Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.
After being told they had my prescriptions in stock and I could pick them up Tuesday(21st), turns out they don't have my Adderall in stock until NEXT WEDNESDAY. I almost cried :sigh: I can't go anywhere else because its triple the price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

2508084 posted:

After being told they had my prescriptions in stock and I could pick them up Tuesday(21st), turns out they don't have my Adderall in stock until NEXT WEDNESDAY. I almost cried :sigh: I can't go anywhere else because its triple the price.

That sucks - I feel you.

Do you go to a pharmacy with different branches, like a Rite-Aid? Maybe other branches will have the drugs in stock, and you can pick them up there. With mine, I have to make a note that whenever I drop off a prescription, I have to wait a few days, because I know it's not in stock.

For Christmas, all we want is our :catdrugs:

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Also,

for Christmas, I got myself a :catdrugs: shirt. In orange. Here I am, modelling it.

This is really the most glorious shirt. (And one of the cats really loves the toys, and just got shitfaced. The other cat doesn't care at all)

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

hajimewa
Aug 25, 2010
So are doctors the only ones able to prescribe ADD drugs? I'm currently in a predicament as I need to wait 3 months before I can qualify for my province's health insurance program (I live in Toronto). And I believe even after that I'd be put on some waiting list to see one anyway.

I was wondering if I could contact a psychiatrist directly, is this advisable? Must I be referred to one by a GP first? Should I see a therapist or a psychiatrist? I'm also at least mildly depressed.

hajimewa fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Dec 24, 2010

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

like he's an Italian.

hajimewa posted:

I was wondering if I could contact a psychiatrist directly, is this advisable? Should I see a therapist or a psychiatrist? I'm also at least mildly depressed.

Psychiatrists are doctors, they can prescribe whatever a GP can. If you're depressed, see a therapist. If you need medicine for it, they'll send you to a psychiatrist for it. A general practitioner can prescribe them too, but therapists and psychiatrists understand the disorders more. I don't have health insurance (with medical and mental disorder, I'm uninsurable), but I know sometimes health insurance companies need you to be referred to a psychiatrist by a general practitioner.

Qu Appelle posted:

That sucks - I feel you.

Do you go to a pharmacy with different branches, like a Rite-Aid?

Next branch is one city over and I don't drive. I wouldn't be able to get a hold of anyone until the 27th now that its the holiday weekend. At least schools out, I can deal with work for another week.

delilicious
Aug 2, 2010
Awesome informative thread. I'm trying to read it through beginning to end, but not quite there yet, so sorry if this has been asked recently. A few questions.

Do you ever feel really irritated at other people and snap at them when you can't focus on what they're saying? Or you can focus on them but you have a billion other thoughts going at you get upset at them for interrupting?
Do you ever become physically uncomfortable because of mental restlessness? Kind of hard to explain, but you're having a particularly hard time focusing your thoughts and then your whole body feels fuzzy, antsy, or energized?

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

like he's an Italian.

delilicious posted:

Do you ever feel really irritated at other people and snap at them when you can't focus on what they're saying?
I've misheard things because I was in the middle of thinking about something else and partially listening and snapped off at what I thought I heard.

quote:

Do you ever become physically uncomfortable because of mental restlessness? Kind of hard to explain, but you're having a particularly hard time focusing your thoughts and then your whole body feels fuzzy, antsy, or energized?

Only when I'm restricted from moving, like 2 hour long exams and such. It drives me nuts if I can't pace and it completely disrupts my thought process because all I can think of doing is getting out of wherever I'm at so I can move. I work my thoughts out better when I pace. I probably walk five miles a day or something ridiculous like that, just from pacing in my house. The few minutes I've been sitting here, writing this, I already need to get up and walk around.

\/ oh god, hearing people chew :derp:

ladyweapon fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Dec 26, 2010

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

delilicious posted:

Do you ever feel really irritated at other people and snap at them when you can't focus on what they're saying? Or you can focus on them but you have a billion other thoughts going at you get upset at them for interrupting?

It's sometimes very difficult to focus on what someone is saying because some other rear end in a top hat is chewing gum loudly or some other thing like that. It bothers the poo poo out of me. I don't get upset with the person talking though, I get upset with the distraction. Noise cancelling headphones are a godsend in classes because I can put one in my ear and block out noise from a whole side of the room.

quote:

Not exactly. If my mind is allowed to wander it's great. If I desperately need to focus on something though, like writing a really loving long essay or dealing with complicated math that I don't fully understand, I start to feel like I'm physically exhausted trying to extend my focus. This feeling goes away immediately once I'm done with whatever it was. This killed my grades when I was a kid, I just blew off homework because I didn't want to do it. I could pass tests just fine, but I loving hate busy work because it's just constant focus.

