Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Job Opening: Newport, Vermont

Network Technician, basically helpdesk and rolling out PCs.

PM or email me if interested. acomtois at communitynationalbank dot calm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Udelar
Feb 17, 2007

as the free-fall advances
I'm the moron who dances

Grimey Drawer
Jobs Available

Online tutoring. High speed connection required. Calculus, Statistics, Physics, and Chemistry tutors highly preferred. Also seeking Algebra and Trigonometry tutors. Part time position, up to 30 hours per week, choose your own schedule from among available hours. 5 hours per week minimum commitment.

Position requires passing a brief (around 1 hour) subject test in the areas you wish to tutor. Previous tutoring experience is NOT required. Clear written communication is important. Microsoft Office (any version) required. Job requires that you be either enrolled in college currently or have a 4 year degree.

Contact me for details. PM is OK, or e-mail: dh6599 at stu dot armstrong dot edu.

UPDATE: At this point we are only looking for the four subjects above.

Udelar fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jan 25, 2011

DeceasedHorse
Nov 11, 2005
Jobs Seeker
Ideally in the Orange County/ Southern California area but I would certainly be willing to move for a full time position, someplace with a lower cost of living would be fantastic...

Education I have a BA in History from Willamette University, graduated in 2009

Experience I've done my share of retail schlubbing. Worked as a Legislative Intern for a state assemblyman awhile back, preparing policy briefs and handling constituent relations. I have a had a temp job as an Administrative Assistant, handling phone calls, mail, various odd jobs around the office at a major health insurance company. I was an assistant manager during the 2010 census. Did some tutoring back during school. I've got a decent working knowledge of MS Office, really should brush up on excel though.

What I am looking for Anything full-time that will let me pay the bills and finally break into a real industry. I can't keep doing part-time junk like I've been doing forever. Something related to military history or history in general would be fantastic but so unlikely as to be a fantasy I am afraid.

[b] What I am NOT looking for
ummm I guess pyramid schemes/MLM poo poo would be a no-no, they are all that I seem to find on the internet these days. I probably wouldn't relocate for something part time for obvious reasons.

[b] When can I start
Immediately, I am back in retail and wouldn't hesitate to dump my current position

PM me or email me at Paladin2222 AT hotmail.com

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

bam thwok posted:

There goes my referral bonus.

It's ok, it looks like they did the "we'll call you back later this week, and by that, we mean never!" :smith:

beeradvocate
Dec 24, 2010
Hi! I like this forum. The hope is great.

Job Seeker:
Looking for work primarily in the Cleveland or Columbus OH area, but more than willing to explore other locations. I'm hoping to find something that pays more than $7.15/hr and gives me the opportunity to learn something or not just keep on at very low wages. Part time in Cleveland would be fine, but I'd need something more substantial to move further.
I'm a quick learn, and even though I'm pretty law-focused, if anyone thinks I could be useful elsewhere, let me know! I can start right away, current method doesn't need much notice.
Education:
B.A. in Political Science and International Relations from Penn State
J.D. from Cleveland-Marshall School of Law
Some studies at Whittier School of Law towards J.D.
Work Experience:
Interesting times...
Most recently I made windows at a manufacturing company, but otherwise:
Internship in the Office of the US Trustee, Region 9 involving research, data entry, drafting and reviewing legal submissions
MLK Internship at Northwestern Legal Services, involving bankruptcy, taxes, DUIs, SSDI, data entry, drafting and reviewing legal documents
Judicial Intern in a Federal Magistrate court, involving reading cases and organizing facts, recognizing judicial notice, and scheduling.
Otherwise, I spent summers as an incoming call guy and managed a presidential political campaign on my undergrad campus in conjunction with a national apparatchik. That was fun.

Best way to get in touch with me is at antarcticapres at aim dot com or respond here, and thanks for reading!

beeradvocate fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jan 3, 2011

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
I sure hope I don't get banned

Gadamer posted:

It's ok, it looks like they did the "we'll call you back later this week, and by that, we mean never!" :smith:

Sorry to hear that. Send someone an email to make sure they didn't just forget about you in the run up to the holidays.

May as well post my company's openings again. We are a mid-sized, publicly traded, growing research, consulting, and technology firm that services the healthcare and higher education industries. We have multiple openings, many of which hire year round, the bulk of which are located in Washington DC but with others in Chicago, San Francisco, Austin, Nashville, and Portland OR. Contact me at David.Gaffin (at) gmail.com if you think you'd be a good fit.

