Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I got bored of L4D2 a while back, the regular game first, then modded servers later, mainly because when a crescendo event started people would just stay where they were and kill zombies for 15 minutes instead of carrying on with the drat game.

Anyway, I recently got back into L4D2 because of how easy it is to grief on these modded servers. Especially with No Mercy being added to L4D2.

The first and easiest grief is kind of like the Black Ops one above. On the server if you rack up more than a certain amount of damage against other survivors, a vote to kick you goes up, exceed that damage by even more and you get instabanned.

Molotovs are great for this, just stand in the fire and watch them panic. Dropping a gas can or propane tank into the fire will set it on fire, and when that thing explodes, since it was THEIR fire that set it off, it's added to their damage too. you can keep a molotov fire going indefinitely with enough gas cans.

Another server I was on last night had a menu you could bring up, to give yourself extra health and stuff.. it was buggy though, it was only meant to give you extra health once, but you could use it all the time. The server also had lots of extra special infected. So when everyone got bored of standing around I dashed out and got myself grabbed by a hunter. They stayed inside the safe room, so I kept giving myself health. a spitter shows up, then a boomer.. they're wondering why it's taking so long for me to die.. one of them opens the safe room door to actually kill everything on me so that they can continue. And all the zombies and special infected that gathered started attacking them. they all got incapped and died. I kept giving myself health, as long as your health doesn't go into the red, the game won't restart, so it didn't. they were wondering if the game got glitched or whatever. And voted for a level restart..sigh... It was the first map of the Dead Center campaign, so as soon as we got to the part with the elevator, I ran to the windows, jumped out, fell through the glass roof above the end of the level, used the heal command to get back up. then went in the safe room and used all the healthkits and supplies and disconnected. Griefing's not as fun when they don't know you're doing it.

Finally onto the subject of the No Mercy levels. There's a big tall elevator you have to go up. they did elevators in the first game differently than the second and they haven't fixed it, hitting a player with some kind of physics object when the lift is going up makes them stop going up, the lift carries on, they fall through the floor...

Things that are physics objects: Pipebombs, molotovs, gas cans, propane tanks, oxygen tanks..and in L4D2, the grenade launcher's grenades. You can only hit one person at a time with it, but it gets 30 rounds. just wait until it's above floor 11 if you want them to really fall then die.. do it early, like floor 2 if you want them to have to fight constant hoards of zombies and stuff with no place to go.. ironic punishment for 'em!

But one of these modded servers, the shotgun also had a built in grenade launcher feature. and there were about 12 survivors.. by the time the elevator got to the top I was the only one left. Then I let the tank knock me off the roof. one level restart later, The elevator was suddenly a 12-way grenade dodging deathmatch from then on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

NedTurbo posted:

-When a teammate uses a napalm strike, run into that bad boy and burn yourself up to force a teamkill.

I'm somewhat glad to hear that these kinds of things are still in games. Takes me back to my Enemy Territory days where people would go Field Ops, be useless, and we'd get them kicked off the server by running into their artillery strikes on purpose and triggering the anti-teamkill/damage mod.

For those who didn't play, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory was a WW2 FPS on the Quake 3 engine. It was class-based, with XP gained from combat and class-specific tasks making you better at your job. All classes had a "charge bar" that slowly refilled over time, faster if your team's Engineers kept a particular building constructed. Each class had abilities that depleted this bar at various rates. The Field Ops class could dispense four boxes of ammo on a bar, or they could use a full bar to use their binoculars to call in artillery strikes. Arty, as it was called, would shell a small area for a set period of time for rather high amounts of damage. Usually used for flushing out snipers or stopping enemies from approaching objectives, it was also useful for harassing teammates, as you might imagine.

Even better was the airstrike. For a full bar, they could instead toss a special marker grenade. Shortly after thrown, an invisible NPC plane would fly overhead and carpet bomb a small strip near the marker. Standing near these was also fun for punishing your stupid Field Ops players, as it was guaranteed to kill you. There was a very small chance that arty fire would just throw you around, and the fall might kill you instead.

What I'm saying is that truly, war never changes, and it warms my heart.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Drox posted:

I'm somewhat glad to hear that these kinds of things are still in games. Takes me back to my Enemy Territory days where people would go Field Ops, be useless, and we'd get them kicked off the server by running into their artillery strikes on purpose and triggering the anti-teamkill/damage mod.

