Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Spitshine posted:

I'm at like 3% :suicide:
No one cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adnap
Dec 15, 2007

There's mischiefs and malarkies. But no queers. Or yids. Or darkies. Within this bastard's carnival - this vicious cabaret!
Just started and I'm really liking it so far. My only annoyance is how fast those fuckers can run. Ammo is scarce, so I try to loot all the bodies I can, but it usually takes me forever because I'll have 4-5 zombies on my tail and I have to run in circles a la Zombieland.

Spitshine
May 13, 2004
I may be bad, but I feel good.

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

No one cares.
Oh please. If you wanted to start doing that, you'd be dropping one-liners all night in a launch discussion.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

No one cares.

I do, he is my free roam buddy. Bringing up 3:10 to Yuma is interesting, now that I think about it, I think they may have modeled a lot of John Marston after Russell Crowe's character.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

ShowTime posted:

I do, he is my free roam buddy.
Chat on PSN. Playstations do that, right?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
If anyone notices or comes up with a good thread title during their adventures, let me know. It would be nice to have something UN themed or time appropriate.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do

Spitshine posted:

drat dude. I'm at like 3% :suicide:

Time to go watch 3:10 to Yuma and Appaloosa. Christ, this is like the eve of launch for Red Dead Redemption itself.

Just don't watch it on your PS3. I decided to watch an episode of LOST while it downloaded, only to find out that the download suspended while I watched.

Is there some cool trick to downloading content while using the PS3 for other purposes that I don't know about?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Adnap posted:

Ammo is scarce...

I'm actually not finding this to be the case at all. You get ammo for everything you do, basically, from defending people in ambient events, "cleansing" graveyards and defending towns, plus a whole lot of other stuff like looting bodies and finding random chests.

Ammo basically replaces currency, and after the first few hours the game just tosses it at you every chance it gets. Maybe if all you're doing is the story missions it's different, I don't know, but I'm doing a lot of dicking around and I'm being handed ammo and new weapons left and right.

Edit: Also, that Sasquatch mission... jesus christ. I feel like such an rear end in a top hat now.

That, and I accidentally shot a couple of living townsfolk in the head trying to fight off the zombies attacking them.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Oct 27, 2010

Spitshine
May 13, 2004
I may be bad, but I feel good.
Red Dead Redemption: 28 Jews Later.

Ignorant Hick
Mar 26, 2010

^^^Yep. I'm doing all the side missions before the main story, and I'm just swimming in ammo.

Anyway, the stranger mission at Plainview is pretty great.

"What kind of sick, depraved person would enjoy something like that?"

"The lowest common denominator!"

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Spitshine posted:

Red Dead Redemption: 28 Jews Later.

Curse these mods who won't let us have racist thread titles in Games!

Also, why did they pick tonight of all nights to have a special, extra-long episode of Sons of Anarchy? :argh:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
This game made me fall in love with how R*SD made character models. During one part I was defending I think Plainview or something (Where you meet the director), and during me shooting wildly at zombie heads 'cause I was low on Dead Eye, I shot a guy who was on a horse, also helping me out. I struck him in the leg and he fell off. He immediately scuffled behind a chair, with his back to it, aimed his gun over and behind him, firing blindly into the crowd of zombies, while clutching his leg with his free hand. I felt bad for the poor bastard. As soon as the area was saved, he limped away in a panic, probably to get his horse back.

And about people talking about ammo: While I do have close to max repeater/rifle ammo, and at least half of the pistol and shotgun ammo (what I happen to use the most), it's very easy to squander, especially in a panic.

Someone spoil this for me: Have they found the 2nd treasure chest location? I thought it was places like Beechers Hope, McFarlane Ranch, Armadillo, and so on, even a few out of the way, unremarkable areas, but I couldn't figure it out. Can you just tell me where to start? I'll do the rest of the path finding once I find the "I" on the map. Thanks. (And hide it behind spoiler mask for others)

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet
Hell yes!!! Saw that RDR has a 'nazi zombie' like DLC. I'm getting this! :dance:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm gonna laugh if it's the same one from vanilla and you just never encountered it before.

Nah, I had the same thing, it definitely is a twist on the regular mode's random encounter.

This might come off as hyperbole but I really think that Undead Nightmare is the best "zombie" game ever. It probably helps that this is DLC so they don't need to compromise on a lot of stuff that stand alone zombie games have to do. Stuff like you can only kill with headshots or if you aren't careful and make your shots count you can be seriously down on ammo. Also I really love that they didn't shoehorn in stores.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Ah man, I think my apocalypse horse killed itself. He sauntered off toward a zombie horde/river and I didn't think much of it, but now he's gone. The flames of war have been doused.

