Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

frozenphil posted:

What transmission?

Oops, that might help. T5 on an SN95. It's supposed to simple if you have the proper tool, otherwise you have to drop the rear cover.

Although the uneven groove doesn't suggest bad bearing, the wear could be from one of the two previous transmissions. I'll go check the bushing first.

Bulk Vanderhuge fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Nov 9, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

Oops, that might help. T5 on an SN95. It's supposed to simple if you have the proper tool, otherwise you have to drop the rear cover.

Although the uneven groove doesn't suggest bad bearing, the wear could be from one of the two previous transmissions. I'll go check the bushing first.

I have the service manual from Tremec for the T5 in PDF if you'd like it. PM me an email address.

nocarbon
Apr 6, 2002

nocarbon posted:

After the wife and I rented one on a recent trip to Cape Cod, I fell in love with the 2011 Mustang. It's crazy because I've never had any passion at all for American pony cars. I thought I'd be a WRX guy for life. After that rental, I'm absolutely shocked at what an incredible car the 2011 Mustang is.

I'm headed to the dealership today to test drive a convertible V6 and a standard GT, both with a manual.

Unfortunately, my budget won't allow me to get a GT convertible. I'm so torn on which to get. We'll see how much I like the GT.

Well, after test driving the GT, I can't not have that car. Unbelievable. I'll be making up the cash difference so it'll have to wait for next summer. See you guys in a few months.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

nocarbon posted:

Well, after test driving the GT, I can't not have that car. Unbelievable. I'll be making up the cash difference so it'll have to wait for next summer. See you guys in a few months.

I haven't driven one because I'm afraid that it will have good ergonomics for me. If it doesn't, there'd be no way I'd not buy one. Hell, I'm not sure I could run out of 'the box.'

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

frozenphil posted:

I have the service manual from Tremec for the T5 in PDF if you'd like it. PM me an email address.

No PMs, if you could send it to 1308cc (at) gmail that'd be great!

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/11/11/2012-mustang-boss-302-to-come-with-special-key-for-race-calibrat/#continued

So awesome.. the boss 302 comes with a special set of keys to make it a better performer on the track (and everywhere else basically!).

This is just the regular boss 302 as well... cant wait for the laguna seca track key. probably going to have a 9000 rpm :homer drool:

coolskillrex remix fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Nov 11, 2010

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

No PMs, if you could send it to 1308cc (at) gmail that'd be great!

Sent

Omegaslast posted:

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/11/11/2012-mustang-boss-302-to-come-with-special-key-for-race-calibrat/#continued

So awesome.. the boss 302 comes with a special set of keys to make it a better performer on the track (and everywhere else basically!).

This is just the regular boss 302 as well... cant wait for the laguna seca track key. probably going to have a 9000 rpm :homer drool:

I'm doing everything I can to fit one into my budget.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Any of you Ford guys know how to go about acquiring an X-Plan pin?

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

wandler20 posted:

Any of you Ford guys know how to go about acquiring an X-Plan pin?

Register here. Once you do that, read this post, then make a post here.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

frozenphil posted:

Register here. Once you do that, read this post, then make a post here.

Thanks. Hopefully someone can come through for me today.

Edit: Seeing a lot of empty threads there. I'm having my doubts on someone coming through for me. Ohh well, what are you gonna do.

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Nov 11, 2010

turnerburna
Jan 11, 2005
Cobra Commander

frozenphil posted:

Sent

I'm doing everything I can to fit one into my budget.

I would love to trade in my 08 and get one in competition orange

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

wandler20 posted:

Thanks. Hopefully someone can come through for me today.

Edit: Seeing a lot of empty threads there. I'm having my doubts on someone coming through for me. Ohh well, what are you gonna do.

Yeah, people don't post the codes in the open, they PM them or email them to you. The threads are empty because hardly anyone closes their junk once they get a code.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

frozenphil posted:

Yeah, people don't post the codes in the open, they PM them or email them to you. The threads are empty because hardly anyone closes their junk once they get a code.

Yeah, I got a PM from a guy so hopefully he can come through. Thanks for the link.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Well, yesterday at work a good friend told me of a lady taking care of an estate sale, and in the belongings is a 1966 Mustang 6-cylinder 3-speed manual on the floor. It's been recently "restored" - more than likely not a full resto... I called her today and she said she is taking sealed bids above $2,000. I then talked to her sister in order to put in a bid over the phone without her knowing the amount. I bid $2,750, and hopefully something comes of it!