Specifically, we have openings for entry and mid-level positions in research, consulting, marketing (actually sales), account management, and many others. Full listing of open positions https://corporate-advisory.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchLocation=&searchCategory= , and company PR and job description for Research Analyst below:

Overview:
Analyst
Strategic Research
The Advisory Board Company (NASDAQ: ABCO)
https://www.advisory.com

Forbes: Ranked one of the 200 Best Small Companies, 2009
Vault.com: Listed among Top 50 Consulting Firms, 2009
Modern Healthcare: 2009 “Best Places to Work”
Finalist, Washington Business Journal's Business Philanthropy Awards, 2009
Modern Healthcare: Listed among the Largest Healthcare Management Consultants, 2009

About The Advisory Board Company
The Advisory Board Company (NASDAQ: ABCO) is a leading health care services firm providing best practices insight, leadership development, implementation and technology solutions. The company currently serves over 2,800 of the country's preeminent hospitals and health care systems as well as pharmaceutical and medical device companies and insurers. Our continually expanding business portfolio provides employees with significant opportunities for career development at an accelerated pace, while an employee-focused internal environment places emphasis on service ethic, spirit of generosity, team engagement, and continuous learning.

Our current opportunity is based in Washington DC.

Position Info:
About the position
Strategic Research Analysts work in teams on research studies surfacing key challenges or opportunities facing hospitals and provide best (and worst) demonstrated practices in addressing these issues. The unique membership model allows research teams to directly interact with hospital executives, learning from their experiences and influencing change at member hospitals through presentation of key research findings.

Research studies can range anywhere from 1-9 months in duration, and typically culminate in a two-day summit where research findings and insights are presented to healthcare executives. Most recent studies have addressed topics such as the Emergency Department capacity crisis, the growing burden of bad debt in hospitals, evaluating the latest clinical technologies, implementing electronic medical records, and the nursing shortage. Finally, these studies are published and shared with other hospital leaders via web-based teleconferences. Analysts are actively involved throughout the entire research cycle—from conception, to research interviews, to analysis and creation of presentation materials. Working in teams provides analysts a great opportunity to learn from peers and to take on more challenging responsibilities as they mature in their roles.

Analyst Responsibilities
Analysts work on two to four research studies per year, with job responsibilities varying according to the stage in the study cycle. Across each research cycle, the analyst will typically be expected to accomplish the following objectives:
Collaborate on research agenda setting
Conduct in-depth interviews with senior healthcare executives
Document and analyze findings from primary and secondary research
Reduce industry challenges to root cause problems
Identify and critique best practice strategies and solutions
Develop innovative frameworks for presentation of findings
Contribute to creation of presentation materials
Potentially analyze and build market calculators and financial models

As analysts become more experienced, they assume broader responsibilities, including management of member relationships, providing “thought leadership” and creativity, and even serving as “in-house experts” on various topics.

The analyst position offers significant growth and rapid promotion potential, as well as opportunities to take on other roles within our growing firm. The Advisory Board is a true meritocracy, with pace of advancement within the firm based on an analyst’s performance, capabilities and ambition.

Qualifications:
Basic Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree
Excellent academic record
0-4 years of experience
Experience with at least one of the following:
Conducting long-term research (at least 3 months in duration)
Conducting primary and secondary research
Demonstrated interest in health care
Writing in-depth reports in an academic or professional setting

Ideal Qualifications:
Experience working in a team environment, as well as independently and autonomously
Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior executives
Experience conducting root-cause analysis
Demonstrated experience meeting deadlines
Experience with solution focused problem solving and thinking through problems creatively

Benefits: Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package, including a comprehensive health plan, a 401(k) plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, a daytime leave policy for community service, a medical flexible spending account, and additional attractive benefits.

An Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer

BingoMcJiggles
Dec 19, 2004
Jobs Seeker
I am looking for work in New York, Chicago, London, Singapore, Hong Kong, or any other major financial hub.

Education:
Bachelor of Science in Business Management from Babson College
Master’s in Operations Research from Columbia University

Experience: I have completed a few internships. I have worked at a private wealth management firm and prop trading shop.

