Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ditch posted:

NOSAWA, the omnipresent mediocrity, managed to do four crimes within the span of a minute.

He was drunk, and wanted a taxi ride to his hotel. Taxi driver didn't know how to get there (this is common for some reason) so NOSAWA argues with him, gets out, opens the driver's door, pulls the driver out, and starts driving for a little ways until the cops pull him over. So:

-Assault
-Drunk driving
-Stealing a taxi
-And he didn't have his driver's license

Now, let's see if he goes to jail before Jeff Hardy!

Why can't NOSAWA speak english? He rules(just not in the ring).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Ditch posted:

NOSAWA, the omnipresent mediocrity, managed to do four crimes within the span of a minute.

He was drunk, and wanted a taxi ride to his hotel. Taxi driver didn't know how to get there (this is common for some reason) so NOSAWA argues with him, gets out, opens the driver's door, pulls the driver out, and starts driving for a little ways until the cops pull him over. So:

-Assault
-Drunk driving
-Stealing a taxi
-And he didn't have his driver's license

Now, let's see if he goes to jail before Jeff Hardy!

Isn't he supposed to have a tag match with MVP soon?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Taichi replaced Nosawa.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

coconono posted:

Why can't NOSAWA speak english? He rules(just not in the ring).
Um... not sure what you mean? This happened in Japan. And he's tri-lingual.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Bob Sapp's opponent at the DDT Sumo Hall show will be... Dino.

:psyduck:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

A billion stars.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Ditch posted:

Bob Sapp's opponent at the DDT Sumo Hall show will be... Dino.

:psyduck:

:dance:
this may just be the greatest night in the history of our sport.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ditch posted:

Um... not sure what you mean? This happened in Japan. And he's tri-lingual.

I've never heard him speak English. He'd be a proud addition to TNA.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

A billion stars.

this.

How can I give DDT my money for this?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

coconono posted:

I've never heard him speak English. He'd be a proud addition to TNA.
The Joe/Punk ROH shoot mentions him. That's about the 100th thing down as far as reasons to listen. IMO the most entertaining shoot interview.

KungFu Grip posted:

How can I give DDT my money for this?
Well it won't sell out, so if you can get to Japan...

...but that's a pretty inefficient way to give them money...

tigerdriver82
Jun 15, 2009

Yo, you best
~Protect Your Neck~
Ah yeah, again and again!
Is Takuya Sugi aka El Blazer regarded as a good wrestler?
My only exposure are matches from El Dorado promotion and seemed to me that he is just a floppy guy, albeit pretty innovative.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
He doesn't show up much because MPro doesn't have significant TV time anymore. He had a well-regarded match vs Hayato Fujita two years ago, and some people liked his quickie vs Liger in '07. Other than that...

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

The Joe/Punk ROH shoot mentions him. That's about the 100th thing down as far as reasons to listen. IMO the most entertaining shoot interview.

Well it won't sell out, so if you can get to Japan...

...but that's a pretty inefficient way to give them money...

That reminds me, do you have any videos of the former boxer Joe talks about in his solo ROH shoot. He worked with him when he was in Zero One.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

MassRayPer posted:

That reminds me, do you have any videos of the former boxer Joe talks about in his solo ROH shoot. He worked with him when he was in Zero One.
Probably Sean McCully, who sucked, so no.

Gordy
Sep 6, 2002

tigerdriver82 posted:

Is Takuya Sugi aka El Blazer regarded as a good wrestler?
My only exposure are matches from El Dorado promotion and seemed to me that he is just a floppy guy, albeit pretty innovative.

he's shown up in Mexico for AAA occasionally, teaming with the tall japanese guy that was in WWE for a bit.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Gordy posted:

he's shown up in Mexico for AAA occasionally, teaming with the tall japanese guy that was in WWE for a bit.
Kenzo Suzuki, who will be challenging for the Triple Crown later this month!

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2011/03/04/puroresu-pulse-issue-190-mister-zero-one-usa/

THIS WEEK: All the Zero-One you can handle! Sorta.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Aparently Chuck Taylor, Johnny Gargano and Rich Swan are touring with Dragon Gate. According to Chuck, their record is currently 1-1

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Oh man. 'Cryptic' match listings are up for the NOAH UK tour. The main event for the day I'm going has the hint of 'Former tag-partners square off'. I think I going to get to see KENTA vs Marufuji live

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Aparently Chuck Taylor, Johnny Gargano and Rich Swan are touring with Dragon Gate. According to Chuck, their record is currently 1-1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU9z6JYi4ao

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
NOAH results:
KENTA, Kanemaru & Genba turned on Yone to kill Disobey and form their own stable.

All four titles were defended successfully.

Really poor attendance, which is to be expected.

Akiyama says he'll be challenging Suwama for the Triple Crown.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Man things just seem so grim for Noah :(

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Kobashi has been out 14 months and his return still isn't announced. But the booking sure doesn't help.

Also, supposedly that Akiyama thing is just him talking crap.

Ditch fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Mar 6, 2011

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Ditch posted:

Kobashi has been out 14 months and his return still isn't announced. But the booking sure doesn't help.

So is he effectively retired or something? I'd say I can't imagine him going out quietly because of the interest they could draw for a final match show but I'm honestly not sure if men's puro does the big retirement shows like joshi does.

Which reminds me, I'm surprised the Kyoko/Ito Fatass Duo managed to lure Mariko Yoshida out of retirement for an upcoming DIANA show.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
The interview with the Zero-1 guy was fun, thanks Ditch.

