Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Buttered
Apr 27, 2008

...check it and see!

Z3n posted:

Bonus: The banana seat is generally very comfortable for 2 up riding. They're good bikes, you really can't go wrong with them. And bonus turbo potential. :v:

Yeah, that clip from the video thread is loving bananas. It'll be a long time before I want a bike with that much power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Porkchop Express posted:

There is another bike that has come up, after work I will be going to test ride an 07' Suzuki DRZ 400-SM. It has 10,000 miles I think, it is in super clean condition, and it is going for $4,000 out the door. (Used bike from a dealer) I think this is a much better bike to start on than a KLR650, because I have sat on one of those and it was just way to tall for me, I would try to put my feet on the ground, and I would have to stand on the tip of my toes to be able to touch the ground.

I'd want it for about 3500$ OTD. If you could get it for that, the DRZ would be a great bike, but it's gonna suck 2 up and on freeways. If you have access to a local go-kart track it might be worthwhile, or if there's some tight roads around you, but Florida seems like a place for power cruisers, not supermotos.

Vork!Vork!Vork!
Apr 2, 2008

vork!vork!vork!vork!vork!vork!

Porkchop Express posted:

There is another bike that has come up, after work I will be going to test ride an 07' Suzuki DRZ 400-SM. It has 10,000 miles I think, it is in super clean condition, and it is going for $4,000 out the door. (Used bike from a dealer) I think this is a much better bike to start on than a KLR650, because I have sat on one of those and it was just way to tall for me, I would try to put my feet on the ground, and I would have to stand on the tip of my toes to be able to touch the ground.
The DRZ that I sat on felt to me like it had a higher seat height than my KLR 650

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Did you sit on the S model or the SM model? The wheels are a lot shorter on the SM model.

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Ten million years of absolute power. That's what it takes to be really corrupt.

Z3n posted:

I'd want it for about 3500$ OTD. If you could get it for that, the DRZ would be a great bike, but it's gonna suck 2 up and on freeways. If you have access to a local go-kart track it might be worthwhile, or if there's some tight roads around you, but Florida seems like a place for power cruisers, not supermotos.

They are firm on the $4,000, I tried to talk them down but its as low as they will go on it. I really don't plan on taking it on the Freeway much, but as long as it can do the speed limit then I am cool. I also live in California not Florida, so my roommate is already talking about riding the bikes up to the mountains and screwing around up there.

Z3n posted:

Did you sit on the S model or the SM model? The wheels are a lot shorter on the SM model.

SM model.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Porkchop Express posted:

They are firm on the $4,000, I tried to talk them down but its as low as they will go on it. I really don't plan on taking it on the Freeway much, but as long as it can do the speed limit then I am cool. I also live in California not Florida, so my roommate is already talking about riding the bikes up to the mountains and screwing around up there.

SM model.

My mistake, I got the posts of you and Hot Buttered confused.

The SM would be a great bike then. It'll do about 90 at the top end but it'll be screaming at that point. I found 65-70 pretty comfortable on the stock gearing.

Where are you located in CA?

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Z3n posted:

My mistake, I got the posts of you and Hot Buttered confused.

The SM would be a great bike then. It'll do about 90 at the top end but it'll be screaming at that point. I found 65-70 pretty comfortable on the stock gearing.

Where are you located in CA?

Yeah no problem, I figured you were thinking of the other guy. And 65-70 is perfectly fine, because I am not exactly super adventurous, doing the speed limit is what I do best. (Perhaps a little over sometimes, but not much.) And I live in the Central Valley.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Porkchop Express posted:

Yeah no problem, I figured you were thinking of the other guy. And 65-70 is perfectly fine, because I am not exactly super adventurous, doing the speed limit is what I do best. (Perhaps a little over sometimes, but not much.) And I live in the Central Valley.

Ah, I'm out at Santa Barbara, send me a message if you're ever in the area.

And yeah, it'll handle 65-70 just fine. It'll also be fantastic up any mountain road, or urban area, or remotely tight anything. It'll also make a great first bike (With the exception of being tall), you can crash the hell out of it and it won't take much if any damage.

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Z3n posted:

It'll also make a great first bike (With the exception of being tall), you can crash the hell out of it and it won't take much if any damage.

That is mainly what my concern is, I really want something that is well suited for a beginner. I am very confident in my ability and I do not expect to drop it, but if it should happen, then I would like something that can take a licking and keep on ticking. I didn't want to pay that much for a bike and I really don't want any type of loan, but everything cheaper is not that great, and I can pay it off pretty quickly, so I might as well get something good to start out on, instead of settling for something else just because its cheap.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I'd try and avoid a loan if at all possible...what's your budget? DRZs are available for around 3k now, so you should be able to find one for relatively cheap. What's your local craigslist?