Aculard
Oct 15, 2007

by Ozmaugh

delilicious posted:

This is a daily occurrence between my husband and I when he comes home from work or out of another room.

:words: : Aculard today at work I did this and blah blah blah
:downs: : uh huh.
:words: : blah blah blahblah blah blah
:downs: : uh huh.
:words: : (sits down beside me) Are you-
:byodame: HARLBHAGLARHGHG WHERE THE gently caress DID YOU COME FROM WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME!?!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Yes I know that exact feeling; I work in a Drive-Thru and my coworkers are learning that if they chat noisily with each other right next to me while I'm taking orders I will make stranglehands at them.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Oh god the distractions! Last semester in my differential equations class there were these kids that sat either right next to me or behind me (I sit front and center just to get away from all the distractions, I can only concentrate with nobody in front of me) who were in the loving marching band and would play the loving drums with their hands or pencils on the desks.

The first day of class they were sitting behind me and one of them was loving playing a bass drum line with his foot on my chair. I freaked right out at him - the crazy part is our teacher was from china and sometimes when these dudes would be just tapping away on their desks super loudly he'd stop lecturing, clear his throat while looking RIGHT AT THESE DUDES and say "OK NOW" in an attempt to get the little fuckers to shut the hell up but all these kids would do is giggle and keep right on with their annoying rear end beats. THE drat NERVE OF THESE KIDS!!

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Oh man, I feel you guys.

I have something really similar at work. I do the IT for a very small company all by myself(my boss just kinda vanished and the owners asked if I would like to take up the challenge, thank god I started with my :catdrugs: recently).

The manager, a good guy, has a tendency to just pop into my office and shoot an idea at me which would require my involvement to actually make it a reality. It's just in a "what if" kind of way, to check if it's possible, and he often has good ones too!

But sometimes he gets these epiphanies more often than usual. I already have so much stuff to keep track of and maintain. I try to write everything down that crosses my path and structure it to "work/think in a straight line" BUT OH GOD THERE HE IS AGAIN FOR THE 6TH TIME IN 2 HOURS RAWRGNASHBLAH STOP BLOWING OVER THE HOUSE OF CARDS THAT IS MY MIND. :argh:

And that lady of finance. You are not the boss of me aeraghSDH stop trying to control what I do I have a SCHEDULE for a reason you ain't the boss of me. :arghfist::mad:

But they all mean well and know about it so I feel like a jerk afterwards, which I should - it's an explanation not an excuse!

Question for you guys regarding dreams: do some of you also have the idea that Escher is the director and script writer of your night time? And if so, and you just started your meds, do you now feel like you can experience and remember them so much better?

Because christ, seriously. What, the, hell. :stare:

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

like he's an Italian.

Mindblast posted:

But they all mean well and know about it so I feel like a jerk afterwards, which I should - it's an explanation not an excuse!

If you have an actual office with a door, maybe you can have a closed door policy? I.e. when you need to get real work done, your door is closed, but if its not super urgent stuff, you leave your door open for epiphanies as they happen. Its a not-rude way of saying "Hey, I'm busy right now, come back later."

Two more days until my pharmacy has my adderall in stock. I don't understand why they could get the Wellbutrin in one day, but adderall takes 8 days. Is it because its a scheduled drug?

Can someone give me an idea of what I would feel like? I know thats a vague, stupid question, but I've been this way all my life. Its going to throw me if I change drastically. The idea of being able to sit down and do homework for a full 30 minutes without getting up and pacing makes me feel weird, let alone the stuff I can't even comprehend happening. Adderall is fairly immediate (for a medication) isnt it? A couple hours after I take it I should notice the effect?

I sound like a virgin on prom night :ohdear:

edit: What the hell am I going to do without my pacing?!? :supaburn:

ladyweapon fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Dec 28, 2010

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Yeah, Adderall is pretty immediate, even the SR stuff. I could start to feel it after 20-30 minutes of taking a dose.

sildenafil
Dec 17, 2004

They're just jealous.

2508084 posted:

Two more days until my pharmacy has my adderall in stock. I don't understand why they could get the Wellbutrin in one day, but adderall takes 8 days. Is it because its a scheduled drug?

