Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Hadlock posted:

Tell me about your oak pedal board holding everything together

edit: serious post

Birch actually.

Well it started with some birch plywood I bought at Lowes. I cut the boards to fit a case I had already picked out. Here's how it started:

With this case:

I had some spare pine 2x4 sitting around, so I cut it for some supports for the tier:

Screwed it all together, put down some strips of velcro, and voila!

The case had a lot of extra padding (it's meant for a turntable), so I had to gut one side of it in order for the board to fit and the lid to close completely.

I'm currently in the process of routing-out the middle of the tier for better cable management, and painting the whole thing with some texture rustoleum paint. And I added some velcro to the side so I can easily mount my direct-in box.

Scarf fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Nov 19, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Uncle Phil posted:

Boss SYB-5 Bass Synth

I got one a couple of days ago too. It feels like it REALLY needs the expression pedal to make the most out of it, especially setting number 8, so maybe look into getting one of those? It's also a handy addition in the long run as a lot of more high end pedals can utilise them in one way or another, for example to control delay time.

If you are really struggling with the SYB 5, I would suggest reading a basic guide to synthesis and perhaps one on waveshaping to get a better idea of what the knobs you are tweaking are actually doing to your sound, it will make it a lot less hit and miss.

Make sure the SYB is first in your pedal chain: this gives it the most accurate pitch tracking. Also bear in mind that only settings 10 and 11 are polyphonic, (will allow you to play chords without going mental) the actual synth settings are only monophonic and you have to play cleanly to get the most out of it.

Whilst it may seem stupid to have to adjust your playing style to make a pedal work, in the long run your technique will benefit too from having to play so cleanly.

In regards to your distortion lust, your overdrive adds grit and warmth, rather than distortion. Although they all do similar things, there is a big difference between how an overdrive, a distortion (like your RAT) and a fuzz pedal (the Muffs) will act upon your signal, and again placement in the chain will have a huge effect on how it sounds.

I tend towards leaving distortions to second last in my chain (only the delay between distortion and amp) and have all my other poo poo (SYB 5, Whammy and wah) before it.

Hopefully I don't sound too dickish, but I think doing a little research on what these effects do to your signal will be really useful for you.

Good luck, and post any decent settings you come up with on your SYB!

Uncle Phil
Nov 1, 2010

BittyWings posted:

I got one a couple of days ago too. It feels like it REALLY needs the expression pedal to make the most out of it, especially setting number 8, so maybe look into getting one of those? It's also a handy addition in the long run as a lot of more high end pedals can utilise them in one way or another, for example to control delay time.

If you are really struggling with the SYB 5, I would suggest reading a basic guide to synthesis and perhaps one on waveshaping to get a better idea of what the knobs you are tweaking are actually doing to your sound, it will make it a lot less hit and miss.

Make sure the SYB is first in your pedal chain: this gives it the most accurate pitch tracking. Also bear in mind that only settings 10 and 11 are polyphonic, (will allow you to play chords without going mental) the actual synth settings are only monophonic and you have to play cleanly to get the most out of it.

Whilst it may seem stupid to have to adjust your playing style to make a pedal work, in the long run your technique will benefit too from having to play so cleanly.

In regards to your distortion lust, your overdrive adds grit and warmth, rather than distortion. Although they all do similar things, there is a big difference between how an overdrive, a distortion (like your RAT) and a fuzz pedal (the Muffs) will act upon your signal, and again placement in the chain will have a huge effect on how it sounds.

I tend towards leaving distortions to second last in my chain (only the delay between distortion and amp) and have all my other poo poo (SYB 5, Whammy and wah) before it.

Hopefully I don't sound too dickish, but I think doing a little research on what these effects do to your signal will be really useful for you.

Good luck, and post any decent settings you come up with on your SYB!

Thanks for this post, also thanks for your input Scarf.

I sold the SYB for what I had into it, just not what I wanted.

You do not sound dickish, I actually covet this knowledge. Is there a good resource I can just read on this? or is this investigation and piecing it all together?

