Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gwaaargh
Jul 7, 2010

by XyloJW

Chinaski posted:

I'm nearing the end of the game. I'm doing the missions at Marston's Ranch and all of them seem to involve herding loving cattle. I haven't played it in a while because I got Uncharted. I need motivation to finish it - do things get more exciting?

Yeah, I lost a lot of motivation to keep on playing especially since you'd reached what you'd think was the game's climax, but it's worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Nathilus posted:

AUGH my loving 360 just shut down and gave me four red lights about an hour after I decided to do another playthrough of the main game. gently caress. poo poo. It's a second generation so it's not unexpected but dammit that doesn't make it hurt less. These things still cost 300 loving bucks.

Always, always, always call customer support before you buy a new one. If they give you the run around just demand to talk to a manager (sometimes takes a bit until they agree) and they'll usually give you a deal.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

Nathilus posted:

It's four and I already tried removing and reataching the AV cable. No good. Thing just went straight out on me in the middle of a game so I'm pretty sure the cable itself is good.

Try buying a replacement cable before you do anything rash. Also, bitch at customer support forever and ever.

Heatvision
Jul 24, 2009
Are any of the metatags for 360 still reasonably active? I could never really get into the multiplayer due to lovely NAT settings, but with a new ISP and setup I can actually join games now... There's something about this game where I keep finding myself coming back to it at least a few days every month, even after getting the 100% achievement.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Bloodcider posted:

Try buying a replacement cable before you do anything rash. Also, bitch at customer support forever and ever.

I'm going to borrow a friend's cable and see if it helps. drat I hope that's it. Apparently the whole connection port can overheat just like the GPU though, and the ticky tack or whatever holds the poo poo together melts and fucks everything up. I'm really hoping it's just the cable. I'm so far out of warranty that they'll likely laugh me off the phone if I have to call in to support.

Anyway, thanks for the advice guys.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Heatvision posted:

Are any of the metatags for 360 still reasonably active? I could never really get into the multiplayer due to lovely NAT settings, but with a new ISP and setup I can actually join games now... There's something about this game where I keep finding myself coming back to it at least a few days every month, even after getting the 100% achievement.
What is your gamertag?

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<

Nathilus posted:

I'm going to borrow a friend's cable and see if it helps. drat I hope that's it. Apparently the whole connection port can overheat just like the GPU though, and the ticky tack or whatever holds the poo poo together melts and fucks everything up. I'm really hoping it's just the cable. I'm so far out of warranty that they'll likely laugh me off the phone if I have to call in to support.

Anyway, thanks for the advice guys.
I'm sure everyone else here knows a lot more about it than I do, but I went through the RRoD circus a few years ago and found out it was my power supply that had died, not the xbox itself. So you might try borrowing your friend's PS too, while you're testing the AV cable.

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

"I've got the knowledge!"

FYI guys all of the DLC content from the preorder bonuses will finally be made available this April. You'll finally be able to spend your Moon Dollars (TM) on the Assassin Outfit, Golden Guns, and the War Horse!

The info was posted on Rockstar's Facebook page this morning.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

A full year after the game's come out, meaning most people have 100%'ed the game several times over and have little desire to play the singleplayer again.

Bravo, Rockstar.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

That Awful Nick posted:

FYI guys all of the DLC content from the preorder bonuses will finally be made available this April. You'll finally be able to spend your Moon Dollars (TM) on the Assassin Outfit, Golden Guns, and the War Horse!

Nice! I'll put down a little cash for this. I hope this year also brings us word on what comes next for Red Dead Redemption 2.

Come on, we know it's coming sooner or later.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
67 new posts oh boy!

Oh no news about a PC release :(

Also The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly was on the other day and it really made me want to go get my American Standardbred and wander around the desert with the buffalo rifle :clint:

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

That Awful Nick posted:

Oh boy, now I can buy all the DLC that Gamestop hosed me over on.

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<

That Awful Nick posted:

vvv Removed it, but spoiler tags are only allowed to be used for spoilers now anyway, so what did you expect?
Nobody reading your post could reasonably expect that your spoiler would contain anything remotely related to the ending of the game, that's all.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Just started the single player and found a treasure map. I got "Rhodes Gold". Do I just sell this at a shop?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Capsaicin posted:

Just started the single player and found a treasure map. I got "Rhodes Gold". Do I just sell this at a shop?

