Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skunk Ape
Mar 16, 2009

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Vizrt posted:

So, did anyone legitimately get the 5 undead kills in 8 seconds with a sniper weapon?
I tried multiple times, and kept getting 4. Couldn't seem to get the last one quick enough. Out of frustration I ended up jumping into a pile of zombies and firing like mad. This seemed to do the trick, as it finished that journal entry.

Took a few tries but I got it legitimately by climbing up on a roof and throwing a couple zombie baits into a crowd of them to group them up before sniping. Then my Xbox froze and I lost it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The trick with that is to snipe zombie heads by the entrance of Jorge's Gap and when they come running to eat you, execute them

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Go to Jorge's Gap and stand on the higher ground. Equip phosphorus bullets, and use the sniper rifle and just start shooting. You don't need to kill them instantly: any zombie you catch on fire will eventually die and count. Just go nuts.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Urgh, my game keeps crashing at the same point. I just got the gam recently so its near the start. Two Bonnie missions require me to ride with her to Armadillo, or at least down the hill to Armadillo. Whenever I try and do that bit normally, the game outright freezes (but music keeps running) when I start running down the hill.

I took a wild stab and guessed maybe the map hadn't finished loading, so tried to go there slower. Many coincidence but it feels like it works, because sometimes I get through, only to reach the bottom of the hill and my horse come to a complete sotp and won't move. I can dismount, but then I can't move.

I have been able to get through once, the first time you get to Armadillo. I think it was one of the go slowly attempts. But now I have to head that way for the horse taming mission and I've done the first bit so many times that it gives me a headache, but I keep crashing for the second part of the mission where we have to go down the hill.

What's causing this problem and how do I stop it? I tried deleting and redownloading the game data, and I think it said my game data was corrupt so it reinstalled it, but the problem remains. I need to do this mission to get the lasso so I cn't just ignore it, and I don't want to anyway.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Fat Turkey posted:

Urgh, my game keeps crashing at the same point. I just got the gam recently so its near the start. Two Bonnie missions require me to ride with her to Armadillo, or at least down the hill to Armadillo. Whenever I try and do that bit normally, the game outright freezes (but music keeps running) when I start running down the hill.

I took a wild stab and guessed maybe the map hadn't finished loading, so tried to go there slower. Many coincidence but it feels like it works, because sometimes I get through, only to reach the bottom of the hill and my horse come to a complete sotp and won't move. I can dismount, but then I can't move.

I have been able to get through once, the first time you get to Armadillo. I think it was one of the go slowly attempts. But now I have to head that way for the horse taming mission and I've done the first bit so many times that it gives me a headache, but I keep crashing for the second part of the mission where we have to go down the hill.

What's causing this problem and how do I stop it? I tried deleting and redownloading the game data, and I think it said my game data was corrupt so it reinstalled it, but the problem remains. I need to do this mission to get the lasso so I cn't just ignore it, and I don't want to anyway.

Are you on a 360? Mine was doing the exact same thing, along with a few other bugs in the game, and it red ringed a day later.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
This is on a less-than-month-old PS3. I have no idea whether it's the game or the machine, as the only other game I have is FIFA 10 which runs without a problem. I don't think its the disc as it looks absolutely fine, but I guess I could borrow a friend's copy. You think it is system related though?

Edit: Tried a ouple more times. Going slower doesn't stop it. More importantly, it always happens at the exact same point. I'm not suffering from random crashes, there is an exact point in two seperate missions passing the same point that causes the whole system to freeze. No idea what to do. I guess I can ignore the mission, but then I'll never get a lasso.

Fat Turkey fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jan 18, 2011

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Since I started the Blackwater and beyond missions, I haven't been getting a single pre or post mission cutscene. It was really funny to suddenly be riding with a big group of government people up a mountain, getting into a firefight then being told "Go to this ranch" and when I get there, suddenly have the screen flash like a mission's about to start then just have John standing there in new clothes on a farm.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Vizrt posted:

So, did anyone legitimately get the 5 undead kills in 8 seconds with a sniper weapon?
I tried multiple times, and kept getting 4. Couldn't seem to get the last one quick enough. Out of frustration I ended up jumping into a pile of zombies and firing like mad. This seemed to do the trick, as it finished that journal entry.

