Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

ZOMBIE RICKETTS IN MULTIPLAYER!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

I can't buy it till next week. :( I hate you all. Jerks.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

This DLC is the best. The achievement for killing a sachquatch is called "Six years in the making" Spoilered because it's a secret achievement.

Welp, there goes my week.

Lewy210
Jan 13, 2008

Loving it so far, the last sasquatch brought a tear to my eye but then i ran back up the hill to get a message 'A mystical animal has appeared in the area' (or something similar) and it turned out to be Pestilence, one of the Four Horses of Apocolypse :D

Oh and that place with the first spoiler is a nightmare for Undead Bears and Courgars gang raping poor John :(

Lewy210 fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Oct 26, 2010

Amused Frog
Sep 8, 2006
Waah no fair my thread!

andrew smash posted:

That doesn't seem to be true though. I've picked stuff up and died dozens of times and still had it. There's even a loading screen tooltip that says you'll still have it until you quit out of free roam.

I guess I might be misremembering then. It's been quite a while since I spent any time in multiplayer.

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

drat your secret spoilers to hell! :(

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Bleh, may be Wednesday or Thursday before I get to play. Please keep diligent with the spoilers on this stuff!

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Wow this is just as good as expected!

Bout to play my first match of overun.

Hopefully the 3 dlc bundle will encourage more people to play legends and killers maps.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Has anyone else noticed that when you ride a zombie horse it tries to pull away from John? It's getting really annoying. The worst part is the horse I'm using is Pestilance and I don't want to waste ammo killing it.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?
Just started, but holy poo poo this is awesome.

Spitshine
May 13, 2004
I may be bad, but I feel good.
I don't see it on the PSN. What gives? I just want my

\/ this guy.

Spitshine fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 26, 2010

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Do they have any plans for RDR after Undead Nightmare?

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I'm doing the Marshalls survivor mission. Herbert's speech was hilarious. I didn't think there were :tinfoil: in 1911

YOU CAN'T EAT ME I'M HERBERT MOOOOOOONNNN!

Dogtanian
Jan 31, 2007

This space intentionally left blank

Ray and Shirley posted:

Do they have any plans for RDR after Undead Nightmare?

A PC release of course!

/living in hope

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dogtanian posted:

A PC release of course!

/living in hope

This would be really great, I am still hoping for this as well but i'm not holding my breath. A Rockstar employee did say back in July that there are no plans to ever make a PC version. If it did happen then I would have no problems buying the game twice.

Spitshine
May 13, 2004
What's the word? Am I waiting for a PSN update (and when's that?), am I waiting until this evening? I have no idea what's going on :v:

e: California bro here

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

You have to wait until about 6pm.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Spitshine posted:

What's the word? Am I waiting for a PSN update (and when's that?), am I waiting until this evening? I have no idea what's going on :v:

e: California bro here

PSN updates are usually in the evening on Tuesdays, but Rockstar said it should be available from the in-game store a few hours before PSN actually gets updated. So if you're east coast I'd just try it around 5 or so.

Edit: or 6 like he said

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?
I think my favourite thing so far is a mounted survivor being pulled off his horse and chased down by a dozen zombies. He ran into a building, they followed, and there were three or four gunshots. Then nothing.

edit: gently caress, nevermind. A new favourite moment has arisen. I just found Herbert Moon.

Slantedfloors fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Oct 26, 2010

Spitshine
May 13, 2004

Slantedfloors posted:

edit: gently caress, nevermind. A new favourite moment has arisen. I just found Herbert Moon.

wtf dick, you're not supposed to hype the spoiler, you're supposed to pretext the spoiler with really mundane sounding stuff :(

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Are there any new multiplayer skins?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Oh god, we need that new quote as the topic title. So much.

Anyway, does anyone know a replenishing source of Fire Bottles? I swear that twice now I've "killed 5 flaming zombies in one dead eye meter", but I never got the challenge completed. Is there something else to it?

TJO
Aug 14, 2006

I had a funny feeling in my gut.
This captures the B-movie horror feel so well. When you start clearing out a town this great music kicks in and you're just surrounded by chaos and gore trying desperately to climb onto a roof before you get swarmed. You just know you should take the time to line up headshots, especially with only 5 shots left, but it's really easy to just panic and end up dying.

I'm also surprised how difficult the DLC is. I've already died more than I did in the main game. Maybe I'm not as good at hypothetical zombie hunting than other goons though.

Favourite moment was a random encounter in the wild a man at camp with his tied up, zombified wife concerned that she may have a tapeworm on account of her sudden ravenous appetite. I shot her in the head and rode on as he tried to avenge her, no need to kill him just because he's gone a bit mad with grief.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Holy poo poo, I just got real sad about an unscripted moment, but I don't want to spoil it incase you guys want to find out everything on your own:

When War (the fire horse) dies, the flames of his mane go out :cry:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
God drat, I stay up all night waiting on the PSN to get the release, and give up around 7 am. I crash out, wake up about an hour ago and STILL no release.

What the hell rockstar/sony?

~whine~I WANNA KILL SOME ZONBIES...GGGAAAHHHHHHHHHH~whine~

Seriously though, release the DLC for pete's sake. I am already annoyed that I can't seem to use a savegame I found online for RDR, and this is just adding more :mad: to an already crap day.