What was even more fun is playing on the No Quarter mod, which adds a kick button. This allows you to forcefully open doors and gib players on the other side, clobber enemies off ledges or, my favourite move, boot airstrike markers away from their target before the bombs land. I'd run over to a teammate's marker and punt it straight back towards our lines, normally earning the unlucky sod a teamkill or five.

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

AXE COP posted:

What was even more fun is playing on the No Quarter mod, which adds a kick button. This allows you to forcefully open doors and gib players on the other side, clobber enemies off ledges or, my favourite move, boot airstrike markers away from their target before the bombs land. I'd run over to a teammate's marker and punt it straight back towards our lines, normally earning the unlucky sod a teamkill or five.

A lot of mods had a push or a kick button, I think. I remember sneaking up behind enemy (and friendly) snipers and punting them off ledges. I don't know if I ever played one where you could move markers, but that sounds awesome.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

LLCoolJD posted:

Star Wars: Galaxies

Cantina Griefing
I was loving around on an alt one day when a couple of these guys walked into one of the cantinas. The entertainers in that game, at least when I played, took their stuff pretty seriously and were getting seriously pissed about these transvestites stealing the show.
|

This thread is huge and I've only just arrived, but some of my favorite griefing moments were in SWG. I was the first Master Bounty Hunter on my server, and at the time people never had high 'Mind' (the blue bar). Well one of my attacks was eye shot or some poo poo, that did well over 600 dmg to the blue bar, and most people's blue was only 500 HP.

I started so much poo poo in Cantina's that people would challenge me to a duel, then I'd loving one shot them to the mind. Quite literally blowing their minds.

Also when people said 'no death', after you incapacitate them I would always loving kill them, causing wounds that needed to be healed by doctors, for money.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester

RizieN posted:

This thread is huge and I've only just arrived, but some of my favorite griefing moments were in SWG. I was the first Master Bounty Hunter on my server, and at the time people never had high 'Mind' (the blue bar). Well one of my attacks was eye shot or some poo poo, that did well over 600 dmg to the blue bar, and most people's blue was only 500 HP.

I started so much poo poo in Cantina's that people would challenge me to a duel, then I'd loving one shot them to the mind. Quite literally blowing their minds.

Also when people said 'no death', after you incapacitate them I would always loving kill them, causing wounds that needed to be healed by doctors, for money.

That's not a grief.

Eye shot/mind damage was always the best attack, because it was very difficult to heal and generally a small bar.

Also, it generally didn't matter what bar you attacked, if they didn't have buffs on you'd probably 1-shot them.

You want to talk griefing, talk about the early jedi getting constantly hunted by MBHs because the mission limits didn't work; there were times you had to basically camp yourself near the water to keep yourself from dying from fire, and to run away when attacked.

CmdrChicken
Jun 16, 2008

SEA PATROL!
Or doing all manner of things to the long lines the doctors would create outside the starport.

In SWG Doctors had the ability to greatly buff (temporarily increase) another player's stats. They'd usually do it outside the starport and be paid in tips. In order to facilitate this, a long line would form. People would get incredibly angry about anything concerning this line. The best was doing anything that could be considered annoying, as the people would often put up with a lot in order to get free buffs.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
I've been playing Quake Live lately and have found that the playerbase is composed of half cool people and half the most annoying, juvenile retards ever. Keybinding "Please support Christian gaming! https://www.gamersforchrist.org" or something similar is usually enough to get one player on the server to absolutely flip out. One guy actually unironically said "gently caress your god - deal with it". Bonus points if you manage to cap them while they are typing.

Also I made an alt account called gay_man but people's reactions to that just made me hate humanity, so I guess I got griefed.

