Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

cloudstrife2993 posted:

^^^^

Congrats! I wish more people would realise this; when you're taking the most powerful stimulants that science has come up with, you really don't need coffee. It'll just make you feel lovely :)

Yes. This. OMG yes. Even decaf. Really not a good idea sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bathing Poodle
Nov 28, 2003

by Fistgrrl
I saw a psychiatrist and got 30 pills of Adderall 10mg IR to try out. I can definitely feel it, but I'm not so sure it's working. I get distracted very easily by the Internet at work (i'm currently at work writing this post) and I find that the meds just make me procrastinate harder. Like, I am super focused on my web browsing and time-wasting. Has anyone else experienced this? Did switching to another med help?

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Qu Appelle posted:

Yes. This. OMG yes. Even decaf. Really not a good idea sometimes.

Yep, I find that even decaf black tea (mmm chai) still has enough caffeine in it to make me anxious. I've just accepted that I can't drink it (except on special occasions).

Bathing Poodle posted:

I saw a psychiatrist and got 30 pills of Adderall 10mg IR to try out. I can definitely feel it, but I'm not so sure it's working. I get distracted very easily by the Internet at work (i'm currently at work writing this post) and I find that the meds just make me procrastinate harder. Like, I am super focused on my web browsing and time-wasting. Has anyone else experienced this? Did switching to another med help?

your meds aren't gonna force you to do your work, they are just going to enable you to focus on whatever you're doing. I have to make a conscious decision to not let my brain go anywhere near thinking about browsing the web, because if I decide to "just check my email real quick" I know where it will lead. You need to literally do your work far away from all computers, smart phones, etc. If you need to use the internet: get up, go over to computer, look something up, and then go back to where you were before and get back to work.

Eventually you will be able to work on a computer without impulsively checking the weather or the forums or whatever, but it takes time. You have to practice these habits; drugs won't magically make them appear.

wilfredmerriweathr fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Feb 9, 2011

Bathing Poodle
Nov 28, 2003

by Fistgrrl

cloudstrife2993 posted:

your meds aren't gonna force you to do your work, they are just going to enable you to focus on whatever you're doing. I have to make a conscious decision to not let my brain go anywhere near thinking about browsing the web, because if I decide to "just check my email real quick" I know where it will lead. You need to literally do your work far away from all computers, smart phones, etc. If you need to use the internet: get up, go over to computer, look something up, and then go back to where you were before and get back to work.

Eventually you will be able to work on a computer without impulsively checking the weather or the forums or whatever, but it takes time. You have to practice these habits; drugs won't magically make them appear.

Thanks but I need a web browser to do my job. I guess it's just going to be a hard battle. :smith:

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.
Like cloudstrife2993 said- A pill isn't going to aim your attention. That being said:

For me Concerta was awesome- until it stopped working. I could control going from strategic organization thinking to task focus at my own command. I could over come some emotionally based blocks, or at least push through some of them. In the end, I could tell the difference, but it wasn't enough at 36mg.

Vyvanse I'm feeling similar to you. My attention is amped up, and I can overcome the 'I don't wanna, no you don't get it I just don't wanna sort of tasks' much easier, but its like trying to control a fire-hose. My writing is very ADHD, I have to re-edit things as if I wasn't on meds.

So I can tell its not working, but I'm going to try it for a couple of weeks to see if I can get some control. I suspect my dosage is too high, but I can't afford it anyway. If it continually isn't working- discuss it with your shrink and try something else.

Edit ^^^^: Set up a proxy, and filter everything you don't really need. Make it a conscious choice to not do work.

Edit2: Can't write good engrish.

TheBigBad fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Feb 9, 2011

Wartime Consigliere
Mar 27, 2010

by T. Fine

Effexxor posted:

Don't get me wrong, if I hadn't been put onto medication I probably would have committed suicide by now. But does my ADHD give me good qualities? Yeah, it does.

And since I can't change the fact that I have ADHD, I play to my strengths and find ways to minimize my weaknesses. And frankly? I really appreciate the ways that ADHD makes me a better person.

