Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

tazman posted:

My god we're all such battered wives. We complain about this poo poo every week but we'll keep coming back for more because we LOVE HIM SO MUCH and he DIDN'T ALWAYS USE TO BE THIS WAY.
H-He can change :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
I just caught up with the manga after stopping reading when Onemanga went down, and NOTHING HAS loving HAPPENED. Why did I even bother? I was expecting to see Ippo wreck this guy atleast but the fight hasnt even happened yet?!

I swear if this turns out to be worse than the Woli fight I am going to stop reading (who am I kidding?:().

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

FiftySeven posted:

I just caught up with the manga after stopping reading when Onemanga went down, and NOTHING HAS loving HAPPENED. Why did I even bother? I was expecting to see Ippo wreck this guy atleast but the fight hasnt even happened yet?!

I swear if this turns out to be worse than the Woli fight I am going to stop reading (who am I kidding?:().

There is no way it can be worse that the Woli fight. So at least we have that.

Seriously, the new guy could be a zombie boxer and it wouldn't be half as bad as Woli

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Fabricated posted:

No. He'll barely win like always.

I want him to get his own God mode. However, unlike what's his face, it doesn't make him teleport around the ring. Instead, he will just punch you through your own punches. He will punch your fist, it will shatter your entire arm and then you won't have a guard. Then he will punch you.
And then the opponent will unveil his strategy and Ippo will barely win.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
I guess I was okay with the whole GHOST IPPO crap from previous fights, but seriously what the gently caress is this. Stomping ghost butts?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nahxela posted:

I want him to get his own God mode. However, unlike what's his face, it doesn't make him teleport around the ring. Instead, he will just punch you through your own punches. He will punch your fist, it will shatter your entire arm and then you won't have a guard. Then he will punch you.
And then the opponent will unveil his strategy and Ippo will barely win.

Remeber when Kamogawa was driving logs into a Hill with his fists and how then the manga suggested Ippo would follow his steps and become a dervish of physical destruction? Well, instead we got crap like those love taps he gave Woli that -somehow- completely hosed him up.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

New chapter

Lets draw this poo poo out some more! Tune in next week for more gripping instalments of:
- Training harder!
- Did I mention my fist is broken!
- Also that I know his weakness!

Get to the loving fight already :argh:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
He's going to put on a Miyata mask so Ippo is too busy hiding his boner to fight straight.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
This weakness had better be loving amazing.

I mean it has got to be flat out loving astounding.

You can't just mention the phrase "X knows his weakness" once a week for eight weeks and expect it to mean anything.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ippo: Your plan was brilliant but, you see, I trained to be able to endure even more punches to the face :smug:

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

trucutru posted:

Ippo: Your plan was brilliant but, you see, I trained to be able to endure even more punches to the face :smug:

Now to balance my bodyweight on my neck for three months :shepface:

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Jesus gently caress isn't Ippo reaching the limit of human strength. Seriously, you can train with all the shonen spirit you want but there's going to be a point where your body just won't add any mass to your muscles.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

tazman posted:

Jesus gently caress isn't Ippo reaching the limit of human strength. Seriously, you can train with all the shonen spirit you want but there's going to be a point where your body just won't add any mass to your muscles.

And he has to build all that muscle without gaining weight! My theory is that all the brain matter he loses during each fight is replaced with muscle.

Besides his dick is there anything Ippo has not trained to the most extreme levels?

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

So Very...Very...Slooooooow.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

MAYBE DON'T STEAL BEER FROM GOONS?

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

trucutru posted:

And he has to build all that muscle without gaining weight! My theory is that all the brain matter he loses during each fight is replaced with muscle.

Besides his dick is there anything Ippo has not trained to the most extreme levels?

His rear end?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

trucutru posted:

His tongue (he is too nice!)

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Image of Ippo in his next fight:

Edit: also my current suspicion is that Morikawa started drawing this arc before he actually thought of what Ippo's weakness is

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Feb 25, 2011

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

boy I sure do love seeing a guy run around and sit in a sauna all day. It's riveting!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Fabricated posted:

Edit: also my current suspicion is that Morikawa started drawing this arc before he actually thought of what Ippo's weakness is

Don't tell anybody but Ippo... has short reach!

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

Nilbop posted:

This weakness had better be loving amazing.

I'm calling it, it's just a big goddamn bluff.

He's trying to psych Ippo into expecting some crazy rear end strategy and then just punch him really really hard (it almost works but then burning shounen spirit prevails)

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

It's his undefeatability! He'll never expect me to beat him in a fight.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Ippo's weakness is Miyata. His opponent is going to print out a Miyata mask and wear it during the fight.

Kweh
Jul 20, 2006

ROYAL
STRAIGHT
FLUSH
Ippo's one and only weakness... HE HAS A HGUE DONG!!!

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

Kweh posted:

Ippo's one and only weakness... HE HAS A HGUE DONG!!!

*Hit twice from left and right*

Ugh, punches strong as steel...but I can still...

*Hit from below*

How did he uppercut so quickly???

*sees huge penis rushing up from below*

I'm so happy...I got to fight...a fighter like this...

(someone kill me)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Ippo's weakness is his crippling gynophobia. I'd call it a fear of intimacy, but everyone knows he'd jump straight into bed if Miyata so much as crooked a finger.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

Ippo's weakness is Miyata. His opponent is going to print out a Miyata mask and wear it during the fight.

I literally posted this earlier on the same page. It hasn't even been a week.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

Ok, so what is a gimmick that someone hasn't used yet?

There might be some straight body punches because i don't think anyone's used those yet in any effect.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I literally posted this earlier on the same page. It hasn't even been a week.

This is where we are, as a fandom. This is so depressing.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Shinjobi posted:

This is where we are, as a fandom. This is so depressing.

Pffft. I was making "Miyata is Ippo's weakness" jokes in this thread more than a year ago! (This manga has become so sad.)

Illegal usernane: I believe Ippo has already fought with a Karate-trained boxer who specialized in straight body punches, like 15 years ago.

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures
No, that was Itagaki. If Itagaki didn't beat him, he would've gotten a match against Ippo. That was the beginning of the Itagaki godmoding bullshit IIRC.

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005
Master of procrastination
Chapter 927

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
It just wouldn't be a new chapter without mentioning Ippo's weakness on the last page.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
This fight hasn't started yet and I already hate it.

Unless Ippo literally kills this dude by accident in the ring and that's the big lesson I will hate it.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich
"Your weakness...is that you can only punch...as hard as the author dictates each round!" *deadpool*

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
I hope his "weakness" is something stupid like "You're still in Japan, move your rear end to the world stage already, God!"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Ippo is weak against magic monkey men. Woli was the first saiyan to challenge Ippo, but he was certainly not the last.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!
"Your weakness is, that your cock is so big it's above the belt and a valid target!"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I hope Ippo kills him.
So that he becomes scared of his fists.
And quits boxing forever.
Then the manga can focus solely on MiyataItagaki and Takamura.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Infinitum posted:

I hope Ippo kills him.
So that he becomes scared of his fists.
And quits boxing forever.
Then the manga can focus solely on MiyataItagaki and Takamura.

I don't care who dies but someone need to die and bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures
Neko and the coach are going to punch each other in one of their gags, and break each others necks by accident.