Jorge's Gap. Just start shooting at head level until you're out of ammo. I wish I had thought of the executions, but I did do it legit this way.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

I really wish there was a free roam zombie mode in multiplayer :(

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

TescoBag posted:

I really wish there was a free roam zombie mode in multiplayer :(
Seriously, I kind of assumed there would be. I'm not saying that UN isn't awesome (it clearly IS,) but I had all of these great visions of zombie hunting with a posse.

I'm coming up on 100%, which means no more Red Dead Redemption. :smith:
But, it does mean that I will begin the Undead Nightmare "campaign." :)

Also, I was expecting the Legend of the West outfit to be badass. Totally underwhelmed. Am I missing something?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

betterinsodapop posted:

Also, I was expecting the Legend of the West outfit to be badass. Totally underwhelmed. Am I missing something?

Yeah, I was really really disappointed in it.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Fat Turkey posted:

This is on a less-than-month-old PS3. I have no idea whether it's the game or the machine, as the only other game I have is FIFA 10 which runs without a problem. I don't think its the disc as it looks absolutely fine, but I guess I could borrow a friend's copy. You think it is system related though?

Edit: Tried a ouple more times. Going slower doesn't stop it. More importantly, it always happens at the exact same point. I'm not suffering from random crashes, there is an exact point in two seperate missions passing the same point that causes the whole system to freeze. No idea what to do. I guess I can ignore the mission, but then I'll never get a lasso.

Im pretty sure you have to do all Bonnie's missions to progress in the game. Have you tried deleting the game data from the PS3? Maybe something got corrupted while installing.

Underflow
Apr 4, 2008

EGOMET MIHI IGNOSCO

Whalley posted:

Since I started the Blackwater and beyond missions, I haven't been getting a single pre or post mission cutscene. It was really funny to suddenly be riding with a big group of government people up a mountain, getting into a firefight then being told "Go to this ranch" and when I get there, suddenly have the screen flash like a mission's about to start then just have John standing there in new clothes on a farm.

Are you wearing the Expert Hunter outfit? It can cause cutscenes to be dropped.

Dr Geek
Jan 28, 2007

Vizrt posted:

I got it by going to El Presidio, a whole bunch of zombies spawn there and they don't notice you if you're far enough away.

Vizrt
Oct 1, 2009

Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people.
I just got the Chupacabra and Unicorn in a span of about five minutes. It took me almost ten times as long trying to find two cougars to kill with the torch. I guess what I'm trying to say is, gently caress cougars.

Edit: Haha, holy poo poo. The time spent was worth it. Just had the flying unicorn glitch happen to me when I decided to put the blunderbuss to the poor thing's muzzle. It then proceeded to fly back at me and kill me. Hah.

Think I'm done with the undead campaign. At 86% now and I can't be arsed to do the missions to save people. Think I'll go back and finish off the extras in the main campaign though.

Vizrt fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jan 19, 2011

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Holy god. This scene right here (sidequest spoilers I guess) had me and my roomate in tears from laughter. I know Im late on this but Undead Nightmare is fantastic.

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl

Great Beer posted:

Holy god. This scene right here (sidequest spoilers I guess) had me and my roomate in tears from laughter. I know Im late on this but Undead Nightmare is fantastic.

YOU EAT BABIES!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

betterinsodapop posted:

The REAL Legend of the West outfit is the poncho you get from Mexico that makes you look like Eastwood in Fistful of Dollars.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
outfit sperg inc

Basically I would've been completely content with the collared shirt and tie / vest / neat trousers outfit that was prolific in concept art. Hell, Marston's wearing it on the game cover. I understand why it wasn't in the game (too plain, doesn't stand out against the other characters) and why Marston's standard outfit is as it is (ratty, shows conflict between law and outlaw, the west and civilization, gives you something to progress from) but drat.

That's one thing I liked about GTA IV. It's pretty easy to make Niko look decent early on, and it only gets better from there. Outside of the Deadly Assassin outfit (which is largely reuse/recoloring of existing assets) it's a long time before Marston can stop looking like a sweat-stained hooligan (which he largely is, I'm just saying I'd like the option). And even then, the Legend of the West outfit doesn't stand up to the concept art very well.

It's why I like postgame. The US Marshals outfit is natty as gently caress.

*edit - vvvv - forgot about the Gentleman's suit. It's alright but didn't do it for me. Like I said, outfit spergin

isk fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Jan 19, 2011

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

isk posted:

outfit sperg inc

Basically I would've been completely content with the collared shirt and tie / vest / neat trousers outfit that was prolific in concept art. Hell, Marston's wearing it on the game cover. I understand why it wasn't in the game (too plain, doesn't stand out against the other characters) and why Marston's standard outfit is as it is (ratty, shows conflict between law and outlaw, the west and civilization, gives you something to progress from) but drat.

