Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Morter posted:

Holy crap, more than a day since a post? :(

Anyway, I know this isn't a big deal (hell, I like it), but has anyone been loading up new saves in Undead Nightmare with extra ammo? Yesterday I started up a save and had over 200 pistol rounds in reserve. I spend an idle trip around Mexico last night using nothing but the volcanic pistol, so I dip just under 170 (I would've used more but I was tired plus some random human-to-zombie corpse had 41 pistol rounds). I save and turn it off. This morning I wake up and I have 275 pistol rounds in reserve!! And maxed out revolver rounds, too...who the hell's shoveling pistol rounds in my pockets? :arghfist:

Did you complete the game or get 100%? One of the side effects that they hint at is now unlimited ammo. Plus, if you're wearing the Undead Hunter suit, it has a relic that refills your ammo once a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Did you complete the game or get 100%? One of the side effects that they hint at is now unlimited ammo. Plus, if you're wearing the Undead Hunter suit, it has a relic that refills your ammo once a day.

Oh, does the relic do that on it's own? I was under the impression that you had to use it from the inventory. Plus, I'm wearing the Legend outfit.

I don't have 100% on this save. Haven't even beaten the game yet. Like I mentioned on earlier posts, I have 100% on a different save, but some of the effects did bleed over, mainly the fact that I can't use up provisions to make items. Unlimited Phosphorus rounds make zombies = :supaburn:

Either way, I left the pistol rounds at 100, to see how much (if at all) I get next time.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

I just finished Undead Nightmare last night. Ending felt a bit sudden but it was a fun ride :).

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
Gonna find that drat Chupacabra, even if it kills me. Seriously, the whole Internet can't form a consensus on where the gently caress this thing shows up.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Jefferoo posted:

Gonna find that drat Chupacabra, even if it kills me. Seriously, the whole Internet can't form a consensus on where the gently caress this thing shows up.

The answer is 'ride around until you see a blue dot.' Honestly, it's random like Death the Apocalyhorse is. Just have fun and it'll pop up soon enough.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Jefferoo posted:

Seriously, gently caress that thing.

itsnice2bnice
Mar 21, 2010

Is it still possible to complete the challenge where you have to kill every type of zombie in one dead-eye sequence when I've saved all the towns and done all the story missions? Because I can't find all of the required types in one place, there are some small groups of three or four regular zombies shambling around but that's it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How are people finding competitive online matches? I can't seem to get into anything on PSN. :/ What online game modes is everyone playing?

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

I said come in! posted:

How are people finding competitive online matches? I can't seem to get into anything on PSN. :/ What online game modes is everyone playing?

Stronghold and Undead Overrun still seem to be popular. Land Grab is as well. Horse racing, Poker, Liars Dice... not so much

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

a 16 year old girl posted:

Is it still possible to complete the challenge where you have to kill every type of zombie in one dead-eye sequence when I've saved all the towns and done all the story missions? Because I can't find all of the required types in one place, there are some small groups of three or four regular zombies shambling around but that's it.

Oh yeah. For the spitting zombies, just head down to Mexico. You can pretty much get them all outside of El Presidio.

Prophecy0
Jun 27, 2004

Jefferoo posted:

I bet this was completely coincidental, but I lassoed a goat in south Perdido and just trotted down the road a ways. Less than a minute later I was attacked by the Chupacabra. I'm having a harder time getting Pestilence to spawn. I've been riding around Tall Trees forever with no luck.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
Have you completed the Undead Hunter Rank 5 challenges? I don't think it will spawn until you've done that.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Philip J Fry posted:

Have you completed the Undead Hunter Rank 5 challenges? I don't think it will spawn until you've done that.

You can't do one of them without having first killed the Chupacabra. It requires you to tame a unicorn.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
Oh, the wiki must be wrong then. They're usually pretty good about that stuff.

Pleatherface
Oct 24, 2004
I was fairly dissapointed that the Unicorn didn't have any powers. Unless you count butterflies and rear end rainbows as powers.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Hey here's a really late question that's probably already been answered. What's the song in Undead Nightmare that plays when you get to Mexico?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

TheJoker138 posted:

Hey here's a really late question that's probably already been answered. What's the song in Undead Nightmare that plays when you get to Mexico?

There's a song? I didn't get any song. :smith:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Fuzz posted:

Yeah, it's like a psychobilly thing about zombies.