What I am looking for: I really want to work in some type of financial services job with a salary. My ideal job would involve working on a trading desk.

What I am NOT looking for: Jobs without salary that are 100 percent commissions based.

When can I start Immediately, I just completed my masters in December.

PM me if interested.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

fyallm posted:

Job Openings in Cincinnati, OH IT jobs in the Banking Industry.

Unfortunately I don't qualify for any of these, but since you're the first person I've ever seen post a job in Cincinnati, please let me say: POST MORE.

Midge the Jet
Sep 15, 2006

Still haven't heard anything from the Advisory Board Company either, I'm going to contact the person I met with on Monday to see if the holidays had any impact (at least, I hope that's it :( ).

Posting about myself again, just for the heck of it.

Job Seeker
Looking for work in the DC metro area. The closer into the city, the better. I have a car, and would prefer to metro to work, but I could drive if I have to.

Education
Graduated this past May with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.

Experience
Currently, I'm in a contracting position at Bank of America - Merrill Lynch. I have been working on accounts that have business on the BoA side and merging them with brokerage accounts that were on the ML side. All this has to do with the buyout that Merrill had in the economic collapse. Its interesting, but there is nothing involving my degree at all, its mostly data analysis and contacting branches to fix security flaws in accounts. I'm hoping that having the bank on my resume can help me with companies in the area.
Prior to this, I worked in technical support roles in smaller companies. I did the daily help desk things, but it isn't what I want to focus on. In these positions, I was in charge of filing items for the department as well as keeping inventory. Also I helped with audits since one of them was publicly traded...before it declared chapter 11.

What I am looking for
I need a full time job. My fiance has been living in a rented room waiting for my to find something since he started with the IRS this past summer, and I would really like to be able to live in our own place and not with my parents in Philly. I'd prefer to do something that uses my degree, but I wouldn't mind starting in an administrative job if I have to since I had to utilize those skills a lot in my past jobs.

What I am NOT looking for
Part time, if it isn't at a rate that is reasonable. I am paying a lot of bills right now, specifically my student loans, and I need to be able to pay rent as well.

When can I start
Immediately, the contract position states that if I find a job, I'm free to leave. I would love to find something soon because the pay I'm getting is less than what I made in college.

Midge the Jet fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jun 14, 2011

Fulkmaster Flex
May 6, 2007
JOB OPENINGS IN MONTREAL, QC

We're currently looking for Software Developers:

As part of a project team, the Software Developer actively participates in all stages of the software development lifecycle (Design, Develop, Maintain, and Test). The Software Developer also interacts with all aspects of the application, from the SQL server level to the UI level. Software Developers are expected to have passion for programming and applying object oriented architecture and design methodologies.

Responsibilities include developing and testing complex programs/modules according to specific business and design requirements in an efficient and accurate manner in order to meet deadlines and exceed customer expectations.

Unit Testers:

As a member of the Research & Development team the Unit Tester will be focused on testing a complex set of features using a combination of white-box and black-box testing techniques. Candidates are expected to have 2+ years of software testing experience and a strong knowledge of software quality assurance practices. Solid automation and coding skills are required as the incumbent will be responsible for automating this area and building test tools. The Unit Tester writes, revises, and verifies unit/functional tests using a unit testing platform.

Product Managers:

The Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with research and product development, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The incumbent is responsible for defining business rules and for successfully aligning technical requirements with business objectives. The role also includes ensuring that the product supports the company's overall strategy and goals.

Customer Support Advisors:

Our Customer Support team assists thousands of personal and business members by responding to all types of questions, including how to integrate their online shop with AlertPay as well as questions about fees, passwords, et cetera. We are looking to hire 5 Customer Support Advisors to join our dynamic and fun team!

Please apply today through the links above.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Drone posted:

Unfortunately I don't qualify for any of these, but since you're the first person I've ever seen post a job in Cincinnati, please let me say: POST MORE.

I have a bunch of others that I know of, so if you want PM me with your resume / what your looking for and hopefully we can find you something! I didn't want to post all of what I had, because it was a bunch!

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

fyallm posted:

I have a bunch of others that I know of, so if you want PM me with your resume / what your looking for and hopefully we can find you something! I didn't want to post all of what I had, because it was a bunch!