That's one thing I liked about GTA IV. It's pretty easy to make Niko look decent early on, and it only gets better from there. Outside of the Deadly Assassin outfit (which is largely reuse/recoloring of existing assets) it's a long time before Marston can stop looking like a sweat-stained hooligan (which he largely is, I'm just saying I'd like the option). And even then, the Legend of the West outfit doesn't stand up to the concept art very well.

Um...Did you ever link your account to the Rock Star Social Club? Because you get a version of the outfit from the cover (he has a jacket on and his hair is neater) right at the beginning of the game as soon as you link your poo poo up.

http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Gentleman%27s_Attire

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

TheJoker138 posted:

The REAL Legend of the West outfit is the poncho you get from Mexico that makes you look like Eastwood in Fistful of Dollars.

I looks nothing like that poncho.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Knuc If U Buck posted:

I looks nothing like that poncho.

You know what I meant. It's the closest to that look in the game.

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl

gently caress your poo poo, this is the real Legend of the West.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Marston looks so goofy in his poncho, you almost feel embarrassed for him when you start a cutscene in Mexico while wearing it. Eastwood looks cool though.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

Do you guys actually change outfits often? I pretty much only change when I know I'm going to be crossing the border. I like to have the poncho or the goofy bandito outfit on if I'm going to be in Mexico for a bit. Stateside, I tend to go with the duster or elegant suit. I don't know, no real reason other than immersion/role play.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Nah, I tend to do the same. I'd just like some of the later ones to be available earlier (through New Game+, difficult challenges, lots of money, etc.)

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Cheezymadman posted:

gently caress your poo poo, this is the real Legend of the West.

You're no daisy. You're no daisy at all.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

Peas and Rice posted:

You're no daisy. You're no daisy at all.

THAT would've been a great gambler outfit. "I said poker's an honest trade. Only a sucker bucks the tiger, the odds are all on the house!"

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!

Great Beer posted:

Im pretty sure you have to do all Bonnie's missions to progress in the game. Have you tried deleting the game data from the PS3? Maybe something got corrupted while installing.

Tried that twice, didn't work. Good idea though.

In the end I have been able to get around it, so I thought I'd share how in case anyone else gets it. I could avoid the outright crashing by positioning the camera to stare at the mountain as I rode down the slope, instead of over the fields of Armadillo. Might be coincidence, but it seemed to work if it didn't have to display lots of land. I wasn't out of the woods yet. Sometimes, I would reach the bottom of the hill, only for the horse to freeze and jump in a direction (upwards, clipping into the mountain etc) until it too froze and the game was bugged out, although the PS3 hadn't crashed. Half the time it did that, half the time it worked.

From now on I alwasy stagecoach between Armadillo and McF's Ranch, and pray another mission requiring the travel doesn't come up.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

betterinsodapop posted:

Do you guys actually change outfits often? I pretty much only change when I know I'm going to be crossing the border. I like to have the poncho or the goofy bandito outfit on if I'm going to be in Mexico for a bit. Stateside, I tend to go with the duster or elegant suit. I don't know, no real reason other than immersion/role play.

I like the Bollard Gang outfit just because of the chaps, makes John look a little more cowboyish.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Are wallhacks or something possible in MP? Because jeez some of these fuckers. I'd like to understand to what extent they're cheating and to what extent they're just insanely better than me.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

isk posted:

outfit sperg inc

*edit - vvvv - forgot about the Gentleman's suit. It's alright but didn't do it for me. Like I said, outfit spergin

You get it at the end of the Undead Nightmare campaign, but I wish it was available in the regular campaign as well.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Saint Sputnik posted:

Are wallhacks or something possible in MP? Because jeez some of these fuckers. I'd like to understand to what extent they're cheating and to what extent they're just insanely better than me.

assuming youre playing hardcore, just make sure you not running or taking unnecessary shots to give yourself away. I have hit some shots in gaps when I see a guy moving behind poo poo that are pretty ridiculous. Im sure it looked like I was hacking haha

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
About how long is Undead Nightmare?

