Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Universe Master posted:

Ugh, trying for cougar with dynamite leads to triple cougar rear end rape.

Use Dead Eye to peg them. It's a bit of a pain to mark them without a reticule, but after you do, the Dynamite turns into a heat-seeking missile that explodes on impact, making dynamiting cougars much easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
It's odd. I can kill every mother's son in a town and slow mo shot people with the rolling rock rifle and see the carnage up front and personal not giving a drat at all... but you have me galloping down a road and stepping on a rabbit and hearing that squeak/snap/squeal and :gonk:

I literally go from :haw: to :smith: when that happens. No other time in the game world do I give half a rats rear end about anything, but drat if I accidently kill something I feel lovely.

Also nthing the support for a prequel to RDR set with Dutch's gang. That would be amazing.

The only real worry I have is that the single player experience on the UN DLC will be short :ohdear:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
So it seems that there is a gun set 4 that you can only unlock with a modded save.

It adds the LeMat among other guns :argh: Why is there no game+, rockstar :mad:

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

It's odd. I can kill every mother's son in a town and slow mo shot people with the rolling rock rifle and see the carnage up front and personal not giving a drat at all... but you have me galloping down a road and stepping on a rabbit and hearing that squeak/snap/squeal and :gonk:

I literally go from :haw: to :smith: when that happens. No other time in the game world do I give half a rats rear end about anything, but drat if I accidently kill something I feel lovely.

Also nthing the support for a prequel to RDR set with Dutch's gang. That would be amazing.

The only real worry I have is that the single player experience on the UN DLC will be short :ohdear:

To be fair, Dutch does talk of 'revolution.' And since the title of this game had the theme of redemption, could it be that a sequel would be a prequel featuring Dutch? He must have been young during the Civil War.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I would like the sequel to feature Irish or Landon Ricketts. Actually, I would have like to seen Irish as the main character in Undead Nightmare. He's nervous/courageous enough to have an interesting reaction to being surrounded by zombie hordes. Hearing "fek, zombies" would be funnier than anything John Marston would say.

I would like to get a posse together again this Sunday night about 7 pm central. Two of the trophies are going through all the game hideouts in one session and going through Tesoro Azul and Nosalida without getting killed (at least I remember that being a trophy).

I figure with a large posse we could knock those out fast and maybe do some other stuff like races or co-op.

psn: darthbrooks

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Oct 16, 2010

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Dr Geek posted:

Where can I find the Legendary Jackalope? Also, is there a way to track which Gunsmiths you have or haven't sold something to? Social Club?

I downloaded the update, got on my horse after I broke camp and saw a Jackalope 7 feet away from me.

:chord:

Capn Beeb posted:

So it seems that there is a gun set 4 that you can only unlock with a modded save.

It adds the LeMat among other guns :argh: Why is there no game+, rockstar :mad:

Use a man's gun. Double Action 420 everyday.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

fennesz posted:

Use a man's gun. Double Action 420 everyday.

I can kill three more things before you gotta reload I have a loving shotgun on my revolver.

Your move :colbert:

I wish you could use the shotgun on it :(

The double action goes fairly well with the merchant outfit though.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

I decided to try out online gambling last night and wound up playing Liar's Dice with the best group of people. We were talking poo poo to each other and making movie references all night long. I feel like this is how it was meant to be.

Spitshine
May 13, 2004
I may be bad, but I feel good.
I just saw the guy playing fetch with his dog. I ran up and shoved him on his rear end, and then his dog tried to bite me. I kicked his dog, and the man pulled out a rifle and started to shoot at me. Good thing I took cover, because the police ran up and shot the man seven times. After the shooting, the cop said "Oh, how are you, Marston?" Now the man is dead, his dog is homeless, and I'm all :smug:

Another hilarious thing to do is to shoot your Explosive Rifle in real time, but near somebody (so they don't explode), and then immediately go into Deadeye so you can see the ragdoll reacting and watch the 300-esque special slow mo action stunts

Bonus points if you shoot them (explodey) while they're dramatically spinning in the air from the first explosion :haw:

Spitshine fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Oct 16, 2010

War Pig
Nov 14, 2007

Civilization is crumbling.
So I've been playing around post-game, roleplaying "US-Marshall trapped in hostile Mexico" and all this stuff when I ended up getting arrested and lost all my $11,000.

C'est la vie. :(

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yesterday, I went out hunting, in the new hunter outfit. For half an hour, I slaughtered everything in Tall Trees, getting double the amount of stuff for it. I had something like 150 wolf skins, 50 bear skins, and a bunch of bighorn and elk skins. Then, I take aim at another bear, and as I look at him, I'm knocked down from behind by a different bear I hadn't seen, and am quickly mauled to death. I respawn, losing...everything...