I wasn't aiming my vitriol at anyone specifically here, I was still on the first page when I posted that I think. I just read it somewhere that people were saying it's a gift and my Sonny Corleone temper kicked in.

I am not at the place yet where I can appreciate any type of good qualities that I have that may be attributed to ADD.

I don't have the money for psych visits or meds. Unemployed right now, currently doing a terrible job as a house husband and a better than terrible job as a stay at home dad for my toddler.

EDIT: I used to read a lot more, but I would read about 4-5 books at a time, just some of this book, then some of another, and it kind of worked. Mostly what I do lately is get interested and then buy a book and then it sits around unread for awhile. I should just start buying ones with pretty covers.

Wartime Consigliere fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Feb 10, 2011

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.
What do I do with these Vyvanse pills? I'm done with them and there are 27 of them.

Moms Stuffing
Jun 2, 2005

the little green one
Ok I finally got my prescription junk sorted out and got my Ritalin. The giant YOU MIGHT DIE A SUDDEN DEATH label is really freaking me out. I have mitral valve prolapse, which isn't that big of a deal, and Google turned up nothing when I tried to look it up. Do any of you have MVP and still take stimulants? I just took my first Ritalin a few seconds ago and I am kind of freaking out that I am going to die any second. Did I mention that I also have panic issues and am a huge hypochondriac? I'm taking Prozac for the latter, but I just started it after cutting Zoloft so I'm not quite feeling all the effects yet.

Moms Stuffing
Jun 2, 2005

the little green one
Ok like an hour later I actually did my dishes, picked up the kitchen after breakfast, and I didn't even feel an inkling of frustration or anger when my 2 year old threw a tantrum. I usually get really freaked out and mad when she pulls normal 2 year old poo poo, and it's hard to keep myself together and not yell at her.

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Moms Stuffing posted:

Ok like an hour later I actually did my dishes, picked up the kitchen after breakfast, and I didn't even feel an inkling of frustration or anger when my 2 year old threw a tantrum. I usually get really freaked out and mad when she pulls normal 2 year old poo poo, and it's hard to keep myself together and not yell at her.

It is nice to be able to switch into adult perspective. Is your doctor is aware of your condition and other medications? Really that's the person who should be sorting that out and reassuring you. Obviously you made it... so cheers! :)

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
After switching from Adderall back to methylphenidate based drugs when I got a new doctor, I was put on Concerta, which was basically homeopathic for me. So we went back to my classic dosage of Ritalin SR 20mg qam, Ritalin 5mg bid prn, which we may increase up to qid if I find 2 boosters aren't enough to get me through everything I need to do.

What are your experiences with the SR? It's been a really long time since I've taken it and I've been on a lot of different meds since then, so I don't really remember except that it worked for me. I'm reading that it reaches peak plasma concentrations at 4.5 hours or so, do any of your experiences jive with that? Should I take this when I wake up and just expect it to be 4 hours before I'm at maximum efficiency, do you think? I seem to recall it having a duration of effect of about 6-8 hours, is that correct?

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Oh, thread. Help a girl out here.

What's some of your favorite totally non-caffeinated coffee shop drinks?

As I've learned, a 'decaf' espresso drink on Adderall is OK. That same drink on Dex leaves me on the toilet praying for death as my intestines try to form a Mobius loop. OK, fair enough. Let us not repeat that mistake. However, now that I'm employed, I enjoy sipping on some sort of hot drink during my morning commute - my little reward for getting out of bed in the morning. I also have a pretty physical job, so calories are now a Very Good Thing again. (I lost 10 lbs in the past month without trying, so now I don't really need to lose any more).

So now I need morning drink ideas that are totally free of caffeine. Bonus if they're also non-dairy. Double bonus if I can get them at Starbucks :wotwot: . I'm thinking 'steamed soy milk with raspberry or vanilla syrup', but I also see that getting really old, really quickly. Same with Rooibos or herbal teas.

