Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Uh, no poo poo. Didn't even think of it. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

wa27 posted:

Bigfoot in GTA San Andreas was a pretty big hoax when that game came out, so it's pretty funny that Rockstar posted that.

Hahaha,My mate started that rumor over at GTA Forums and he posts here at SA.

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

davebo posted:

Speaking of PSN, the PS3 (hardware) discussion thread has devolved into people whining about how little content there was in RDR. :what:

Whatever game they were playing, it can't have been OUR rdr, that's for sure. Revolver, maybe?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Spitshine posted:

Anybody wanna get in on PSN right now I'm in here with a couple other goons going mountain climbing out of bounds :smug:

RawDawg_, DrSmasher, and Darth_Brooks - hit any of us up for invite.

Out of bounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7QsgGWzSCM

What happens when you go out of bounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0y5YMzJoBM

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Oct 23, 2010

Spitshine
May 13, 2004
I may be bad, but I feel good.

Darth Brooks posted:

ahahaha that large Mexican tumbling down the mountain into the river is me! :allears:

Spitshine fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Oct 23, 2010

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Sir Spaniard posted:

Whatever game they were playing, it can't have been OUR rdr, that's for sure. Revolver, maybe?

No it was this one. I was even called out as a crybaby who can't handle the slightest criticism of RDR. You know, because all the blank areas that you can skip over if you want, don't have enough to do aside from random events and a "hunting simulator" Despite the fact that they make entire games that are nothing but hunting simulators, which aren't half as interesting as the hunting in RDR. I think one dude was just upset because there weren't a bunch of native americans to kill, because slaughtering indians was really en vogue in 1914.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Kinda sucks that those two guys ruined our exploration, but oh well. Now I know how to get up there, which is cool as hell.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Just in case anyone missed it from the trailer:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Dynamiting a cougar is such a bitch. There's no way to catch a cougar off guard, they never come when I use bait and doing it from horseback is hellish since you can't let the fuse burn before throwing the stick which would be great when the cougar is chasing you.

And whenever I manage to get really close, I run out of dynamite. :doh:

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Stare-Out posted:

Dynamiting a cougar is such a bitch. There's no way to catch a cougar off guard, they never come when I use bait and doing it from horseback is hellish since you can't let the fuse burn before throwing the stick which would be great when the cougar is chasing you.

And whenever I manage to get really close, I run out of dynamite. :doh:

Deadeye

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

If you mean using dead-eye and spamming R1 then throwing, they fixed that.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Stare-Out posted:

If you mean using dead-eye and spamming R1 then throwing, they fixed that.

Hmm, I just did it like two weeks ago. I have the Dynamite ready (not lit) and when i find the cougar, I activate dead-eye, mark him, and throw it. It's not a slam dunk, but it's a hell of a lot easier.

I don't know if that's the same thing you're describing.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I remember reading about them fixing that (and the endless whining which ensued afterwards), and I tried it out of frustration a few times but it didn't work.

If it did work and I just kept doing it wrong somehow, I'd be very happy though.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Stare-Out posted:

I remember reading about them fixing that (and the endless whining which ensued afterwards), and I tried it out of frustration a few times but it didn't work.

If it did work and I just kept doing it wrong somehow, I'd be very happy though.

It worked for me when the Hunting/Trading pack came out. Of course, I didn't aim for the main body of the cougar but got a red X at its feet. It still worked like a bloody charm.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

bear is driving! posted:

Janice Soprano?

Spitshine
May 13, 2004

Darth Brooks posted:

I'm just going to point this out again because I find it goddamn hilarious.

SP Deadeye dynamite/firebottles still works. Whoever said it doesn't is LYING, the son of a gun. I do it all the time. The deadeye thing, not lie.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Spitshine posted:

I'm just going to point this out again because I find it goddamn hilarious.

SP Deadeye dynamite/firebottles still works. Whoever said it doesn't is LYING, the son of a gun. I do it all the time. The deadeye thing, not lie.

Everything was going great until that other posse showed up and started shooting at us. I will also vouch for Deadeye dynamite working in single player, it's still awesome. It's also the best way to beat the Pestilence mission towards the end.