PM sent, you're awesome.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
For everyone who emailed me, it's going to be a very a busy week, but I WILL get back to you soon.

dahkren
Jan 11, 2006
Jobs Seeker
Looking for work in Ottawa/Kanata

Education
Forest Technician Diploma
Registered forest technician, certified Ontario lands technician.

Experience
General Office experience and basic accounting / bookkeeping.
Had a side business doing websites (Just basics, but can do .net/xml/sql)
General labourer experience.
Experience dealing with clients.
Experience supervising staff.

What I am looking for
Anything. Recently laid off due to dramatic business downturn at my last job.
Obviously something to do with trees or natural resources would be great, but, happily do general office work or tech support too.

No pyramid schemes, door-door marketing.

When can I start
RIGHT NOW! E-Mail: rthomson AT breakreality DOT com

Zarfol
Aug 13, 2009
Having some trouble finding jobs locally, so I thought I'd give it a go here.

Job Seeker
I'm looking for work in Georgia in the USA.

Education
I just graduated with a B.B.A in accounting with a minor in marketing this December.

Experience
I've got some experience working in product management and the finance industry. Done some marketing brochure development and have filled out business and personal tax returns. Also worked in a factory setting and done some HR also.

What I'm looking for
Looking for some sort of accounting job, either permanent or part-time help during the tax season in a small accounting office or a local CPA that needs some extra help during the busy season.
Also, I can help do paperwork or general administrative duties for small businesses.

Contact
Email me at anandksekaran AT gmail.com or send me a PM. I can start working pretty much whenever.

EmptyGenius
Jul 9, 2007
Job Seeker

Education
MBA from University of Wisconsin - Madison (Applied Security Analysis Program) - I graduate in May.
BS from Salisbury University

Experience
2 years of buy-side analyst experience at Robert W. Baird
Summer Intern at Credit Suisse doing Credit Analysis

What I am looking for
An Equity or Fixed Income research analyst position, but prefer equity. I'm looking to work on the buy-side for a private wealth management shop, mutual fund, or hedge fund. I have research samples available. I'm targeting the Baltimore/DC area, but am open to other areas (California, New York, Boston).

Anything other than research.

When can I start
Mid-June. Please email me at emptygenius at gmail dot com if you know of any openings!

EmptyGenius fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jan 6, 2011

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

bam thwok posted:

Overview:
Analyst
Strategic Research
The Advisory Board Company (NASDAQ: ABCO)
http://www.advisory.com

Sounds like a dream job for me, even fit the required qualifications etc. Shame I'm 3000 miles away in the wrong direction. Out of interest though what's an approximation of the pay scale in DC for that sort of job?

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Sounds like a dream job for me, even fit the required qualifications etc. Shame I'm 3000 miles away in the wrong direction. Out of interest though what's an approximation of the pay scale in DC for that sort of job?

I won't get into compensation here because it's untoward, but there are websites for that.

And most candidates get a pretty accommodating relocation allotment if that's the issue.

Brokyn
May 24, 2006

bam thwok posted:

I won't get into compensation here because it's untoward, but there are websites for that.

And most candidates get a pretty accommodating relocation allotment if that's the issue.

no stop helping other people too :gonk:

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

bam thwok posted:

Wrong Citizenship as well, not sure if I'd fancy relocating to the other side of the planet for less than $100k either was more just passing interest in comparing different sides of the Atlantic. Thanks for the website though!

Seawaffle
Jun 21, 2007
making a career of misquoting
Job Seeker
I'm currently in Houston, TX, not having a whole lot of luck locally. I'd prefer something relatively close (Houston, Austin, Dallas), but I'm willing to move farther for the right job.

Education
BS in Engineering Physics

Experience
~3.5 years software development (C++ and C# desktop apps)

Skills
C++ (Win32 and MFC), C#, some personal experience with Java, Python and Ruby, able to handle myself in Linux or Windows. Currently fiddling about in Android.

What I'm Looking For
Full-time software development, decent benefits. I'm definitely big on learning new things.

What I'm Not Looking For
Constant grind/death march. I have a wife and a kid on the way, and I'll need to spend time with them, not trudge through 80-hour weeks.

When Can I Start
Two weeks after offer, might need a bit more time if relocation is necessary.

Contact
ctoneal at gmail dot com or PM.

