Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vizrt
Oct 1, 2009

Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people.
How does aiming/auto-aiming work in multiplayer? I've noticed sometimes a weapon will lock onto a player and stay with them as they move, and sometimes it won't. Same Free Roam 'server', same weapon, same aiming setting (Normal).

VVV Not in a posse, so that wouldn't be it.

Vizrt fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jan 1, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Repelex
Jun 25, 2010

ketchum while they're young

Vizrt posted:

How does aiming/auto-aiming work in multiplayer? I've noticed sometimes a weapon will lock onto a player and stay with them as they move, and sometimes it won't. Same Free Roam 'server', same weapon, same aiming setting (Normal).

I believe if they're in your posse, you can't autolock.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Well I finally did it. I finally got 100%. I would have gotten it much sooner if the game hadn't of glitched the gently caress out and wouldn't let me discover new locations, but apparently Rockstar released a fix on the 2nd of December that fixed the problem. So all I had to do was rediscover 4 locations and recapture a bounty as Plata Grande, and it finally unlocked the Bureau Uniform.

downfall
Jun 23, 2005

blackguy32 posted:

Well I finally did it. I finally got 100%. I would have gotten it much sooner if the game hadn't of glitched the gently caress out and wouldn't let me discover new locations, but apparently Rockstar released a fix on the 2nd of December that fixed the problem. So all I had to do was rediscover 4 locations and recapture a bounty as Plata Grande, and it finally unlocked the Bureau Uniform.

Sweet - I'm glad to know that's fixed! I've been waiting for that so I can get 100% on my save. Thanks for the heads up!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

melon cat posted:

Just got Red Dead, question about Online play- how do you restore your health in free roam/gang shootout/co-operative play? Does it just regenerate slowly?

It should just regenerate over time. It's been a while since I played though :shobon:

Sco Dylan
Feb 27, 2003

Help me help you

Vizrt posted:

VVV Not in a posse, so that wouldn't be it.

If you are in or near a Gang Hideout location, you also can't auto-aim other human players.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Cheezymadman posted:

I always pass her up, circle around, and look for guys hiding behind the coach.

Then I rob the bitch for the money she's scammed so far.

You're kinder than I am. The first few times I bought into the sob story. Then I just got sick of her and hogtied her. Then I started dragging her behind my horse until she died, and finally just shot her in the face after I got done destroying her gang with shotgun fire.

Sometimes I just run women like that over with my horse and keep going. The bandana is a beautiful, beautiful thing.

Vizrt
Oct 1, 2009

Sco Dylan posted:

If you are in or near a Gang Hideout location, you also can't auto-aim other human players.

Ah, I guess that would make sense. I'll have to take notice tomorrow what areas I'm in when it is and isn't working.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Some dudes I know invited me for a foursome of Undead Overrun earlier, in Hardcore Mode. Only made it 12 rounds tops. Autoaiming worked, which I thought wasn't supposed to in HC; also learned that there is friendly fire there. Last time I played UR it was in softcore and we made it like 40 rounds.

e: \/\/\/ yeah you are the dude who it was (my GT: AudreyHeartburn)

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jan 2, 2011

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
My gang and I need a 4th for undead tonight around 7 or 8. If youre on Xbox hit me up

gt- pbucch

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Corzaa posted:

Nope. Red Dead Redemption is just glitchy as gently caress.

Yup. Undead Nightmare is really no different too.

And I only died a couple of times during the game but the respawn system is confusing as gently caress. Should I restart at the nearest town or at the last "checkpoint" whenever the gently caress that was. I've actually skipped scripted events I died during choosing one or the other.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

We eat berries and mushrooms you fool! :smith:

Is pestilence supposed to gently caress off as soon as you get to New Austin? He's been replaced with a lovely undead horse that got a bullet pretty quick for not running in a straight line.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Knuc If U Buck posted:

Is pestilence supposed to gently caress off as soon as you get to New Austin? He's been replaced with a lovely undead horse that got a bullet pretty quick for not running in a straight line.

That's weird, did you hitch Pestilence to actually mark him as your horse?

And sadly I ran my War off a cliff and he died. RIP War. Still haven't found Pestilence though.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Yodzilla posted:

That's weird, did you hitch Pestilence to actually mark him as your horse?

And sadly I ran my War off a cliff and he died. RIP War. Still haven't found Pestilence though.

I didn't hitch him, but I noticed he was responding to my whistles so I assumed he was marked. I had been running all over NE with him clearing out towns and finding sasquatchs, but as soon as I cleared Thieves Landing I whistled for him again and an undead horse showed up.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Knuc If U Buck posted:

This happened to me yesterday and I'm hoping that it's not a bug and just because I forgot to hitch him to something, otherwise War probably won't be there when I turn it back on :ohdear:

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Picked this game up with all the expansions the other day. Is there still an online presence? Free roam seems pretty cool. My GT is SoopPock if anyone is up for some leveling up whenever.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

SilkyP posted:

Picked this game up with all the expansions the other day. Is there still an online presence? Free roam seems pretty cool. My GT is SoopPock if anyone is up for some leveling up whenever.

Decent online presence, depends on the server and time of day.

I just got the best achievement. Was dropped into a gang match at the last second, so I got credit for surviving the round.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009
Finally got around to buying Undead Nightmare. Oh, this game, I love it so much. :allears: I think once I'm finished with UN I'm going to play through again with cheats on.

Wasn't there a new cheat patched in that gives you fire bullets or something?

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Bloodcider posted:

Finally got around to buying Undead Nightmare. Oh, this game, I love it so much. :allears: I think once I'm finished with UN I'm going to play through again with cheats on.

Wasn't there a new cheat patched in that gives you fire bullets or something?