Spitshine
May 13, 2004

Dr.Smasher posted:

Everything was going great until that other posse showed up and started shooting at us.
Oh yeah, those two dudes. I didn't really mind, I was playing mindlessly at that point and welcomed the distraction. We somehow ended up back in bounds anyways, we woulda had to go east for daaaays to get back up.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

Stare-Out posted:

I think that was only with throwing knives in MP. It can be tough to get the target marked, but it does still work with thrown weapons in SP.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Spitshine posted:

Oh yeah, those two dudes. I didn't really mind, I was playing mindlessly at that point and welcomed the distraction. We somehow ended up back in bounds anyways, we woulda had to go east for daaaays to get back up.
It was getting on time to do something else anyways. I wish I had a better camera/ better way to take screenshots.

I would love to do a large posse where we go through all the gang hideouts in one session. I also think it would be hilarious to get everyone in a US Marshall skin and pester random pubbies.

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:

bear is driving! posted:

Which trailer was this?

Spitshine
May 13, 2004

Philip J Fry posted:

I think that was only with throwing knives in MP. It can be tough to get the target marked, but it does still work with thrown weapons in SP.
AFAIK, it's with all throwing weapons in MP. Prior to any DLC, I hit Legend 1 Lv 50 (Buffalo) on Solomon's Folly alone and started just pulling troll security outside Solomon's for my goon friends.

Beezys be hatin' on me knifin' their entire zonkey posse from 475 meters away on a Deadeye/Ammo spawn outside of Solomon's Folly while they tried to harass my lowbie goon homies :shepface:

e:

Darth Brooks posted:

I would love to do a large posse where we go through all the gang hideouts in one session. I also think it would be hilarious to get everyone in a US Marshall skin and pester random pubbies.
This. While I'm extremely fond of Fernando Naranjo the Misc Mexican and His Giant Sombrero, I'm down for some 'gubment strong arm of the law. Along with steamrolling/monopolizing the hideouts, I want to get at least five Public Enemies so we can hold out on the North Pole together and watch pubes struggling to ascertain our location.

Spitshine fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Oct 23, 2010

Mug
Apr 26, 2005
Has anyone else already posted that Undead Nightmare is getting a Blu-Ray release? Because it is in Australia next month (no exact date listed though). $49.95AUD RRP.

edit: here's the source, it's on allinteractive's tradezone page.

Click here for the full 628x930 image.

Mug fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 23, 2010

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Spitshine posted:

RawDawg_, DrSmasher, and Darth_Brooks - hit any of us up for invite.

I never got into the multiplayer in this game so I'm going to add you guys if that's ok :shobon:

Spitshine
May 13, 2004

Spitshine posted:

Darth Brooks posted:

This. While I'm extremely fond of Fernando Naranjo the Misc Mexican and His Giant Sombrero, I'm down for some 'gubment strong arm of the law. Along with steamrolling/monopolizing the hideouts, I want to get at least five Public Enemies so we can hold out on the North Pole together and watch pubes struggling to ascertain our location.
Hey bros. I'm gonna start doing this right now, so if anybody wants to join me, you're more than welcome! PSN RawDawg_ I've already turned in my sombrero for the badge, and I'm currently randomly searching profiling and oppressing other players at impromptu horse-traffic stops. Lets tame this Free Roamin' Wild West :clint:

Wamdoodle posted:

I never got into the multiplayer in this game so I'm going to add you guys if that's ok :shobon:
You'd better! I'm just a local smalltime law man tryin' to keep the peace, and it's a rough & tumble hard life out here with bandits and criminals running amok. I'ma need some pressed-suit, gold-watch Federal boys to supplement my one-man force :smug: Throw a Friend Add/message at me (or Darth_Brooks, since he's in with me), and we'll invite you.

Spitshine fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 24, 2010

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I killed a bobcat today with two throwing knives today. I was using Expert Aim and no Dead Eye, which was hilarious. Something I didn't realize prior to this is that bobcats run loving fast.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

fennesz posted:

I killed a bobcat today with two throwing knives today. I was using Expert Aim and no Dead Eye, which was hilarious. Something I didn't realize prior to this is that bobcats run loving fast.

