Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kill Whitey
Dec 27, 2010

Be provocative, be organized.
I have been playing this a 2nd time on PS3, what a fuckin great game. The first time I played, I tried to be a decent man - this time I've already killed like 300 civilians just for fun.

Anyways, I've been trying to unlock all of the outfits this time, and Horseshoes can go gently caress itself. What a pain in the rear end minigame. It took me several tries just to get a general idea of what I'm supposed to do, and when I finally won a match at MacFarland ranch, it glitched or something and it didn't unlock the clothing part that required it. I didn't want to give up after all that effort, so I went back and tried it again but the dude got like 4 ringers in a row so I quick and blew him away with my sawed off shotty.

So that kinda sucked, but the game still rules. Between the 360 and PS3 version, I've put in about 70 hours, and it's still a lot of fun to play. Best Rockstar game yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

OrangeCrush posted:

I play this game all day everyday with good peoples, gt- pbucch

loving agreed on herding man, its the funnest poo poo, advanced co op, expert aim, driving the herd working for best time and not losing cows. Awesome video-gaming.

I'm still missing some multiplayer achievements, if I possed up with you guys for a day or two could we work on some? Mostly poo poo like co-op missions and stuff. I've already passed into legend once so I've got the chops, just not a lot of time. :clint:

When do you guys usually play?

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
mon-thurs afternoons and nights usually.

liquorhead
Jul 11, 2002

I experienced an awesome glitch last night. I walked into the market in Blackwater and the light was on when I pushed the door, but turned off as soon as I got in. I must have entered during that split second while it was open then closed. When I got in, it was like the building face was just a 2 dimensional facade and there was an alley behind it, but things from the store like the broom and whatnot were just leaning on invisible walls. I went back through the front, then couldn't re-enter.

Also was stuck with half of my body sticking out of a lean to on my horse, like a ghost, while my horse had a helluva time trying to get back out of the narrow space.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Got an update turning my game on just now. Doesn't sound too game-breaking or anything.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

Saint Sputnik posted:

Got an update turning my game on just now. Doesn't sound too game-breaking or anything.
I think it's pretty cool that they're still developing patches and improving the game, even though it seems pretty clear that they're all done creating content.

Also, my gt is my SA username (betterinsodapop) if anybody wants to posse up or do the co-op missions. :clint:

Skunk Ape
Mar 16, 2009

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Does anyone know any details about how the four horses spawning works in Undead Nightmare? The last one I need is Famine and I've been riding back and forth between the Mexico locations listed in guides online for the last couple days with no luck whatsoever. The other two popped up instantly on my first visits. Is there anything I can/need to do to help trigger it?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

GT Kickpuncher 2

I've never played this game online before, but I'd really like to try it out. I don't have any of the add ons yet, but if anybody wants to play any game type in the next few hours send me an invite. I'm in the US Military and stationed in europe and have some interesting stories to pass the time on the lonely trail.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Anyone else feel like ripping some cocksucker's throat out when they do that cheap ground-roll dodge again and again and again to avoid being shot? (then, in my case, come right up and headshot me after only a microsecond to aim) I mean this is a Western game. You stand your ground and walk up to a guy while you shoot, or you duck and cover, but you don't roll in the dirt like a loving chinchilla.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Saint Sputnik posted:

Anyone else feel like ripping some cocksucker's throat out when they do that cheap ground-roll dodge again and again and again to avoid being shot? (then, in my case, come right up and headshot me after only a microsecond to aim) I mean this is a Western game. You stand your ground and walk up to a guy while you shoot, or you duck and cover, but you don't roll in the dirt like a loving chinchilla.

Shoot them with the explosive rifle. That'll cure that.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

The combat in this game could be really cool and cinematic looking if everyone didn't roll and strafe side to side like it's Unreal Tournament. I'd like to see the guns be incredibly inaccurate while moving and get an accuracy boost when taking cover or on a horse.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm not a multi player dude and I run around in circles like an idiot popping people in the skull and can usually take down 3 or 4 dudes before some stain snipes me from a rooftop.

Edit- It looks gay.

Videotendo
Jan 5, 2011

Button Masher
Oh man I loving love this game. 2010 was very lacking in general when it came to single player campaigns and leave it to Rockstar to knock the metaphorical bear carcass out of the park.

Finally beat Undead Nightmare last night. I loved it, and its dark twist on the original game's ending. gently caress if I'm gonna try and get the unicorn though.