Grieving Achilles
Apr 13, 2010

TheJoker138 posted:

Yesterday, I went out hunting, in the new hunter outfit. For half an hour, I slaughtered everything in Tall Trees, getting double the amount of stuff for it. I had something like 150 wolf skins, 50 bear skins, and a bunch of bighorn and elk skins. Then, I take aim at another bear, and as I look at him, I'm knocked down from behind by a different bear I hadn't seen, and am quickly mauled to death. I respawn, losing...everything...

Wait, you lose everything when you die? Are you talking about multiplayer or singleplayer? B/c I didn't think you could skin things in multiplayer...

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

I can kill three more things before you gotta reload I have a loving shotgun on my revolver.

Your move :colbert:

I wish you could use the shotgun on it :(

The double action goes fairly well with the merchant outfit though.

Use the double-tap Dead Eye method to reload broseph. It's like the fuckin' RTT CQB man is living in the body of John Marston, 1911.

Grieving Achilles posted:

Wait, you lose everything when you die? Are you talking about multiplayer or singleplayer? B/c I didn't think you could skin things in multiplayer...

He probably means he didn't save. It's a pain in the loving rear end getting stuck in an animation and losing a lot of saved progress. It happened to me last night as a matter of fact.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

TheJoker138 posted:

That's why I make an effort to hunt/wait for bears with me saddled on my horse (The Kentucky Saddler goes well with the Expert Hunter). That way once I get ambushed, I immediately go into the Back menu and use a new horse deed. New Horse and Autosave, you backstabbin' jerks.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

fennesz posted:

Use the double-tap Dead Eye method to reload broseph. It's like the fuckin' RTT CQB man is living in the body of John Marston, 1911.

Reloading is part of the fun :ocelot:

Also it seems that the "Get arrested north of the ranch when the HUD reads Talls Tree" glitch was restored. I cleared my cache and started a new game, got the lasso, saved, did the glitch and got the standardbred. Then I got to thinking.

:ohdear: I forgot tomahawks! But installed the patch!

Go back up the mountain for some drat reason

"Tall Trees"

:aaaaa:

I've done up to the breaking horses mission, and I've got all guns (including my precious lemat thanks to a modded options.sav), legend of the west outfit, best horse, all kinds of silly going on :D Also with the standardbred, you can clear the gap from Elizabeth to Thieves' Landing :sicknasty:

Spitshine
May 13, 2004
Oh poo poo, you can clear that? That's boss as gently caress. Also, for all you people trippin on losing progress due to <event>, just do like that dude up there said - hit a horse deed in your inventory because it forces a save. Rooks. Also, Hunter outfit owns, hunting owns (more), I run out of Buffalo Rifle bullets in Tall Trees :tipshat:

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
drat this game! I'm stuck at 99.7% completion. I'm not even the kind of person who goes out of their way to complete everything, but every time I'd accomplish something, I'd just go 'oh hey, there's another outfit here! Might as well go armwrestle a bit and earn it...' and before you know it, I'm right on the threshold of 100%.

The real bitch is that to get the .3% that I need, I have to do bounties. It's not how MANY bounties you complete, it's the LOCATIONS that are assigned that matter. And it's been one royal bitch. I hung out in Chuparosa a while, and I poo poo you know, I got a 7 streak of bounties in Laguna Borrega.

To get 100%, you have to get 8 locations in Nuevo Paraiso, 8 in New Austin, and 4 in West Elizabeth, right? Guess the only thing to do is try Escalera and Presidio and see if they offer different locations...

Spitshine
May 13, 2004

quote:

bounties :words:
IIRC, you just have to do the character bounties until there's only ? generated bounties.

Goonfirm/Deny?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Spitshine posted:

Oh poo poo, you can clear that? That's boss as gently caress. Also, for all you people trippin on losing progress due to <event>, just do like that dude up there said - hit a horse deed in your inventory because it forces a save. Rooks. Also, Hunter outfit owns, hunting owns (more), I run out of Buffalo Rifle bullets in Tall Trees :tipshat:

Yeah, go to the system tab, memory, highlight hard drive and hit Y. Then hit clear cache. It'll clear all the title updates you've got stored. At least now I don't have to do that to use the Tall Trees glitch anymore.

The things I do for pretty ponies good lord :gay:

Also I just did Justice In Pike's Basin with the explosive rifle :laffo:

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Spitshine posted:

IIRC, you just have to do the character bounties until there's only ? generated bounties.

Goonfirm/Deny?

I think that's about right, actually. The guide said I needed 8 NA, 8 NP and 4 WE, but I had like 8,7,5 at the end, so there's some variety there.

