Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AriTheDog
Jul 29, 2003
Famously tasty.

spaceship posted:

I have a Native Instruments Maschine that I am looking to sell or trade for hardware synth equipment.

What kind of condition is it in? Academic version or full version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

Hadlock posted:

I have a near mint MXR Phase 90 (build date 2002-era-ish? 9v jack but missing the "vintage" script) up for grabs and/or trade, $45 shipped inside the continental US. Crappy cell phone pic (brightness/contrast enhanced in gimp), but it is in fact standard day-glo orange. Not sure what the knobby thing is on the dial but I was told it's an original MXR part.

Would you do $50 shipped to Canada?

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

AriTheDog posted:

What kind of condition is it in? Academic version or full version?

Perfect Condition - Full version from Sam Ash (What is the academic version?)

The Mystery Date
Aug 2, 2005
STRAGHT FOOL IN A GAY POOL (MUPPETS ROCK)

CPL593H posted:

RC-2 vs RC20

The RC20 is a little bit better at switching from one loop to another, but is still very limited in its ability to bring loops in and out of an ongoing session. My suggestion is, if your looking for something to record progressions to play along with, get the RC2, because it's cheaper for about the same functionality, and also comes with 10-20 drum loops (which the RC20 does not have). If you want to layer loops and add/subtract loops, you'd be better off getting something else, like the Akai Headrush or one of the higher end boss models.

AriTheDog
Jul 29, 2003
Famously tasty.

spaceship posted:

Perfect Condition - Full version from Sam Ash (What is the academic version?)

It's a cheaper version with a non-transferable software license, as I understand it. How much were you thinking of asking? I'm interested.

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

AriTheDog posted:

It's a cheaper version with a non-transferable software license, as I understand it. How much were you thinking of asking? I'm interested.

Looking for $350 shipped -

AriTheDog
Jul 29, 2003
Famously tasty.

spaceship posted:

Looking for $350 shipped -

I'm interested - can you get some pics, and are you the original owner? Also, why are you selling?

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

AriTheDog posted:

I'm interested - can you get some pics, and are you the original owner? Also, why are you selling?

Original owner, selling because I want to buy an Octatrack next Month. I really, really like the maschine, but I have more fun using hardware these days.

Pics tomorrow

Rubber Bob
Apr 9, 2001
Anyone have a Boss HM-2 they're looking to part with? In that case, let me know!

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

pennywisdom posted:

Would you do $50 shipped to Canada?

I told you a month ago I won't ship to canada :P Sold it locally for $40 yesterday.

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

AriTheDog posted:

EDIT: Decided to keep this for now.

arbybaconator fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Nov 23, 2010

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

I'm looking to find these guys a new home. They're Event TR6's in great condition, no scratches or dings. They're really nice for the price and would be perfect for a project studio. I have the original boxes and all included shipping materials. I'll even toss in a few reels of 1/4" if that's your thing.

$250 obo
We can split shipping as long as it's reasonable. If you want more info, just ask.

edit - If those pics aren't big enough, I can take some larger ones.

muckswirler fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Nov 22, 2010

AriTheDog
Jul 29, 2003
Famously tasty.

spaceship posted:

Here are some pics I took of the Native Instruments Maschine. $350 shipped in the US, or I would potentially trade for a synth or an MPC1000

I gotta talk to my wife, but I'm like 90% ready to buy. I'll PM you about payment, shipping, and license transferring details.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Gonna repost an item I put in in SA-Mart:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3367415

Ibanez GAX70 Guitar + Marshall MG10CD practice amp + accessories/song books.

$150+S&H

It just wasn't for me. :(

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

Hadlock posted:

I told you a month ago I won't ship to canada :P Sold it locally for $40 yesterday.

Oh drat, I didn't realize it was you. Why the hate on Canada if you don't mind me asking? It usually costs an extra $7 or so for a pedal.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I had to ship some chairs to norway once and dealing with customs was a pita so now I don't ship anything internationally if I don't have to

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

My two cents on the Candada/international shipping issue:

I generally ship using USPS. It's fast, it's easy, the insurance policy is fantastic compared to private shippers, and it's generally far less expensive (almost exponentially so as the item gets heavier or bigger). USPS doesn't offer very good international shipping, though, no tracking, I guess they deal pretty well with customs and all that but while they're inexpensive the lack of tracking and confirmation is a problem if you're dealing with a less communicative buyer*. As such I only ship internationally if the buyer pays all shipping and fully understands that any shipping issues or bullshit is completely not my problem once I send it off. I know that sounds negative, but there's really nothing I can do if anything happens because there's no international tracking of packages if they aren't willing to pay for a (much) more expensive shipping service that offers international tracking. As such I keep my "shady-dar" on super full because the lack of tracking is a bitch, and I am dead serious when I say that when the package goes over the counter, the entire transaction is quite literally out of my hands and there's nothing I can do to help if something happens past that point. I keep all documentation to prove that I've shipped it, insure if possible, etc., and that's all I can do.