I am cutting the RAT out of my bass arsenal. It destroys my low ends. Bass overdrive is all I have right now, but I am going to have an elctroharmonix reverb this weekend. Going to do some research before I get into the more serious pedals, but looking to get into them ASAP. So, bring the knowledge my friends.

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
Can someone give me the lowdown on how to use the effects loop on an amp, and what types of pedals you'd usually use before and in the loop?

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...

Boz0r posted:

Can someone give me the lowdown on how to use the effects loop on an amp, and what types of pedals you'd usually use before and in the loop?

Reverb/Delay(Echo+Phase+Chorus)/Tremolo, maybe an EQ in the loop.

Dirt, Compression, Wah, Synth pedals at the line in.

But really you can put all of them before the loop if you want. It kind of depends on whether/how you use overdrive on the amp, and the tonal coloring of that amp's stack. It's more-or-less just an option.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Boz0r posted:

Basically, the loop lets you put effects in between the preamp and power amp. If you want to affect the overdriven sound coming out of your preamp, then put it in your loop. It matters a lot less if you're running your amp clean.

If you have multiple amps, you can also mix and match their preamps and power amps by plugging the effects send of one into the effects receive of another.

Like Hubis said, typically reverbs, delays and EQs are put into the loop. Just experiment though, I actually prefer delays in front of the amp so that the repeats clean up as they decay.

plester1 fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Nov 23, 2010

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Uncle Phil posted:

Thanks for this post, also thanks for your input Scarf.

I sold the SYB for what I had into it, just not what I wanted.

You do not sound dickish, I actually covet this knowledge. Is there a good resource I can just read on this? or is this investigation and piecing it all together?

I am cutting the RAT out of my bass arsenal. It destroys my low ends. Bass overdrive is all I have right now, but I am going to have an elctroharmonix reverb this weekend. Going to do some research before I get into the more serious pedals, but looking to get into them ASAP. So, bring the knowledge my friends.

A good place to check out (in general) is musicradar.com- it's the collective website for Total Guitar, Future Music, Computer Music etc etc- basically all the muso mags published by Future (here in the UK, anyway). Basically covers everything you'll need.

Amptone isn't the sexiest looking site out there, but has a wealth of info for all your pedal needs.

Here's their take on differences between distortion/fuzz etc

http://www.amptone.com/distpedtypes.htm

Beyond that, I think you may actually be better off (for now) getting a second hand cheapy bass multi-fx unit (Zoom 506 for example) off the 'bay or something, that way you can try out the majority of effects cheaply and easily (even more oddball ones like SYB style synths that cost loads on their own and can be tricky to track down) and find out what you like and go from there. It's also a handy way of trying out combinations of effects- it's amazing what a difference a bit of chorus will do to a delayed (echoed) sound.

I reckon Scarf pretty much has it covered in terms of bass essentials (I'm pretty jealous- could really do with an autowah/envelope filter and the EH ones are so sexy) so go from his board as a starting point for types (not necessarily models) of pedal to look into.

Uncle Phil
Nov 1, 2010
Well, I have added a Holy Grail reverb to my arsenal. Next up is either the Memory Man or Line 6 loop station, maybe a cheap chorus. I really need a good DISTORTION though, something mean. Already using an overdrive, I have the ProCo RAT, but it cuts out all low end. Otherwise it's perfect. So, the RAT is out and I need something mean to help me texture.

ESPECIALLY since my current band is only running two bases and no guitar, me and the other bassist have to really mind our tones and effects to make sure we are getting a full sound.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Uncle Phil posted:

Well, I have added a Holy Grail reverb to my arsenal. Next up is either the Memory Man or Line 6 loop station, maybe a cheap chorus. I really need a good DISTORTION though, something mean. Already using an overdrive, I have the ProCo RAT, but it cuts out all low end. Otherwise it's perfect. So, the RAT is out and I need something mean to help me texture.

ESPECIALLY since my current band is only running two bases and no guitar, me and the other bassist have to really mind our tones and effects to make sure we are getting a full sound.