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Z3n posted:

I'd try and avoid a loan if at all possible...what's your budget? DRZs are available for around 3k now, so you should be able to find one for relatively cheap. What's your local craigslist?

I have been monitoring CL for like 6 months and nothing has come up until today actually, and it was $4,100 dollars. I have seen a few KLR's come up but they are all around $4,500 or there about. A loan isn't my first choice but it is a pretty small amount, I can pay half of it right now, and then the other $2,000 I can pay off pretty quickly.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Porkchop Express posted:

I have been monitoring CL for like 6 months and nothing has come up until today actually, and it was $4,100 dollars. I have seen a few KLR's come up but they are all around $4,500 or there about. A loan isn't my first choice but it is a pretty small amount, I can pay half of it right now, and then the other $2,000 I can pay off pretty quickly.

It might be worthwhile to check other CLs around you and potentially drive a bit to pick up the bike. 4k for an 07 with 10k miles (if it's stock) isn't really a good deal, and in today's market you should be getting good deals. If you've only got 2k in hand right now though, yeah, getting a loan and paying back half isn't the end of the world, if you're sure this is the bike you want. I'd push the dealership hard though, they probably got that bike on trade in for 1500-2000$.

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

I am definitely gonna talk numbers before I even start the financing process. I know they will say the KBB value is $4,000 for retail, which is true I looked it up, and the trade in value is $2,740 if its in excellent condition, which based on the pre-tax and license, nets them 860 dollars. If I can get them down to $3,800 I will be happy, but I don't think they are gonna budge. Like you said though, paying off $2,000 isn't exactly the end of the world.

This is the worst part about buying any type of vehicle, be it car or motorcycle or whatever. I absolutely loathe haggling, and I hate playing hardball, because I am a pretty easy going dude, and its hard for me to get aggressive about things.

I wish my Grandpa was still around because he was a haggling motherfucker. I remember the last time he bought a car he brought them down a considerable amount on the price, got like a free case of oil, and a few other extra stuff included for free with the car. Of course this was in the late 80's so its not quite the same anymore, but I remember even as a kid thinking "Wow my Grandpa really knows whats up!" :unsmith:

Ghost Cactus
Dec 25, 2006
I've been riding my little Ninja 250 since October, and now I'm in the market for some sort of 600. The ninjette is a trooper, but it's also kinda broken (everywhere but the engine), and I would like to go to a few trackdays once the weather turns up.

I've been looking at Craigslist around my area (El Paso) and nothing too promising has turned up. The other day I was putting around on Ft. Bliss and found two 600s for sale. (I haven't checked in a few days due to lots of ice and a flooded house, so this might be a moot point.)

The first is this bike: http://elpaso.en.craigslist.org/mcy/2194672457.html

It's a 2007 CBR600RR with 33,000 miles and one owner. And some aftermarket bits. They're asking $4,500 OBO.

The second is a 2006 ZZR600 with 800 miles, and they're asking $4,800. I'm a little confused and worried about how a 2006 only has 800 miles on it.

I guess I'm looking for 600 recommendations in general. I ride about 70 miles round trip to work (when it's above freezing), I'd like to go on longer group rides, and I'd like to go to a few trackdays. I dunno if I'm looking for a magical bike that doesn't exist.

Ghost Cactus fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Feb 4, 2011

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Don't buy the ZZR600. They eat legs.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I'd second not buying the ZZR600, because you're paying a premium for a 01 ZX6R with budget suspension.

http://elpaso.en.craigslist.org/mcy/2190597065.html

I'd probably lowball the hell out of that guy. 3k cash, and you've got one of the best street 600s made.

You also need to go sit on a bunch of them and figure out which one is comfortable for you...that's gonna be the biggest determining factor if you're going to be riding it around town. The bikes themselves are all pretty equal, although I'd avoid the 06+ R6 as they have really, really top end biased powerbands.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
Say that I found an sv650 with sub-4k miles that has been raced. I know I have nothing to worry about engine-wise, but would anyone here expect a lower price because of that fact?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

AncientTV posted:

Say that I found an sv650 with sub-4k miles that has been raced. I know I have nothing to worry about engine-wise, but would anyone here expect a lower price because of that fact?

Absolutely. If it's been raced for 4k miles it's going to have seen quite a bit of regular abuse, and any bike that's been raced is going to see a lower price as a result of that (if they're honest about it).

