Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Jimbo needs to eat guys. Get him a solid broadcasting gig or put up with these stunts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
The drunk Barry episode is pretty good.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
Two pods in one day was a very pleasant surprise!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

jyrka posted:

The drunk Barry episode is pretty good.

Bazza is a legend.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Listened to the live one earlier. What was the point of that?

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
I liked the latest adventures of Adrian Mutu this week.

Tries to buy champagne, has no money, gets mad at waiter for not knowing who he is, waits in the street till the early hours and beats the waiter up once he's finished work.

Mental dickheads do the wackiest things. I hope Chelsea get all his money.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I really liked the French guy they had on too, though better sounding Sid Lowe was bizarre.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Mickolution posted:

Listened to the live one earlier. What was the point of that?

Dunno it was pretty dumb I thought

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
They said the reason for Sid sounding better was due to technical problems with the usual method so unless it's something like having to rent out a studio at €1000 an hour because Sid's mobile phone was broken I don't see why they don't use this method every week if he's going to sound more clear?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
my dad said that Brian Deane's leather jacket looked like something out of The Sweeney when he watched the game. Is my dad secretly John Ashdown?

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
The French guy was pretty good, but the new Sid voice was whoa

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Cock on ball is back after a massive break for any spurs fans interested.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Can't believe so many of you actually thought that was legit Sid.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

ICA posted:

Can't believe so many of you actually thought that was legit Sid.

It was. They've done other stuff ([edit] I remember specifically a Spanish La Liga season preview video) where he's mic'd up properly and not talking on a cell phone, and that's what he sounds like. Usually he's on a cell phone wandering somewhere, and that sounded like he was on a computer via Skype.

harperdc fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Oct 27, 2010

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
According to his twitter he was on Skype, so unless this is all some elaborate trick I think ICA has got it wrong.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Jesus Christ, guys.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

ICA posted:

Jesus Christ, guys.

What are you on about?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

ICA posted:

Jesus Christ, guys.

That 100% was sid. He was in the studio once before and he sounds totally different, but it is him.

Umbriago
Aug 27, 2004

It was Sid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUHxu1js-BM

pimpslap
Nov 27, 2002
new home, old colors, same Arsenal
Haha, listen to the very end of today's Extra for an outtake on Imposter Sid vs. Real Sid.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Told you.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

ICA posted:

Told you.

:blush: I was fooled.

e - Also jimbo was on fire today with his tasteless jokes. The bit about the yellow card being 'heart less" etc.

Jippa fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Oct 29, 2010

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
In all honesty I've not seen that clip nor have I listened to FW Extra, I was lying / joking / bluffing.

gibsonisacripple
Feb 24, 2001

CHAMPIONS

Jippa posted:

e - Also jimbo was on fire today with his tasteless jokes. The bot about the yellow card being 'heart less" etc.

Hotly tipped like a guy having a pee after chopping chilli's

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Jippa posted:

e - Also jimbo was on fire today with his tasteless jokes. The bot about the yellow card being 'heart less" etc.

No you were right.

And Jimbo was great. The heartless quip was genius.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
I liked "it's funny cause Rooney usually likes to help pensioners, doesn't he?".

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Less of that smug Zonal Marking guy please.

Would love to listen to the World Football Phone-in but Dotun Adebayo makes it really, really difficult

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

gibsonisacripple posted:

Hotly tipped like a guy having a pee after chopping chilli's

This was beautiful.

Molotov Yogurt
Nov 29, 2000

buff man riddim
Fernando Duarche should be on every show.

hrolf
Nov 28, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Rafael honigstein owns

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Football ramble was good again. I like the comment about the best defenders having clean shorts as well as clean sheets.

Does any one remember what espn programme it is that luke was on? They have a load of football things that I never watch.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
I remember once saying that Barry Glenwhatever "wasn't that bad."

I was wrong.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
The Ramble is really starting to grate. Am I alone in this?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

ICA posted:

The Ramble is really starting to grate. Am I alone in this?

I only started to listen this season so I really enjoy it still. What about don't you like?

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Just seems very smug to me. Maybe I'm just jaded, been listening to them for ages now.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
About what specifically? I always thought they kept relatively neutral (club and country) but again I've only been listening for short while.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
About themselves.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Yeah I think its still awesome. So yeah, you're alone in that.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

ICA posted:

Just seems very smug to me. Maybe I'm just jaded, been listening to them for ages now.

The Ramble is best when they can attack British pundit idiocy so on weeks where mum is said they just resort to type. Still hilarious Holloway impersonation this week.

I'm amazed they havent been given a TV deal yet honestly. The show would absolutely work as a 21 minute chat show. Can't be worse than whats already out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

was absolutely pissing myself laughing on the tube listening to upforgrabs so i had to turn it off. Can't recommend it enough to fellow gooners.