Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

Alan is a real nice guy. :)

You liar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

HulkaMatt posted:

Alan is a real nice guy. :)
I would suggest that you and Alan were the same person if I didn't literally sit in front of you at an ROH show.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I've got a copy of Taijiri's SMASH 10 waiting for me to watch. The Swedish wrestler thing was just too offbeat to pass up.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

coconono posted:

I've got a copy of Taijiri's SMASH 10 waiting for me to watch. The Swedish wrestler thing was just too offbeat to pass up.

Finnish. :colbert: I know this because I literally only found out they even have wrestling in my country when I heard about that event.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Finnish Wrestlers better use the Leningrad Cowboys for theme music.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MassRayPer posted:

The Finnish Wrestlers better use the Leningrad Cowboys for theme music.

Did they ever do anything that wasn't a cover?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tonfa posted:

Finnish. :colbert: I know this because I literally only found out they even have wrestling in my country when I heard about that event.

so far, Björn Sem can go back to whatever fjord he was loving goats in. Also Takao Omori is a clumsy oaf.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fucken_Gieux posted:

Did they ever do anything that wasn't a cover?

They have some original songs, but their famous concerts with the Red Army Orchestra were all covers or Russian/Finnish folk songs. Which I guess would also be a cover.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Any British people here with a love of puro would do well to remember that tickets for the UK tour of NOAH go on sale tomorrow.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2011/01/28/puroresu-pulse-issue-188-chris-hero-interview-part-1/
Chris Hero! Part 1!

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
In Excuse me sir, but there appears to be some booking on my NOAH show news, during a recent tag match KENTA hit his own partner with a chair and joined DISOBEY, aka the heel group. Rudo KENTA has the potential to be amazing.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Illinois Smith posted:

In Excuse me sir, but there appears to be some booking on my NOAH show news, during a recent tag match KENTA hit his own partner with a chair and joined DISOBEY, aka the heel group. Rudo KENTA has the potential to be amazing.

gently caress yeah! So glad it happened before the UK Tour. I get to see heel-KENTA! Also, Chris Hero has just been confirmed for the UK NOAH tour as well (they're announcing one every week) so Claudio's probably going as well. If you're in the UK and love wrestling, you have no excuse not to go.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

gently caress yeah! So glad it happened before the UK Tour. I get to see heel-KENTA! Also, Chris Hero has just been confirmed for the UK NOAH tour as well (they're announcing one every week) so Claudio's probably going as well. If you're in the UK and love wrestling, you have no excuse not to go.

Bugger they could have came a bit further north. Any idea who is going to be there?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
So far they have KENTA, Nakajima, Marvin & Hero.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Illinois Smith posted:

So far they have KENTA, Nakajima, Marvin & Hero.

And since Hero is announced, Claudio is pretty much a lock to be there as well. I'd also be very shocked if Morishima wasn't there. They're announcing the roster one week at a time.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

quote:

From WO: MVP's debut with New Japan Pro Wrestling on 2/20 in Sendai was actually covered today on the TMZ.com web site. The reason was they had to work through a lot of red tape because of MVP's conviction for kidnapping and armed robbery and difficulty getting him a Visa to work in Japan. TMZ said he's agreed to wrestle there for one year.

Very curious to see how he does. Good for him for checking a life long goal off the list too.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Thats p. ballin

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I'm really happy for MVP.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
DDT sure plans ahead:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJBZAfrC_-8

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Oh DDT.

By the way, SMASH in general and the triple tails team (Kana and the Shirai sisters)in particular seems like it's great. Ditch, any chance you could do a quick review you can give for Tajiri's promotion?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I haven't watched any of them and I *especially* don't watch current joshi. Nothing about Smash seems appealing to me.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SMASH is a really low budget Japanese indie romp that almost borders into art territory. Taijiri basically gets an idea, books it and doesn't care if it draws.

Watch it if you like:
-Taijiri
-random international stars
-Joshi

Its kinda lucha kinda euro in the matchwork style. You don't really see a lot of strong style stuff. So if you're expecting two bulls to go out there and chop each other down, you will be very disappointed.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

coconono posted:

Taijiri basically gets an idea, books it and doesn't care if it draws.
It's more that he's using his connections to differentiate SMASH from the 15 other Tokyo-based indy groups that run the same small venues.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Press Conference for the IWGP tag title match in a couple weeks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDizIWws3IA

Backstory: Bernard & Anderson are the champs. They're pissed because their opponents were voted best team of the year by Tokyo Sports despite not being together long or accomplishing anything.