Thanks, thread! :neckbeard:

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
What about hot chocolate? I seem to remember getting a pretty drat good hot chocolate at Starbucks one time.

adomorn
Jul 16, 2010

Ask. Seek. Knock.
I tend to highlight the words that I'm reading on the internet. Not "highlighting as I'm reading along," but more just highlighting and unhighlighting entire paragraphs as I read them. My coworker saw me doing it and suggested that I was trying to send myself into epileptic shock (a jest). After laughing, he suggested I might have ADD. Is this a sign of ADD? I've never really thought about it before, but I've been doing it for years.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Angry Diplomat posted:

What about hot chocolate? I seem to remember getting a pretty drat good hot chocolate at Starbucks one time.

Good suggestion. I wonder how the :catdrugs: will play with the caffeine in the chocolate, but yes! Hot chocolate!

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

adomorn posted:

I tend to highlight the words that I'm reading on the internet. Not "highlighting as I'm reading along," but more just highlighting and unhighlighting entire paragraphs as I read them. My coworker saw me doing it and suggested that I was trying to send myself into epileptic shock (a jest). After laughing, he suggested I might have ADD. Is this a sign of ADD? I've never really thought about it before, but I've been doing it for years.

Thanks. I'm going to consciously notice that I do this forever now, along with twitching the mouse in patterns while programs do things. I would guess it's like drumming pens/fingers on everything all the time, which is a thing ADHD people sometimes do often unless I'm mistaken. I don't think it's a "sign" of ADHD per se, but it is a thing people diagnosed with ADHD tend to do from what I know.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Kylra posted:

I don't think it's a "sign" of ADHD per se, but it is a thing people diagnosed with ADHD tend to do from what I know.

Right. Things like that are sometimes associated with ADHD, but are not themselves symptomatic of it. If you have ADHD, you're very likely to have nervous habits; if you have nervous habits, you're only slightly, if at all, more likely than average to have ADHD.

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.

Qu Appelle posted:

Oh, thread. Help a girl out here.

What's some of your favorite totally non-caffeinated coffee shop drinks?

Passion.

Tea.

LEMONADE. :swoon:

Moms Stuffing
Jun 2, 2005

the little green one
For those of you taking short release medications, how often do you take your pills a day? My psychiatrist wrote me a prescription for Ritalin 10 mg and told me to take it two times a day. However, I can definitely feel it wearing off after about 5 hours or so. I'm awake for more than 10 hours in a day, and I take my first pill at about 7:00 am. I see my psych on Monday so I'll address it then, but I was just curious.

EDIT: Is it weird that, so far, caffeine isn't bothering me?

EDIT 2: Well I guess that isn't true since it makes me slightly jittery now.

Moms Stuffing fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 12, 2011

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

like he's an Italian.

Moms Stuffing posted:

For those of you taking short release medications, how often do you take your pills a day? My psychiatrist wrote me a prescription for Ritalin 10 mg and told me to take it two times a day. However, I can definitely feel it wearing off after about 5 hours or so. I'm awake for more than 10 hours in a day, and I take my first pill at about 7:00 am. I see my psych on Monday so I'll address it then, but I was just curious.

EDIT: Is it weird that, so far, caffeine isn't bothering me?

EDIT 2: Well I guess that isn't true since it makes me slightly jittery now.

Well, you're not supposed to be medicated until you fall asleep. I take my first pill at 7AM, my second at noon, by 5-6PM its worn off, and I go to bed around 9-10PM. According to my psych, the once a day extended release medications work in the exact same time frame, about 10 hours.

e. although on my late days, i'll let it wear off and take my second pill around ~2, just in time to be fully in my system for my 2:50 math class and will last me until my language class lets out at ~7

Moms Stuffing
Jun 2, 2005

the little green one
Ok, I don't remember my psych explaining this to me, but he very well could have. I don't have the greatest track record of listening to and remembering instructions. :rolleyes:

I tend to get a little anxious when it wears off, and I get really tired and hungry. I wasn't sure if that was supposed to happen.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Re: tired and hungry. That happens to me too.

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

like he's an Italian.
Same, but add some snappy/cranky tendencies.