Also, did anyone shoot the last sasquatch? I Couldn't bring myself to do it...

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Anyone feel like spoiling the locations of the Apocalypse Horses for me? I managed to break a regular zombie horse, and hoooly poo poo do I love infinite sprint :v:

PS gently caress Zombie Bears. I hate regular bears, why must you go and make them into zombies, R*? :(

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Bass Bottles posted:

Ah man, I think my apocalypse horse killed itself. He sauntered off toward a zombie horde/river and I didn't think much of it, but now he's gone. The flames of war have been doused.

Also, did anyone shoot the last sasquatch? I Couldn't bring myself to do it...

Hell no. Hell no. I felt bad about that whole Sasquatch thing. Seriously bad. I honestly just felt more horrible than when I shot the buffalo. Poor sasquatch..I knew something was up when none of the sasquatches tried to attack me. Thanks, Rockstar, I feel really, really bad.

Well, I'm into Mexico now and I have one thing that has to be said: when it comes to cougars, 'meet my brother Daryl, and my other brother Daryl.' Goddamn.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Tamed a zombie horse earlier. By time I got it tamed, the sun had set and we were surrounded by a horde of zombies and a zombie wolf? I think about to kill the horse...again. Really hope they release an Undead Nightmare version of the soundtrack. Or at least an EP or something.

EDIT: Question, is there anyway to keep my zombie horse?

Tokubetsu fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Oct 27, 2010

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Tokubetsu posted:

Tamed a zombie horse earlier. By time I got it tamed, the sun had set and we were surrounded by a horde of zombies and a zombie wolf? I think about to kill the horse...again. Really hope they release an Undead Nightmare version of the soundtrack. Or at least an EP or something.

EDIT: Question, is there anyway to keep my zombie horse?

Hitch it to any hitching post and you should be able to keep it.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

As tired of zombies as I am this DLC is amazing and really sells the concept 100%. It's loving great to be back in John's shoes with all this crazy poo poo going down.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Another question, anyway to make a town friendly towards you again? I accidentally shot a friendly (though it didn't kill him!) at Manzanita Post and now they just shoot at me even when there are zombies around.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

Morter posted:

Someone spoil this for me: Have they found the 2nd treasure chest location? I thought it was places like Beechers Hope, McFarlane Ranch, Armadillo, and so on, even a few out of the way, unremarkable areas, but I couldn't figure it out. Can you just tell me where to start? I'll do the rest of the path finding once I find the "I" on the map. Thanks. (And hide it behind spoiler mask for others)

That one was a bitch. Look due SE from Armadillo.

(Anti-spoilered just in case you want that little extra hint)

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
very early nightmare spoiler: was i the only one who actually liked Uncle? I was sad when he didn't even get a line.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

andrew smash posted:

very early nightmare spoiler: was i the only one who actually liked Uncle? I was sad when he didn't even get a line.

Yeah I dug him a lot too. Spoiler I guess? I was hoping they would go into Marston's backstory with Abby and Uncle a little bit more, but I guess this leaves it ripe for a prequel.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Do people still do the PSN 3-way split for things? I'd be interested in getting on on this...

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Edit: ^^ yeah people still do gamesharing. There's a gamesharing thread for it I believe.

Here's something not zombie related. In looking at the trophies I noticed I didn't actually receive the trophy for going legendary during that double xp weekend, which was sort of the point of doing it since I have no intention of getting back up to 50 again. Turns out that trophy was part of the legendary killers dlc, and just listed towards the bottom of it so I thought it was part of the Liars and Cheats, which I actually got. That's kinda dickish of them to list all the trophies for dlc you don't have with no distinction. I mean the ones for stuff like hit someone with a tomahawk or something are pretty obvious but it'd be nice if there were a simple line break or something.

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:
It's good, but I actually stopped playing after "You can't eat me, I'm HERBERT MOOOOOOON" because I knew it couldn't get any better

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Is it normal to not really gain any fame or honor throughout all of singleplayer after the first few missions? Pretty early in the first part of the game the meters just stopped showing up for until I was Jack and killed the agent. I think I finished the gmae still at only the second fame and honor titles. Was that a bug?

SMP
May 5, 2009

davebo posted:

Edit: ^^ yeah people still do gamesharing. There's a gamesharing thread for it I believe.

I went through C&D by filtering with the GAMES tag, and did the same with SA-mart. I didn't see anything...

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

So...anyone know where the Unicorn is?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Philip J Fry posted:

That one was a bitch. Look due SE from Armadillo.

