Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spitshine
May 13, 2004
I may be bad, but I feel good.
I wish so hard that the Deadly Assassin outfit wasn't named that. I wish it didn't have an eyepatch. I wish that it had nothing to do with combat. Le sigh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sco Dylan
Feb 27, 2003

Help me help you

Spitshine posted:

I wish so hard that the Deadly Assassin outfit wasn't named that. I wish it didn't have an eyepatch. I wish that it had nothing to do with combat. Le sigh.

I'm terribly confused. I can see not wanting the eye patch, but what the hell does the rest of it matter in any way?

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
So, what's the best multiplayer experience with this game? I've been just doing Quick Matches but I tend to join games with few people and a huge gap in skill (read: I get my rear end handed to me). Is there something in particular that's more fun than the rest?

Sco Dylan
Feb 27, 2003

Help me help you

El Generico posted:

So, what's the best multiplayer experience with this game? I've been just doing Quick Matches but I tend to join games with few people and a huge gap in skill (read: I get my rear end handed to me). Is there something in particular that's more fun than the rest?

All of them are fun in different ways, but I usually jump around games or retry until I get a somewhat full game.

Gang matches are my favorite, and it cycles three different game types: Team Deathmatch (most kills = money wins), Grab The Bag (bags of gold spawn randomly, you have to grab them and return them to your team's chest), and Hold Your Own (your basic capture the flag gameplay).

There is a new one called Stronghold that came with one of the DLCs that is basically offense vs. defense with capture points, and it's very fun when you get balanced teams.

Undead Overrun is your basic zombie horde mode, survive waves of zombies while the clock counts down and you get more time with each successful wave survived.

Grand Prix is the horse races. Racing horses, after 5-10 seconds weapons become live and that's when the fun starts. Limited ammo and crap guns, so it's not just slaughtering eachother the whole time.

I love them all.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Capn Beeb posted:

All one really needs is a LeMat, a buffalo rifle, and tomahawks.

Lots and lots of tomahawks.

This man knows what's what.

Also gently caress trying to get this rear end in a top hat chupacabra to spawn.

Spitshine
May 13, 2004

Sco Dylan posted:

I'm terribly confused. I can see not wanting the eye patch, but what the hell does the rest of it matter in any way?
Because it was a cop-out direct appeal to the little halo call of duty kiddies, whether they realized it or not. You take all three outfits together and let the community vote on them, the DEADLY ASSASSIN GUNSLINGER WITH AN EYEPATCH is going to win the votes by a landslide just by nature of all the MW babies (formerly known as Counter Strike Kiddies back in yesteryear). And all for what? Ooh, Dead Eye Regen, you know, because you can't max Dead Eye in like, less than a handful of manual trigger-pull kills anyways. Whereas all the smart players realized the obvious benefits of economy-based rewards (2x skinning rewards / improved arms dealing) - Deadly Assassin should have been an available challenge outfit from the start as it aesthetically fits in well with the other standard "western" outfits and objectively isn't as unique/beneficial as the Master Hunter and Savvy Merchant. Then let the Hunters and Traders DLC have introduced three full and unique outfits instead of just two. Besides, now the DA outfit is still unavailable to some people just like the War Horse is still unavailable to everyone (don't get me started on this lame preorder monopoly phenomenon).

I'm happy we have the Hunting and Trading DLC now though, for free to boot. I just think the DA outfit was an initial creative cop-out in comparison to the novelty of the other two bonus outfits :words:

Fuzz posted:

Also gently caress trying to get this rear end in a top hat chupacabra to spawn.
The most interesting part of how much trouble people have with the chupacabra is that there's a stat listing how many times you've killed it. Half of these people can't seem to get it to spawn their FIRST time!