Also, the Zero-1 card for tonight looks pretty fantastic:

ZERO1 10th Anniversary
FIGHT CARD

ZERO1 World Heavyweight Title
Single Match
Daisuke Sekimoto © (BJW) vs. Ryouji Sai (ZERO1)

Single Match
Shinjiro Otani (ZERO1) vs. Yoshihiro Takayama(Takayama Hall)

Single Match
Masato Tanaka (ZERO1) vs. Yuji Nagata (NJPW)

ZERO1 International Jr. Heavyweight Title
Single Match
Ikuto Hidaka (ZERO1) vs. Takafumi Ito(PANCRASEism)

Destruction Prince
Daichi Hashimoto Debut Match
Masahiro Chono (ARISTRIST) vs. Daichi Hashimoto (ZERO1)

NWA Intercontinental Tag Team Titles
Tag Match
Kohei Sato © (ZERO1) KAMIKAZE © (ZERO1) vs. Atsushi Sawada(IGF)X(TBA)

NWA International Lightweight Tag Titles
Special Referee: SUWA
Tag Match
Takuya Sugawara © (Free) Kaijin Habu Otoko © (Okinawa Pro) vs. Minoru Fujita (Free)Mineo Fujita (Free)

NWA World Jr. Heavyweight Title
Single Match
Craig Classic © (NWA) vs. Munenori Sawa (BattlArts)

10-Man Tag Match
Shota Takanishi (ZERO1) Hayato "Jr" Fujita (Michinoku Pro) Kenta Kakinuma (ZERO1) Diamond Konley (ZERO1 CAMP) Nick Primo (ZERO1 CAMP) vs. Shiro Koshinaka (Free) Shito Ueda (ZERO1) Yoshikazu Yokoyama (ZERO1) Zuffa (New Samoans) Buffa
(New Saomoans)

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Hash Jr. having his first match against loving Chono is pretty huge.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Suben posted:

I'm honestly not sure if men's puro does the big retirement shows like joshi does.
Not with anywhere near the regularity, but the Inoki retirement was the highest-grossing puro show ever.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2011/03/10/puroresu-pulse-issue-191-howard-brody-the-man-behind-ring-warriors/

THIS WEEK: Another interview!

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
I am anxiously awaiting to see the Hashimoto/Chono match.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

From the Observer:

The earthquake that rocked Japan late last night in the U.S., which was the afternoon of 3/11 in Japan, led to shows and press conferences being canceled.

Korakuen Hall, which has wrestling, boxing and other assorted combat sports events almost daily, was damaged in the earthquake. A boxing show on 3/12 featuring three women's championship fights was canceled. A show called Shoot legacy Oz on 3/12 was alco canceled. The 3/14 Japan boxing championshp show was also canceled.

The All Japan tour is in jeopardy since most of the shows were in areas the earthquake did substantial damage. They officially canceled today's show in Ishinomaki and have issued a statement that all wrestlers and staff members are okay. The 3/17 show in Kesennuma is canceled because that city had a major fire.

New Japan canceled its 3/12 show in Kasukabe and would announce more later.

In Tokyo, which was hit hard, Zero-One was scheduled to have a press conference. But everyone had to evacuate the building. The press conference itself was canceled but the main thrust of the press conference was announced that Shinjiro Otani and Daichi Hashimoto, the son of Shinya Hashimoto, would face Big Van Vader and son Jesse White on the 3/27 show in Tokyo.

The women's Jewels promotion canceled its show today in Tokyo.

The Dragon Gate promotion, touring away from where the earthquake hit, seems unaffected. Cima tweeted that everyone is safe and they didn't announce any cancellations of shows.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

HulkaMatt/Observer posted:

The press conference itself was canceled but the main thrust of the press conference was announced that Shinjiro Otani and Daichi Hashimoto, the son of Shinya Hashimoto, would face Big Van Vader and son Jesse White on the 3/27 show in Tokyo.

Anyone got a current picture of Vader and his son Jesse?

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

quote:

UNION
Tokyo Korakuen Hall 01/03/11
1,955 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House

Bread Eating Deathmatch: Tsuyoshi Kikuchi Vs Ken Ohka
If anyone has seen this what the hell kind of match is this? Blood and loaf bread doesn't sound like a great mix.

Go ahead make a Sliced Bread #2 joke. :)

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Korak posted:

If anyone has seen this what the hell kind of match is this? Blood and loaf bread doesn't sound like a great mix.

Go ahead make a Sliced Bread #2 joke. :)

It's DDT. "After six long months of recovery, Ken Ohka promised to eat lots of bread to grow strong. So he had a Bread Eating Deathmatch with Tsuyoshi Kikuchi with the winner being whoever ate most of the bread that was hanging above the ring."

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
That was a Union show, not DDT.

What's the difference, you ask?

Um.............

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I always thought Union was their slightly more serious off-shoot. Didn't they also start a side-promotion aimed at gay people at some point?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Union is not especially serious. Pretty sure it predates DDT and is where Sanshiro comes from.

DDT had BOYZ, a pretty-boy promotion, but it died in '09 after 9 shows.

Ditch fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Mar 16, 2011

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Dragon Gate cancelled/postponed their big Sumo Hall show.

Jenzar El
Aug 16, 2010

by angerbeet
I was watching Kawada/Mutoh 2000 for the TC and then Vader/Misawa 99 for the TC. God drat do I miss the glory days of Puro :(

Gonna spend this weekend re-watching late 90's RWTL matches.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Jenzar El posted:

God drat do I miss the glory days of Puro :(
I could give a crap about Peak Oil. It's being on the wrong end of Peak Puro that depresses me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Just have to publicly thank Ditch for his website. I've got a nostalgic craving for mid 90s AJPW, and this is taking care of me quite nicely. I can respect a download limit on your hosting, so I'll only grab 10 matches per day from you, but the matches you provided a megaupload link for, well, no such promise!