Soth
Jul 21, 2004

My knife, you see... is coated in poison.
A buddy of mine has gotten fairly decent at launching soda machines in Killing floor, too bad he still can't figure out how to FRAPS with sound

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

QwertySanchez posted:

Another server I was on last night had a menu you could bring up, to give yourself extra health and stuff.. it was buggy though, it was only meant to give you extra health once, but you could use it all the time. The server also had lots of extra special infected. So when everyone got bored of standing around I dashed out and got myself grabbed by a hunter. They stayed inside the safe room, so I kept giving myself health. a spitter shows up, then a boomer.. they're wondering why it's taking so long for me to die.. one of them opens the safe room door to actually kill everything on me so that they can continue. And all the zombies and special infected that gathered started attacking them. they all got incapped and died. I kept giving myself health, as long as your health doesn't go into the red, the game won't restart, so it didn't.
This is great. I absolutely hate those teammates that hide in the safe room while I'm out saving the last guy; only to be pulled right after saving him and he'll just ignore me and continue his mad dash to the safe room so he can watch me die with the other useless survivors. :argh:

I did something similar in L4D1 when I localhosted with 'sv_cheats 1' so I could play expert in slo-mo using host_timescale. The survivors wouldn't come out to save me from a hunter because there were a few zombies around. Instead of just killing each player from the console, I kept giving myself health until they decided they should save me. Once they came out I switched host_timescale from half-speed to double speed and they all died horribly to super-fast zombies.

Did L4D2 really add a prevention so players can't disconnect before a votekick goes through and then immediately reconnect? I had a key bound to "status; wait 33; disconnect; toggleconsole" so I could quickly list the server IP, disconnect, then reconnect to dodge all votekicks. That was instrumental to my griefing, or dealing with any player that had a problem with Bing Crosby.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Sanctum posted:

Did L4D2 really add a prevention so players can't disconnect before a votekick goes through and then immediately reconnect? I had a key bound to "status; wait 33; disconnect; toggleconsole" so I could quickly list the server IP, disconnect, then reconnect to dodge all votekicks. That was instrumental to my griefing, or dealing with any player that had a problem with Bing Crosby.

You could just use 'retry', which automatically reconnects to whichever server you're on.

THE_Chris
Sep 18, 2008
I used to piss people off with localhosted L4D servers too. Put cheats on and bind "Sv_Spawn_Hunter" or whatever spawned a hunter. Start a new campaign and while the camera is panning back to the players in the intro, spawn 4 hunters. By the time the camera got back to the survivors, all 4 plays had hunters on them. 5 second campaign and its all over :D

Lots of shouting resulted.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet
Saints Row 2 co-op is filled with griefing opportunities.

1. Using a taser, you can keep them on the ground for as long as you want, twitching like a spastic.
2. Following someone in an attack helicopter, blowing up every vehicle they try to get into.
3. Edit your character so you're a huge fat man of any race, and wear the following: No shoes, fishnet stockings, no underwear (so you get the blurring censored mark on your junk), bikini top, mustache, mullet, traffic cone on the head and follow them around doing the blowing kiss/riding the horsey taunt.
4. Trick someone into riding shotgun with you in a plane or helicopter. Dive out the last second before you ram it into a building. Works better if you already did the 3 gold star diversion base jumping/no falling damage reward.

All of these work if the host turned off multiplayer damage.

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

"I've got the knowledge!"

CharlesWillisMaddox posted:

1. Using a taser, you can keep them on the ground for as long as you want, twitching like a spastic.

Holy poo poo, thank you. I spent a solid 20 minutes doing this to some kid who I randomly joined on Xbox Live today. He didn't even bother to take the time to kick me from the pause menu. He just continually tried to get up. A couple of times I let him get pretty close, just to give him hope, and then "zap" down he went again. In the end, though, I think he won because I got bored and quit.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

CharlesWillisMaddox posted:

Flash grenades do the trick.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

RNG posted:

Flash grenades do the trick.

Especially when riding shotgun with someone. Especially because of SR2's tendency to freeze up for a split second every once in a while (on PC).

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.
The best Call of Duty video

CountViceroy
Mar 20, 2009
GULLIBLE AS FUCK.
In WoW an engineer can make a parachute cloak, which for 10 seconds makes him fall as though he had a parachute. There is no animation for it. I'd find someone in town and say "dude, I found a bug! this is great, follow me!". I would then lead them up to a roof top, or cliff, and say "If you jump off this corner backwards you float!" I would then demonstrate, and yell something up to them like "make sure you go backwards!" Then when they came slamming down next to me in a backwards pile of death, I'd say "Wanna buy a parachute cloak?". Most of them did. :sissies:

theSpy
Sep 25, 2010
Initially in Bad Company 2, there were no real friendly fire penalties and most servers had no mods. A friend and I were flying choppers and this guy kept team damaging me so I couldn't see. So I switched from engineer to medic. My buddy would kill the guy and I would res him with my paddles endlessly till he ALT+F4'd. I leveled up my medic a lot doing that....