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Well, yesterday at work a good friend told me of a lady taking care of an estate sale, and in the belongings is a 1966 Mustang 6-cylinder 3-speed manual on the floor. It's been recently "restored" - more than likely not a full resto... I called her today and she said she is taking sealed bids above $2,000. I then talked to her sister in order to put in a bid over the phone without her knowing the amount. I bid $2,750, and hopefully something comes of it!

If it has a cowl vent leak it isn't worth anything over scrap value. Here's to hoping it doesn't and you win!

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
If you haven't seen this in Vanderhuge's wagon thread:

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

That's pretty awesome.

In happy news, Ford transferred over the ESP - it was surprisingly painless once I actually got to talk to the right person. Car is back and seems pretty much the same, which is awesome. Took her up the PCH today and enjoyed the sun.

VibrioCholera
Mar 7, 2003

kimbo305 posted:

If you haven't seen this in Vanderhuge's wagon thread:

This is absolutely incredible and he could probably make good money hand painting these things?!

Like it's not even tacky it's so cool. I think...

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

VibrioCholera posted:

This is absolutely incredible and he could probably make good money hand painting these things?!

Like it's not even tacky it's so cool. I think...

There are already several companies that offer something similar.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
I tried to install my new xpipe but i cant even remove the o2 sensors from my stock one... would it be safe to just take a propane torch to them and then try? No amount of wd40 or any other variants on the o2 sensor will let me loosen it.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Omegaslast posted:

I tried to install my new xpipe but i cant even remove the o2 sensors from my stock one... would it be safe to just take a propane torch to them and then try? No amount of wd40 or any other variants on the o2 sensor will let me loosen it.

Did you try an oxygen sensor wrench? What about a pneumatic version?

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

frozenphil posted:

Did you try an oxygen sensor wrench? What about a pneumatic version?

No it was just a regular wrench, didnt even know o2 wrenches existed. Do you have a specific o2 wrench that you know is a reliable one? I loosened one with a regular wrench, but the other one was impossible (of course i havent even tried to do the ones near the intake manifolds.. dear god).

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
posted in the wrong thread. :ughh: anyways in terms of o2 wrenches looks like this is on sale?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TQ2T2M?ie=UTF8&tag=243008992-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000TQ2T2M

Also would a pneumatic one pretty much mean i need to get these two things?
http://www.amazon.com/Ingersoll-Rand-Air-Hammer-114GQC/dp/B000VZAENC
http://www.amazon.com/Lisle-43900-Oxygen-Sensor-Remover/dp/B000JFN9PY/ref=sr_1_cc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290427124&sr=1-1-catcorr

I have a pretty big air compressor available to me but poo poo $75 on tools just to loosen up some loving o2 sensors!?

coolskillrex remix fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Nov 22, 2010

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
WHOOPS

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Aww my pony's getting everywhere. I should get better pictures of it.

frozenphil posted:

There are already several companies that offer something similar.

Yep, I was like "AWESOME" and then "gently caress paying $95 for that."

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Omegaslast posted:

posted in the wrong thread. :ughh: anyways in terms of o2 wrenches looks like this is on sale?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TQ2T2M?ie=UTF8&tag=243008992-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000TQ2T2M

Also would a pneumatic one pretty much mean i need to get these two things?
http://www.amazon.com/Ingersoll-Rand-Air-Hammer-114GQC/dp/B000VZAENC
http://www.amazon.com/Lisle-43900-Oxygen-Sensor-Remover/dp/B000JFN9PY/ref=sr_1_cc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290427124&sr=1-1-catcorr

I have a pretty big air compressor available to me but poo poo $75 on tools just to loosen up some loving o2 sensors!?

I don't have experience with them outside of the Harbor Freight or similar quality ones, but they worked fine. It's one of those tools that you will rarely need, but when you do you really need it. Right tool for the job and all that.

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

Yep, I was like "AWESOME" and then "gently caress paying $95 for that."

For real. I've seen them go for well over $100.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007
I put a downpayment on a pony yesterday

2008 V6, dream car since I set foot in this great nation.

I haven't been able to wipe the grin off my face since I drove it.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Welcome to the fold!

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
Made this video of my cousins 5.0 for a lovely video project.. for a PHOTO class. only video ive ever done, learned premier pro today basically. oh well turned out cool enough. watch in 720p since its 5d goodness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21l-gKiR7Qo

goodfuldead
Feb 14, 2009

what a long strange thread its been

Omegaslast posted:

Made this video of my cousins 5.0 for a lovely video project.. for a PHOTO class. only video ive ever done, learned premier pro today basically. oh well turned out cool enough. watch in 720p since its 5d goodness

Dude, I am a die-hard mustang enthusiast, so, count me as a bit biased, but I felt a lot of emotion in this video. I think it would have made a good commercial for the car. Especially where you go from driving in a field to back on the street. The sound, the coolness of the car, and the shots you got. You got me man, I think I felt the same way my wife feels when she watches those sappy lovey chick flicks. You got me.