:catdrugs: like Adderall require not just ordering from a supplier, but filing paperwork with the Drug Enforcement Agency. It's a pain in the rear end and why it takes a week. It's usually easier to find another pharmacy that already has it in stock.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

2508084 posted:

If you have an actual office with a door, maybe you can have a closed door policy? I.e. when you need to get real work done, your door is closed, but if its not super urgent stuff, you leave your door open for epiphanies as they happen. Its a not-rude way of saying "Hey, I'm busy right now, come back later."

I sound like a virgin on prom night :ohdear:

Yeah I may try that! somehow that door has been there, always open. Like it's part of the wall by now haha.

As for your medication: if possible I would make your first day in the weekend. Get well rested, skip the coffee, take the dose you were told to take.

You will notice the effect when it happens and I doubt it will feel unpleasant. If it's even remotely close to how it feels like with my Dex, it's like a missing gear getting put back in for the first time in your life. :)

I would advice the weekend because you will need to get a feel for the timing. You need to find out how long it works for you and how easy/hard it is to sleep in the evening. Weekend is usually pretty harmless in that regard.

Oh, and be careful with whatever other substances you may take(alcohol, coffee etc). IIRC, some meds may give increased superficial tolerance while others multiply the effect of whatever you take. For me, one beer turned into four and as if those were drank in the time span of that one single drink.

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

like he's an Italian.

sildenafil posted:

:catdrugs: like Adderall require not just ordering from a supplier, but filing paperwork with the Drug Enforcement Agency. It's a pain in the rear end and why it takes a week. It's usually easier to find another pharmacy that already has it in stock.

I figured as much. If the price at my current pharmacy wasn't 28$ vs the next lowest at 70$, I'd have gone somewhere else, but I don't make enough to cover that kind of price hop. I'll make a note to call in my order 2 weeks ahead of time so they can order some.

Mindblast posted:

As for your medication: if possible I would make your first day in the weekend. Get well rested, skip the coffee, take the dose you were told to take.

I would advice the weekend because you will need to get a feel for the timing. You need to find out how long it works for you and how easy/hard it is to sleep in the evening. Weekend is usually pretty harmless in that regard.

Oh, and be careful with whatever other substances you may take(alcohol, coffee etc).

I get a long weekend (half day on thursday - Monday, so I'll give it a go. I'm also prescribed a sleeping medication since I've had problems with severe insomnia all my life, so I'll be taking an Adderall in the morning, sometime mid-afternoon, then my sleeping pill a half hour before bed. I don't drink a whole bunch of coffee (one cup per day at work, just out of habit with the coworkers, none when I'm at home) and I'm pretty much going to have to quit drinking all together because the sleeping medication has Ambien-like side effects that I'd prefer not to deal with.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Mindblast posted:

Yeah I may try that! somehow that door has been there, always open. Like it's part of the wall by now haha.

I always try new medications on the weekends as well, as i tend to get bad reactions to them sometimes.

sildenafil
Dec 17, 2004

They're just jealous.

2508084 posted:

I figured as much. If the price at my current pharmacy wasn't 28$ vs the next lowest at 70$, I'd have gone somewhere else, but I don't make enough to cover that kind of price hop. I'll make a note to call in my order 2 weeks ahead of time so they can order some.

You might see if you can talk to the pharmacy manager. If they know you're going to be getting :catdrugs: regularly, they may be able to keep it in stock for you. Can't hurt to ask.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
The pharmacy I work at has two cabinets full of class 2s as they regularly get orders for adderall, percocet, etc..

Effexxor
May 26, 2008

2508084 posted:

I get a long weekend (half day on thursday - Monday, so I'll give it a go. I'm also prescribed a sleeping medication since I've had problems with severe insomnia all my life, so I'll be taking an Adderall in the morning, sometime mid-afternoon, then my sleeping pill a half hour before bed. I don't drink a whole bunch of coffee (one cup per day at work, just out of habit with the coworkers, none when I'm at home) and I'm pretty much going to have to quit drinking all together because the sleeping medication has Ambien-like side effects that I'd prefer not to deal with.

By the way, I had major issues with insomnia till I got onto Adderall. Granted, you will have to wait at least a week till your body adjusts, but see how it treats your sleeping patterns. Just make sure to take it early as you can if it's XR, and if it's not, try to take your last dose by 4:00.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I was diagnosed with ADD years ago - but never did anything about it. Well, I went to therapy. That was about it - and it helped. Make lists, create a routine, etc etc. But I am at the point where none of that works and it is actually creating problems at work and at school. I'm in my 30s but attending grad school.

