Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:
Here's a newest Undead Nightmare trailer:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/10/18/red-dead-redemption-undead-nightmare-the-graveyards

It's just a movie-style trailer. I was hoping for an accompanying article or something detailing gameplay mechanics, but nope. Nothing like that to be found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

I know using spoiler tags is troublesome but I, for one, appreciate it since I haven't finished yet.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
AS soon as this dlc hits, I'm going looking for War and Death. Must have those horses!

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Eggplant Ronin posted:

Here's a newest Undead Nightmare trailer:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/10/18/red-dead-redemption-undead-nightmare-the-graveyards

It's just a movie-style trailer. I was hoping for an accompanying article or something detailing gameplay mechanics, but nope. Nothing like that to be found.

I loving love how cheesy and campy that was. I hope there are copious amounts of Living Dead references.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

Spitshine posted:

At what point do I make a backup save before the absolute endgame? Do I play up through And You Will Know the Truth and finalsave before the And the Truth Will Set You Free?

e: Disregard, I think I got it. Feel free to respond in case others might want to know v:shobon:v

After beating And The Truth Will Set You Free your next mission marker is "A". Just don't take the "A" mission and you don't begin the end game.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
The past week i have been playing Hardcore Gang matches and using expert aiming exclusively. There is nothing in video gaming(aside from the gears2 two piece) that is more satisfying than getting a kill in this game without autoaim.

So which Metatag are people using nowadays? Is anyone down for hardcore matches?

Spitshine
May 13, 2004
I may be bad, but I feel good.
I'm conflicted now about how I should pickup Undead Nightmare. I recently bought and downloaded all the current available DLCs for RDR, but I'm really keen on the idea of the full release hardcopy. Do we know a price range for that yet? I can't really find anything.

That would be kinda neat if they could just verify your PSN/XBL account and what DLC you've paid for (for RDR), and then let you pay a little extra for the disc/whatever DLC you don't have, and then ship you a hardcopy at a reasonable price since you already own xyz of it.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
New trailer for Undead showing off new weapons - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-holy-red-dead/706325

I didn't think that holy water would actually be a weapon. Very neat.

Spitshine
May 13, 2004
e: disregard :v:

Spitshine fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Oct 19, 2010

Lucid Delusion
Dec 23, 2009

You're merely postponing the inevitable.

OrangeCrush posted:

The past week i have been playing Hardcore Gang matches and using expert aiming exclusively. There is nothing in video gaming(aside from the gears2 two piece) that is more satisfying than getting a kill in this game without autoaim.

So which Metatag are people using nowadays? Is anyone down for hardcore matches?

I discovered this recently as well. I'm not the best at it but when I get on a roll it's so satisfying. It's fun getting into a gun fight with someone; strafing, rolling, and dodging their shots before you end up planting a bullet in their skull.

Spitshine
May 13, 2004
^ Oh man. I used to feel really outmatched when I'd play with expert aiming, but after mashing out a campaign replay with it and then crossing back over into MP, it's so much fun for all the reasons you listed :D

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Spitshine posted:

Top of this very page, my friend. Definitely a fun and campy trailer though :)

Different trailer.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Ammo is scarce? That's really worrisome. I just wanna use Double-Actions and sawed-offs all night long :(

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:

GameTrailers posted:

4un4given4 said: actually, during ww2 the nazi's started experimenting with supernatural stuff so... it may be more fit there than in the wild west. but still, it's zombies ffs...

:stare:

Spitshine
May 13, 2004

Scarf posted:

Different trailer.

Was it? Maybe I missclicked my tabs. Looked the same to me. Oh, I'd just watched the first one, then found that one on my own, then clicked his link and misassociated it v:shobon:v

Carry on :haw:

Morter posted:

Ammo is scarce? That's really worrisome. I just wanna use Double-Actions and sawed-offs all night long :(
Hopefully this doesn't translate into overuse of the blunderbuss, which I'm already really iffy about.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Lucid Delusion posted:

I discovered this recently as well. I'm not the best at it but when I get on a roll it's so satisfying. It's fun getting into a gun fight with someone; strafing, rolling, and dodging their shots before you end up planting a bullet in their skull.