Seawaffle fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jan 7, 2011

Black Magi
Dec 29, 2006
That old black magic...
Job Seeker
Looking for work drat near anywhere. Moved to NW Florida (panhandle) a year ago from the Midwest, but over the past 10 years have lived/worked all over the US.

Education
No formal education, but full of IT certifications gathered on the job:

• CompTIA A+ Certified Professional
    • CompTIA Security+ Certified Professional
    • Microsoft Certified Professional: Windows XP
    • Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician
    • Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist: Windows Vista, Configuration
    • Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Enterprise Support Technician
    • Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator: Windows Server 2003

Experience
Currently working with a federal contractor, but was informed two days ago (while at home recovering from a minor surgical procedure) that the position they created and asked me to move here to fill has been slated for elimination. Bummer. Have worked varying IT jobs, usually in the form of System/Network Administration over the past 10 years for mostly small-medium businesses (from 5 employee start-ups to 500+ employee midsized companies). I'm familiar with all the Microsoft goodies (Server 2000-2008 R2, IIS, AD, Exchange, SQL Server, etc) as well as varying applications (Blackberry Enterprise, Adobe suite, Crystal Reports, Office, etc). I've worked on a lot of different hardware (thin clients, firewalls, Barracudas, laptops, desktops, servers, SANs, scanners/printers, PoE switches, etc), have a decent grasp of most OS (Unixware, Red Hat, Windows, etc) and have been to dabble with html/css/php/etc when needed to.

What I am looking for
My favorite jobs have been ones that give me the freedom to do my job (read as: no micromanaging) and let me have a decent say in how things were run. The issue with these jobs is that they usually pay toward the bottom of the barrel and eventually the lack of money overrides my happiness doing the work. So I would love a decent paying job that utilized my talents and allowed me to possibly save up some money and finally go to school (the job I am being phased out of got me to quit my previous and move across the country at the promise of free schooling. That promise fell through shortly after arrival). I'd prefer the job be in a nice location... I enjoy cooking and my wife has a ton of allergies so a city near a Whole Foods or something would be swell. This is just a "want," not a need, though. I guess while I'm shooting for the moon, I'd love a job overseas... over the past two years I have been up for multiple jobs that would have taken me all over the globe (Japan, Canada, etc) and am always narrowly defeated. I guess if I can't get something local and have to move, might as well be somewhere interesting, right?

Part time/contract jobs less than a year. Sadly it won't be worth packing up and moving to work a 3-6 month position. Also, go watch Office Space: If the person I'll be working under has a personality like Lumbergh, I won't be a good fit. I prefer managers who understand what my job is, let me do it without hovering and take my opinions seriously. Also, unless I have no choice, I'm not a fan of consistently working Saturdays or nights, but it's not a killer.

When can I start
If the location is close/commutable: Just let me grab the stuff from my office here and give back my key. If the location is farther out, as soon as I can get there. My current job vanishes on Jan 31st, so that's my buffer time before feeling the cold hand of unemployment.

Bonus
I have a current security clearance, in case that is something that would sweeten the deal, and I have nothing in my background keeping me from getting a higher level one if needed. I also don't mind travel... in fact, I usually love it.

Contact
E-mail me at: awfulblackmagi AT gmail.com

SirNeptune
Jan 7, 2011

Canonical Quantum Gravity Snob
An organization I work with has been circulating this. I'm guessing it's for a pretty small project as I haven't heard much about it. It's a contract job - so this won't be your new career. The advertisement doesn't say how much it pays, but I wouldn't expect more then $1200 just from my guess.

Overview:
Using the CodeIgniter framework we are developing a unique-concept website. Specifics of the website’s functionality are confidential and will be released with a NDA. This website carries some common features such a user authentication, profiles, Facebook integration, and forums.

Skills Required:
The freelancer contracted will need to display proficiency with PHP and a familiarity with the CodeIgniter framework. MySQL will also be important as the development and implementation of an “achievement” system will be required of the Freelancer. It is required that you have MySQL experience - some tasks require more than your basic understanding of MySQL. You must be proficient in English, and display a modest level of professional behavior. Familiarity with ajax a plus.

What We Have:
* Authentication - integrated with Facebook / Twitter / Etc.
* Profiles.
* Forums.
* Payment system - currently “bare bones” to be molded more around your work.
* Part-time PHP coder.
* Full-time UI designer carrying out javascript / ajax tasks.