EDIT: It might not have been when you get to Mexico, but later than that. Here it is but no info on artist or title-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3zYFbQ7KnY

EDIT 2: Nevermind, he edited since I looked at it last time and has a real rip of it there with the name of both the title and artist.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Fuzz posted:

It plays when you get sent on your way to Escalera

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I said come in! posted:

It's hard for me to wait on PSN because I have to switch back and forth between having the internet on the computer and having it connected to the PS3. It might be best to say that monday night (or some other night) we'll get together and kick around.

I'd still like to do some horse racing and a few other things.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Pleatherface posted:

I was fairly dissapointed that the Unicorn didn't have any powers. Unless you count butterflies and rear end rainbows as powers.

The Wiki notes it as being the fastest horse in the game. Then again, the mounts in Undead Nightmare weren't that well thought out. You could tell Famine and Pestilence were just given up on and stuff was made up for them. You would think they would have made them faster somehow or just insanely overpowered.

The unicorn, it seems, is a glorified prize animal. You can't get it unless you catch it over and over again.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Hey! Don't talk down about Skittles :mad:

Nothing is more awesome in this game than riding him and trampling people, while screaming TASTE THE RAINBOW BITCHES!!!!!

I do wish you could move the horses into the regular game though. I miss War :(

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Hey! Don't talk down about Skittles :mad:

He doesn't impale people, and that's a bad thing.

pech
Jul 19, 2004

I just got a ps3 and RDR. I had played it at my friends on her xbox and it seemed to run a lot smoother on hers. Do you guys with ps3 seem to get graphical lag/low frame rate? I'm even getting it in cut scenes. Are there any settings that could help with it? I didn't notice any graphical lag when i was playing it on my friends xbox. :(

I have a sony bravia ex 40-500 TV if that means anything. I just got the TV and ps3 last friday. Thanks for possibly answering my retarded questions. I am loving the game so far. Mexico is awesome, even if i get assraped by coyotes whenever i go out at night.

Foller Charlie. He's a good one to sniff out trouble.:dogout:

pech fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Nov 22, 2010

ydaetskcoR
Apr 29, 2008

Dr.Smasher posted:

Stronghold and Undead Overrun still seem to be popular. Land Grab is as well. Horse racing, Poker, Liars Dice... not so much

On the 360 I've yet to be able to find a single active Stronghold game since I bought the DLC but there's a fair few Liar's Dice and Poker games going on and it's easy to find pretty full free roam games. I had a few half full gang matches but other than that everything is pretty much dead.

If each playlist had a number showing how many people were playing it, it might be a little better. As it is I just jump from playlist to playlist and hope.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

ydaetskcoR posted:

On the 360 I've yet to be able to find a single active Stronghold game since I bought the DLC but there's a fair few Liar's Dice and Poker games going on and it's easy to find pretty full free roam games. I had a few half full gang matches but other than that everything is pretty much dead.

If each playlist had a number showing how many people were playing it, it might be a little better. As it is I just jump from playlist to playlist and hope.

I havent been able to find a hardcore stronghold or Legends and Killers hardcore gangmatch, fffuuuu.

A Quiet American
Nov 5, 2008

OrangeCrush posted:

I havent been able to find a hardcore stronghold or Legends and Killers hardcore gangmatch, fffuuuu.
I haven't been able to find a full liar's dice or poker table in ages. If I do, they generally empty after the first round/hand.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
I find it awfully strange, considering this game is still sitting around top 15 on xbl.

major nelson posted:

So, without further delay, here is what you and you friends were playing on Xbox LIVE last week:

Xbox 360 Top LIVE Titles (based on UU’s)

1 Call of Duty: Black Ops
2 Modern Warfare 2
3 Halo: Reach
4 FIFA Soccer 11
5 Fable III
6 Fallout: New Vegas
7 Call of Duty: WaW
8 Madden NFL 11
9 Call of Duty 4
10 Halo 3
11 NBA 2K11
12 GTA IV
13 Red Dead Redemption
14 Gears of War 2
15 Battlefield: Bad Co. 2
16 Kinect Adventures!
17 Medal of Honor
18 NHL 11
19 Forza Motorsport 3
20 FIFA 10

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

eletist posted:

I just got a ps3 and RDR. I had played it at my friends on her xbox and it seemed to run a lot smoother on hers. Do you guys with ps3 seem to get graphical lag/low frame rate? I'm even getting it in cut scenes. Are there any settings that could help with it? I didn't notice any graphical lag when i was playing it on my friends xbox. :(

I have a sony bravia ex 40-500 TV if that means anything. I just got the TV and ps3 last friday. Thanks for possibly answering my retarded questions. I am loving the game so far. Mexico is awesome, even if i get assraped by coyotes whenever i go out at night.

