crystals (which I'm guessing years of REGULAR Science Diet gave him before I knew any better and tried to switch him to something GOOD only to have his bladder self-destruct). He's also not a big jumper or particularly agile... What's the best way to keep the corgi from eating his food aside from putting the food somewhere high up?

The cat isn't free-fed, he gets 1/4 cup dry in morning and evening... but he doesn't eat it all at once. I suppose there's a small chance the corgi won't be interested in his kibble (hah) but any advice would be appreciated. :)

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Wonder Bra posted:

Our cat is on Science Diet Rx for urinary crystals (which I'm guessing years of REGULAR Science Diet gave him before I knew any better and tried to switch him to something GOOD only to have his bladder self-destruct). He's also not a big jumper or particularly agile... What's the best way to keep the corgi from eating his food aside from putting the food somewhere high up?

The cat isn't free-fed, he gets 1/4 cup dry in morning and evening... but he doesn't eat it all at once. I suppose there's a small chance the corgi won't be interested in his kibble (hah) but any advice would be appreciated. :)

We built a plywood-and-plexi box for our cat's food and water dishes, and cut a cat-sized hole in it at ground level. No jumping required. A corgi should be large enough to not be able to get into the box through the opening.

When my sister's Aussie was a puppy she would lay down on the floor in front of it and stick her head as far in through the opening as she could, then stretch her tongue out to collect any stray cat-kibbles within reach :3: These days she can't even get her head in the hole.

Bizkitty
Sep 23, 2008

Lieutenant Shit Factory

Wonder Bra posted:

We have 2 dogs, a Carin and a Corgi and 4 cats and have found that if we put ANY FOOD down low, human or cat, BOTH dogs will find a way to get at it. We have resorted to placing the cat food high up on the cat condo we have and that seemed to solve the problem. Although, the cats love to grab a mouth full, jump off of the condo and then spit the food out of their mouth onto the floor and eat it there at times.

Strange little creatures :tinfoil:

Ranccor
Mar 14, 2009

Queen of the net.
I set a pizza box down on the top of a dresser after my neighbor knocked and after talking to him for a short time went to eat my pizza and it was gone. Box, pizza, just gone. No torn bits no nothing. My corgi Daisy jumped from the bed to a chair to the dresser then hid the box somewhere. I had to find it by smell after two weeks. She didn't even manage to get any pizza.

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
I've been feeding Ace wellness since he was a pup and we're both very happy with it. Wellness Just for Puppy when he was a youngin, and now Wellness Core or occasionally Super 5 Mix if Core isn't to be had. Ace likes to eat it by taking the individual kibbles out of his bowl, tossing them around the room and chasing them but he's a tard. In any case, I've been really happy with this food as Ace is a perfect weight, is super active and happy, and doesn't have any digestive or allergy issues. Every vet he's seen has commented on how healthy he is and how nice it is to see a corgi that isn't a total sack of lard.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Taziki is completely un-Corgi with her eating habits. She gets bored of food pretty fast and we've bounced around several different kinds. We even started melting peanut butter on her kibbles on select meals and she got sick of THAT after a couple of days.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

The Dave posted:

Taziki is completely un-Corgi with her eating habits. She gets bored of food pretty fast and we've bounced around several different kinds. We even started melting peanut butter on her kibbles on select meals and she got sick of THAT after a couple of days.

We used to have problems with Snaps eating when she was a puppy. She knew if she held out we would get worried and baby her. Which meant more attention for her at mealtimes and new and exciting food. Also, in mind that the guide on the back of the bag is often an over-estimation.

We got strict and she eats better now. Also, I think we found a food that she especially loves - Orijin Six Fish. It stinks so bad. We have to make sure to feed the dogs separately because she will eat his kibble if she gets the chance.

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
When I get worried Ace isn't eating I use his kibble as treats for doing tricks and things like that. I get him SUPER EXCITED and hold it in my hand so he can't see what I have and then BAM kibble treat. He's too busy being happy he's got ~a treat~ for doin good he doesn't know I just fooled him into working for something he has a huge pile of in his bowl.

Bizkitty
Sep 23, 2008

Lieutenant Shit Factory

Tristesse posted:

When I get worried Ace isn't eating I use his kibble as treats for doing tricks and things like that. I get him SUPER EXCITED and hold it in my hand so he can't see what I have and then BAM kibble treat. He's too busy being happy he's got ~a treat~ for doin good he doesn't know I just fooled him into working for something he has a huge pile of in his bowl.

My god, if ONLY my corgi was a picky eater! Her favorite is an occasional kitty turd so you can see what we have to deal with. Yuck!

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

Bizkitty posted:

My god, if ONLY my corgi was a picky eater! Her favorite is an occasional kitty turd so you can see what we have to deal with. Yuck!

Pip is not so much picky as he is selective. He only eats herbivore and goose poop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonder Bra
Jan 5, 2008

always in another castle
New puppy pics! These are the three available boys (one is spoken for, not pictured):

I love the fluffy top pup and the eye markings on the bottom one. And the middle guy looks like he has an attitude!

I'll post photos of the two girls once she sends me individual shots. :)

• Locked thread