Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So does anyone know the titles of those really awesome surf rock sounding tracks that play after completing the final Mother Superior mission? I really, really want them to listen to.

Nobody seems to know, looks like R* did them in-house.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3DJmMfLzyA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

GenoCanSing posted:

Nobody seems to know, looks like R* did them in-house.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3DJmMfLzyA

Thanks. I'm hoping Rockstar at least releases a high quality download of it or something, it's awesome

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Where does the Unicorn spawn? That's the last piece of the Undead Hunter outfit I need to do.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I don't have UN yet, I've been discussing gamesharing with a co-worker (more to help him than to help me), so I'm reading the thread while keeping the mouse pointer over the avatars.

BTW, It's double XP weekend

Anyone up for some old fashion points grinding tonight? (after 7 pm central US) I tried getting on last night and just ran into idiots.

CoderCat
May 7, 2005

Science, it works. :science:

muscles like this? posted:

Where does the Unicorn spawn? That's the last piece of the Undead Hunter outfit I need to do.

In the east side of Mexico according to the wiki.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Darth Brooks posted:

I don't have UN yet, I've been discussing gamesharing with a co-worker (more to help him than to help me), so I'm reading the thread while keeping the mouse pointer over the avatars.

BTW, It's double XP weekend

Anyone up for some old fashion points grinding tonight? (after 7 pm central US) I tried getting on last night and just ran into idiots.

I will be, sure. PSN is DocFuzz and I have all the expansions.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gonna ask again cause I've had no luck finding them on zombies: Anyone know where to get more fire bottles in UN?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TheJoker138 posted:

Gonna ask again cause I've had no luck finding them on zombies: Anyone know where to get more fire bottles in UN?

They're supposed to be at Thieves Landing.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Down in Mexico east of El Presidio, look on your map for a drawing of three horses. I think you need undead hunter 5 unlocked for it to spawn, but I may be wrong.

mikestg
Jul 28, 2003
Finished it last night. Only complaint is that it just seems to end rather abruptly. I did not see the end of the game coming when it did. I haven't even cleared out all of the mexican towns yet :(

I don't even think I have a save game from before I beat the last ending. Zombie John isn't as gay as Jack though. Am I supposed to track down that one weird guy to get the mask back or is the game effectively over?

Even so, well worth the 10 bucks. Any word on future DLC?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

They're supposed to be at Thieves Landing.

You get them for saving Thieves Landing, but they aren't in any of the chests there when you go back.

William Pahllace
Dec 22, 2009

Look, buddy. I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings.
I sometimes got firebottles for randomly saving towns and down-and-out citizens on the side of the road. But I believe I first got them in Thieves Landing...

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

CzarChasm posted:

So, I'm doing my best not to read this thread since I have not completed the undead nightmare pack, but can we change the thread title to You can't eat me, I'm Herbert MOOOOOON!?

No that's still kind of spoilerish, but i'd love to have something Herbert Moon related still in the thread title. I feel like he is the only character that has suitable thread title dialogue.

He has a particularly good rant in UN (that's not a spoiler is it? i'm pretty we all know Herbert Moon is in UN and he is always ranting). It's also particularly racist. But the last selectively racist thread title I had got removed. Is it really racist if it offends everybody?

It's hard to come up with thread titles because Red Dead Redemption takes up so much space.

I'd like Red Dead Redemption: Herbert Moon: A nice, kind hearted man to meet in a time of trouble. But thats far too long.

or Red Dead Redemption: It was a good country once, but now people are eating each other. Which is also too long.

Maybe Red Dead Redemption:The fault of the Jewish British Catholic homosexual elite But again, I think it's too long and the mods might not like it.

Red Dead Redemption: The life force drains from your hate filled body. I think might fit, but I don't like it as much as the others.

I also love how Herbert Moon says his name this time around. He says it like "Hurr-Burrrt Maa-ooon".

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
What about Red Dead Redemption: So racist, he should be called Herbert Gooooooon

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Red Dead Redemption: I miss the fresh corpses

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Red Dead Redemption: Seriously, so you can't get Death until you finish the storyline?