I still have barely touched any multiplayer. I need to fix that.

Skunk Ape
Mar 16, 2009

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
The challenges that lead up to finding the Unicorn are the undead hunter ones, right? It kind of becomes ridiculous at the point where it starts asking you to kill multiple bears, cougars, and wolves with only a torch. I pretty much die the second I walk up to one of the drat things without a gun, swinging once or twice before being gutted. Not to mention there's almost always at least one other one nearby. Any good tips for these?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Knuc If U Buck posted:

I'm not a multi player dude and I run around in circles like an idiot popping people in the skull and can usually take down 3 or 4 dudes before some stain snipes me from a rooftop.

Edit- It looks gay.

I've had some awesome kills done on me in MP that I had to respect. One time I ran into a room in some mexican town, realized I was being shot, and it turned out the guy was crouching behind the door. It pissed me off a little but at least he was using the terrain and I wouldn't be surprised to see something like that happen in a big western shootout flick.

On the other hand, there was some asswipe during a couple games last night who would roll or jump around every single time you tried to line up a shot and coupled with his retarded GT, 0oRENEGAD3o0 or something, made me pretty gleeful when I got a streak of headshots on him.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Ghastric posted:

The challenges that lead up to finding the Unicorn are the undead hunter ones, right? It kind of becomes ridiculous at the point where it starts asking you to kill multiple bears, cougars, and wolves with only a torch. I pretty much die the second I walk up to one of the drat things without a gun, swinging once or twice before being gutted. Not to mention there's almost always at least one other one nearby. Any good tips for these?

Be riding Pestilence as you attack them, he's virtually invincible and you won't get knocked down from the Couger/Zombears.

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc
I know there's a thread somewhere for "what to know before playing a game" but I'd rather just ask here. I'm just starting this game, anything special that would help me out or any certain way to play that seems like it's more fun?

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Is this a bug or a feature?
My ps3 had the RLOD, and the last savegame backup was from before getting RDR, so I've had to start again.
Is the equipped weapon supposed to switch to the knife after skinning animals?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Spalec posted:

Be riding Pestilence as you attack them, he's virtually invincible and you won't get knocked down from the Couger/Zombears.

Yeah, it's actually quite easy to do. The 'multiple kills in a row with a sniper rifle' is simple with phosphor bullets and the Rolling Block at Jorge's Gap.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Chalupa Joe posted:

Is the equipped weapon supposed to switch to the knife after skinning animals?

Apparently so. One of the more obnoxious "features."

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Spalec posted:

I've did it with War and even he can take quite a few bear hits.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

I'm noticing a definite changing trend in the hardcore free-roam playerbase. Months ago, if you wanted to more or less avoid most of the annoying players, you could hop onto hardcore and find a generally more calm group. I guess it took a while for the auto-aiming kiddies to migrate, because it seems now it's impossible to go anywhere without just collecting kids who will pursue you for hours across the map, shooting you over and over from several miles away, for no reason. If they can't catch up, they will when you stop to do a hideout. And god forbid you happen across a hideout that one of them is struggling with, and ride in to help out, because they'll shoot you too as soon as they get the chance, then gloat with their squeaky little voices.

My kid isn't going to be allowed on online games until he's hit puberty.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

tophet posted:

I know there's a thread somewhere for "what to know before playing a game" but I'd rather just ask here. I'm just starting this game, anything special that would help me out or any certain way to play that seems like it's more fun?

Expert aim :)

Also, be careful with the dead eye 2 upgrade. I killed my horse by targeting the back of his head inadvertently.

Haul rear end when you have a cougar or bear nearby, and that's pretty much it.

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Expert aim :)

Also, be careful with the dead eye 2 upgrade. I killed my horse by targeting the back of his head inadvertently.

Haul rear end when you have a cougar or bear nearby, and that's pretty much it.

Thanks. What's expert aim? When I was done I was looking through the trophy list and saw that listed but don't know how to enable it or whatever. Also I can't believe I played this all day and have 3% of the trophies, that makes me feel bad at the game.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

tophet posted:

Thanks. What's expert aim? When I was done I was looking through the trophy list and saw that listed but don't know how to enable it or whatever. Also I can't believe I played this all day and have 3% of the trophies, that makes me feel bad at the game.

Go to targeting and change it to expert. It completely turns off the auto aim.