Also, it turns out that you can return to old missions and play through them through the menu. So if you've completed everything and are stuck with Jack, you can just select an old John mission and revert the game back to that point. I don't think any of your progress will be saved though, but it's nice to hear John's voice again. .

One more thing - I'm currently in Korea (on a korean xbox, korean copy of the game, etc), and I'm not sure how the hell regions affect DLC. I was able to get the free multiplayer pack, but it won't let me download any of the other free DLCs. Any idea if this'll open up? Can't find any region info on the rockstar site.

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Oct 17, 2010

Spitshine
May 13, 2004
^ at first I interpreted that as that you were in the Korea region of RDR, and I wondered how I loving missed that the first playthrough.

(:negative:)

The good news for you?

Rockstar posted:

Also coming soon, Undead Nightmare, a single, stand-alone disc that bundles together for the first time ever, the Undead Nightmare Pack, the Outlaws to the End Co-Op Mission Pack, the Legends and Killers Pack, the Liars and Cheats Pack and all the Multiplayer Free Roam modes released to date. Undead Nightmare will be available at retail stores everywhere for $29.99/£24.99/€29.99 and does not require a copy of Red Dead Redemption to play.

HTH :cheers:

Spitshine fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Oct 17, 2010

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
^ Nice! Now I just have to hope that any of the drat stores around here will actually carry the loving thing. The 360 selection this side of the world is less than ideal.

Spitshine
May 13, 2004
^ They said "everywhere", and you're somewhere, so that must count in everywhere :colbert:

I will pray for you :(

A Quiet American
Nov 5, 2008

McKilligan posted:

I think that's about right, actually. The guide said I needed 8 NA, 8 NP and 4 WE, but I had like 8,7,5 at the end, so there's some variety there.
I was in the exact same boat, where the last few things I needed for 100% were the bounty locations. I had missed most of the locations in Mexico, apparently between New Austin and West Elizabeth I just decided I'd had enough of bounties for some reason.

I also did all of the herb gathering challenges at once. I uh, don't recommend that. How could they not have the Undead Nightmare standalone in Korea? Surely Koreans must hate zombies and desire to kill them from horseback as much as the rest of the global community.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

A Quiet American posted:

I was in the exact same boat, where the last few things I needed for 100% were the bounty locations. I had missed most of the locations in Mexico, apparently between New Austin and West Elizabeth I just decided I'd had enough of bounties for some reason.

I also did all of the herb gathering challenges at once. I uh, don't recommend that. How could they not have the Undead Nightmare standalone in Korea? Surely Koreans must hate zombies and desire to kill them from horseback as much as the rest of the global community.

The 360 just isn't that popular in Korea. This means that alot of games can be dirt cheap since the demand is rather low, but it also means the selection is pretty limited. I went through 3 floors of a Massive shopping complex which must have had about 60+ stalls for videogames and loving NO-ONE had Just Cause 2. Makes me worry about how easy it'll be to get a standalone DLC pack...

Spitshine
May 13, 2004
Ordering it online, or a friendly arrangement with someone here isn't plausible?

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Spitshine posted:

The good news for you?

HTH :cheers:

I'd not bought any of the DLC to date, so a full expansion disc sounds just peachy to me. Especially as UK RRPs on games are really more of a suggestion than anything - I'd be surprised if I paid over £20 for it.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
Umm I don't get it. The standalone Undead Nightmare disk costs 30 euros and does not require RDR to play, however it will feature all three other packs. Doesn't that mean that it would be a full RDR game then, if you can play for example Outlaws to the End or Liars and Cheats?

I was just planning on getting Legends and Killers and Liars and cheats tonight from PSN. Is it wiser to wait to get those AND Undead Nightmare at the same time from a standalone disk? Either way will cost me 30 euros. What's the advantage of the disk?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Sioux posted:

Umm I don't get it. The standalone Undead Nightmare disk costs 30 euros and does not require RDR to play, however it will feature all three other packs. Doesn't that mean that it would be a full RDR game then, if you can play for example Outlaws to the End or Liars and Cheats?

I was just planning on getting Legends and Killers and Liars and cheats tonight from PSN. Is it wiser to wait to get those AND Undead Nightmare at the same time from a standalone disk? Either way will cost me 30 euros. What's the advantage of the disk?

The disc might just give you access to the undead nightmare campaign (which has already been confirmed as being separate from the main story. Basically you get a cutscene and your character gets "teleported" to another area) and the online portion of the game. The other two DLC's add multiplayer features (I have them but STILL haven't played them, if anyone wants to correct me). So basically, the disc will be a short single player story and the RDR multiplayer.