Moms Stuffing
Jun 2, 2005

the little green one
Did anyone get a cough when they started their meds? I have a mild cough and a mild burning sensation in my lungs for an hour or so after I take Ritalin. The burning sensation feels more like I've had a cold and been coughing a lot, as opposed to doing a ton of hard exercise. My heart rate never goes up, no palpitations or anything like that.

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

like he's an Italian.

Moms Stuffing posted:

Did anyone get a cough when they started their meds? I have a mild cough and a mild burning sensation in my lungs for an hour or so after I take Ritalin. The burning sensation feels more like I've had a cold and been coughing a lot, as opposed to doing a ton of hard exercise. My heart rate never goes up, no palpitations or anything like that.

I'm not on ritalin, Dextroamphetamine, and I haven't experienced anything like that. I don't think I've experienced ANY side effects, actually. Unless 'awesome' is a side effect. Its kind of nice.

Aculard
Oct 15, 2007

by Ozmaugh
Glad to hear so many new posters of this thread are out getting check out/help.

I'm going in to see if I can get tested for crohns/colitis. It's getting pretty bad and since the last doctor couldn't find ulcers in my stomach (and it's not going away) it's probably chronic something or other. Hurrah.

Oh, and a refill of my old Adderall Xr. The dexedrine is just too terrible for my chest. :catdrugs:

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005
The blood test my GP had me do came back completely normal. So that rules out his checks for my inattentiveness being brought on by thyroid problems. Of course I could've told him that since I have no problem losing weight and stying slim if I exercise and eat right.

Now my psychiatrist appointment is coming up on the 16th. Hopefully all goes well. I'm lucky because my wife wants to go with me and she managed to get the time off from work. I could've done this alone, but her being there is nice.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Solved my commute drink quandary.

Due to a breathtaking example of food cravings gone horribly awry, a friend of mine bought a case of rice milk. He'd never had rice milk before, and sure enough, he hated it. But he kept on drinking it, because he bought this CASE of it, and dammit, he was going to like rice milk!

Well, that never happened, so he gave the rest of it to me instead, as I enjoy the stuff. During shopping this weekend, I went to the Coffee and tea aisle, and discovered Ovaltine :black101: . I'd never had that before, but I was willing to give it a go. And fortified, so healthier than a hot chocolate. I made my first ovaltine and rice milk hot chocolate today, and it was delicious. And vaguely healthy, so I don't feel bad drinking it day after day. It also helps me use up the 6 quarts of rice milk that I inherited from my friend.

And now I have my :catdrugs: friendly commute drink.

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Almond milk is nice too if you want to try something else. (Not the store at room temperature stuff).

Moms Stuffing
Jun 2, 2005

the little green one
My psych said I was a freak (not literally, but you know what I mean) for having lung pain and coughing as a side effect of Ritalin and gave me a script for Adderall. My EKG came out normal, I'm just a special snowflake who always reacts strangely to medicine.

Socket Ryanist
Aug 30, 2004

TheBigBad posted:

What do I do with these Vyvanse pills? I'm done with them and there are 27 of them.
I'll take em!

TheGopher
Sep 7, 2009
(lots of e/n bullshit, you can safely skip paragraphs 2 and 3 if you don't have the attention span right now, just talking about my roommate pissing me off and being difficult to communicate with)

Ok I'm back from my thread hiatus. Been on a bad streak here because I'm so sick of my job, and just can't overcome my procrastination and general stress. My apartment is a complete mess, dishes haven't been done, floor needs to be cleaned, laundry needs to be done, etc. I just keep doing the same poo poo on the weekends, which is essentially nothing. Sit around play video games, maybe gently caress around with some linux stuff I've been working on to increase my employment opportunities, and smoke a bunch of weed (which is a major problem).