I've had good luck using a DS-1 for bass distortion. There's actually a popular mod for making it even more appropriate for using with bass called the Penny Pedals mod.

This is assuming you know you don't want an overdrive or fuzz. I absolutely love the Boss ODB-3, DOD OD-250, and EHX Big Muff Pi if you want to stray further into that territory.

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
Hello musician types! This is my first post in this section of the forums and I come seeking distortion advice. My last distortion pedal was a Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde which was okay but I never loved the sound. It ceased to function about 4 months ago and I am left with no distortion. I am starting my band back up and could really use one. My current pedal situation is pretty small. I have a devi-ever Hyperion fuzz, A danelectro wasabi delay, a digitech c7 chorus modeler and a whammy which need to get fixed because I blew something up in it while experimenting with sounds.

I play mostly weird indie stuff that uses noises occasionally (think issac brock for inspiration). I don't need one that gets as heavy as a metal type distortion but I would like to get up to a heavy marshally kind of distortion occasionnally but besides that I mostly need it for lite distortion use and I would also like it to respond well to dynamics and such. I apologize as this is worded horribly but if anyone has any advice I would appreciate it. I could spend around 100 or less dollars (us) but I could go as high as 200 if it is built to last.

Thanks.

New God
Jun 2, 2007

It takes shades of faggotry to make an awesome rainbow

Behold! A Elk! posted:

Hello musician types! This is my first post in this section of the forums and I come seeking distortion advice. My last distortion pedal was a Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde which was okay but I never loved the sound. It ceased to function about 4 months ago and I am left with no distortion. I am starting my band back up and could really use one. My current pedal situation is pretty small. I have a devi-ever Hyperion fuzz, A danelectro wasabi delay, a digitech c7 chorus modeler and a whammy which need to get fixed because I blew something up in it while experimenting with sounds.

I play mostly weird indie stuff that uses noises occasionally (think issac brock for inspiration). I don't need one that gets as heavy as a metal type distortion but I would like to get up to a heavy marshally kind of distortion occasionnally but besides that I mostly need it for lite distortion use and I would also like it to respond well to dynamics and such. I apologize as this is worded horribly but if anyone has any advice I would appreciate it. I could spend around 100 or less dollars (us) but I could go as high as 200 if it is built to last.

Thanks.

Well IMO an MXR distortion+ is a good all around distortion pedal for very cheap(50$?). Look them up on youtube, but they go from calm to extreme pretty well. It isnt the warmest pedal out there though, so if you are going for a tube-ish warmth thing check out the fulltone OCD, its basically a bassman/marshall in a box (but costs like 150$). I have both and love them to death.

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
Thanks I actually don't like overly warm pedals anyway. I enjoy a bit of harshness actually. maybe thats not the right word but I dont like them when they are too... Creamy? that sounds right. whatever. Thanks again I will check that out.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Right after getting an M13 I'm coming to the conclusion delay and looping are the only effects I ever really use and that I dont really need many guitar effects at all, let alone a big multieffects.

However, the M13s looper features are boss as all hell and I cant give it up.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Hey guys, my roommate is a bass player and a huge Geddy Lee fan and is thinking of getting some effects pedals. He wants his first one to be either flanger or a fuzz pedal, any recommendations on brands/models?

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Fuzzhugger Great Wall is awesome on bass. I did a bass-only demo of it when a tourbox went around, let me see if I can find it...

Found it. Alright, I'm not the greatest bassist in the world or anything, but I liked how this mixed with, er, the guitar part, which was also using the Great Wall fuzz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeibHQYtYR4

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!
I've been using a Boss GT-8 multi effects pedal for years, but I've never really used it beyond fiddling with a few existing presets. I don't think I'm really getting much value for money out of it-- I certainly don't really know how to use it properly-- and I'm thinking of selling it and getting two or three single effects units, which in all my ten years of playing guitar I've never actually used. To my mind they'd be simpler to use and the idea of just plugging things in different orders as opposed to cycling through counter-intuitive digital displays is appealing. Is this a good idea?