The exception is bikes purpose built for racing. A proper Gen 1 racebike with all the toys will still pull in around 3.5-5k, despite being old and a SV.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice

Z3n posted:

Absolutely. If it's been raced for 4k miles it's going to have seen quite a bit of regular abuse, and any bike that's been raced is going to see a lower price as a result of that (if they're honest about it).

The exception is bikes purpose built for racing. A proper Gen 1 racebike with all the toys will still pull in around 3.5-5k, despite being old and a SV.

Ah, I should have clarified, it has been raced; all the miles aren't on the track. It's back to being a street bike as of last year (so he says).

http://daytona.craigslist.org/mcy/2197370034.html

edit: And then there's this. He's a "Harley guy and doesn't know much about sportbike prices," his words, so I've been trying to talk him down, but he's not having any of it.

http://daytona.craigslist.org/mcy/2197241040.html

GSXR front end, some silly acerbis headlight, unknown mileage, and a scorpion slipon. Hardly worth $2800.

AncientTV fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 4, 2011

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

That first one is a pretty decent deal. I'd probably offer 2100$ or something.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Hot Buttered posted:

ST Bikes

I've ridden a ZRX and I wasn't very impressed with the handling, but I hadn't ridden a bike with that riding position/geometry for a while. My friend that owned it has owned lots of sportbikes and said he got used to it. I thought it was pretty balls fast as well. I really liked the motor, I seem to recall it being very smooth.

A superhawk is a good choice and the range is really 120 miles or so before you really need to find a gas station. My friend's superhawk has a full exhaust and jet kit and he can still go 120 miles without being in too much trouble. I will say that stock it's not a very comfortable bike, it's pretty close to a full sportbike riding position. My Aprilia falco is very similar to the superhawk in riding position, but it handles quite a bit better and the motor is smoother and more powerful. I believe there is a later superhawk that has a larger tank, I think it's the >2001 model.

I don't think you should pass over VFRs because of some perceived maintenance issues. I believe the one that is somewhat more complicated is the VTEC models' valve checks. I owned a 5th gen 98-02 VFR and they are really great bikes. They handle two up better than anything else I've owned.

I can't comment on the FZ1/Bandit, I've never ridden either.

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

I have a friend who will be buying a bike in a few months, and he has it in his mind that he has to get a Ducati GT1000, or something similar. I have tried explaining to him that buying this bike will most likely result in him winding up dead, but so far my attempts to dissuade him have fallen on deaf ears. How can I drive home how bad of an idea it is for this to be his first bike? He doesn't have any sort of motorcycle experience at all, hell he just barely got his drivers license 3 or 4 years a go at 25.

(Sorry this is a little off topic, but it does relate to buying a bike!)

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Porkchop Express posted:

I have a friend who will be buying a bike in a few months, and he has it in his mind that he has to get a Ducati GT1000, or something similar. I have tried explaining to him that buying this bike will most likely result in him winding up dead, but so far my attempts to dissuade him have fallen on deaf ears. How can I drive home how bad of an idea it is for this to be his first bike? He doesn't have any sort of motorcycle experience at all, hell he just barely got his drivers license 3 or 4 years a go at 25.

(Sorry this is a little off topic, but it does relate to buying a bike!)

It's probably not going to wind up with him dead. The GT1000 makes about 80 RWHP stock, which is more than you want but not close to something like a modern 600. It doesn't have the best ergos for a new rider, it's just out of the range of good powerwise, but there are worse choices he could make from a performance and seating standpoint.

But from a price standpoint, he's gonna cry when it falls over the first time. I'd just drive that home. Walk outside, push your bike over, and then laugh and pick it back up. He'll be crying all the way to the Ducati dealership if his bike falls over. Tell him it's his first bike, not his last, and that it's way easier to buy and sell bikes than it is to do the same with cars. Also mention that if it does tip over, he'll be paying for a second bike in repair costs alone.

And it's also important to realize that there's some battles you just can't win. Sometimes people just have to learn by totaling out their first bike.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 5, 2011

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Z3n posted:

It's probably not going to wind up with him dead. The GT1000 makes about 80 RWHP stock, which is more than you want but not close to something like a modern 600. It doesn't have the best ergos for a new rider, it's just out of the range of good powerwise, but there are worse choices he could make from a performance and seating standpoint.

But from a price standpoint, he's gonna cry when it falls over the first time. I'd just drive that home. Walk outside, push your bike over, and then laugh and pick it back up. He'll be crying all the way to the Ducati dealership if his bike falls over. Tell him it's his first bike, not his last, and that it's way easier to buy and sell bikes than it is to do the same with cars. Also mention that if it does tip over, he'll be paying for a second bike in repair costs alone.