Foller Charlie. He's a good one to sniff out trouble.:dogout:

You might check to see if your TV has a game mode. That might reduce your video lag a little bit.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
So, I finally got this game, and I'm playing it very slow, doing every challenge I can, having lots of fun, but I have one burning question....

What the gently caress is up with the cougars?

edit: I went back a lot of pages and saw people asking about the Legendary Jackalope or something like that. I got on my horse for the first time and in 5 minutes trampled that thing on accident.

Grem fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 22, 2010

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

OrangeCrush posted:

I find it awfully strange, considering this game is still sitting around top 15 on xbl.

It'd make more sense if you saw that list as a pie chart, where everything from 9 to 20 was a tiny sliver compared to the increasingly massive chunks that would be the games that are 1 - 8

IXCE
Nov 27, 2007

It's time to take naps and eat yum yum...and I'm all outta yum.

Grem posted:

So, I finally got this game, and I'm playing it very slow, doing every challenge I can, having lots of fun, but I have one burning question....

edit: I went back a lot of pages and saw people asking about the Legendary Jackalope or something like that. I got on my horse for the first time and in 5 minutes trampled that thing on accident.

I found the Jackalope spawning a few times around Warthington Ranch. Also get use to being attacked by ninja cougars and bears.

ydaetskcoR
Apr 29, 2008
The cougar and bobcat hunting grounds in multiplayer free roam are pretty loving hilarious when there's only a couple of you and I really wish they had a bear version too.

How many people here still play online anyway? I guess the metatags are long dead and useless but if anyone is up for anything online drop me a friend request (gt: ydaetskcoR) although I managed to stand on my mic last night so I'll be unable to communicate.

edit: got my first RDR rage mail today for murdering some dude over and over with the Mauser in free roam:

edit2: My luck in poker is loving awful. Just had 3 pretty solid hands in a row only to be beaten by the same guy who each time got dealt a pair which lead to 3 of a kind after the flop.

ydaetskcoR fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Nov 22, 2010

Adraeus
Jan 25, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I finally bought a PS3, RDR, and Undead Nightmare. GameStop currently has a deal: $20 off a new purchase of RDR with the purchase of Undead Nightmare. So, I effectively bought Undead for $10. I just wish there was a PS3 mouse that wasn't shrouded in mystery.

EDIT: By the way, does anyone know how to install the Undead Nightmare content from the standalone disc?

Adraeus fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Nov 23, 2010

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

ydaetskcoR posted:

The cougar and bobcat hunting grounds in multiplayer free roam are pretty loving hilarious when there's only a couple of you and I really wish they had a bear version too.

How many people here still play online anyway? I guess the metatags are long dead and useless but if anyone is up for anything online drop me a friend request (gt: ydaetskcoR) although I managed to stand on my mic last night so I'll be unable to communicate.

edit: got my first RDR rage mail today for murdering some dude over and over with the Mauser in free roam:

edit2: My luck in poker is loving awful. Just had 3 pretty solid hands in a row only to be beaten by the same guy who each time got dealt a pair which lead to 3 of a kind after the flop.

I love the Mauser in free roam. Everybody just falls to it due to the sheer firepower. It's always best to wear one of the American Army skins while decimating people. It's even funnier if you adapt a Foghorn Leghorn style of delivery when cutting people down to add to the extra :smug:

Not that I would do it repeatedly. Heavens no.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

There's needs to be a Herbert Moon skin. Then we'll see what undead nightmare is all about.

ydaetskcoR posted:

Use whatever you want. If someone wants to complain about a newbie gun they either need to man up and own your rear end or grab that same gun themselves.

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Nov 23, 2010

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

Grem posted:

Cougars: what's up with them is gently caress COUGARS. That's all.

The Jackalope: gently caress you, you bastard. I played SP for weeks, and I never even saw a hint of one.

itsnice2bnice
Mar 21, 2010

Sir Spaniard posted:

The Jackalope: gently caress you, you bastard. I played SP for weeks, and I never even saw a hint of one.

I see a lot of them in the game, maybe this is a stupid thing to ask...

But you do realize that they look exactly like rabbits with antlers?

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

Yes, I do. But riding past at speed and seeing a rabbit or a jackalope is hard to tell the difference, especially when they're running away, and I'm not really looking, be it on a mission, or whatever (Cougar attack).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

a 16 year old girl posted:

I see a lot of them in the game, maybe this is a stupid thing to ask...

But you do realize that they look exactly like rabbits with antlers?

I think I've seen it once, and that was it.

Then again, when I hunt I usually don't go for rabbits but bigger game. Plus I never hunt around in New Austin unless it's the Southwest.

• Locked thread