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I was in your exact situation at the 10-year mark and it was totally worth it. However, if you want good pedals, you'll only be able to get 1 or 2 of those for the amount of money you'll get for the GT-8 on Ebay ($200-$250).
Really, you could keep it and buy one or two good distortion pedals to go with it because its only real weak point is the distortion effects.

Nah, dump it.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Epi Lepi posted:

Hey guys, my roommate is a bass player and a huge Geddy Lee fan and is thinking of getting some effects pedals. He wants his first one to be either flanger or a fuzz pedal, any recommendations on brands/models?

I use an MXR EVH Flanger on bass, though the standard one also sounds pretty good.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Agreed posted:

Fuzzhugger Great Wall

I really like my Great Wall fuzz pedal; it does everything I could ever ask, although I'm still in the market for a Double Muff (because nothing else sounds quite like a double muff).

It looks like the models sold today are a different design than the original review boxes; at least, there are far fewer knobs than there used to be. I don't know if the actual circuit design has changed at all.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

He just tightened it up, and improved the switch setup. The modern ones are better than the old ones at pretty much everything. That was the prototype, man, two years ago?

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
What effect is used in the outro of Dirty Diana by Michael Jackson to get that swirling out of control sound?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC0RwiOpQns&t=4m19s

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Boz0r posted:

What effect is used in the outro of Dirty Diana by Michael Jackson to get that swirling out of control sound?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC0RwiOpQns&t=4m19s

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Stevens

"Steve Stevens is well known for his use of a Raygun sound effect in the Billy Idol song Rebel Yell. This sound effect was created by using a toy raygun held up to the pickups, according to a Guitar World interview. He now uses a real toy raygun that produces the sound effect, equipped with a pitch bender and a repeat changer."

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Pressed for time so I didn't look to see if a similar question had been asked, but I'm interested in chorus pedals, specifically either a EHX small clone or a boss super chorus. Now digitech makes a cs7 chorus factory that is supposed to emulate those and a few other sounds, but the youtubes I've found aren't great quality to judge by. It's not an expensive pedal, but is it at all worth it? I can't imagine it would be but...

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat
A few quick questions:
1. I have it on good authority that I'll soon be getting an El Capistan. At that point there's probably no sense in keeping my DD-7, right? I know the El Cap doesn't do digital delays or long delays, but I don't ever really do any of that. I also have an RC-20 so I don't need the DD-7 for looping/sound on sound either. I spent most of the time with the DD-7 in either analog or modulate mode, which lead me to think that I really didn't want a digital delay in the first place.

2. Are there any alternatives to the EHX POG2? I think I want an octave pedal and I really like the modulation / attack delay stuff the POG2 does. I tried some monophonic octave pedals at guitar center but they didn't track really well (especially on the low E string) and obviously couldn't do chords.

Hungry Joe
Nov 27, 2006

DDFH

big business sloth posted:

Pressed for time so I didn't look to see if a similar question had been asked, but I'm interested in chorus pedals, specifically either a EHX small clone or a boss super chorus. Now digitech makes a cs7 chorus factory that is supposed to emulate those and a few other sounds, but the youtubes I've found aren't great quality to judge by. It's not an expensive pedal, but is it at all worth it? I can't imagine it would be but...

I have the ehx small clone(actually got it on sa-mart) and I absolutely love it. I definitely prefer it to the boss and think it has a much better tone and sound quality. Something to think about though is that the ehx polarity is different than most pedals if you're a power supply that doesn't automatically adjust.

My only complaint about the small clone is that it sometimes pops the first time you turn it on. I just turn it on and off with the amp off before though and the problem is fixed.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Does anyone know of a Loop pedal that can have it's tempo set with a knob using exact BPM numbers instead of just tapping in the tempo?

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

Hungry Joe posted:

I have the ehx small clone(actually got it on sa-mart) and I absolutely love it. I definitely prefer it to the boss and think it has a much better tone and sound quality. Something to think about though is that the ehx polarity is different than most pedals if you're a power supply that doesn't automatically adjust.