And it's also important to realize that there's some battles you just can't win. Sometimes people just have to learn by totaling out their first bike.

Yeah I am not entirely certain I can convince him otherwise. His main reason for liking it so much is its the same bike that the main character in Tron Legacy rides, he saw that and its all it took.

I have mentioned the cost of repairs if it falls over, maybe I will give him some arbitrary number to drive the point home.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Porkchop Express posted:

Yeah I am not entirely certain I can convince him otherwise. His main reason for liking it so much is its the same bike that the main character in Tron Legacy rides, he saw that and its all it took.

I have mentioned the cost of repairs if it falls over, maybe I will give him some arbitrary number to drive the point home.

quote:

Part #58611631BA
TANK *RED*1000GT/07 USA
$1,878.15
Part #82411201CB
RH FOOTP.MOUNT*BL*1000 GT/07
$194.98
Part #37010742AB
black rear fork
$858.58
Sub-Total: $2,931.71

http://www.store.commoto.com/parts-ordering.php

That's just if you ding the swingarm, the tank, and the footpeg mounting bracket, not any of the additional poo poo that goes into it.

But I don't think you're going to win this one. TRON :swoon:

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Porkchop Express posted:

Just dropping the bike from a standstill could easily do $1000 in damage to a bike like that.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
At least pick up a used Ducati Monster 620 or something as a first bike... that GT1000 is seriously too much of a nice bike to be dropping, I saw one on the way to school on Monday, very cool and made a nice sound.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Hell just getting knocked over in a parking lot did $1300 worth of damage to my 17 year old Honda.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

If he's set on a Duc, then point him toward the monster. Besides the expensive repair, the maintenance is something you could bring up. Belts HAVE to be done on time, desmo valves adjustment etc.

Those GT1000s are sexy as hell.

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

I am in agreement with you guys and my friend, the GT1000 is loving sweet looking as hell, no argument there. I think that is the only thing he is seeing is "HOLY poo poo THAT IS A SWEET LOOKING BIKE" and not thinking about or listening to anything else I mention. I will try do dissuade him, but the power of Tron may be to hard for me to combat.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Anyone have knowledge about the early BMW K75 bikes? I came upon this and am seriously tempted to pick it up. I've always wanted a K75/K100 bike, I dig their boxy looks. I sent an email asking about the registration and title and stuff, anything else that I should look for? The bike is in the same town as me too so it's real close.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/mcy/2197445958.html

Hot Buttered
Apr 27, 2008

...check it and see!

n8r posted:

I've ridden a ZRX and I wasn't very impressed with the handling, but I hadn't ridden a bike with that riding position/geometry for a while. My friend that owned it has owned lots of sportbikes and said he got used to it. I thought it was pretty balls fast as well. I really liked the motor, I seem to recall it being very smooth.

A superhawk is a good choice and the range is really 120 miles or so before you really need to find a gas station. My friend's superhawk has a full exhaust and jet kit and he can still go 120 miles without being in too much trouble. I will say that stock it's not a very comfortable bike, it's pretty close to a full sportbike riding position. My Aprilia falco is very similar to the superhawk in riding position, but it handles quite a bit better and the motor is smoother and more powerful. I believe there is a later superhawk that has a larger tank, I think it's the >2001 model.

I don't think you should pass over VFRs because of some perceived maintenance issues. I believe the one that is somewhat more complicated is the VTEC models' valve checks. I owned a 5th gen 98-02 VFR and they are really great bikes. They handle two up better than anything else I've owned.

I can't comment on the FZ1/Bandit, I've never ridden either.

I appreciate the input. Out of curiosity, what kind of bike were you coming from that you were comparing the ZRX handling to? I don't exactly need something razor sharp. What didn't you like about it? The motor sounds like exactly what I would be looking for.

I still find the VFR's intriguing, particularly the generation you owned. I've just always heard they were difficult to work on.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

infraboy posted:

Anyone have knowledge about the early BMW K75 bikes? I came upon this and am seriously tempted to pick it up. I've always wanted a K75/K100 bike, I dig their boxy looks. I sent an email asking about the registration and title and stuff, anything else that I should look for? The bike is in the same town as me too so it's real close.

Rev Moses just bought one and I don't think he's very impressed with it. He might chime in with more thoughts.

HB:
The ZRX was just really softly sprung at least in the forks and it had a much more upright riding position when compared to whatever I owned at the time. I remember coming around a curve and braking for a stop sign with the bike still leaned over and the bike really tried to stand up on me. To some extent that was because the brakes were much touchier than the bike I had at the time. It's just not going to be a very sporty bike handling wise. Also the wind protection isn't going to be the best either.