Since I don't play multi, I keep my targeting to Normal and there still is no auto-locking onto them.

Also, I tend to leave bobcats alone cause they never attack me :3:

Spitshine
May 13, 2004

Spitshine posted:

Hey bros. I'm gonna start doing this right now, so if anybody wants to join me, you're more than welcome! PSN RawDawg_ I've already turned in my sombrero for the badge, and I'm currently randomly searching profiling and oppressing other players at impromptu horse-traffic stops. Lets tame this Free Roamin' Wild West :clint:

I'm in here with two other goons goin round da world on hideouts. Lets do dis.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Morter posted:

Since I don't play multi, I keep my targeting to Normal and there still is no auto-locking onto them.

Also, I tend to leave bobcats alone cause they never attack me :3:

Yeah I always feel bad about killing foxes and bobcats, they never really do anything but they're just fun to hunt.

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

fennesz posted:

Yeah I always feel bad about killing foxes and bobcats, they never really do anything but they're just fun to hunt.

I still really rarely see bobcats in SP. But the new ones in multiplayer, in that one spot anyway, are total assholes. But still not as bad as cougars.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sir Spaniard posted:

I still really rarely see bobcats in SP. But the new ones in multiplayer, in that one spot anyway, are total assholes. But still not as bad as cougars.

The wild life in general in multiplayer are total assholes. I enjoy taking them all out with extreme prejudice.

Ignorant Hick
Mar 26, 2010

Hoping aboard the steam powered newbie train to say I never really got into multiplayer but wouldn't mind trying it out with some of you guys. GT is Caedus428 so :)

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

I'm atrocious at aiming in multiplayer I can't seem to be able to kill anyone!
How many hours does this game last? I feel like I'm near the end 16 hours in which is a bit short for me. (by game I mean the story line)

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Jacada posted:

How many hours does this game last? I feel like I'm near the end 16 hours in which is a bit short for me. (by game I mean the story line)
How much do you screw around? I'll be honest, it took me about 14 hours before I even attacked Fort Mercer the first time.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Jacada, Where are you in the story? (and you probably should put it under spoilers for latecomers)

Also, Spitshine and myself were doing advanced co-op with a couple of pubbies who had a tendency to rush up and get shot up in a place that was to dangerous for rescue. I'd like to get a couple more 25+ level goons with mics for Tuesday or Thursday night where we can knock these out. Advanced is tough. The AI is sharper but you also have the advantage of using every weapon you've unlocked. Also, it's expert aim only, which makes it even more of an idiot trap. Tesora Azul is one that you really need to poke at carefully. They are fun, in part because of how challenging they are.

Dr Geek
Jan 28, 2007
Anyone want to play some Hardcore Stronghold on PSN with me right now? My PSN is unclecaveman69

Darth Brooks, I'd do that if it weren't Tuesday or Thursday night because Rock Band 3 comes out Tuesday and it's my birthday on Thursday and I'm having a Rock Band party, heh.

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

I've just got to the bit Where you are reunited with your family and have your farm back. I have just finished the mission where you go and get some cattle from Bonnie. It feels like the games about to end and it feels a bit short.

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

THE BLUE DEMON RIDES AGAIN
I stopped playing this game for a few months, but I picked it up again yesterday to download the newish co-op DLC and I was blown away. Rockstar has done an amazing job once again.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
Anybody interested in some multiplayer? i'm on live, gt is my sa username.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I was playing poker in Blackwater and after a while there was only me and that Matt Damon looking sumbitch who wears a top hat left at the table. After a long while I managed to get a really good hand and went all in, sure I was going to win. He'd been doing basically nothing but checks at that point.

And he won. :suicide:

So I instantly put a bullet between his eyes and figured I'd surrender to the cops (which I actually hadn't done before). So I stood there with my gun holstered, when a cop walzed over and blew my head off with a shotgun. :saddowns:

How do you surrender in this game again?

• Locked thread