Fire bullets already exist. Maybe the cheat gives you unlimited supply...

liquorhead
Jul 11, 2002

Damnit! Just completed about 4 missions in Mexico and it went black and froze on me, losing all progress. I hope it's not gonna happen again in the same spot.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

liquorhead posted:

Damnit! Just completed about 4 missions in Mexico and it went black and froze on me, losing all progress. I hope it's not gonna happen again in the same spot.
Unless you turned off auto-save for some reason, the game saved after you beat whatever mission you beat prior to it freezing. So, unless you did a shitload of stuff between then and when it froze, you're probably gonna be okay.

Edit: I hope you didn't mean it froze right after you beat the mission while it was saving. :ohdear:

Obeast fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jan 4, 2011

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Is there a known problem with trying to play the standalone version of Undead Nightmare online? Whenever I tried to connect last night I'd be able to stay in free roam for about half a minute before throwing some error and loading me into another free roam. I couldn't even look for a game or anything.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Obeast posted:

Unless you turned off auto-save for some reason, the game saved after you beat whatever mission you beat prior to it freezing. So, unless you did a shitload of stuff between then and when it froze, you're probably gonna be okay.

Edit: I hope you didn't mean it froze right after you beat the mission while it was saving. :ohdear:

Auto Save does'nt work if you used cheats also.

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
Man, just got done watching Dutch throw himself off a cliff and started to trot back to the farm to see the wifey and child.

The combination of the ensuing song, setting and situation has to be the single coolest thing EVER.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The game becomes a farming simulator that never ends. Have fun.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Knuc If U Buck posted:

The game becomes a farming simulator that never ends. Have fun.

Really, I beat the game three times and never knew you could farm. How do you do this?

I just remember a bunch of humorous and great plot missions that lead to a fantastic finale.

Farming does sound like a change of pace next playthrough though.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

MrJacobs posted:

Really, I beat the game three times and never knew you could farm. How do you do this?

Really? Really?

Vizrt
Oct 1, 2009

Just finished the game. Enjoyed it for the most part, although the missions in Mexico started to drag. Thinking of picking up the undead expansion. About how long is the single player undead campaign and how does it compare to the base game?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

fennesz posted:

Really? Really?

Wait...I thought you had a ranch with cattle and such. How the hell do you farm? Do you take things to market and let it grow?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Vizrt posted:

Just finished the game. Enjoyed it for the most part, although the missions in Mexico started to drag. Thinking of picking up the undead expansion. About how long is the single player undead campaign and how does it compare to the base game?

Undead Nightmare's definitely worth a buy. its about 8 hours long, probably, and its got some really fun challenges and whatnot. Probably one of the better dlc's out there for any game, and if you enjoyed RDR, you'll enjoy UN. I enjoyed how the zombies rush at you, its a great change of pace from shooting torsos as they pop up from cover.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Vizrt posted:

Just finished the game.
Same here, buddy! I actually enjoyed the game a lot more than I thought I would. What really helped is that they added mission checkpoints and the ability to save nearly anywhere. I have no idea why it took Rockstar so long to add these in a GTA-style game, but I'm glad they finally did and I hope they come back for GTA5 or whatever they're planning on doing next with that series.

I already bought the Undead Nightmare pack (the one that comes with the other DLCs) when it was on sale for the 12 Days of Christmas thing, but I'm not gonna start it right away since I have a few other games to go through first. I may do some multiplayer since my Gold sub expires really soon, so I'll send a friend request to the metatag and see if I can get in a goon gang. :v:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah, does anyone play this anymore? I'm sick of playing with retards who sing in their mics and cough and poo poo.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Knuc If U Buck posted:

Yeah, does anyone play this anymore? I'm sick of playing with retards who sing in their mics and cough and poo poo.

Are you XBox or PS3?

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Wait...I thought you had a ranch with cattle and such. How the hell do you farm? Do you take things to market and let it grow?

Why did the chicken cross the road?

because much like the farming statement, it's a joke

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

HerbertHarvest Moon: West Elizabeth

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I just finished as well and some non-spoilery thoughts:

1. Way too many Mexico missions. Mexico was pretty awful all in all because of all the ravines/cliffs/etc. making it harder to ride through the countryside.

2. Cattle herding is awful and I can't believe there was more than one mission that required it.

3. I hate running over a freakin dog on my horse and having every lawman in the city start firing on me.

4. This game owns.

5. I hate cougars and bears but neither are as bad as most people make them out to be.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Bigass Moth posted:

2. Cattle herding is awful and I can't believe there was more than one mission that required it.
It's lame alone, but the co-op mission with the herding is good times.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

davebo posted:

It's lame alone, but the co-op mission with the herding is good times.
Agreed. In fact, I think some of the most fun I've had playing RDR has been the co-op missions. Rolling in a full stagecoach blasting hordes of crazed miners was awesome. I also really dug the raft mission.

I've been pretty unhappy with Free Roam. Grinding for XPs and constant griefing, feels kinda pointless/not very enjoyable. I've also never posse'd up w/goons, sadly, as the metatags are either full or don't add new members. :smith:

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

betterinsodapop posted:

Agreed. In fact, I think some of the most fun I've had playing RDR has been the co-op missions. Rolling in a full stagecoach blasting hordes of crazed miners was awesome. I also really dug the raft mission.

I've been pretty unhappy with Free Roam. Grinding for XPs and constant griefing, feels kinda pointless/not very enjoyable. I've also never posse'd up w/goons, sadly, as the metatags are either full or don't add new members. :smith:

I play this game all day everyday with good peoples, gt- pbucch

loving agreed on herding man, its the funnest poo poo, advanced co op, expert aim, driving the herd working for best time and not losing cows. Awesome video-gaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

BisonDollah posted:

Are you XBox or PS3?

X Bawks

• Locked thread