What You Will Do:
Develop “key unique feature”. We have all the specifications and functionality of this feature outlined already, and have a database flowchart. Your work will primarily be PHP, but will require strong familiarity with MySQL.

Achievement system. Based on triggered events from the “key unique feature” achievements will be unlocked that provide “point” based reward to the users account.

Timeline:
Up to 5 months. Perfect for students, professionals that freelance, or full time freelancers.
A professional who has given full dedication to this project could probably accomplish it in a week.

Compensation:
Amount of payment negotiable based on applicant’s prior experience and displayed proficiency. Payment will be released along a predetermined set of milestones - non-negotiable.

Apply:
Please feel free to ask more questions here. Open to US residents only. You may also contact me at neptunegfx at gmail dot com

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Job Seeker

Looking for an IT/Help Desk support job in Chicago

BS from University of Illinois (Champaign/Urbana) in MIS
4 Years regular work experience
6 mo additional intern experience

Looking for a job preferably in the loop.

PM me or email me @ username @ gmail for a resume. Gracias!!

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Solar Turbines is looking for a journeyman engineer for their UCSF plant in San Francisco. They are running 2 Taurus 60's with HRSG's. Crew is solid, job is union. I would take it myself but I am enjoying time off too much at the moment. If there is actually any interest I can post more info.

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?

bam thwok posted:

There are a few jobs I would be perfect for. Are you aware of how they treat international applicants? I am from Canada.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

bam thwok posted:

Sent you email.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

vandelay industries posted:

There are a few jobs I would be perfect for. Are you aware of how they treat international applicants? I am from Canada.

I'm sure there's all the usual hurdles to jump through, but I work directly alongside people from New Zealand, Australia, Jordan and India, plus checking our directory there's a couple of people from Toronto, and at least one from Ottawa. They might all be married to US citizens or something, but I doubt it. Shouldn't be a problem. Feel free to shoot me an email.

The Adama
Jan 6, 2003

EJO has always got your back. Shouldn't you return the favor?
Edit: No longer accepting applications

The Adama fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 24, 2011

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?

bam thwok posted:

I'm sure there's all the usual hurdles to jump through, but I work directly alongside people from New Zealand, Australia, Jordan and India, plus checking our directory there's a couple of people from Toronto, and at least one from Ottawa. They might all be married to US citizens or something, but I doubt it. Shouldn't be a problem. Feel free to shoot me an email.

Great. I sent ya an email!

Tongsy
Aug 22, 2007
My company is likely going to have a position coming up, supporting Satellite equipment for Enterprise customers. I currently work the same job, and it's not a bad job. One of our colleagues is leaving on February 1st so we will likely start looking shortly after.

We are located in Kanata (Ottawa) Ontario

A brief job description

Customer Service Specialist
Department: Customer Service
Reports To: Manager, Customer Service

* Provides tier 2 customer support to XXXXX customers on all XXXXXX products and third party integrated products.
* Assists Sales Group in product demonstrations (customer site and/or at XXXXX’s facility).
* Manages small scale projects and provides factory system and integration testing and/or evaluation of XXXXX and third party products.
* Provides pre-sales technical support for the Sales and Marketing group.
* Provides (Technician Assists) on-site installation and on-site training.
* Assists in qualifying Engineering prototypes, providing written reports on performance and/or suggestions for design improvements.

Good skills to have
SQL experience (this is high priority, we use MSSQL and MySQL and alot more of our stuff is going to being DB based)
Scripting knowledge
IP Networking
Strong troubleshooting ability
RF Knowledge if possible, but not necessary

If you want more info just email me, josh dot tavares at gee male dot calm

LockNTross
Aug 8, 2004
exploding justice, apathism, small subs, volatile, drippy, white gold

RangerScum posted:

Chicago

I was just looking over a few, dont have PM, will try username

LockNTross fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jan 15, 2011

Amun
Oct 16, 2002

The company I work for in Chicago is looking for a .NET developer (full-time or part-time -- need somebody quick!). Don't mention SA - my boss will have no idea what you're talking about.

quote:

gate39media (https://www.gate39media.com) a web development company specializing in the futures and financial industry located in downtown Chicago has an opportunity for a full time.NET Web Developer with 1-2 years of experience. gate39media develops websites and online applications used by brokerage and clearing firms, funds, and financial industry service providers globally.