Part of my problem is my roommate. I bear more financial burden than he does, because he's poor as poo poo and has student loans and other debt that he has no choice but to pay off. It's not getting lighter any time soon, and I've had to compensate in some ways, mostly in groceries and other things the apartment needs. He does what he can, but there's definitely an amount of what I do that he takes for granted. He's not the kind of guy to take advantage of me, but he's not in a position where he can completely avoid it. He quit his job a few months back, and said "don't worry about it, I'll figure it out," when I asked him how he was going to pay rent. He wound up getting a job in the nick of time and having to sell his car to pay rent for the month. The part that pisses me off is that while he did follow through when he said he had it figured out, if he didn't sell his car I would have been the one to deal with the consequence of his actions, not really him. On top of that, I still have to deal with his decision to sell his car because now I'm the one with a car, and we live in LA.

I've tried to talk to him about some of the poo poo he's done that bugs me, but he's not easy to talk to because he always replies to complaints with one sentence replies like, "OK I'll take care of it," which would be great if I were at work with him. As a friend it's pissing me off, and I need to share that with him but he doesn't even give me an opportunity. There have been times where I bring up issues I have with him doing things a certain way, and he immediately throws something in my face. One time I was asking him to clean up something or other, and he says something like "Well what about you? You didn't do _____," and I was completely taken aback. I had the resolve to tell him "it's not about me right now, but I'll work on that if you wants me to," or something like that, but the initial complaint was kind of lost after that.

The issue is that he's too unstable for me, and enables the bad habits I'm trying so loving hard to break. I don't know what the gently caress I'm supposed to do about it, because it's so hard to talk to him. The "best" solution would be for me to just move out. However, I have the guilt trip of knowing he wouldn't be able to afford moving somewhere if he didn't want to have to find another roommate, since it would require a security deposit, and wouldn't be able to front the money even knowing he would get money back from our current place. I don't even know if moving out will help, as I'm concerned that I'm only projecting, and that getting my own place/moving in with somebody different isn't going to change anything except the scenery.

I can't do this anymore, and I've worked so hard to cut bad influences out of my life and here I am plagued by another. I'm far from perfect, and it seems hypocritical for me to want to move out because I do some of the poo poo I resent him for doing. I have enough loving issues with my own ADHD however, and I need to think about myself first and foremost, but I have no loving idea how to compromise. I need something to change soon, because I'm on the verge of just quitting my job and zoning out for a couple of weeks until I get lucky and catch another job, or have to move back in with my parents, which is something I want to avoid at all costs.

Aculard
Oct 15, 2007

by Ozmaugh

TheGopher posted:

lots of e/n bullshit

Tell me again, why exactly you need to stick around with this guy other than "I might feel guilty"? He hosed up; Not you. Who the hell quits their job, sells their car to cover rent and then won't even clean up the apartment when their roommate is footing the bill? I did to my husband what your roommate is doing to you once, and I got my rear end kicked out.

Give him the ultimatum that he either starts paying his full share of rent, or to start looking for roommates by the end of the month.

TheGopher
Sep 7, 2009
Well to be fair, this is kind of one sided. I'm compressing a whole year of living with the guy down to a few paragraphs, which isn't entirely fair, but it's as accurate as I could make it.

The reason why is really I would feel guilty. The guy has been a great friend in a lot of ways, just not the best person to live with. I do think I need to bring up what my grievances are, even if he shuts down and doesn't really respond, and from that point forward I have some cause to move the gently caress out.

He does pay his full share of rent, I should clarify, but barely. He's getting more and more over his head, I can tell, so I think I am with some cause to ask him to get his poo poo together. And I will, tonight, because it's my own fault I've bottled up some issues with him for too long. That being said, my patience is wearing thin, even though being responsible for more than one person in a way is making me more mature, it's not helping the issues I have, and I won't let it go on for much longer.

I also read briefly today that your husband was considering kicking you out, but I didn't catch where he actually did, and I sympathize 100%. My parents kicked my rear end out, and though it's completely different because they gave me some money to work with, it's really tough emotionally. I just hope you have a decent living arrangement worked out so you won't wind up homeless any time soon. :smith:

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

You can't save anyone else if you drown. Just communicate your intention and timeline and it will work out fine. Its a hard conversation but saying- I need to move out, and I'm going to do it by x.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Pretty much.