Spitshine fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Nov 13, 2010

Sco Dylan
Feb 27, 2003

Help me help you

Spitshine posted:

Because it was a cop-out direct appeal to the little halo call of duty kiddies, whether they realized it or not. You take all three outfits together and let the community vote on them, the DEADLY ASSASSIN GUNSLINGER WITH AN EYEPATCH is going to win the votes by a landslide just by nature of all the MW babies (formerly known as Counter Strike Kiddies back in yesteryear). And all for what? Ooh, Dead Eye Regen, you know, because you can't max Dead Eye in like, less than a handful of manual trigger-pull kills anyways. Whereas all the smart players realized the obvious benefits of economy-based rewards (2x skinning rewards / improved arms dealing) - Deadly Assassin should have been an available challenge outfit from the start as it aesthetically fits in well with the other standard "western" outfits and objectively isn't as unique/beneficial as the Master Hunter and Savvy Merchant. Then let the Hunters and Traders DLC have introduced three full and unique outfits instead of just two. Besides, now the DA outfit is still unavailable to some people just like the War Horse is still unavailable to everyone (don't get me started on this lame preorder monopoly phenomenon).

Now that you've explained it, I completely agree. I was looking at what you said in a completely different context.

I voted for the Merchant, fyi. As I said earlier in this thread, it was the most unique and would lend it self better to carving out it's own western niche.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Sco Dylan posted:

Now that you've explained it, I completely agree. I was looking at what you said in a completely different context.

I voted for the Merchant, fyi. As I said earlier in this thread, it was the most unique and would lend it self better to carving out it's own western niche.

I just wear the Hunting outfit all the time. Despite it making me look like a SPHINX member, the doubling of animal skins is worth its weight in gold. You can go to Tall Trees for a fifteen minutes and make two grand easily. Still, I wouldn't mind if the Solomon's Folly hideout, the Deadly Assassin outfit, and the War Horse made their ways to the 360 version of the game. It's not like we're going to get anything else for the game anyway until the inevitable sequel comes out.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Fuzz posted:

This man knows what's what.

FWIW, I know a lot of people have suggested Torquemada as a spawn location, but he showed up for me in Sidewinder Gulch. I gotta say I was kind of disappointed with his appearance. I was hoping for something a bit more reptilian and or something bigger. It is ugly as sin however, so good for them.

Whack
Feb 14, 2008
Does anyone know where I can obtain dynamite and the Undead Elixir for the Biographies and Lies quest? I used all of mine before starting that quest :(

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

PlasticPaddy posted:

Does anyone know where I can obtain dynamite and the Undead Elixir for the Biographies and Lies quest? I used all of mine before starting that quest :(

You can make more Undead Elixir, look in your Kit. As for the Dynamite, I have no idea... try rescuing a missing person, maybe?

Also gently caress this Chupacabra, I refuse to believe it actually exists.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Fuzz posted:

You can make more Undead Elixir, look in your Kit. As for the Dynamite, I have no idea... try rescuing a missing person, maybe?

Also gently caress this Chupacabra, I refuse to believe it actually exists.

Don't worry, it does. As soon as I finished the hunter quests, I went to that magical area in torquemada and BLAM, two mythical creatures.

Also, dynamite can be (uncommonly) found on ammo-zombies, but I'm sure you get it for saving a town. I think a west elizabeth town. But otherwise, go to cemeteries or just random spawn areas (the one at tumbleweed is always a fun spot to drain your ammo at).

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Morter posted:

Don't worry, it does. As soon as I finished the hunter quests, I went to that magical area in torquemada and BLAM, two mythical creatures.

Also, dynamite can be (uncommonly) found on ammo-zombies, but I'm sure you get it for saving a town. I think a west elizabeth town. But otherwise, go to cemeteries or just random spawn areas (the one at tumbleweed is always a fun spot to drain your ammo at).

Thieves Landing always has dynamite.

A Quiet American
Nov 5, 2008

PlasticPaddy posted:

I'm fairly certain if you check the quest notes (or whatever it's called in RDR) in the start menu it will tell you almost exactly where you need to go to fulfill the requirements. Undead Nightmare is pretty good at telling you what you need to do in order to finish a mission.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

I went to Chuparosa thinking it was somehow related to the Chupacabra and I found it before I reached the city gates.

Spitshine
May 13, 2004
^ Hahahaha good show!