Advantages to the disc is that you have a physical copy of the DLC, if you are someone like me who prefers that extra security (like in 10 years if PSN isn't around but you have a PS3, you can play your favorite DLC!). Resale value (you can't resale downloaded DLC, but you can resale a disc)

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Mabey someone here can help me out.

I bought GTA 4 for the PC awhile back and then took it off and now I cant figure out how to uninstal the Rockstar Social club thing.

Does anyone know how to do it?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

BigRed0427 posted:

Mabey someone here can help me out.

I bought GTA 4 for the PC awhile back and then took it off and now I cant figure out how to uninstal the Rockstar Social club thing.

Does anyone know how to do it?

Well this is off-topic since it's pc and a different game, but mine shows up like every other program in the remove programs list under windows Control Panel.

Edit: on-topic, I played Uncharted 2 for the first time since January last night and I couldn't believe how hard it felt without the auto-targeting from RDR. That and the closer camera tracking definitely took me like 10 minutes to get the hang of again.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

A guy online just showed me the glitch to get up to the mountaintops near the switchbacks at the entrance to Chochinay. Kind of cool because it pisses folks off in multiplayer when you're a public enemy and they can't get to you but are close enough for you to talk poo poo to them over chat..

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Hungryjack posted:

A guy online just showed me the glitch to get up to the mountaintops near the switchbacks at the entrance to Chochinay. Kind of cool because it pisses folks off in multiplayer when you're a public enemy and they can't get to you but are close enough for you to talk poo poo to them over chat..

I actually just got on top of the plateau overlooking Escalera. It'd be another good spot to do the public enemy achievement. There's no real discernible way to get onto it, I just kept my horse galloping up the side facing southwest and I got up on top of it.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

McKilligan posted:

Also, it turns out that you can return to old missions and play through them through the menu. So if you've completed everything and are stuck with Jack, you can just select an old John mission and revert the game back to that point. I don't think any of your progress will be saved though, but it's nice to hear John's voice again.

Doesn't it dump you straight back to being Jack upon completion of the mission?

Should we still be spoilering that?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I found one hell of a Beaver hunting spot. I was in Southern West Elizabeth (hanging around the water, east of the Serendipity) and caught them as they were spawning as I was destroying Boars. On the map, it's right on the tail of the animal. Go there around 9am-9:30 and you should see them spawning. I got six in the span of two minutes.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I found one hell of a Beaver hunting spot. I was in Southern West Elizabeth (hanging around the water, east of the Serendipity) and caught them as they were spawning as I was destroying Boars. On the map, it's right on the tail of the animal. Go there around 9am-9:30 and you should see them spawning. I got six in the span of two minutes.

Heh, I just found one hell of a Cougar hunting spot. On the straight road between Plainview and Repentance Rock I had 12 spawn in ~50 seconds. I lived thanks to the ol' faithful Double-Action.

By the way something I've been meaning to ask for a while; has anyone ever turned a settlement into a ghost town? I remember hearing talk of it ages ago but anytime I raise a ruckus in town residents and law enforcement respawn too quickly to deal with. My current bounty is $43,000 so it's not for lack of trying.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Capn Beeb posted:

Doesn't it dump you straight back to being Jack upon completion of the mission?

Should we still be spoilering that?

Yes it does. I plan on replaying the game but taking my time before getting to the finale, if ever.

Spitshine
May 13, 2004

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

The nearest grassland above river-level vicinity Wreck of the Serendipity is a beaver spawn if you're there around 9AM (like you said). I found three groups of 3-5 beavers there within two minutes.

So if you need beavers, go to this guy's spot, or go to the Wreck of the Serendipity and stay up on the high ground flat lands (like where the flowers you can pick are, within 150m of the river/wreck, over the hill) @ ~9AM.

Spitshine
May 13, 2004
At what point do I make a backup save before the absolute endgame? Do I play up through And You Will Know the Truth and finalsave before the And the Truth Will Set You Free?

e: Disregard, I think I got it. Feel free to respond in case others might want to know v:shobon:v

Spitshine fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Oct 18, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

fennesz posted:

I actually just got on top of the plateau overlooking Escalera. It'd be another good spot to do the public enemy achievement. There's no real discernible way to get onto it, I just kept my horse galloping up the side facing southwest and I got up on top of it.

My method was probably not the most efficient, but it was kind of fun. I'd mark the mountain pass on my map, then to to Blackwater and camp out on the rooftops shooting the police to get my wanted level up. When i was a public enemy, I'd jump on my horse and bolt for Cochinay. Usually, I'd screw up somewhere and get killed or people would chase me down before I could get safe, but I finally worked it out and it was pretty satisfying.

• Locked thread