Bonus grief -- during initial release you couldn't leave the server or do pretty much anything while you were dead.

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

CountViceroy posted:

In WoW an engineer can make a parachute cloak, which for 10 seconds makes him fall as though he had a parachute. There is no animation for it. I'd find someone in town and say "dude, I found a bug! this is great, follow me!". I would then lead them up to a roof top, or cliff, and say "If you jump off this corner backwards you float!" I would then demonstrate, and yell something up to them like "make sure you go backwards!" Then when they came slamming down next to me in a backwards pile of death, I'd say "Wanna buy a parachute cloak?". Most of them did. :sissies:

This is pretty great. It's like if a car company developed new air bags and went around crashing into people with inferior systems and then offered them a new car.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

theSpy posted:

Bonus grief -- during initial release you couldn't leave the server or do pretty much anything while you were dead.
Wow thats terrible. Could you even quit the game without task manager? Where is the planning for worst case scenario, ie if the respawn timer gets bugged

Suniikaa
Jul 4, 2004

Johnny Walker Wisdom

theSpy posted:

You think that would have come up in alpha since this was popular to do in BF2.

theSpy
Sep 25, 2010

dud root posted:

Wow thats terrible. Could you even quit the game without task manager? Where is the planning for worst case scenario, ie if the respawn timer gets bugged
Thumbs up there butts....

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Iwouldn't say their butts. They're officially making a game to it's highest griefing potential as some players don't really know that cntrl alt del or alt f4 lets you quit. There is always more and more possibilities.

And WoW parachute cloaks back when you could twink without the crap nowadays made for the best Arathi Basin games.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Soulex posted:

And WoW parachute cloaks back when you could twink without the crap nowadays made for the best Arathi Basin games.

What does this mean? :confused:

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I think Blizzard added some sort of item level restriction, so if you're a level 20 with super-duper-awesome gear you won't get put up against level 20s using wooden swords and cardboard armor.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Arathi Basin is a PVP battleground with King of the Hill-style gameplay. One of the nodes, Lumber Mill, is on top of a hill- which a fall off of will likely result in instant death. Characters with the Engineer profession can parachute from the top of this hill for quick access to almost any other nodes, which gives them a nice advantage.

Blizzard fixed it so the cloak couldn't be used on lower level characters.

As for actual griefing content- on specialization of the Shaman Class, Elemental, grants an ability called Thunderstorm that knocks all targets in melee range back. This makes Elemental Shaman incredibly dangerous on the Lumber Mill node in Arathi Basin- as a superior-numbered team can be knocked off the edge to instant death if the Shaman's placement is right.

This is more hilarious or annoying(depending on how you look at it) for another PVP battleground in WoW called Eye of the Storm. The objective here is to hold as many towers as possible, and there is a flag on a narrow strip of land in the center of an abyss that can be captured at a tower your team holds for additional points. Many hate this battleground with a passion, because most people are idiots and clump up on the flag for an endless zerg battles/deaths rather than score points. They die, respawn and run immediately back to the flag like lemmings. Did I mention that the flag is located on a small patch of land, surrounded by two pits of instant death? This makes it so an Elemental Shaman can run into the large group of frothing retards on the flag spawn point, use Thunderstorm and knock anywhere from a handful of :downs: to an entire team to their deaths. And they still run right back to the flag on respawn...

Category Fun!
Dec 2, 2008

im just trying to get you into bed

Cervixalot posted:

Arathi Basin is a PVP battleground with King of the Hill-style gameplay. One of the nodes, Lumber Mill, is on top of a hill- which a fall off of will likely result in instant death. Characters with the Engineer profession can parachute from the top of this hill for quick access to almost any other nodes, which gives them a nice advantage.

Blizzard fixed it so the cloak couldn't be used on lower level characters.