CzarChasm posted:

FWIW, I know a lot of people have suggested Torquemada as a spawn location, but he showed up for me in Sidewinder Gulch. I gotta say I was kind of disappointed with his appearance. I was hoping for something a bit more reptilian and or something bigger. It is ugly as sin however, so good for them.
Yeah, when I first had the challenge to kill it, I woulda bet money I was going to find it in the caves in SE Mexico haha v:shobon:v

Spitshine fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 14, 2010

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Has anyone run into having unlimited "Undead Ribs"? I have them maxed and for some reason, they will not run out. With them as the only undead parts in my inventory (save for 1 or 2 animal parts), I was able to make about 47 blunderbuss ammo and I am still at max. I haven't unlocked any special outfits, nor the holy relic, but I am a Legendary Treasure Hunter and Sharpshooter, neither of which has a reward which supplies you with infinite ribs (increased ammo/item capacity and two rare weapons). Even though I'm able to hold more items, I certainly did not pick up more than 470 ribs. :psyduck:

Edit: Turns out...I have unlimited everything. I made undead bait without losing flowers, and made boom bait without losing either undead bait or dynamite. When I saved my game it didn't have any special *'s or anything so I'm sure I didn't cheat, and I'm more than sure my endgame save doesn't have this special little feature... and it turns out so does my endgame save. Huh...when do you end up unlocking this, then? Wish I would've known about it sooner. I'm going to chuck a bajillion boom bait in Jorge's Gap.

Fake edit: In the same breath, I just found Death outside of Ridgewood Farm without having to beat the game :woop:

Morter fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Nov 14, 2010

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Morter posted:

Has anyone run into having unlimited "Undead Ribs"? I have them maxed and for some reason, they will not run out. With them as the only undead parts in my inventory (save for 1 or 2 animal parts), I was able to make about 47 blunderbuss ammo and I am still at max. I haven't unlocked any special outfits, nor the holy relic, but I am a Legendary Treasure Hunter and Sharpshooter, neither of which has a reward which supplies you with infinite ribs (increased ammo/item capacity and two rare weapons). Even though I'm able to hold more items, I certainly did not pick up more than 470 ribs. :psyduck:

Edit: Turns out...I have unlimited everything. I made undead bait without losing flowers, and made boom bait without losing either undead bait or dynamite. When I saved my game it didn't have any special *'s or anything so I'm sure I didn't cheat, and I'm more than sure my endgame save doesn't have this special little feature... and it turns out so does my endgame save. Huh...when do you end up unlocking this, then? Wish I would've known about it sooner. I'm going to chuck a bajillion boom bait in Jorge's Gap.

Fake edit: In the same breath, I just found Death outside of Ridgewood Farm without having to beat the game :woop:

You get unlimited poo poo when you win the game or get 100%, I can't remember which. I think it refills after you retake a town or fight off some zombies.

And how do you 'make' Blunderbuss ammo? I've never known how to do that.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

You get unlimited poo poo when you win the game or get 100%, I can't remember which. I think it refills after you retake a town or fight off some zombies.

And how do you 'make' Blunderbuss ammo? I've never known how to do that.

I've done both on my endgame save. The odd thing is that this is a completely new save. Same gamertag. Even then, when I started out, I was able to run out of items by building things.

And you "build" things under the "Kit" section of your inventory, where there's things like "Build Blunderbuss Ammo" and "Build Boom Bait"

Whack
Feb 14, 2008
I finally finished the vanilla campaign and Undead Nightmare*. What an amazing game. RDR is the most fun I've had with a video game in years.