More than *just a developer* Work in a small team-atmosphere where your ideas and contributions above simply *doing the work* are valued. Each developer is responsible for not only developing web applications but assisting with every step including gathering requirements, defining the approach, and working closely with other developers, designers and team members.

Projects you'll be working on include:

* Developing corporate websites using the Sitefinity CMS, WordPress and other systems
* Working with mostly .NET-based and some PHP websites and applications
* Client portals
* Social media integration
* Lead generation applications and campaigns
* Interface with 3rd party systems including financial data feeds, accounting systems, and various APIs
* E-commerce
* Growing our internally developed web-based back office applications

Work with the latest technologies including AJAX, 3rd party APIs, 3rd party components, data access layers, media streaming, cloud services and more. Search Engine Optimization is built into everything we do.

You'll have the opportunity to work with a variety of websites from public facing sites, to internal applications and portals and internally developed properties. As such, you*ll be balancing multiple projects in various phases so good organization and time management skills are needed.

BENEFITS AND PERKS
Salary Level $50,000-60,000
* Medical and dental insurance
* Paid holidays
* Accrued paid time off starting at 15 days per year
* Casual work environment--jeans and headphones encouraged
* Supply of free soda and snacks
* Work on diverse projects and apply problem solving skills

CORE QUALIFICATIONS

* At least three years of web development experience
* Strong knowledge of ASP.NET 2.0/3.5/4.0 (VB/C )
* MS SQL Server
* XML, HTML, and strong CSS skills
* AJAX, J-Query, JavaScript
* Ability to create custom objects and classes
* Positive attitude and commitment to delivering high-quality, accurate web applications, and innovative ideas to our team
* Strong communication skills

Not required but advantageous:

* Knowledge of Telerik and 3rd party controls
* Familiarity with data access layers such as subsonic
* Microsoft Certification

Contact Information (do not mention SA - my boss will have no idea what you're talking about!)
Shane Stiles
117 N. Jefferson St Suite LL05
Chicago, Illinois 60661
United States

shane@gate39media.com
312-715-1475

SpaceTime
Jul 10, 2010

---blade runner--
Job Seeker. Seeking internship/placement,or entry level office job.

Education: BA International Business(including Russian/German) penultimate year.
Spoken languages: Dutch ( fluently) English ( fluently)

Experience: Currently working as a tutor/mentor, helping students. Also volunteered for a local community office, with interpretation, liaising, and other administrative duties. Knowledge of Excel, MS Office in general, some web design, HTML/PHP in particular. ( did computing science before hand)

What I am Looking For: I'm ready to take on anything ( even if it's abroad). Especially internships, salary is not an issue, as long as it's minimum wage, I am satisfied. Interested in primarily research, analysis and other such things of this nature. I have a passion for Marketing, Research & Development, employee relations, and everything else that fits into this criteria. Any computing associated work is also perfectly fine, and will not hinder me. Any work that involves teaching is also great.

Where I live: United Kingdom.

When I can start: Immediately. Would prefer post May 2010 for internships. However, if you have a job, that one can do from a distance, I would definitely want to get in on it no matter what.

Amun
Oct 16, 2002

Now that I think about it, I could use a hand with some web development projects I've got going. You'll work remotely, but you need to be in Chicago and available for the occasional meeting. Here's a list of stuff you should know/be:

* Web design - send me a handful of sites you've designed
* Table-less HTML/CSS layouts
* Familiarity with Wordpress
* (Very) basic PHP stuff

* Reliable. If I tell a client something's going to be done it had better get done on time.
* Attention to detail. I can't stress this enough: if something is the slightest bit off I'm going to punch you.

Send me an e-mail at jeremy.phelps@myoose.com with your resume and some examples of work you've done. I'm really looking for a designer who also knows a little about code, not a programmer who thinks they're okay at design!

ButteryNoodles
Jul 18, 2006
Deliciously satisfactory.
Job opening for a Front-end Web Developer in Minneapolis, MN.

Edit: Job filled.

ButteryNoodles fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jan 23, 2011

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Job Seeker: Seeking placement in government, private sector or temporary work.

Education: BA Politics, Asian studies Minor, Russian Minor; MA in Linguistics pending completion of my research paper this semester.

Spoken languages: American English (fluent); 中文 (普通话) (near-fluent); Russian (elementary, but can relearn very quickly, write). Latin (Intermediate).