*I kind of hate to bring it up because the guy did eventually contact me and the details are in the thread but I shipped a rack pre to somebody in Canada and never heard back from him during what could reasonably be considered the period of the transaction itself. It wasn't for a lot of money, and there wasn't ever a paypal dispute or anything at all nasty... but I didn't learn that it had arrived safely until I mentioned it about a year later when justifying my policy at the time of not shipping internationally, in this thread, and he popped in and apologized for the lack of contact (and let me know it got there safely and he was enjoying it). No offense intended to the gentleman who received it, it was apart from the lack of confirmation of receipt a thoroughly good transaction. It was only after he contacted me here in the thread that I decided I would ship internationally again after all. :shobon:

Agreed fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Nov 23, 2010

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
My international buys go like that. They ship it, and I deal with potential custom hassles. Those pretty much never happen if the documentation is in order, but I imagine chairs being a bit more problematic than musical instruments. I remember having gotten tracking numbers with USPS before though. They're updated so late that they are pretty much useless, but the option is apparently there.

Luff fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Nov 23, 2010

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

Agreed posted:

:words:

You'd probably know best: what's the cheapest way to ship a pedal? I've used priority mail before and it ends up being around $9-10. Most of the time they're barely too big to fit in the $5 prepaid boxes :argh:. Am I doing it wrong?

AZCollins
Feb 4, 2004

Meanderthal
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3364452

Still selling some cymbals! I added an 18" zildjian avedis crash/ride from the late 50s. :)

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Narwhale posted:

You'd probably know best: what's the cheapest way to ship a pedal? I've used priority mail before and it ends up being around $9-10. Most of the time they're barely too big to fit in the $5 prepaid boxes :argh:. Am I doing it wrong?

I usually use 7x7x6 prepaid boxes. And, yeah, insured and delivery confirmation it usually runs around $10. Granted that I tend to deal in more expensive pedals so it's a smaller fraction of the total than it would be if I were shipping around cheaper stuff, but it's my view that over-engineered packaging is 100% of the time a better idea than trying to go for the cheapest possible option to ship, and worth the extra cost to make sure that it arrives in the same condition that it left. I take my reputation as a seller (and a buyer, but that's a different side of things) pretty seriously and if it means my shipping costs are a little higher it's worth the peace of mind in my opinion.

GbrushTwood
Jul 18, 2004
Mighty Pirate.
I have a Digidesign M-box 2, most of the original packaging and cds I believe. I can take a picture when I return to my house if anyone is interested, and I'm looking to trade it for another external audio interface.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Hadlock posted:

I had to ship some chairs to norway once and dealing with customs was a pita so now I don't ship anything internationally if I don't have to

I've now jinxed myself; I had to ship two boxes of headphones to china this afternoon via fedex :argh:

reichsten
Jan 13, 2010

muckswirler posted:

I'm looking to find these guys a new home. They're Event TR6's in great condition, no scratches or dings. They're really nice for the price and would be perfect for a project studio. I have the original boxes and all included shipping materials. I'll even toss in a few reels of 1/4" if that's your thing.

$250 obo
We can split shipping as long as it's reasonable. If you want more info, just ask.

Just want to say, I have the TR8's and they sound great. I actually use them for smaller DJ gigs as well, since they have great bass response and are pretty drat powerful. Someone swoop them!

mr_package
Jun 13, 2000
90% of my studio was purchased used/ebay from the USA and I've never had any problems with customs or with shippers/sellers. In fact the only time I've been ripped off via ebay/paypal was by a fellow Canuck! So now I just don't take paypal... I really need a way to take payments on ebay without using paypal so I can downsize my studio and pick up a Virus TI2 KB-- any suggestions/recommendations?

Agreed posted:

*I kind of hate to bring it up because the guy did eventually contact me and the details are in the thread but I shipped a rack pre to somebody in Canada and never heard back from him during what could reasonably be considered the period of the transaction itself.
It was just such a simple transaction (money sent, unit received!) that I never gave it a second thought as far as needing any extra confirmation or whatever. :canada:

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

mr_package posted:

It was just such a simple transaction (money sent, unit received!) that I never gave it a second thought as far as needing any extra confirmation or whatever. :canada:

Yeah, I really don't mean to bring you up as the "bad example" because it was really a positive transaction overall, I'm just borderline neurotic about shipping communication, and that I can't just type the info in to see that it's been delivered successfully in Canada compounded it.

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

I bought a motorcycle helmet a couple years back, paid the $30 shipping charge through the site and another $90 for UPS to hand it over to me at my door. The helmet was $300!

USPS is now my god, and I can't really buy anything online in the states if it's shipped via UPS for Fedex because of the fees.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
USPS delivers on Saturday :waycool:

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR
An absolutely excellent playing guitar. Has a Seymour Duncan Hot Rail in the neck position and a Push/Pull Coil Tap in volume that is currently unhooked. Had the SD in the bridge but swapped it around and didn't bother hooking it back up.

Looking for a MIM Fender Strat or Tele. I'll include my G&L Deluxe Gig bag in the offer.

Guitar plays and sounds great, I just wanna go with Fender for modability options.