Spitshine posted:

^ Oh man. I used to feel really outmatched when I'd play with expert aiming, but after mashing out a campaign replay with it and then crossing back over into MP, it's so much fun for all the reasons you listed :D

You guys wouldnt happen to be on xbox would you? I am in dire need of rdr friends!

gt: pbucch

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Morter posted:

If all else fails, punch in the cheat code.

Spitshine
May 13, 2004

OrangeCrush posted:

You guys wouldnt happen to be on xbox would you? I am in dire need of rdr friends!

PSN, partner :shobon:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Finished the storyline last night. I'm so glad I wasn't spoiled. Holy wow.

This game is so great.

Lucid Delusion
Dec 23, 2009

You're merely postponing the inevitable.

OrangeCrush posted:

GT is Lucid Delusion

Me and a buddy of mine have been rocking a two man posse lately. It'd be nice to extend that group a bit. Especially after last night when a posse of like 5 interrupted our hideout mission when we were trying to do some Lawbringer challenges. We were wrapping up a no-deaths run of Fort Mercer when this posse rolled up with fire bottles, dynamite and high powered pistols; ruining the no-death run.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Someone was trying to explain to me how it's looked down upon to use high-powered pistols. gently caress that noise, some folks just can't let go of the past. The 1911 is the finest handgun in the history of history.

Spitshine
May 13, 2004

Doctor Zero posted:

Finished the storyline last night. I'm so glad I wasn't spoiled. Holy wow.

This game is so great.

:clint::hf::) congrats. I just finished another play-through yesterday too, and it was just as great as the first. I'm gonna wrap up this 100% (currently 98.5% - I think I'm missing bounties), and then dig into MP again with all the great new DLC.

Hungryjack posted:

Someone was trying to explain to me how it's looked down upon to use high-powered pistols. gently caress that noise, some folks just can't let go of the past. The 1911 is the finest handgun in the history of history.

It's the age-old "that weapon is too good, only nubs use it" concept. While I can agree with this in certain situations (like the AN94 and M60 in Bad Company 2), I don't necessarily agree with it about RDR, mainly because things like the Mauser and Semi Auto Pistol are fantastic too.

But then all three of those pretty much make the revolvers look like punks so who even knows :shobon:

Spitshine fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 19, 2010

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Hungryjack posted:

It's not a 1911, it's a 1903 Hammerless. (or FN1903, they look exactly the same)

:goonsay:

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Party Plane Jones posted:

It's not a 1911, it's a 1903 Hammerless. (or FN1903, they look exactly the same)

:goonsay:

Yours might be, but mine's a Colt 1911.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I like the high-powered in multiplayer mainly just because it pisses people off so much. It's such a quick kill people don't usually have time to react if you get the drop on them.

Then you can hear an awesome "GOD DAMMIT!" coming through their voice comm.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Hungryjack posted:

Yours might be, but mine's a Colt 1911.

Are we no longer talking about the game anymore? Are we through the looking glass?

The High-Powered and the Mauser basically will beat anybody in a duel in multiplayer, you can shoot them hilariously fast.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Party Plane Jones posted:

Are we no longer talking about the game anymore? Are we through the looking glass?

The High-Powered and the Mauser basically will beat anybody in a duel in multiplayer, you can shoot them hilariously fast.

Actually, since the game takes place in 1912, I just assumed it was the "brand new Army 1911" pistol as the endgame gun. Is it actually spelled out somewhere what the gun is/represents? Seems weird they would pick a more obscure gun instead of a time-appropriate iconic firearm.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Hungryjack posted:

Actually, since the game takes place in 1912, I just assumed it was the "brand new Army 1911" pistol as the endgame gun. Is it actually spelled out somewhere what the gun is/represents? Seems weird they would pick a more obscure gun instead of a time-appropriate iconic firearm.

http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/High_Power_Pistol

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Hungryjack posted:

It takes place in 1911. After the end, 3 years later, it's 1914. :confused:

Spitshine
May 13, 2004
So basically Rockstar doesn't even know what pistol they put in the game, therefore it can be whatever we want it to be :colbert:

e: Mine's an airplane

Unrelated: I can't be the only one that walks into the Armadillo Saloon and intentionally starts loving with those Walton Gang hooligans that are always sitting in the corner table, am I? I've become very fond of going in there with the US Marshall outfit and shoving one or more of them off their chairs, and then walking calmly out to the street. Sometimes they come out for a brawl and we'll throw down, sometimes they come out shootin'.