Give them ample notice, but then stick with it. You know those airplane safety messages, where in a crisis you need to put on your own oxygen mask before you can help others? That applies to other aspects to your life as well. Say that you are going to live there for only X amount of time, and you are going to move out by Date Y. After that, they are then responsible for any and all living expenses. If they aren't able to handle that, that's their problem.

Aculard
Oct 15, 2007

by Ozmaugh

TheGopher posted:

I also read briefly today that your husband was considering kicking you out, but I didn't catch where he actually did, and I sympathize 100%. My parents kicked my rear end out, and though it's completely different because they gave me some money to work with, it's really tough emotionally. I just hope you have a decent living arrangement worked out so you won't wind up homeless any time soon. :smith:

Naw, he actually came home a few days after telling me to make money or move out to find me alternating between crying my eyes out and sleeping and came up with the brilliant idea for us to BOTH MOVE OUT TOGETHER!!! ...He's loving retarded, he has to be in some way.

Yeah, but the time he did kick me out (a year and a half-2 years ago) it was really bad. He was paying for both of our rent, groceries, bills, and even for my mcdonalds 3am runs. :smith: I literally helped rack up 2-4k in debt against him as he had to start using his credit cards. Our relationship got waaaay better a few months later when we got back together and I had started to get some sort of plan for my future up.

At least now his manager wants to hire me and we're just waiting for the new girl (who has called in sick 3 times despite being hired, what, 3 weeks ago) to call in sick one more time and be fired. It'll screw me over for my disability application but whatever.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
So I'm hoping to get some advice. I switched psychiatrists and saw my new doctor for the first time yesterday. I got diagnosed with depression two years ago and have been on 5 different medications in that time. None of them have been that successful.

Anyway, my new doctor saw me for a total of 40 minutes where she decided the problem isn't depression, its ADD. She wrote me a prescription for ritalin 5mg, 2 pills 3x a day. She had me fill out a questionnaire of like 20 questions. I don't know how much I trust my new doctors but could it really hurt to try the meds?

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

like he's an Italian.
You left out the part where she took a phone call during the session and told you to find God.

e. my point is your doctor is a god drat loony and everyone should know that instead of thinking she's a normal doctor, not that youre lying or anything. I never know how I come across.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You
I'm not sure what exactly I'm hoping to get out of this, other than some catharsis. I've had ADHD for a long time. I was diagnosed as a kid, but haven't been to a genuine psychiatrist in maybe ten years. I'm 19 now, finishing up my sophomore year of college, and it's getting hard.

I do great in school. I'm medicated (80mg Strattera), but it doesn't seem to quite do enough sometimes. I only recently got a prescription, and I'm uninsured, so it's 200 loving dollars a bottle. I'm still awake right now because I feel so guilty for not accomplishing poo poo today. I couldn't sit down and read and I keep falling behind more and more in my reading because I can't keep up. Reading tires me out fast, especially if it's a text book. I mean, I skimmed about half of my Environmental Biology chapter and read the other half. But I still feel like I'm not good enough, because I've got so much more to do. Sociology and Public Policy and a paper that I didn't get the books for in time to finish, but I've got an extension. So I'm trying to keep this all balanced while all the tests show up at one time next week. Despite this, I've got a 3.69 GPA overall, and just got accepted to UW-Madison, but I can't stop being afraid of what feels like inevitable failure.

Even if I manage to do well throughout college, the social aspect terrifies me sometimes. I'm constantly afraid of how my actions will impact people's opinions of me. Much as people like to say "Just be yourself!" that doesn't always work. Other people's opinions of you are critical to success. Connections matter more than anything. If I can't even do that right, what's the point.

Honestly, most of this is senseless worrying, but it stems from an inability to achieve things due to my ADHD. When I can't meet standards I've set for myself, the rest falls into place. Pills only do so much, if anything at all. How do you guys manage to avoid these feelings of failure that ADHD brings up? I mean, some of you have to feel this way. You have to get distracted one too many times and it ends up being painful. Right?