I am trying to give you moneys and you won't let me kill zombies :saddowns:

Awcko
May 26, 2009

Mo' Pushin'

Mo' Problems

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

God drat, I stay up all night waiting on the PSN to get the release, and give up around 7 am. I crash out, wake up about an hour ago and STILL no release.

Seriously though, release the DLC for pete's sake. I am already annoyed that I can't seem to use a savegame I found online for RDR, and this is just adding more :mad: to an already crap day.

You've been wasting your time all along, PSN only updates the store at around 5-8 PM Eastern, I believe.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I am still hoping there's a scene in this game with a zombie Rabbi lumbering at your group, and Herbert Moon sees him coming and turns completely white and passes out from the shock of witnessing his worst nightmare.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
But... wouldn't he faint from seeing Jesus?

:v:

:jewish:

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Fuzz posted:

I am still hoping there's a scene in this game with a zombie Rabbi lumbering at your group, and Herbert Moon sees him coming and turns completely white and passes out from the shock of witnessing his worst nightmare.

I prefer to think that seeing the zombie Rabbi would steel him and result in him saving the town. This being the moment he had rehearsed in his head, time after time after time.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

How long is the DLC? The GTA4 one was 8-10 hours if you followed the main storyline. Is this more or less the same? I have no interest in DLC that costs u$10 and can be finished in 30 minutes-1 hour (e.g Everything Mass Effect 2 related).

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

GUI posted:

How long is the DLC? The GTA4 one was 8-10 hours if you followed the main storyline. Is this more or less the same? I have no interest in DLC that costs u$10 and can be finished in 30 minutes-1 hour (e.g Everything Mass Effect 2 related).
~7 hours according to a review I read last night.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

GUI posted:

Maybe it's because I've loved killing zombies since about forever, or maybe it's because I have a deep profound respect for both the gameplay and writing of RDR, but this is literally the best and most cost-worthy thing I've purchased in terms of DLC, ever.

The way the zombies work are perfect, the few bits of strangers (which there seem to be many of) and story that I've worked through is great. I've been playing it for about 4 hours nonstop and, honestly, I'm avoiding the story because I don't wish to blow through this. Supposedly, every area has a possibility of getting filled with zombies, as well as zombie predatory animals, so there won't be much of a time you're looking for something to shoot.

I don't want to sound like a kissass but 10 bucks, I don't feel, is enough for the effort they put into this. Zombies, familiar faces, guns, plenty of new random occurrences, and this thing has kept me from playing both Fable 3 and Rock Band 3 since I've woken up. My advice is: If you're planning on blowing through story (in a sandbox zombie game), then don't buy it.

Also, does anyone know what this "losing survivors" business is with defending towns? Apparently if you let a town be attacked for long enough, survivors will die, and the game said "It will be lost forever". So you can't go to towns again once you neglect them for long enough? Sort of sucks to have to keep traveling back to places you liberated.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I don't understand why people thought PSN would be updated at a different time than they update every single week. Although I don't deny that if they were going to break their rocksteady schedule just to push out one games' DLC, that it should be this one.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

GUI posted:

What's it matter as long as the content is good? Granted, the story progression and stranger missions are good enough that I hope it never ends (and I'll be sad when it does), but I'd be happy with 8-10 hours of story plus a never-ending zombie freeroam. Also sasquatch.

Believe me, it's amazing enough... if you like fast-paced Wild West zombie killing... that you won't really care about how long the story is once you'd played for an hour or two.

Hell, it's worth it for John's new zombie-killing one-liners alone. "Ma'am, I think the only pill that'll help you is a bullet in the head!"

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Tewratomeh posted:

Hell, it's worth it for John's new zombie-killing one-liners alone. "Ma'am, I think the only pill that'll help you is a bullet in the head!"

John Marston has way too many good lines

"Come on out...I don't bite!...Bad joke"

"You eat babies! :mad:"

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Tewratomeh posted:

"What the...I think I looted you the first time you died!"

Slantedfloors fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 26, 2010

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
Woop woop! Found one of the Four horses of the Apocalypse!

Spitshine
May 13, 2004

davebo posted:

I don't understand why people thought PSN would be updated at a different time than they update every single week. Although I don't deny that if they were going to break their rocksteady schedule just to push out one games' DLC, that it should be this one.
I just literally had no experience with PSN update times or any trends in launch-day DLC on the PSN (even though I've had my PS3 since 2007 :keke: ) that I assumed big-title DLC was pretty much handled the same way big title releases were. Now that I understand, I find it actually rather strange to have such a scattered release. Oh well. As long as it's coming, and as long as it's (apparently) totally worth it :gibs:

Guys thanks a lot and please keep the spoiler tags-a-plenty!! There's going to be a lot of us still catching up this evening!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I had a pretty amazing encounter when I found one of the Four Horses ("War" spoiler); the spot near where you get it has a canyon full of undead. I spotted the horse before I noticed a few dead folks running towards me, then more, and behind them a whole loving swarm. I rode my mount in the opposite direction before manning up and taming War. Of course, I just had to go back to the canyon to try out my new steed. I made two or three passes, burning all the rotten, undead bastards in my way.

Felt good. drat good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

davebo posted:

This is my first time waiting on something thats on the PSN.

I didn't know they updated at a different time, plus the whole announcement about IT WILL BE UP AND GOING AFTER MIDNIGHT EST part helped in that delusion.

• Locked thread