As for actual griefing content- on specialization of the Shaman Class, Elemental, grants an ability called Thunderstorm that knocks all targets in melee range back. This makes Elemental Shaman incredibly dangerous on the Lumber Mill node in Arathi Basin- as a superior-numbered team can be knocked off the edge to instant death if the Shaman's placement is right.

This is more hilarious or annoying(depending on how you look at it) for another PVP battleground in WoW called Eye of the Storm. The objective here is to hold as many towers as possible, and there is a flag on a narrow strip of land in the center of an abyss that can be captured at a tower your team holds for additional points. Many hate this battleground with a passion, because most people are idiots and clump up on the flag for an endless zerg battles/deaths rather than score points. They die, respawn and run immediately back to the flag like lemmings. Did I mention that the flag is located on a small patch of land, surrounded by two pits of instant death? This makes it so an Elemental Shaman can run into the large group of frothing retards on the flag spawn point, use Thunderstorm and knock anywhere from a handful of :downs: to an entire team to their deaths. And they still run right back to the flag on respawn...

Similarly at the Lumber Mill, Mages like to escape a losing battle up there by jumping off the side and casting Slowfall. Nothing is funnier than dispelling their Slowfall spell and watching them plummet like a meteor.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Category Fun! posted:

Similarly at the Lumber Mill, Mages like to escape a losing battle up there by jumping off the side and casting Slowfall. Nothing is funnier than dispelling their Slowfall spell and watching them plummet like a meteor.

As I pictured this in my head, my brain cued up Yakety Sax for background music :v:

Slappy Moose
Jan 23, 2010

THE FILTHY IMMIGRANT

Sanctum posted:

Protip: Just type in "retry"

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Finally picked up Garry's Mod the other day while on sale at Steam.

What was the name of the game that a load of people were playing/griefing a while back? Got a lot of mention in the thread. Something along the lines of a single killer amongst everyone on the server?

Edit - that's the one, Zebrin. Thanks.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Dec 24, 2010

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.
Trouble in Terrorist Town is most likely the one you are thinking of.

Category Fun!
Dec 2, 2008

im just trying to get you into bed

Lutha Mahtin posted:

As I pictured this in my head, my brain cued up Yakety Sax for background music :v:

Cue up about 1 second of Yakety Sax because that's how long it takes for them to hit the bottom.

Thaske
May 22, 2005

Cabbages! Knickers! It's not got a beak!
I've been playing League of Legends lately and tonight we had a game with this guy playing Corki on the enemy team. Corki is a pretty powerful dps character if played correctly, but this guy did basically nothing with him. He ended up going 0/9, and after the game we saw that he was equipped with 6 Boots of Speed (a basic-level item that increases your move speed by 1, usually purchased early in the game and upgraded).

In the post-game chat we found out he had been spouting 4chan lines in his team's chat the whole game.

It didn't affect me or my team other than clenching the game for us, but the other team was pretty pissed off. One of them even left in the middle to the game, although he said it was for christmas dinner.

Humiliation is a certainty in LoL.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Thaske posted:

I've been playing League of Legends lately and tonight we had a game with this guy playing Corki on the enemy team. Corki is a pretty powerful dps character if played correctly, but this guy did basically nothing with him. He ended up going 0/9, and after the game we saw that he was equipped with 6 Boots of Speed (a basic-level item that increases your move speed by 1, usually purchased early in the game and upgraded).

In the post-game chat we found out he had been spouting 4chan lines in his team's chat the whole game.

It didn't affect me or my team other than clenching the game for us, but the other team was pretty pissed off. One of them even left in the middle to the game, although he said it was for christmas dinner.

Humiliation is a certainty in LoL.

It's also funny when if you play the Major damage role of the team and run away from each teamfight to leave your teammates to die, Especially when they start giving you poo poo for no reason.