Boiler
Dec 23, 2004
Shut up phone

Omegaslast posted:

Great video!

What mount did you use for the in-car shots?

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Click here for the full 537x720 image.

Hi guys, can my little pony play too??

Boiler
Dec 23, 2004
Shut up phone
I've always lusted after a Mustang, but living in Australia I never really had the chance to get one without paying an exorbitant amount. So, when I moved to the US I bought my dream car!

Untitled by Craig F, on Flickr

She's a 2007 GT, with the hood scoop and pony plenum cover that were available as factory options. I got her second-hand without about 55,000 miles on the odometer but it seems to be pretty well maintained.

This is the most powerful car I've ever owned, and definitely the fulfillment of a dream. I keep forgetting just how much power it has - I can be accelerating at half-throttle and remember I have half again to give! Putting my foot to the floor on the commute home certainly makes me forget about work.

I've already replaced the antenna with a much shorter 14" one; and the CD player part of the Shaker 500 shat itself so that's being replaced with a Clarion head unit. After that, I'll probably focus on paying off the loan :/

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Boiler posted:

I've always lusted after a Mustang, but living in Australia I never really had the chance to get one without paying an exorbitant amount. So, when I moved to the US I bought my dream car!

She's a 2007 GT, with the hood scoop and pony plenum cover that were available as factory options. I got her second-hand without about 55,000 miles on the odometer but it seems to be pretty well maintained.

This is the most powerful car I've ever owned, and definitely the fulfillment of a dream. I keep forgetting just how much power it has - I can be accelerating at half-throttle and remember I have half again to give! Putting my foot to the floor on the commute home certainly makes me forget about work.

I've already replaced the antenna with a much shorter 14" one; and the CD player part of the Shaker 500 shat itself so that's being replaced with a Clarion head unit. After that, I'll probably focus on paying off the loan :/

Nice ride, but now we're going to have the Australia contingent come in here and tell us how much of an idiot you are because their six cylinders make 1000hp and 5000 ft-lb!

You only think you'll stop with those mods. Soon you'll have a CAI, exhaust, and hand held tuner as well.

Boiler
Dec 23, 2004
Shut up phone

frozenphil posted:

Nice ride, but now we're going to have the Australia contingent come in here and tell us how much of an idiot you are because their six cylinders make 1000hp and 5000 ft-lb!

You only think you'll stop with those mods. Soon you'll have a CAI, exhaust, and hand held tuner as well.

Yeah, but how much of those cars cost $20k second-hand? Not many! That's seriously the biggest reason why I didn't have anything more than the base model Falcon back home - anything new and fun is just too expensive.

Those mods are definitely on my list of "wants"; as is upgrading the suspension a bit. I need to work out how to handle how front-heavy this car is. I've never had a rear-wheel drive car understeer before, and the Mustang has done it twice in the wet now. Scary.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Boiler posted:

This is beautiful.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

Boiler posted:

Those mods are definitely on my list of "wants"; as is upgrading the suspension a bit. I need to work out how to handle how front-heavy this car is. I've never had a rear-wheel drive car understeer before, and the Mustang has done it twice in the wet now. Scary.

Tires and alignment will do wonders, I have some goodies planned for my SN95 and camber plates are at the top of the list.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Got some new shots of my Shelby a couple of weeks ago. These were taken at night with a 15s exposure time, with my friend Tony (he also took the pictures) painting the car with light from his iPhone. I have these in gigantic if anyone wants them.

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Scientifically proven to be more fuel efficient than hybrids!
poo poo that is hot, loving that color combination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
What can you guys tell me about the newer S197 convertible mustangs specifically the GT500s, as you know most of the mustang forums are a cluster.

My mother has wanted a Shelby cobra since before I can remember, and a convertible. We are now in a position to make her dreams come true, and she was one signature away from buying a Kona blue 2011 Roush stage 1 convertible but I got here to wait since I know that those are just an appearance package for the 7k extra. I think she would be scared of the 550 hp in the 2011 GT500, however I heard something about the my key thing which limits the speed??? anyway I think I am going to take her to Atlanta to look at some cars including some used GT500s this weekend and want to know some more about what I am looking at. So anything other than the stripes looking lovely I should be looking out for?

Holdbrooks fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Dec 16, 2010