Experience:
-Assistant to the Director, Academic Resource Center
*Expert with entire MSOffice Suite
*DocStar
*Data entry, word processing, cust. service, ability to thrive in stressful environment
-Route Driver, Transit (CDL-B, Air brake, Passenger endorsements)
-Research methods, ethics.
-Rudimentary spectrogram analysis (how I got my current av from TFF)
-Tutoring several subjects.
*Parliamentary procedure
*Chinese (Mandarin)
*English (see below)
-TESOL/TEFL cert.

What I am Looking For: Temp, Perm, Part-time, whatever. I'm not picky, but as my final semester of my MA is currently scheduled to start next week, I need to start my career ASAP as I've completed all the classes and have only my paper to do. I'm at the point where I do not need to be tied to any place. HOWEVER, that does not mean I would be averse to taking a driving job in the meantime to pay the bills.

What I am NOT Looking For: Sales, retail, heavy lifting, pyramid schemes.

Where I live: Currently in Bethesda, MD, but I am mobile and willing to go almost anywhere. Family in NH, MA, CA, ME, VT, NY, VA that I can stay with for extended periods of time until I get an apartment. Willing and able to relocate to Hong Kong, London, Hamburg, Munich, Quebec, Vancouver, either US seaboard.

When I can start: I need to give my current employer 2 weeks notice, but after that, immediately. Travel is not an issue for me.

GonadTheBallbarian fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Mar 21, 2017

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Job Seeker: Seeking placement in public or private sector.

Education: BA Information Technology Infrastructure

Spoken languages: American English (fluent)

Experience:
-Network Engineer summer internship at insurance company
-LAN/WAN Administration
-VMWare
-Troubleshooting
-Cisco IOS
-Device software upgrades (Cisco ACS)
-Active Directory, Sharepoint, Citrix, Solarwinds,
-Windows OS 95 through 7
-Windows Server 2003/2008
-Network device physical installation experience
-Desktop?Laptop device repair experience

What I am Looking For: Full-time.

What I am NOT Looking For: Sales, retail, heavy lifting, pyramid schemes, tech support.

Where I live: Currently in Milwaukee, WI. Would prefer to stay instate but would be open to relocating to northern coastal states or Texas.

When I can start: Immediately.

tolerabletariff
Jul 3, 2009

Do you think I'm spooky?
Job Seeker: Seeking an internship in consulting, finance, or energy (business development).

Education: BA Economics with a focus in finance and business management. Top-15 school.

Spoken languages: American English (fluent), Russian (intermediate)

Experience:
-General Manager (head of business) for the school newspaper, a registered nonprofit corporation independent of the university. I manage 40 paid and unpaid staffers while planning and executing initiatives to drive revenue while managing costs.
-Summer internship with a midsize mutual fund company analyzing investment operations and compliance.
-Three summer internships with an energy-industry consulting firm, analyzing foreign and domestic integrated oil companies, preparing client deliverables, and assisting consultants with research and advisory preparation. Conducted quantitative economic modeling and risk analysis.
-Nearly 3 years' experience as a Shift Manager at my local Pizza Hut. Managed 25 drivers, cooks, and customer service representatives and had sole responsibility over the store on many busy nights. Forecast sales, planned inventory and staffing levels.
-Highly proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
-Experienced with Bloomberg and STATA (statistical analysis package).
-Skilled at computer assembly, disassembly, repair, networking, and software optimization.

What I am Looking For: Summer internship

What I am NOT Looking For: Schemes or scams

Where I live: Washington, D.C. suburbs. Seeking a position in New York, Boston, Houston, or in another country.

When I can start: May 2011.

I'm looking to see if anyone works at a company that recruits summer interns, specifically in business development, consulting and financial fields. I also have significant experience in the energy industry. While my campus has official recruiting, there are many firms that don't recruit at my school that only accept applications from targeted universities. I am hoping that someone at a relevant firm will notice this post and be able to get my resume to the right people.

Oh, and I'm a steal--I'm only looking for enough money to live decently where I'm interning while stashing a bit for the next school year. My full resume details this better, but I've had a quantifiable, positive impact at every place I've worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Jizzer
Mar 19, 2003

...a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man.
***Listing pulled temporarily, making some changes***

The Jizzer fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jan 25, 2011