If no trade offers would like to sell for 300$ shipped in CON US.

I can be tempted to include cash on my end of the bargain depending on circumstances. Will consider all/any offers. G&L sits unused and I want to find it a good home!

Also interested in Hofner CS line. CS Verythin and CS Club. Grestch Pro Jet. Etc.

whiterabbit whiterabbit at gmail dot com

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

muckswirler posted:

$250 obo

If these are around in a couple weeks when I get some extra funding I will grab these for sure bud.

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

Nice. I figured I'd just hold on to them until a goon wanted to pick them up.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

e: never mind went elsewhere

Tesseraction fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Dec 14, 2010

KaosPV
Sep 25, 2007
Mediterranean schizo
I want to trade my Presonus Inspire 1934 for an audio interface that will work flawlessly with my Acer 5920g laptop (most likely, an USB one).

The Inspire is in very good condition, it doesn't have any scratches or anything like that, and has got all it's cables, plus an extra firewire to mini-firewire (or whatever the hell it's called) I bought for it. It doesn't have any problem, basically, the problem is my laptop, which seems to have a compatibility issues with the audio interface.

I'd like to trade it for a somewhat equal value audio interface, I mean, I know it wasn't a top-end audio interface, but it's got nice preamps and I don't want to get a crappy audio interface with no preamps in exchange for it.

I'm in Europe (Spain, to be exact), so I guess that maybe shipping prices could be a concern, but well, let's give it a shot :)

KaosPV fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Dec 9, 2010

40sTheme
Oct 21, 2010
I've got a BBE Green Screamer and a Boss DS-1 to get rid of. Don't have any pics right now, sorry.

They're both in good shape. The Boss is pretty much mint condition. The Green Screamer is about 3 y/o and the only issue it has is the switch will sometimes not fully switch the pedal on and off. Probably just a simple replacement needs to be done, but I got tired of it's tone anyways.

I'd like to trade for other pedals. I'll trade both at the same time for something cool enough, and I'll trade for w/e kind of pedal if it looks neat.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
sold!

DEUCE SLUICE fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Dec 23, 2010

Bandulu
Aug 25, 2008
Hey all. I recently got a new laptop and can currently not use my trusty EMU 1616m Cardus interface. It works great, the only caveat is that sometimes the headphone out on the card itself does not output. I would be willing to sell it or trade it for something interesting or useful. Looking for an Older Mbox or a cool mic pre or something like that? Pictures in samart thread below.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3370070

I am also considering the idea of finally selling/trading my drum set, a 5 pc Tama Rockstar in a deep Mars red. I would throw in cymbals, hats and a throne. This would be in the central NJ area. If there is any interest or questions, I can get some pictures together this weekend. Thanks for cloking!

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Free tele pickguards, come get your free tele pickguards!

- 1 ply, aged white, 5 hole, no screw holes for neck pickup (direct body mount). This one is 100% correct for a proper 50's-style tele.
- 3 ply, white, someone hacked up the area around the bridge. It'll fit any normal modern tele, but that edge is pretty ugly and you'll probably want to sand it down.
- 3 ply, black, fits a strat-sized neck pickup
- 3 ply, black, routed for additional middle pickup. Neck and middle fit strat-sized pickups.
- 3 ply black tortoise (black tort -> white -> black), neck humbucker route.

The 1-ply aged white one is fully shielded. The others are not shielded at all. These are all free, shipped free, to you (as long as you're in the USA because I don't wanna pay a fortune to send a guy a free thing, you know?). I haven't owned a tele in a long time and I don't intend to own a tele again, so I have no use for these!

I also have a Fender Samarium Cobalt neck pickup for a tele, brand new, never installed. How 'bout $40 for that? I dunno.

tomgion (at )gmail.com

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jan 6, 2011

communistdew
Sep 11, 2005
Where do we light our cigars with dollah bills?

Carbohydrates posted:

Free tele pickguards, come get your free tele pickguards!

- 1 ply, aged white, 5 hole, no screw holes for neck pickup (direct body mount). This one is 100% correct for a proper 50's-style tele. Claimed!
- 3 ply, white, someone hacked up the area around the bridge. It'll fit any normal modern tele, but that edge is pretty ugly and you'll probably want to sand it down.
- 3 ply, black, fits a strat-sized neck pickup
- 3 ply, black, routed for additional middle pickup. Neck and middle fit strat-sized pickups.

The 1-ply aged white one is fully shielded. The others are not shielded at all. These are all free, shipped free, to you (as long as you're in the USA because I don't wanna pay a fortune to send a guy a free thing, you know?). I haven't owned a tele in a long time and I don't intend to own a tele again, so I have no use for these!

I also have a Fender Samarium Cobalt neck pickup for a tele, brand new, never installed. How 'bout $40 for that? I dunno.

tomgion (at )gmail.com

Sent you an email for the black tortoise! b.mcnast@ gmail

Edit: Thanks!!

communistdew fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jan 6, 2011

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006

Carbohydrates posted:

I'd love these two. Email sent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
sold!

DEUCE SLUICE fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 19, 2011