Actually, I found Death today and got his Blood Pact immediately. The Apocalypse Horses Stage 5 was fun as hell, and I love now that I have all of the blood pacts so the horses are in my control. Now, if only the Unicorn and the Chupacabra would appear....

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Red Dead Redemption: Seriously, so you can't get Death until you finish the storyline?

Actually, I found Death today and got his Blood Pact immediately. The Apocalypse Horses Stage 5 was fun as hell, and I love now that I have all of the blood pacts so the horses are in my control. Now, if only the Unicorn and the Chupacabra would appear....

Gotta kill the Chupacabra first, then the Unicorn will spawn. The game won't tell you the Unicorn spawned, though, you just kinda have to roam and find it. No handy blue circle or nothin.

mark-p87
Sep 27, 2006
Really Dystopian Rhetoric
Just dropped the 800 for UN, unfortunately it's going to be Tuesday before I can play it :(

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Dr.Smasher posted:

Gotta kill the Chupacabra first, then the Unicorn will spawn. The game won't tell you the Unicorn spawned, though, you just kinda have to roam and find it. No handy blue circle or nothin.

Do I get a blue circle for the Chupacabra? And is that a random 'anywhere' spawn? Red Dead Wikia notes Mexican locations, but I found Death in Rio Bravo for crying out loud.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Red Undead Redemption: I think I looted you the first time!

Red (UN)Dead Redemption: I don't bite!....Bad joke.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Do I get a blue circle for the Chupacabra? And is that a random 'anywhere' spawn? Red Dead Wikia notes Mexican locations, but I found Death in Rio Bravo for crying out loud.

I found the chupacabra around Ojo Diablo, it popped up with the blue circle and everything :)

Pr0phecy
Apr 3, 2006

Fuzz posted:

I will be, sure. PSN is DocFuzz and I have all the expansions.

I'll add you tonight. I'm kinda new to RDR so I'd like to learn about grinding if possible. Also, non lovely players is a bonus.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Chupacabra will have a blue circle. Look for it near Torquenada, by the three horses on the map. Unicorn will spawn there too.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

Chupacabra will have a blue circle. Look for it near Torquenada, by the three horses on the map. Unicorn will spawn there too.

I found it in Agave Viejo, and the Unicorn was in the normal spot. Neat. Two more Sharpshooter challenges and the Apocalypse Pimpsuit is MINE. Yes.

Speaking of which, if you haven't been playing MP Poker with Zombie Ricketts, you haven't lived.

Spitshine
May 13, 2004
I may be bad, but I feel good.

ShowTime posted:

Herbert Moon
I'm still a fan of Red Dead Redemption: 28 Jews Later - but, alas v:shobon:v

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Spitshine posted:

I'm still a fan of Red Dead Redemption: 28 Jews Later - but, alas v:shobon:v

Yea, but the issue is I can't have Jews in the title. I might be able to pass a title off that insults everyone, but one selective group? Nope.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I found it in Agave Viejo, and the Unicorn was in the normal spot. Neat. Two more Sharpshooter challenges and the Apocalypse Pimpsuit is MINE. Yes.

Speaking of which, if you haven't been playing MP Poker with Zombie Ricketts, you haven't lived.

The last Sharpshooter one is a pain in the rear end and I cant do it for the life of me, cause the zombies keep loving moving their stupid heads around.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
Run up to a group and use execution kills (the up-close ones that give you a cinematic).

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Philip J Fry posted:

Run up to a group and use execution kills (the up-close ones that give you a cinematic).

I did that after getting frustrated with a group and it didn't seem to work.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
Huh, worked for me the first time I tried it...after trying to snipe heads in Jorge's Gap for half an hour with zero success.

Spitshine
May 13, 2004

TheJoker138 posted:

The last Sharpshooter one is a pain in the rear end and I cant do it for the life of me, cause the zombies keep loving moving their stupid heads around.
Hey, earlier in the thread Morter gave a great tip for Undead Sharpshooter Rank 5 - Snipe 5 undead within 8 seconds without using Dead Eye that got the job done perfectly for me >>>Phosphorous body shots. By the time the fifth zombie crisps, you're good to go for time and will complete the achievement.