Either way, when dressed as a US Marshall, I've got the bigger gang :clint:

Spitshine fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Oct 19, 2010

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:

Hungryjack posted:

Someone was trying to explain to me how it's looked down upon to use high-powered pistols.

Please tell me you shot the guy as he was explaining this to you.

Also, my high-powered pistol is an Ares Predator.

Spitshine
May 13, 2004
Before I've had my morning whiskey and cracked some Walton teeth, I usually burst out of my room in Armadillo, and jump off the outside balcony. Once the dust settles, I stand there and look up and down the street for any morning trouble before my whiskey and fight. I'm also checking to see if Johnny Law comes out with a new bounty. If so, I skip the morning whiskey and fight, and I throw in a fat wad of tobacco and head out so I can get the morning jump on those bounty crooks while they've still got their swinging Richards out for their morning piss.

It helps to establish dominance.

Spitshine fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Oct 19, 2010

burnsep
Jul 3, 2005
Hey guys, what with replaying the old Fallouts and this game, I'm hankering for some good ol' cowboy-style slide guitar music. Could anybody give me some recommendations?

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

haha I've gotten to the point where I know exactly where to jump over the railing outside the Armadillo saloon so that I land on my horse. It's funny how we all have our rituals.

Speaking of the Walton gang table in the corner of the bar, sometimes I'll come out of my room, look over the balcony, and put an explosive round right in the middle of the table, just to get the day started on the right foot.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

gently caress it, I say it's a 1911. It certainly isn't hammerless in this pic. You see, I keep bringing it up because it's very important.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pr0phecy
Apr 3, 2006

Morter posted:

Don't worry, I don't think R* will ban you from their servers for cheating in single-player.

:nyd:

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Victory for the monkey beast!
I was playing online last night and spent about an hour trying to kill another player with a huge bounty that was held up on the top floor of a building in Chuparosa. The main problem was that it was impossible to get the drop on him and he was probably at level 50, while I'm currently at level 9. How I eventually took him out was by shooting at the door he was behind to open it, which then let me keep shooting before he could react. I landed a headshot and got a whopping 200 xp for killing him, but I guess I really pissed him off because he spent the next half hour following me around the map trying to kill me.

Spitshine
May 13, 2004

futureproof posted:

I was playing online last night and spent about an hour trying to kill another player with a huge bounty that was held up on the top floor of a building in Chuparosa. The main problem was that it was impossible to get the drop on him and he was probably at level 50, while I'm currently at level 9. How I eventually took him out was by shooting at the door he was behind to open it, which then let me keep shooting before he could react. I landed a headshot and got a whopping 200 xp for killing him, but I guess I really pissed him off because he spent the next half hour following me around the map trying to kill me.
Haha, good for you! Shooting closed doors can be really useful, especially when you use it to prep for a nice stick of dynamite.

Unrelated: The song Deadman's Gun on the Red Dead Redemption OST is such a good song. The calming tone that it's played in belies the real implications of the lyrics, especially once you assume the Stranger mission Remember My Family

>>>Click here for an amazing live version of Deadman's Gun<<<

quote:

Your hand's upon a deadman's gun
And you're looking down the sights
Your heart is worn, and the seams are torn
And they've given you a reason to fight

And you're not gonna take what they've got to give
And you're not gonna let them take your will to live
Because they've taken enough and you've given them all you can give
And luck wont save them tonight
They've given you a reason to fight

And all the storms you've been chasin'
About to rain down tonight
And all the pain you've been facin'
About to come into the light

[repeat]

Spitshine fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Oct 19, 2010

Spitshine
May 13, 2004
Yaaaaaay I finally hit 100%. Bureau uniform owns. Indiscriminately murdering pixel people in the neck with a tomahawk like a bawss.

wat nao goons? Go MP and cross over into Legendary [again] to xp with goon cowboys? goonboys? cowgoons?

Spitshine fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Oct 20, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So I'm at a loss, I'm trying to complete the Cody Witlow bounty at Fontera Bridge and I've about stretched the limit to the area that would be considered, "Near the bridge"

Anyone?

• Locked thread