The doctor I see now is different than the one I saw when I was diagnosed about 8 years back. What is the best way to approach this with my medical doctor? Not that he is going to think a 35 year old woman with no history of drug use is trying to score drugs to have fun, but still, I am not even sure how to bring it up without making it seem like this is my goal.

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

like he's an Italian.

Kelly posted:

What is the best way to approach this with my medical doctor?

quote:

I was diagnosed with ADD years ago - but never did anything about it. Well, I went to therapy. That was about it - and it helped. Make lists, create a routine, etc etc. But I am at the point where none of that works and it is actually creating problems at work and at school.

Just tell him that. Its simple, straight to the point, shows you have tried alternative methods, etc.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

2508084 posted:

Just tell him that. Its simple, straight to the point, shows you have tried alternative methods, etc.

To me, what I have done is a lot of work. I literally have notes up on the wall to keep me on task when I do things - getting ready to leave the house is something I struggle with, silly as it sounds. I just can't live like this anymore - I am starting a new job soon and I need to get my act together.

I guess I will just come straight out and bring it up.

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

like he's an Italian.

Kelly posted:

To me, what I have done is a lot of work. I literally have notes up on the wall to keep me on task when I do things - getting ready to leave the house is something I struggle with, silly as it sounds. I just can't live like this anymore - I am starting a new job soon and I need to get my act together.

Tell him that too. I keep a cluster of notes everywhere I go. My phone helps a lot because i can set alarms for the super important stuff, but my arms/hands/wrists constantly have writing on them because I can't keep track of paper/post its.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Kelly posted:

It's not silly at all. People have issues with different aspects of their lives because of ADHD. I'd just bring it up and see what he says. If it helps, make a little list of what you've done to try to battle it.

And if you feel that this doc isn't taking it seriously, won't help you, etc. don't be afraid to ask for a referral or a recommendation to a Psychiatrist or someone else who can help you.

BDPFlow
Jun 1, 2009

Knock, knock.

Kelly posted:

I guess I will just come straight out and bring it up.

I'm a college student that just got diagnosed. I went to my regular doctor, and just put "personal" as the reason I needed to speak with him. I was worried about the same thing, especially with the stigma of "study drugs" in college. It wasn't a big deal at all. The nurse that led me out said something along the lines of ":lol: this ain't personal we get this every day" while laughing her head off.

It's really weird for you, but it's entirely normal for your doctor. Doctor-patient interactions can be awkward, but at the end of the day sometimes you just have to spring stuff on them.

Aculard
Oct 15, 2007

by Ozmaugh
I'm finding that taking 40mg of adderall xr a day is like the perfect amount. I get very slight side effects (feel a slight increase in heart rate) but I'm able to focus and function. The problem is that it's double the amount I have right now for the next month.

How should I approach the (walk in clinic) doctors about this since I don't have a regular doc yet? In my assessment I can go as high as 40mg with some other drugs for the anxiety but the last doctor I saw pulled the "you should try to function instead of going on disability but I can't help you with meds which would make you function enough to have a job so lol catch 22!!~"

I'm prepared to go in there and be a hardass about it but I do not want to be seen as a drug addict. I've only been on 3 different medications and this one is expensive as all gently caress but if I need it until I can get in with a GP then I feel it's something I gotta do.

In better news writing is a bit easier when I'm not off meds since I can slow down and not speed through everything out of boredom. I made a good 90$+ the one day but I can definitely see the days on my goofy calender where I didn't take my meds since I ran out too early...and I have star stickers to show how many articles I write in that day to keep me on track ahhaha.

I loving LOVE STICKER CHARTS FOR JOBS :catdrugs:

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

like he's an Italian.

Aculard posted:

I'm finding that taking 40mg of adderall xr a day is like the perfect amount.

:aaaaa: I'm (starting, granted) on 10mg a day. Not XR, two 5mg pills. Anyways, today I got my :catdrugs:!!!! I'm not starting until Friday like someone recommended, but I have them! :neckbeard:

This exchanged happened with the pharmacist though

P: So youre taking this for some kind of ADD?
Me: Yeah
P: Have you taken it before?
Me: No
P: Are you going to stop taking it? Like on Holidays?
Me: :confused:
P: Because schools out right now for the holidays..
Me: :confused:
P: Are you using this as a study aid?
Me: What? No I have to take it continually
P: Oh, well then watch out for those cardiovascular side effects.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Yay for :catdrugs:!

I took a holiday off of my drugs for Christmas. I have eaten more in the past four days then I have in the previous two weeks.