I know it's 20 minutes but if you skip Nakanishi and the translations it's a breeze and really fun.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Ditch posted:

Press Conference for the IWGP tag title match in a couple weeks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDizIWws3IA

Backstory: Bernard & Anderson are the champs. They're pissed because their opponents were voted best team of the year by Tokyo Sports despite not being together long or accomplishing anything.

I know it's 20 minutes but if you skip Nakanishi and the translations it's a breeze and really fun.

Karl Anderson's promo is awesome. It's formula 101 but he honestly seems pissed.

And Strong Man's arms are frightening.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
:siren: My websites might go down or something :siren:

I'm open to new webhost suggestions.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Chris Hero part 2:
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2011/02/10/puroresu-pulse-issue-189-chris-hero-interview-part-2/

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

quote:

-More on the blog: It helps him get feedback from Japanese fans. He was surprised by different people who read it, from Takayama to random girls who said hello to him on a train.

This made me picture Takayama as a Japanese schoolgirl. :(

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Good interview with Hero. :) Like that you got his thoughts on a big portion of the roster.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
lmao I can't believe he gave Misawa a Hero shirt

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

HulkaMatt posted:

Good interview with Hero. :) Like that you got his thoughts on a big portion of the roster.
I'm sitting there with a list going through person by person and feeling out how long I'm going to have. So, like, Rikio and Ogawa were not going to be asked about if I sensed he wanted to wrap it up. But he was game and I went through everyone!

Captain Charisma posted:

lmao I can't believe he gave Misawa a Hero shirt
Yeah he quickly realized his mistake but it was too late.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

coconono posted:

Taijiri basically gets an idea, books it and doesn't care if it draws.

SMASH is making money from what I can tell. They're small shows, but they sell out and the tickets are abnormally expensive. I mean, obviously, it's probably a Yakuza front, but let's not split hairs.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Theshby posted:

SMASH is making money from what I can tell. They're small shows, but they sell out and the tickets are abnormally expensive. I mean, obviously, it's probably a Yakuza front, but let's not split hairs.
Well you can say "probably a yakuza front" about a lot of things, that doesn't mean they sell out.

El Duke Silver
Aug 15, 2008

rarely goes out and should never be approached

Ditch posted:

I'm not totally sure what your requirements would be, but there's a few good options for Goon-Run hosting in SA-Mart. I use Lithium hosting (DarkLotus) and they've consistently had great reviews from people in the thread, as well as great prices and awesome customer service. You can usually reach someone by IM or PM DarkLotus any time of day, it seems like.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Add in my belated praise for the Hero interview.

Also, watching that DDT clip I just realized I hadn't seen anything from Sapp in eons. Man has shrunk.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Happy V-Day! Enjoy some freshly harvested, refined goodness:

http://theditch.us/puroset9.rar

El Duke posted:

I'm not totally sure what your requirements would be, but there's a few good options for Goon-Run hosting in SA-Mart. I use Lithium hosting (DarkLotus) and they've consistently had great reviews from people in the thread, as well as great prices and awesome customer service. You can usually reach someone by IM or PM DarkLotus any time of day, it seems like.
I've gotten most of my hosts over the years from SA-Mart and there's one in the running.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Ditch posted:

Update: I'm definitely going to change hosts in the next week or so.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
NOSAWA, the omnipresent mediocrity, managed to do four crimes within the span of a minute.

He was drunk, and wanted a taxi ride to his hotel. Taxi driver didn't know how to get there (this is common for some reason) so NOSAWA argues with him, gets out, opens the driver's door, pulls the driver out, and starts driving for a little ways until the cops pull him over. So:

-Assault
-Drunk driving
-Stealing a taxi
-And he didn't have his driver's license

Now, let's see if he goes to jail before Jeff Hardy!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Apparently he only drove 50 meters. Yikes though. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ditch posted:

NOSAWA, the omnipresent mediocrity, managed to do four crimes within the span of a minute.

He was drunk, and wanted a taxi ride to his hotel. Taxi driver didn't know how to get there (this is common for some reason) so NOSAWA argues with him, gets out, opens the driver's door, pulls the driver out, and starts driving for a little ways until the cops pull him over. So:

-Assault
-Drunk driving
-Stealing a taxi
-And he didn't have his driver's license

Now, let's see if he goes to jail before Jeff Hardy!

Where the gently caress was Punk?