My only complaint about the small clone is that it sometimes pops the first time you turn it on. I just turn it on and off with the amp off before though and the problem is fixed.

Oh definitely, I mean I love the small clone sound, but for a bit of a harsher, husker du kinda tone I like the super chorus, I was wondering if the chorus factory actually realistically emulates both sounds.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

big business sloth posted:

Oh definitely, I mean I love the small clone sound, but for a bit of a harsher, husker du kinda tone I like the super chorus, I was wondering if the chorus factory actually realistically emulates both sounds.

Don't mess around with these lesser chorus pedals... if you want harsh and crazy get a Polychorus.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Couple of quick questions:

1) I'm looking to get a Compressor, but I don't really know much about them. I know what they do in theory, but even after messing around with a Dynacomp for a bit in Guitar Center, I feel like I don't have a good conception of what the difference actually sounds like. I'm currently using a 7 string with EMG 707s into a 5150 II, and the only other pedals in my board are a tuner, noise gate, and (soon, but we'll get to that later) an OD pedal.

I was thinking the Dynacomp because its cheap, I've heard good things about it, and its simple. As I said, I messed around with one at GC and wasn't too impressed, but I've never been able to get a good feel for a pedal with the crappy setups they always have for demoing pedals. For 65 bucks, should I just grab one and sell it if I don't like it? What are some other options for reasonably priced compressors?

2) I want to get a tubescreamer or similar type of pedal. When my band recorded our EP, the engineer had a modded tubescreamer that we used for a couple of tracks and it sounded badass. Problem is, there are about a thousand different types of tubescreamers, lots of people seem to think some of the newer models are poo poo, etc. Any advice? I like my tone to be pretty big, dark, and heavy, which the 5150 does well, but I'd also like to be able to add a little more bite and definition. I'd also like to be able to kick it on over the 5150's clean channel and get a kind of gritty clean/crunch type tone. Doable?

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

Drifter287 posted:

Couple of quick questions:

1) I'm looking to get a Compressor, but I don't really know much about them. I know what they do in theory, but even after messing around with a Dynacomp for a bit in Guitar Center, I feel like I don't have a good conception of what the difference actually sounds like. I'm currently using a 7 string with EMG 707s into a 5150 II, and the only other pedals in my board are a tuner, noise gate, and (soon, but we'll get to that later) an OD pedal.

I was thinking the Dynacomp because its cheap, I've heard good things about it, and its simple. As I said, I messed around with one at GC and wasn't too impressed, but I've never been able to get a good feel for a pedal with the crappy setups they always have for demoing pedals. For 65 bucks, should I just grab one and sell it if I don't like it? What are some other options for reasonably priced compressors?

2) I want to get a tubescreamer or similar type of pedal. When my band recorded our EP, the engineer had a modded tubescreamer that we used for a couple of tracks and it sounded badass. Problem is, there are about a thousand different types of tubescreamers, lots of people seem to think some of the newer models are poo poo, etc. Any advice? I like my tone to be pretty big, dark, and heavy, which the 5150 does well, but I'd also like to be able to add a little more bite and definition. I'd also like to be able to kick it on over the 5150's clean channel and get a kind of gritty clean/crunch type tone. Doable?

This guy has reviewed a poo poo ton of compressors. They're mostly from a bass POV, but mostly should carry over to guitar usage. I ended up going with a BBE Opto Stomp, which I like (also using on bass) and is around your price range.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Narwhale posted:

This guy has reviewed a poo poo ton of compressors. They're mostly from a bass POV, but mostly should carry over to guitar usage. I ended up going with a BBE Opto Stomp, which I like (also using on bass) and is around your price range.

More importantly, he has a FAQ and description about Compressors and what they do that EVERY musician should read:

http://www.ovnilab.com/faq.shtml

pimpology 101
Aug 6, 2006
Pimpin' ain't easy.
Does anyone have any experience with the EHX Germanium Muff?
I was thinking about getting it since it would be cheaper to get it rather than an overdrive and distortion separately.