* Unless there's something to do after Jon becomes a zombie

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Spitshine posted:

Eyepatches own :colbert:

but god drat does that outfit look awful on Jack, jesus chriiiiist

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Came back to multiplayer after a looong time gone, decided to try friendly free roams so that I wasn't always getting sniped by someone over the horizon while trying to pick herbs or something. While trying to get out of Armadillo, though, I was repeatedly run over, had my horse shot out from under me if I called it, and had one guy light some dynamite and play suicide bomber. Why do people do this?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Awesome. Finally got everything and became the Legend of the Apocalypse without having to beat the game. I'm rather happy! The chupacabra showed up in the exact same place I found it last time: North West of Torquemada. After I slayed him, I went to bed at Casa Madrugada, and went back, and got the unicorn. BAM, both costumes unlocked. They both have puke on them. Plus, I chuckled when I unlocked the Holy Relic. Some good that'll do my endless kit :v:

Now for my final challenge, and I ask everyone who's gotten this far to participate: Finding a Semi-Auto Shotgun outside of the final mission.

An apocalypse most certainly did not stop me. :clint:

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Crappy Jack posted:

I mean, at the very least, if Marston was blind in one eye, he would be a TERRIBLE shot.
This man would like a word with you.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I'm sorry I post a lot but I'm all types of pissed now. After trawling around Mexico for god knows how long--and there aren't even that many zombies to kill--I ran into a random encounter where these two zombies were munching on some corpses. After killing them, I noticed a long barreled weapon at their side. Zooming in with my sniper rifle, I realized it was a shotgun, that looked exactly like this. I picked it up and it tells me Shotgun Ammo x2. I look through my weapons, and no semi-auto shotgun. Are you loving making GBS threads me :rant:

Edit: Also, my entire metagame is to find a semi-auto before beating the game. I know it's no big deal but it's frustrating as hell as it's my favorite shotgun. :smith:

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Doppelganger posted:

This man would like a word with you.

When Snake aims a gun in Peace Walker, he's holding it in front of his missing eye.

The only explanation for this is that Big Boss is so good at shooting, he doesn't even have to see his gun to do it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Crappy Jack posted:

When Snake aims a gun in Peace Walker, he's holding it in front of his missing eye.

The only explanation for this is that Big Boss is so good at shooting, he doesn't even have to see his gun to do it.

The only explanation is that Big Boss' gun is actually empty, and he's actually got a Skull Gun hidden behind that eyepatch. Either that or he's firing MIND BULLETS because after all, this is MGS. Crazy is expected.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Morter posted:

Also, my entire metagame is to find a semi-auto before beating the game. I know it's no big deal but it's frustrating as hell as it's my favorite shotgun. :smith:

I guess you just got unlucky or something because I got one very shortly after entering Nuevo Paraiso. I don't even remember exactly what it was a reward for, but rewards are pretty much random anyways. I think it was when I did a rescue mission at El Presidente... your results may vary.

Edit: Presidio, right :doh: I don't remember if it was there exactly, I just recall that being one of my first stops in Mexico. I definitely had it before I did Mexico's graveyard.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Nov 15, 2010

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Tewratomeh posted:

I guess you just got unlucky or something because I got one very shortly after entering Nuevo Paraiso. I don't even remember exactly what it was a reward for, but rewards are pretty much random anyways. I think it was when I did a rescue mission at El Presidente... your results may vary.

Do you mean El Presidio? I did all that in my 100% save, where I ironically missed out on the shotgun during my final mission. Since the missing souls in El Presidio were part of the achievement, I did all six. Still didn't get the shotgun. :(

If there are anymore tales or clues of pre-endgame semi-auto goodness, please let me know. I need clues and votes of confidence here.

Morter fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Nov 14, 2010

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

Bakanogami posted:

Came back to multiplayer after a looong time gone, decided to try friendly free roams so that I wasn't always getting sniped by someone over the horizon while trying to pick herbs or something. While trying to get out of Armadillo, though, I was repeatedly run over, had my horse shot out from under me if I called it, and had one guy light some dynamite and play suicide bomber. Why do people do this?

They can only have fun when they are ruining someone else's fun.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Bakanogami posted:

Whoops!

Spitshine posted:

Had a blast tonight playing with PSN Goon Darth_Brooks on Friendly Free Roam. I call it 'kidnapping' because the target players have very little control over their character during it, but we were spending the entire time trampling people and jihad-dynamiting them over and over. Hilarious.