Another fun thing to do in League of Legends is play Gangplank. He is a loving pirate who has a skill that can kill allied NPC units like minions, summoned creatures, and wards. [Wards are items that usually give vision of a part of the map, useful in keeping yourself safe from enemies who try to surround you.] Using his denial skill on anything other than minions usually nets you rage from your teammates.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Category Fun! posted:

Also, every priest's favourite - Mind Controlling an enemy player, and making them jump off the edge - especially when it's someone who's got a spell interrupt, but they're too busy mashing the damage buttons for that sweet +1 kill to bother stopping your cast. Then you jump off the edge, cast Levitate and land safely besides their broken body, just to rub it in. :v:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

In my experience, the people who play DotA-style games can be griefed by simply playing a match with them, either on their team or the opposing one. I haven't played these games a ton, but the amount of rage I encounter (even when I'm certain I'm playing passably) is honestly hilarious.

--

I just remembered an anecdote from the early days of Guild Wars. This was back when low-level missions were still populated, where you could just "grab X and go", X being the party size limit for that area.

I was playing one of the very early missions. These aren't very difficult, and as long as your whole party doesn't wipe at the same time, you can usually finish, even when you take into account the stat penalty imposed upon your teammates who have died and been revived.

So, naturally, my pickup group includes commander :spergin:. Yeah, the guy who stops after every mob and pours out a wall of text about THIS IS HOW IT HAS TO BE DONE. So I bail, figuring it will be faster to regroup and jump back into the mission, even if my new team of pubbies is terrible.

This doesn't sit well with Cmdr. Sperg. He starts sending me angry chat messages about how I'm terrible, so of course I have to egg him on. He continues to spaz at me for at least twenty minutes, while (I suppose) still yelling at his team to OMG DO IT RIGHT FOR ONCE :v:

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

Speaking of TTT, we had a bit of fun last night bringing a democratic utopia to several TTT servers. It wasn't really griefing per se, as it seems most of the players actually enjoyed it, but it was still hilarious. Unfortunately, I missed out on some of the later stuff, as I was banned from the server the others were playing on. Before that, we were just honing our skills on an awful server (the admin banned himself accidentally, and had banned me previously for killing him when he was a traitor), but we were kicked fairly quickly when our agitation for democracy turned how the game is usually played upside down.

EDIT: Usually, in the game, innocents kill others when they see them do traitorous things. This is effective, but boring. We essentially demanded a vote for everything. If we saw someone try to hurt someone else with a prop (often not considered traitorous, just lovely), we would explain to him how he can't violate the natural rights of others without a vote being taken. We'd then hold a vote on whether or not to kill the offender. It was hard to completely dominate the game's course, but it still changed things up a lot. We were also very successful in catching traitors this way.

ohgodwhat fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Dec 24, 2010

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

A year or so back I was playing MAG on my friends PS3. My account name on it is Anti-Lincoln. For those of you who don't know, MAG is a Multiplayer FPS that has games with 164 players in them at once. To make this easier, players are divided into squads of eight, with platoons of 4 squads, and a company of 4 platoons. Each of these have leaders.

One game was going poorly. We were attackers, held up at a bunker, which in mag has a huge fuckoff chaingun turret on it. Several teammates were sniping ineffectively, leaving many of us incapable of destroying the bunker due to lack of numbers. Our squad leader was useless, either sniping or wasting his support actions (Bombing runs, uav, etc) In areas were weren't actually attacking. We lost that game. And the next game, I was the Squad Leader. I grabbed my mic and decided to have fun.

"Men, I am Political Officer Anti-Lincoln. Cowards will be shot. That is all" I said in a cheesy Russian accent. And lo and behold, more crappy snipers.

"SNIPING IS COWARDICE. COWARDS WILL BE SHOT"

Some quality time with my pistol later, and my team now had 3 team killed snipers waiting to revive. They tried fighting back, they really did, but their snipers, and lack practice at not getting shot. Treason was a form of cowardice after all. Many teamkills and some swearing directed my way later ("INSUBORDINATION IS COWARDICE") I noticed that we were winning, no doubt due to my tireless war against COWARDICE! causing most of our snipers to either quit or actually move towards the bunker. That round we won, and found myself wishing I could blast music from the Red Army Orchestra into my mic in celebration.

A few games later of this, and my speech suddenly had a response from 2 other players.

"And we're his Lieutenants. If he cant get to you, we will"

:ussr:

Agean90 fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 25, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Agean90 posted:

Anti-Lincoln

Every server of every shooter in existence should have a commissar Anti-Lincoln. I am not joking.

• Locked thread