Also I think I am only at like 40% despite having 100 percent completion in the game.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Yeah, it's actually quite easy to do. The 'multiple kills in a row with a sniper rifle' is simple with phosphor bullets and the Rolling Block at Jorge's Gap.

That one's especially easy when you realize you don't need to use the scope, just run at the zombies and press fire, you'll get the little shot of John putting the rifle under their chin and firing and it counts!

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

tophet posted:

Go to the options menu and change your targeting. Expert is complete free-aim, Normal has auto-lock if you hold the trigger all the way, Casual is constant auto-aim.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
I'm working through the challenges in Undead Nightmare (I just got to Mexico) before I finish the story, but I'm a bit stuck with the Four Horsemen challenge.

I managed to find Famine, Plague, and War pretty easily, but I'm having a hell of a time finding Death.

From what I've found online, it should appear in one of the areas where the previous horses were found, but I've wandered around Tall Trees, New Austin and central Mexico for a few hours and Death hasn't shown up.

Is there one area where Death tends to pop up more often, or is it just a case of "wander around 'till he shows up"?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Aiming that tiny reticle with a thumbstick stinks.

omg car crash
Jul 21, 2008

PRIDE after the fall. Champion, 2011. :dealwithit:
Should I be waiting to finish the main game before I play Undead?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

omg car crash posted:

Should I be waiting to finish the main game before I play Undead?

The end of Undead gives away the ending of RDR, and the ending of RDR is something you definitely want to experience unspoiled.

I'd say yes. Feel free to dick around in Undead for a bit if you want, but don't get too into it.

Videotendo
Jan 5, 2011

Button Masher

azflyboy posted:

I'm working through the challenges in Undead Nightmare (I just got to Mexico) before I finish the story, but I'm a bit stuck with the Four Horsemen challenge.

I managed to find Famine, Plague, and War pretty easily, but I'm having a hell of a time finding Death.

From what I've found online, it should appear in one of the areas where the previous horses were found, but I've wandered around Tall Trees, New Austin and central Mexico for a few hours and Death hasn't shown up.

Is there one area where Death tends to pop up more often, or is it just a case of "wander around 'till he shows up"?

Beat the story. Death automatically becomes your steed afterward.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I tried Expert aiming but it was really hard, especially when riding a horse. Maybe my sensitivity was just too low.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

blue squares posted:

I tried Expert aiming but it was really hard, especially when riding a horse. Maybe my sensitivity was just too low.

That's the fun of it. Blowing some assholes head off while (actually aiming and) riding at full gallop is fun.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jan 10, 2011

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

tophet posted:

I played on 360, got 100% completion and have like 25/95 achievements so yeah.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

It'd be nice if expert aim made the bad guys terrible at shooting as well.

Pozzo
Nov 4, 2009

What is like posting in a thread?
A Ballista, that's what!
Man I thought this game was great in single player but boy is multiplayer loving hilarious

Basically I haven't played online multiplayer in years (I'm a stickler for the old guard of the split screen) and I forgot how amazingly brilliant griefing is.

Like some guy adding me to his posse and his friend list and forcing me to traverse half the goddamn map to get to his little shoot out in armadillo saloon where he gets a price on his head as soon as I arrive. Leaving me only one option which is to cackle and shoot him in the head. He wasn't my friend for much longer after that. :saddowns:

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3
I'm at about 80%, and can kind of see the finish line in sight. The only thing that has me worried is the bounty list. I only have 10 of them (half.) I feel like I hosed up somewhat by ignoring the posters throughout most of the game. Hopefully I can still go back and do get them.

I'd been playing this game on an SDTV, and finally upgraded to HD this past weekend. HOLY poo poo, I can actually read the mini map! poo poo's boss. Oh yeah, and the game looks pretty. (Well, except for Marston's face.)

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

betterinsodapop posted:

I'm at about 80%, and can kind of see the finish line in sight. The only thing that has me worried is the bounty list. I only have 10 of them (half.) I feel like I hosed up somewhat by ignoring the posters throughout most of the game. Hopefully I can still go back and do get them.

You can go back and do them :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I just finished the single player game, and I enjoyed it, but what the gently caress was the point of herding all of those cattle and shooting all of those crows if John, who has almost single-handedly killed half of the region, walks out in front of a firing squad? What a strangely done final section to the game. Killing a character for effect can work (Star Trek II) or it can fall flat (Star Trek Nemesis). It seemed like the latter in this game.

• Locked thread