The funniest thing is kidnapping people that are within Hunting Grounds, because between Darth and I trampling them, and them being charged/attacked by the animals, it became this vicious cycle of tumbling rear end over head and dying over and over :haw:

I'm an rear end in a top hat, I know. Friendly Mode more like Griefing Mode :shepface:

Darth Brooks posted:

I liked finding a stagecoach to run someone over with. I've lost my cool before being griefed so I want it to be as bizarre an experience as possible.

:laugh:

I'm sorry

IXCE
Nov 27, 2007

It's time to take naps and eat yum yum...and I'm all outta yum.
So I finally have a chance to get online and see that there isn't that many people on. I must of came pretty late to the party though I did see Darth Brooks.

Sorry about the other night, I couldn't hear what you were saying since my roommate had his tv so loud and I don't have a mic myself. Maybe next time?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

IXCE posted:

So I finally have a chance to get online and see that there isn't that many people on. I must of came pretty late to the party though I did see Darth Brooks.

Sorry about the other night, I couldn't hear what you were saying since my roommate had his tv so loud and I don't have a mic myself. Maybe next time?

I saw you online playing RDR earlier today but I was just wrapping up rescuing lost people in undead to get my 100%. I've been playing rock band 3 a lot lately but I finished all the road challenges in that too, so if you're ever online and wanna goof around in RDR just drop me a message on psn. Also, get a mic :P

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I think I need a break from RB3, so tomorrow night I think is good for RDR if you guys are available. No, I don't have a mic. :(

PSN: DrSmasher

I'm kinda jonesin' for some Undead Overrun lately

Dr.Smasher fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Nov 15, 2010

Pleatherface
Oct 24, 2004
Are there any murmurs about any additional content or is the consensus that what we have is what we get?

Spitshine
May 13, 2004

Pleatherface posted:

Are there any murmurs about any additional content or is the consensus that what we have is what we get?
I want a goddamn War Horse :colbert:

Also, I laughed when I read about that guy getting griefed in Friendly Mode. What is it with you nancies not being able to figure out how to avoid/foil people that you don't like playing with?

I never get griefed.

Life is good.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Pleatherface posted:

UN has only been out for less than a month... I'd hold off before we start pronouncing the future DLC scene dead for this game. After all, Ballad of Gay Tony wasn't announced until almost (if not over?) a year after GTA4 came out. I'd bet Rockstar knows that RDR has quite a bit of (un)life (:haw:) left in it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Fuzz posted:

UN has only been out for less than a month... I'd hold off before we start pronouncing the future DLC scene dead for this game. After all, Ballad of Gay Tony wasn't announced until almost (if not over?) a year after GTA4 came out. I'd bet Rockstar knows that RDR has quite a bit of (un)life (:haw:) left in it.

We knew about Ballad of Gay Tony before GTA IV released, when they said that the Xbox 360 was getting the two exclusive expansions. We just didn't know its name.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Originally there were 5 DLC packs planned, the first of course being the co-op add on that came shortly after release. The others were Legends and Killers, Liars and Cheats, Free Roam, and Undead Nightmare. The free roam stuff just ended up being integrated into Liars and Cheats mainly, and the friendly free roam mode came in an update. So yeah, as with GTA4 the plans are in place long before the game comes out, and I'd say they've stuck to and fulfilled their plan pretty well at this point. I'd like to think they're working on the next big thing now, because as much as I enjoy DLC, I'll enjoy a whole new game even more.

Also what is up with PS3 people not getting mics? My best friend still doesn't have a mic and when we play I keep asking what he wants to do next then realizing he can't speak. I end up just saying "Okay if you want to do a gang hideout, spin your horse around, if you wanna go shoot cougars fire once into the air..." Then he normally just shoots my horse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Well, now I wish I han't spoiled myself. I read all about the story of Undead Nightmare and from the way it was talked about in this thread, it sounded like it was a Bad End-type story. I won't be getting it now that I know everything that goes on in the plot, but drat. That'll teach me to read reactions to games before I buy them :downs:

• Locked thread