Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gibsonisacripple
Feb 24, 2001

CHAMPIONS
Does one of the guy's from the Ramble do voice overs on ITV2? Or am I just being racist against Geordie's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
When did the latest Up For Grabs come out LPV? I've got the one from 1/11 and I can't see a newer one.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

luvd posted:

When did the latest Up For Grabs come out LPV? I've got the one from 1/11 and I can't see a newer one.

it's every monday

http://podcast.playbackmedia.co.uk/arsenal/201011/Alan_Davies~It's_Up_For_Grabs_Now_-_Nov_2010~2~08_Nov_10_-_Shower_Gel_or_Soap.mp3

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
Yeah found it, they'd changed the subscription on their iTunes bit so a refresh wasn't finding it. Listening now.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I'll have to give that a listen, cheers for the recommendation.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Yeees.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Heres another pod I just found The Footy Show

Cant be that poo poo if its almost 300 eps in.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Who was the geezer on the GU+ pod? His first comment was that the premiership was awful and then he proceeded to poo poo on everything else in a dire humorless manner. Almost as bad as Paddy Barkley.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

MoPZiG posted:

Who was the geezer on the GU+ pod? His first comment was that the premiership was awful and then he proceeded to poo poo on everything else in a dire humorless manner. Almost as bad as Paddy Barkley.

The old sounding bloke? Yeah he was doing his best to ruin it.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
New It's Up For Grabs Now is out

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Vickery keeps bigging up Erik Lamela

Looks a player

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Sid Lowe was fairly talking out of his hole on Thursday.

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

MoPZiG posted:

Heres another pod I just found The Footy Show

Cant be that poo poo if its almost 300 eps in.

Seconding this one. Their Wednesday shows ("Take your kick") are always great.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The Ongoing Adventures of Kevin Davies is my new favourite thing

Isosceles
Oct 31, 2004
The triangle philosopher

http://twitter.com/kevindaviesbwfc/status/10052709067522048

Kevin Davies' Twitter posted:

Mrs gone to a charity night with girlies drawing a live naked male. The tough conditions would not stop her, hope she has taken a rubber!!

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Shouldve put Kevin Davies on the bid committee.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

If you want a laugh check out the EPLTalk podcast this week. These cunts try so hard to be contrarian and anti-media that they concede theyd rather go to the World Cup in Qatar than the USA.

:golfclap:

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
What is the second best football podcast?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

jyrka posted:

What is the second best football podcast?

It's up for grabs now obv

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

kri kri posted:

It's up for grabs now obv

Nah that's the best.

Have there been any more rumours about what's going on with it? I was told that two of the members had left for some BBC thing and Alan can't be arsed when he's doing it for free.. I don't know. Would be pissed off if they stopped doing them though, it's the only pod I listen to. FW got a bit boring.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

luvd posted:

Nah that's the best.

Have there been any more rumours about what's going on with it? I was told that two of the members had left for some BBC thing and Alan can't be arsed when he's doing it for free.. I don't know. Would be pissed off if they stopped doing them though, it's the only pod I listen to. FW got a bit boring.

sort of assumed they werent doing it because last two games have been on mondays and they cant be arsed talking about week old games.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

Lyric Proof Vest posted:

sort of assumed they werent doing it because last two games have been on mondays and they cant be arsed talking about week old games.

There were some rumours on the Facebook group but I couldn't be arsed to look into it.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

luvd posted:

There were some rumours on the Facebook group but I couldn't be arsed to look into it.

arsenalpodcast Arsenal Podcast
Bad weather cancels podcast..

well theres one reason

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Been listening to The Football Ramble the past couple of weeks. It's good, if a little "laddish". Hopefully I can get over that. What I was wondering is, who are these guys? Are they just fans who've decided to make a podcast or are they journalists or what?

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
I cannot stand how the American guy on TheGame podcast draws breath at the end of each sentence

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Never noticed but I'm sure I won't be unable to now! I like Marcotti though. I don't always agree with him, but he's at least got a bit of personality about him. Don't really like Paddy Barclay though.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012

Mickolution posted:

Never noticed but I'm sure I won't be unable to now!

sorry my bad :shobon:

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

It's ok, I'm sure I'll forget by next Monday :)

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Mickolution posted:

Been listening to The Football Ramble the past couple of weeks. It's good, if a little "laddish". Hopefully I can get over that. What I was wondering is, who are these guys? Are they just fans who've decided to make a podcast or are they journalists or what?

I enjoy The Football Ramble a lot because it's more generally about football, rather than just "what happened in the Premiership this week".

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

peanut- posted:

I enjoy The Football Ramble a lot because it's more generally about football, rather than just "what happened in the Premiership this week".

Yeah, I like that aspect of it. There seems to be a few "in jokes" I don't really get yet and I'm sure I can look passed the laddish elements. I'm enjoying it thus far and it might replace Soccernet for me as that's a little dry and rarely offers anything that isn't covered better in Football Weekly or The Game.

Evlic
Jul 2, 2007

It's Up For Grabs Now has returned as The Tuesday Club.

After a brief winter break Alan Davies' Arsenal podcast has been reincarnated as The Tuesday Club.  Alan is joined by Oliver and Keith to chat about all that's happened in the world of Arsenal since the Man U game and the joys of colonic irrigation.       

Starring Alan Davies, Keith Dover and Oliver Scott
Produced by Chris Blacklay

Not on iTunes yet but you can subscribe directly to the RSS feed here http://thetuesdayclub.libsyn.com/rss

ReleasetheKracker!
Oct 8, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I haven't heard an American pundit on any of these podcasts who has a tolerable voice. They all sound like pompous wheezing neckbeards.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

Evlic posted:

It's Up For Grabs Now has returned as The Tuesday Club.

After a brief winter break Alan Davies' Arsenal podcast has been reincarnated as The Tuesday Club.  Alan is joined by Oliver and Keith to chat about all that's happened in the world of Arsenal since the Man U game and the joys of colonic irrigation.       

Starring Alan Davies, Keith Dover and Oliver Scott
Produced by Chris Blacklay

Not on iTunes yet but you can subscribe directly to the RSS feed here http://thetuesdayclub.libsyn.com/rss

Came to post this. Very happy it's back.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Last two rambles have been great. I enjoyed this week's profile.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I'd like Philippe Auclair to be on Football Weekly every time, I think he's consistently the most perceptive, interesting and well-connected guest they have.

BobbyHeenanTinyHat
Apr 1, 2005

Calling all girls of the opposite sex
N/A.

BobbyHeenanTinyHat fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Aug 12, 2018

Barbershop
Aug 14, 2008

peanut- posted:

I'd like Philippe Auclair to be on Football Weekly every time, I think he's consistently the most perceptive, interesting and well-connected guest they have.

I completely agree. I've only heard him on it twice (this time and the previous one when they discussed the world cup bids) and both times he was an excellent guest.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Allows dull regular callers to spend minutes prattling on with banal pleasantries and facebook status updates.

Reprimands football experts Vickery, Brassell etc. for giving lengthy, interesting answers that expound on all manners of the game.

Is DJ Doton Adebayo from WF Phone-in

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

The best European newspaper review.

Also, apparently Philippe Auclair's going to be on Football Weekly again on Monday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Heads up for any spurs fans, try:

http://www.cockonball.com/podcast.php

They are back doing regular shows and are easily the best I've heard (for a club specific podcast).