(Anti-spoilered just in case you want that little extra hint)

Edit: Alright, got it. Just a question for the 3rd one: Is it in Mexico? The double plateaus make me think it is but I've never seen a random/abandoned ranch ever in Mexico. So before I waste time looking for it in New Austin, let me know. Thanks again for the help.

Morter fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Oct 27, 2010

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Just finished the game.

The ending is neat and I guess it leaves me satisfied, but this game has a huge 'you're going to go back to a save so you can finish up everything.' Personally, while the Zombie Marston skin is awesome, it sucks not being able to wear the Evil Dead or Legend of the Apocalypse outfits without being zombified. I have a save ready, but honestly...that's pretty strange. I know Rockstar is giving us what we want in a backhanded way, but couldn't it just end with regular Marston in the zombie world?

Oh well, still worth the $10. I'm not sure if it's normal to get the Death Horse after you become Zombie Marston, however.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Morter posted:

You might have to elaborate. Do you mean along the cliff about east from there? Because I tried looking along the cliff, under it and everything. I'm used to the treasure maps being so accurate, and I couldn't find a single of the many goddamned landmarks in the map. Not even the two buildings!

If anyone has input, lemme know.

I couldn't match the buildings up in Armadillo either but I knew the staircased butte with the trees up top had to be that area. Just hug that wall and it'll be on your right just as you pass into Hennigan's Stead. It's kind of easy to miss if you're galloping along at a good clip.

e: #3 is in a place that was never a plot point in vanilla RDR; close to Mexico but not in it. I found one of the cheat codes there. That's as far as I got before I stopped. Hopping back on now to find #4!

Philip J Fry fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Oct 27, 2010

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Philip J Fry posted:

I couldn't match the buildings up in Armadillo either but I knew the staircased butte with the trees up top had to be that area. Just hug that wall and it'll be on your right just as you pass into Hennigan's Stead. It's kind of easy to miss if you're galloping along at a good clip.

e: #3 is in a place that was never a plot point in vanilla RDR; close to Mexico but not in it. I found one of the cheat codes there. That's as far as I got before I stopped. Hopping back on now to find #4!

Yeah I won't post any more treasure questions 'cause I seem to post them 5 minutes before I find them :v:

Possible #4 spoiler: I have a hunch it's near the cemetery SE of Las Hermanas, but I'm going to bed before I check.

Still haven't run into a goddamned Apocohorse :downs:

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Yeah it's undoubtedly in Mexico, which is blocked off until you do some plot missions. Bleh. Found Pestilence and War so far, but accidentally gatling gunned him down while saving a town. Whoops.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
Do the four horses spawn only once? If one gets killed will it spawn again?

Ignorant Hick
Mar 26, 2010

So, I'm dumb and can't even figure out the first treasure map. I know that the first two steps are the train station at Mcfarlance Ranch, and then the railroad junction near where the boars spawn, but I can't find the canyon for step 3 Help?

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

"Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most..."
"...Give a man too many options and he'll be unhappy. Give him too few, and he'll do something crazy!" - J.Marston

... Give him a kick rear end zombie DLC and he'll be smiling for weeks.

The multiplayer has got me by the nads, addictive and when played with some good people, an absolute riot.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Got to play through the first few missions last night. Echoing the sentiment that this is pretty phenomenal for a DLC and only $10.

I was riding up towards Tall Trees and there was a survivor getting swarmed on the side of the road. I pull off to help and we're gunning down left and right but easily being overtaken. Next thing I know two more random NPC survivors roll by on their horses, but then stop and start helping out. I thought that was really neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TJO
Aug 14, 2006

I had a funny feeling in my gut.
New favourite moment. I was in the hills just west of Armadillo, the sun's going down so I'm heading to that farm to clear out the zombies and find a bed for the night. Get off the horse to pick some flowers (do they even do anything now?) and suddenly an inside-out zombie cougar rushes me, I put an ungodly number of bullets into the thing but it's still running in and out of the bushes around me. Finally I decide to just use dead-eye, pull out the shotgun and blam, it ducks behind my horse and I unload straight into the flank of my only source of transportation.

So after the cougar's dead I'm walking towards the ranch and the hill in front of me has a load of cactuses sillouhetted at the top of it. Cactuses which seem to moving slightly and getting bigger.

I've no idea if it's a semi-scripted thing that when you're on foot in the middle of nowhere a huge horde comes rushing at you, or if I just got unlucky, but after emptying every bullet I had into them more just kept on coming, running over that drat hill screaming at me.

Sprinting into the ranch in the middle of the night, horde behind me and another horde waiting in front stumbling suddenly into the light from my torch while I'm desperately trying to find where the survivors are holed up was just so intense. This DLC is awesome.

• Locked thread