It has been glorious.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
I am curious if caffeine affects any of you? I usually go through a monster or 2 a day, and about 2-4 cups of coffee a day. It isn't really for the buzz (because I feel non) I guess I am just a drinkaholic.

Aculard
Oct 15, 2007

by Ozmaugh

2508084 posted:

:aaaaa: I'm (starting, granted) on 10mg a day. Not XR, two 5mg pills. Anyways, today I got my :catdrugs:!!!!

Yeah I'm on the XR and it's pretty terrible stuff. Even the instant release ritalin (which gave me wicked chest pain) worked way better at 5mg-10mg a dose for twice a day. So I would take maybe 15-20mg at most on that. I'd still be taking if not for the side effects.

I like how your pharmacist just assumes you're a drug addict or college student who wants study aids because pffffft Adhd isn't real!

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Aculard posted:

Yeah I'm on the XR and it's pretty terrible stuff. Even the instant release ritalin (which gave me wicked chest pain) worked way better at 5mg-10mg a dose for twice a day. So I would take maybe 15-20mg at most on that. I'd still be taking if not for the side effects.

I'm noticing this, myself. I'm still on 30mg Adderall XR and it just literally doesn't do anything anymore. I get maybe thirty minutes of slight improvement, then return to normal, and spend the rest of the day enjoying a bunch of side effects with no increase in focus. It's driving me completely loving insane because now that I know what it's like to think clearly I can't handle being stuck back in this mental fog :(

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

OK - so now I have a question for the thread.

When is it appropriate to tell your boss about ADHD/CAPD?

Here's my scenario: Despite unemployment being at a record high in the US, I magically land a full time job. A permanent, full time job in my field (Software Testing and Development) with an interesting product (which I can't share - I signed an NDA), a good location, neat people (as far as I can tell), and more money than I have ever made in my entire life. This is also a job where I could see me having an actual future, and I could seriously grow my programming skills here. Consequently, I don't want to gently caress it up.

Because in the past, jobs get hosed up because of my ADHD. This would be the usual chain of events: I get job, I'm happy, and they're happy. I do really well with the n number of responsibilities that they give me. So, they increase those responsibilities. Eventually, at n + 5, it gets to be too much, my self-taught coping skills can no longer keep up, and I mess up my job in some tragic manner. Reprimands come, I get talked to about how disorganized I am (ADHD) and how I don't listen (CAPD), I try to do better, I can't and then I'm asked to resign and/or get fired. So for the past few years, I've done contract and temp work. So if I gently caress up, I know that I'm only in the position for a little while, and then I'm out of there.

One thing in my favor now: Now I have solid diagnoses of both the ADHD and the CAPD, and at least the ADHD is being adequately treated by :catdrugs: . I don't want to risk this job by committing the invariable fuckup, and then when being disciplined I claim ADHD/CAPD issues. However, I also don't want to risk discrimination because of these if I talk to my new lead/HR about them right when I start. At least I don't start until January 5th, so I'm just relaxing until then. But still, this is a concern. :ohdear:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

You should talk to HR as soon as possible to get a paper trail in place, and consult a lawyer to figure out what your legal situation is. Other than that, it kinda depends on your boss and the local corporate culture.

ETA: Also, if they do discriminate against you because of an ADA-covered condition, you will be able to live comfortably off what you can sue them for. Again, talk to a lawyer.

ultrafilter fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 31, 2010

extraneousXTs
May 4, 2004

ultrafilter posted:

You should talk to HR as soon as possible to get a paper trail in place, and consult a lawyer to figure out what your legal situation is. Other than that, it kinda depends on your boss and the local corporate culture.

ETA: Also, if they do discriminate against you because of an ADA-covered condition, you will be able to live comfortably off what you can sue them for. Again, talk to a lawyer.

This, get that papertrail started ASAP x100. Some companies are real shits about ADA paperwork being filed within so many days (or maybe this is just my hellish right-to-work/anti-worker rights state) of being sent to you so make sure that your clinicians have appointments lined up to work on the paperwork for you .

There's no need to tell your direct supervisor the exact nature of your disability beyond "I need to get some ADA paperwork filed with HR" if there is HR/actual infrastructure (directly asking about the nature of the disability hits a minefield of disclosure protections), and if they don't provide you with reasonable accommodations or discriminate against you please spend your settlement funds wisely. :toot:

Some disabled people misunderstand FMLA/ADA protections (see it as a break rules for free card) and how it can be applied to their personal case but it comes down to whatever you work out within the laws' framework (if your employer thinks one day/X hours of excused absence a month for medical appointments is a reasonable thing then so be it, etc.)