And if I have no interest whatsoever in multiplayer or cooperative play, should I just grab the $10 Undead Nightmare download only, or are the other parts of the overall Undead Nightmare disc pack worth the $25? Honestly, the only two I care about are UN, and MAYBE Outlaws to the End if I can convince a buddy to grab the game, but I figure I can just throw $10 at that problem later if it comes up.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Jan 20, 2011

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Rookersh posted:

About how long is Undead Nightmare?

And if I have no interest whatsoever in multiplayer or cooperative play, should I just grab the $10 Undead Nightmare download only, or are the other parts of the overall Undead Nightmare disc pack worth the $25? Honestly, the only two I care about are UN, and MAYBE Outlaws to the End if I can convince a buddy to grab the game, but I figure I can just throw $10 at that problem later if it comes up.

If you have no interest in multiplayer whatsoever, then you should just grab Undead Nightmare, since every other DLC is exclusively multiplayer content. As for length, I'd say around 3 hours at a total guess, not counting all the time you spend looking for sidequests and unlocking stuff.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

Crappy Jack posted:

If you have no interest in multiplayer whatsoever, then you should just grab Undead Nightmare, since every other DLC is exclusively multiplayer content. As for length, I'd say around 3 hours at a total guess, not counting all the time you spend looking for sidequests and unlocking stuff.

Does Undead Nightmare add tomahawks or is that just uhh... Liars and Cheats addition?

Cause chopping up zombies with tomahawks loving owns.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Capn Beeb posted:

Does Undead Nightmare add tomahawks or is that just uhh... Liars and Cheats addition?

Cause chopping up zombies with tomahawks loving owns.

That's one of the other packs, yeah. Same with the explosive rifle. But then, you have a gun in UN that lets you explode zombies with their own body parts, so...

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Alright this is ludicrous. Where's the loving chupacabra? I've looked basically all over Mexico and can't get the thing to spawn. I've got the hunting challenge active, I've found all four horses of the apocalypse, and I swear the only random even the game spawns is Two Guys With Guns Fighting Zombies Behind Boxes, or Guy With Gatling Gun Killing Zombies.

Looking for this thing is actually sapping the fun and joy out of my favorite game of the last few years. :(

Vizrt
Oct 1, 2009

Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people.

quote:

The Chupacabra can be found in the fields North West of Torquemada. When zoomed out on the game map, the area will have a picture of three horses.
The creature can also be found South East of Perdido
South of Casa Madrugada, or North of Chuparosa near the river.

From here. That's the info I used to find it when I was on the hunting mission to kill one. My plan was to ride between S Casa Madrugada and NW Torquemada until I found one, but after a minute or two S of Casa Madrugada it showed up. Hope this helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

downfall
Jun 23, 2005

Saint Sputnik posted:

I'm on Xbox, so I'm not sure about PS3. There are quite a few people who are just really good - probably a few hundred, but most everyone that fits in that group are pretty much evenly matched. That said, there's a whole lot of bullshit that goes on. There's a ton of lag related issues - if you play enough Gang matches, you'll eventually shoot some guy in the head who will die about 5-10 seconds later - long enough for him to kill you before he dies. I also had a guy the other day who was literally hanging on the outside of the wall in Chuparosa, and he killed me five times in a row while he was just hanging there, no matter where I spawned into the game. You're not even able to fire bullets while you're hanging on the wall, so yeah, some kind of bullshit going on there too.

Dead eye in multiplayer will gently caress things up sometimes. I wish it wasn't in the game myself, but it is, and it's one of those things that everyone uses - so if you don't, you'll get your poo poo wrecked. I know I have killed people by using dead eye on their feet/legs while they were crouched down behind a railing or something. I've done some really bullshit stuff with dead eye too - killed a guy with a single headshot from the Volcanic Pistol from 80 yards away.

Also, if you're in cover behind a box or something like that, your head will often be sticking out from behind cover enough to get shot. A lot of the time, it's better to just stand or crouch behind something than to actually take cover.

As far as hacks and actual mods - I don't know anything about them, and I can't find any solid info on Google or anything. I've played against people that I assume would have to be using something (like that wall hanging guy). There are guys who abuse weird glitches in the game itself - like being able to roll multiple times in a row (there's usually a delay), or roll one way and then immediately back the other. These are the guys who are mostly at the top of the leaderboards.

Are you playing on normal or hardcore? Casual is just stupid - that poo poo will lock onto people through walls and everything else. I play normal on gang matches, because that's where the majority of the players are - I also don't like the dead eye system in hardcore.

downfall fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jan 20, 2011

• Locked thread