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

Watch For Fleeing Immigrants

d0grent posted:

Does anyone know of a Loop pedal that can have it's tempo set with a knob using exact BPM numbers instead of just tapping in the tempo?

I think tap would be more useful, unless your drummer also has a dial to set his tempo. If you're trying to record something with like a drum machine/loop you'd be better off with the software delay so it doesn't compress or cause unnecessary overdrive (same idea as using the effects loop in your amp).

It looks like there's one out there called the Nova delay, but whether that's good for you totally depends on the application. What's the situation you need a delay for?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pimpology 101 posted:

Does anyone have any experience with the EHX Germanium Muff?
I was thinking about getting it since it would be cheaper to get it rather than an overdrive and distortion separately.

The Germanium stuff has a very unique tone. Just make sure that's what you're looking for before dropping the cash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q7d4y-G3TE

Uncle Phil
Nov 1, 2010
EHX micro synth, would this cut the lows on my bass? pawn shop near me has one and I DO WANT, but if it's not right, it's not right.

Number 2, I am thinking about just making my own beastly distortion pedal, anyone have any experience making your own effects pedal?

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Uncle Phil posted:

EHX micro synth, would this cut the lows on my bass? pawn shop near me has one and I DO WANT, but if it's not right, it's not right.

Number 2, I am thinking about just making my own beastly distortion pedal, anyone have any experience making your own effects pedal?

If it's a Guitar Micro Synth, it sounds fine on a bass. If you don't like the sound and it's the old style sheetmetal case (I think the new XO sized ones are all surface mount inside), they're pretty easy to convert to the bass version if you want.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Scarf posted:

The Germanium stuff has a very unique tone. Just make sure that's what you're looking for before dropping the cash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q7d4y-G3TE

Somehow this slipped through my net; let me get this straight, the distortion effect on the right is the traditional big muff pi effect, but with germanium transistors; the distortion effect on the left is a bonus overdrive effect completely unrelated to the big muff pi pedal, but thrown in there for shits a giggles, and also with two germanium transistors?

Sort of like their marketing department decided that two germanium pedals was too few a number of products to release a germanium line, and they didn't have a legitimate need for a third, so they just squished the two products in to a slightly larger enclosure and sold it as one unit? Am I getting this right?

If I seem skeptical, it's because I bought that stupid Holy Stain multi-effects pedal, which electronically is completely different, but in practice is very similar, and I got burned pretty hard on the distortion effect of the Holy Stain, so I am wary of anything EHX puts out that has more than one primary purpose. I'm in the market for a Big Muff so this is making me look again at their multi-effects units, even if this one is fully analog.

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Dec 26, 2010

Uncle Phil
Nov 1, 2010
Well, going to make a pedal board next weekend. Have added quite a few pedals lately. Boss bass overdrive, RAT distortion, Holy Grail reverb, EHX Micro-synth, Line 6 loop/delay station (the green one). Very happy about it all. Thinking about adding one more distortion, maybe a tremolo and an EQ or two, but no rush on any of that.

Next on the list is replacing my ampeg 15 cabinets.

cancelope
Sep 23, 2010

The cops want to search the train
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask in, but I am looking for a VST... Back when I had a Mac I used Logic; it would tell me what notes I was playing on a MIDI keyboard and even tell me the chord if pressing more than one key at once. Using the piano as a compositional aid and not having so much experience in it, I found it very useful. Anyone know of a MIDI VST that can tell me not the MIDI control signals but the combined chord I'm hammering on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l
If this makes it to market, it's gonna be amazing:

The Effector 13 Fuzz Console

Basically, it's a modular pedal that will allow you to swap circuits in and out easily. Some pretty awesome boutique pedal builders have volunteered to build cartridges.

Not sure if I want to pre-order it, but man, I'd love to shell out $50 a piece for Fuzzhugger, Dwarfcraft, Mid-Fi and smallsound/bigsound effects.