Spitshine fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Nov 1, 2010

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Spitshine posted:

Mort:siren:a:siren:r

Who? :mad:

Also, I never touch MP but how easy is it to get the MP achievements for UN? I might give it a shot if it's feasible with pubbies or maybe 1-2 people to hassle.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

So other than the challenges, what do you need for 100%? I just finished at 86%.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

TheJoker138 posted:

So other than the challenges, what do you need for 100%? I just finished at 86%.

you probably need to do the Missing Souls missions, at Fort Mercer and El Presidio.

Morter posted:

Also, I never touch MP but how easy is it to get the MP achievements for UN? I might give it a shot if it's feasible with pubbies or maybe 1-2 people to hassle.

I dunno if the Kingpin one is all in one session or not, because it's hard to even find a session with more than 8 people sometimes. The Survive 15 Waves is possible if you have 3 other people who realize the pump-action is the best choice, though I haven't found those 3 people yet. :(

also, for Undead Sharpshooter Level 5 (snipe 5 zombies in 8 seconds), I just went to Jorge's Gap and picked them off. That place also got me Undead Sharpshooter 3 (kill five undead in 1 deadeye while they're on fire), I rode through on War and set a lot of those assholes on fire. War is awesome.

Dr.Smasher fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Nov 1, 2010

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Dr.Smasher posted:

you probably need to do the Missing Souls missions, at Fort Mercer and El Presidio.

I dunno if the Kingpin one is all in one session or not, because it's hard to even find a session with more than 8 people sometimes. The Survive 15 Waves is possible if you have 3 other people who realize the pump-action is the best choice, though I haven't found those 3 people yet. :(

also, for Undead Sharpshooter Level 5 (snipe 5 zombies in 8 seconds), I just went to Jorge's Gap and picked them off. That place also got me Undead Sharpshooter 3 (kill five undead in 1 deadeye while they're on fire), I rode through on War and set a lot of those assholes on fire. War is awesome.

The Missing Persons one is what threw me. I think I did two of the El Presidio ones and maybe three or four of the Fort Mercer ones. Apparently there's four of the former and ten of the latter. When I do that, 100% completion.

It is fun, however. I haven't had this much fun in a video game in a very, very long time. Good times.

Spitshine
May 13, 2004

Morter posted:

Right, right. You don't spell it the normal way :doh::hf:(unless you're a town in Italy!) Sorry, bruh. Fixed!

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

Spitshine posted:

I'm RawDawg_. Take note of all the GTs and PSNs you see in here, people! Add em up!

e: You know people are going to be analyzing every pixel of that picture to determine what possible location it is. Bahahaha.

i want to get in game and look for it hunt elk now :woop:

I need to add you; this game gets boring alone.

DarthBrooks wouldn't ever accept my friend requests.

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

ASL NIGGA
Nov 26, 2009

by T. Mascis

Spitshine posted:

^ Haha. It happens like this because I'm on the owl's schedule, so I'm generally only available to play for a few hours when most others on this side of the world are asleep!

My posts apparently reflect this lonely phenomenon, especially when the clinically diagnosed insomnia's doing it's thing :smith: If it makes you feel better, the rest of my waking hours [school/work/friends] are pretty satisfactory and productive :haw:

whoa there e/n thread take it down an octave

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Please tell me there are no graveyards to clear after Sepulcro... That was just loving annoying.

Also, before I went to mexico I killed Seth and his zombie ho-down with firebottles. Will this have any lasting consequences?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
I found Pestilence and rode him for some time. Then I found a skinny black horse with red shins, and I (idiot) thought it was Famine and broke it. Unfortunately it turned out to be a normal horse (that I had to constantly correct to the right at that). Now I didn't hitch that horse or anything, but dumped it when I found out it wasn't Famine. Unfortunately, now when I whistle I keep getting this stupid horse instead of Pestilence. What the hell did I do wrong and how can I get Pestilence back? I don't think the Four Horses have deeds or anything. In that vein, how the hell do you ever collect all four (and keep them all)?

• Locked thread