Some Google Result posted:

Can an employer make me have a medical exam or ask questions about my disability?

A potential employer may not ask you whether you have a disability, or any questions about the nature or severity of a disability. However, a potential employer may ask questions about the ability to perform specific job functions and may ask an individual with an obvious disability to describe or demonstrate how those functions would be performed.

An employer may not ask a job applicant to take a medical exam before making a job offer. But it’s all right for an employer to condition a job offer on the result of a medical exam if this is required of all entering employees in the same job category.

What is a reasonable accommodation?

A reasonable accommodation is any kind of modification or adjustment to a job or to the work environment that makes it possible for a qualified applicant or employee with a disability to either participate in the job application process or to perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodation also includes adjustments to make sure that individuals with disabilities have the same rights and privileges as individuals without disabilities in the workplace.
Can you give me some examples of reasonable and unreasonable accommodations?

Examples of reasonable accommodations might include making the workplace accessible to and usable by an employee with a disability, restructuring a job, modifying work schedules, providing qualified readers or interpreters, or modifying equipment. Reassigning a current qualified employee, who is unable to do the current job even with an accommodation, to a vacant position, may also be a reasonable accommodation. There is no obligation, though, to find a vacant position for an applicant who is not qualified to perform the job for which s/he is applying.

BobbyDrake
Mar 13, 2005

You know, earlier in the thread, someone asked if anyone else had a high sex drive. I most certainly do. The worst thing is, the same day I actually have sex, a couple hours later, I'm thinking about sex again. It's rather ridiculous.

Also, does anyone else dwell about things that they've done wrong? i don't mean things that you've done, say, today, but things you screwed the pooch on years ago, that frankly, don't even matter anymore? That's part of the reason I can't sleep at night, is that when I go to bed, I spend HOURS thinking about poo poo I screwed up in the past. I mean, poo poo I did when I was 12. I'm 32 years old. I'm really making an effort to move past this problem, but I can't help but obsess about mistakes I've made. Anyone else have that problem?

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

like he's an Italian.

BobbyDrake posted:

Also, does anyone else dwell about things that they've done wrong? i don't mean things that you've done, say, today, but things you screwed the pooch on years ago, that frankly, don't even matter anymore?

I go as far back as 14, but before that I have essentially no memories. Old relationships (i.e. broke up six years ago) still keep me up. I'm over them, but the memories replay constantly. Any bad decision I've ever made swirls my brain until I pass out. Thank god for knockout drugs.

Aculard
Oct 15, 2007

by Ozmaugh

2508084 posted:

I go as far back as 14, but before that I have essentially no memories.

:aaa: I hate that I can't remember the names of the places I've lived or what grades I were in while living in each town. I would love to remember poo poo that wasn't absolutely horrible for a change too.

Angry Diplomat posted:

I'm noticing this, myself. I'm still on 30mg Adderall XR and it just literally doesn't do anything anymore. I get maybe thirty minutes of slight improvement, then return to normal, and spend the rest of the day enjoying a bunch of side effects with no increase in focus. It's driving me completely loving insane because now that I know what it's like to think clearly I can't handle being stuck back in this mental fog :(

Oh god yes this is the worst thing about the XR stuff. For some reason the releasing mechanism just doesn't seem to work well. It sucks not being able to eat, sleep, or focus long enough to do some work (need mo' money for rent dammit) yet be taking 20mg. I've heard somewhere that crushing the little beads inside the capsule might make it instant release but I don't know if I want to get into that sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

2508084 posted:

I go as far back as 14, but before that I have essentially no memories.

Same here. When I try to look back more than a few years, there's simply nothing there. It seems to get really bad somewhere in the mid-teens, and I only have a handful of brief images from any time in my life before puberty. It kind of scares the poo poo out of me, because I got married 3 years ago, and I'm already forgetting details of the wedding, like the minister's face or who the bridesmaids were. I can't even remember my vows :(

Aculard posted:

Oh god yes this is the worst thing about the XR stuff. For some reason the releasing mechanism just doesn't seem to work well. It sucks not being able to eat, sleep, or focus long enough to do some work (need mo' money for rent dammit) yet be taking 20mg. I've heard somewhere that crushing the little beads inside the capsule might make it instant release but I don't know if I want to get into that sort of thing.

I seriously considered taking a double-dose this morning, but I figured that popping 60mg of amphetamines without consulting a doctor was potentially not the best choice.