Gweenz
Jan 27, 2011
VFR's may be difficult to work on (I haven't heard this but the V4 is a pretty high tech motor and there's a lot of things that need to be compacted in there, so I can see why) but the fact they easily go 100k miles tells me they don't need to be worked on often. Look for any pre 2000 version (no vtec, no efi) as these are considered the best ones. If you're worried about maintenance and cost of upkeep I would stay away from Ducati's. It's not that they aren't reliable but the parts are expensive and they require some special tools and knowledge.

As for the sv650, those are great bikes (as a Hawk owner I am committing blasphemy by saying that) and the motors are generally bullet proof since they're slightly underpowered vtwins. That being said they get picked up as track bikes because they are inexpensive and good to learn on, so be sure to get as much information about the history as possible.

Hot Buttered
Apr 27, 2008

...check it and see!
Thanks guys.

n8r: That's all about what I expected and not necessarily a bad thing. I figured it wasn't exactly a corner carver, but there aren't any corners to carve here.

Gweenz: I have a 2V Ducati now, so I am a pretty familiar with their maintenance needs. An SV650 would really just be moving backwards from where I am now, and not really satisfy the two up requirement to my liking. I know it's a good bike, but me + my girlfriend = a lot of rear end for that little bike to haul around. (Wait, that recommendation may have been directed at someone else. If so, disregard.) The VFR is still in the mix though. I like that generation, though I'm surprised the carbed version is preferred to the EFI one.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Gweenz your years are a bit off. The 98+ VFR was fuel injected. The reasons the 98-02 VFR is criticized is that the fuel injection was pretty surgy. It was only a single stage system and the off to on throttle transition was not the smoothest. There are some aftermarket solutions for it. I've had two VFRs of that generation, one with a fuel pressure regulator mod and one with a power commander. I found the power commander worked best.

The reason the 4th gen is so well regarded is because it's a fair amount lighter than the 800 and the carbs work just fine. The downside to that bike is it has a crummy charging system due to the location of the regulator/rectifier being right above the exhaust. There are lots of cheap/easy solutions for this so I would definitely not worry about it.

I think the 5th gen is probably a bit better two up than the 4th gen due to size and weight. The shock is easily accessible and you can up the preload easily with the factory tool.

As for difficulty to work on, any twin spar bike is going to be a bit of a bitch. The V configuration doesn't help matters either.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009
The problem with the VFR is really the solid wall of junk behind the fairing panels - V-four inside a twin-spar frame...

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

infraboy posted:

I know a little about the early Ks, I just got a K100RS and I did some minor work on a K75 and test rode it a bit. My background is in vintage bikes and anything modern generally doesn't impress me, so the k100 I have now doesn't strike me as the bee's knees (as compared to my /2) but overall I think it's pretty nice for 1985. They were pretty high tech for their day.

Generally speaking I think the k75s are nicer. The one I tested made a real positive impression on me. Decent power, very smooth, not too heavy, felt good at high speed. The george jetsony exhaust note might take some getting used to, if it's stock, depending on your taste.

All the early Ks have niggling maintenance issues. My k100 has a dying radiator fan, it needs its driveshaft spline lube checked (kind of a big job) and the odometer ate itself. Most issues are addressed here: http://www.ibmwr.org/ktech.shtml

That one looks like a very good price though, if it doesn't have hidden issues, I'd jump on it.

And this year it's old enough to qualify for membership in the Vintage BMW Motorcycle Owners club, along with my air cooled R50 with magneto ignition, 6v charging and no return spring on the throttle. So, by that I mean, you'll be officially allowed to join but never really accepted as legitimate. Sorry. Take your fuel injection and get out.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
http://memphis.craigslist.org/mcy/2200931549.html

This looks amazing. Is it amazing? I'm still in the market for my second bike. I've never ridden an inline 4. My best friend just bought an sv650 and let me test it out. How will this compare to the SV? Is it as much fun as the v-twin? As practical around town?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice

Paytizzle posted:

http://memphis.craigslist.org/mcy/2200931549.html

This looks amazing. Is it amazing? I'm still in the market for my second bike. I've never ridden an inline 4. My best friend just bought an sv650 and let me test it out. How will this compare to the SV? Is it as much fun as the v-twin? As practical around town?

All I4s will have the bulk of their power at the top-end, with a very linear progression of power. From what I've read and been told, the ZX-6R is the most streetable of the big 4, but it won't have the low RPM torque that the SV has. However, I'll let someone who's ridden both chime in on that.

The price is right though, I'd offer him $2600 for the hell of it.

AncientTV fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Feb 7, 2011