Yeah. You can't do anything special with either the gold or legendary animal parts, which is kinda sad. I think there's nine gold bars in total, each hidden treasure chest will give you a bar and a map for the next one.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

Yeah. You can't do anything special with either the gold or legendary animal parts, which is kinda sad. I think there's nine gold bars in total, each hidden treasure chest will give you a bar and a map for the next one.

gently caress that bro, bars of gold are always cooler than just another stack of cash.

Pyruvate
Apr 4, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

fennesz posted:

gently caress that bro, bars of gold are always cooler than just another stack of cash.

Yeah I kept all my gold and the "trophy" parts of the named animals. Once a taxidermist open up in Blackwater, I'll be all set.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
What is the joke with Herbert Moon? I'm playing poker against him and he seems like a perfectly fine fellow.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Capsaicin posted:

What is the joke with Herbert Moon? I'm playing poker against him and he seems like a perfectly fine fellow.

Yeah I know, those fuckin' Jews ruin everything. I don't get what the big deal is :confused:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

I said come in! posted:

I know what i'll be doing a lot of today.

Do that, but then drop them on a train track.

"When animals attack" turns into "Bear vs Train"

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Where the gently caress are rabbits?

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Capsaicin posted:

Wait until he starts talking about Jews.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
The man just simply does not like fruit. He is completely and utterly hate filled when it comes to the prospect of juice, and how it ends up taking over in what should be a fine complete breakfast, stealing the job of the white milk that was there first.

Apple juice, grape juice, orange juice, to Herbert Moon there is no good juice :colbert:

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Capsaicin posted:

If you don't understand during the regular game, its a lot more obvious (and goddamn hilarious) in Undead Nightmare

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I just accepted a "find all the flowers" bet with a guy, and I lost because he ran off a cliff. :mad:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Capsaicin posted:

I just accepted a "find all the flowers" bet with a guy, and I lost because he ran off a cliff. :mad:

Strange, that sounds like you won. You lost money because of that?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

thrawn527 posted:

Strange, that sounds like you won. You lost money because of that?

Yeah. It said I lost the challenge.

I've also came across a world event immediately after fast traveling where two cougars were attacking a woman. I shot one in bullettime and as soon as I left, it flew two hundred feet up into the air and came crashing down right in front of me.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Motherfucker, I've ridden all over Mexico to try to find this goddamned treasure and I can't. It's the level uh, five one? All I see on the map is a rock formation that looks about two or three Marstons high. Anyone have any tips? Preferably not an exact location, but yeah, I love the treasure hunting though. Do the DLC packs add any new maps?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Capsaicin posted:

Motherfucker, I've ridden all over Mexico to try to find this goddamned treasure and I can't. It's the level uh, five one? All I see on the map is a rock formation that looks about two or three Marstons high. Anyone have any tips? Preferably not an exact location, but yeah, I love the treasure hunting though. Do the DLC packs add any new maps?

Undead Nightmare has new treasure, but the other packs are 99% multiplayer.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Capsaicin posted:

This will lead you right to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3KvZynPU5w

Sorry about that. :ughh:

It's on the west part of the map. The place is near a good place to kill wolves.

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Mar 14, 2011

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Darth Brooks posted:

It kind of saddens me that people give up on finding the treasure for themselves and resort to this. It was one of my favorite parts of the game, and like all good things I wish I could relive it for the first time.

There need to be more games where you can find treasure.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

fennesz posted:

It kind of saddens me that people give up on finding the treasure for themselves and resort to this. It was one of my favorite parts of the game, and like all good things I wish I could relive it for the first time.

There need to be more games where you can find treasure.

Just play a Banjo Kazooie game, plenty of collecting for you.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Capsaicin posted:

Darth Brooks posted:

:doh:

Way to read, jackass.

As for your hint: All the treasures are near something that is labeled on the map, usually in small print... look around the Mexico map for a labeled landmark, and that might give you a clue about where to look. It's intentionally done this way because the whole point of Treasure maps was that they would direct you where to go based on landmarks.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

PhattWebb posted:

Just play a Banjo Kazooie game, plenty of collecting for you.

I mean aspects of seeking and collecting that are actually meaningful. Not just "find 100 jellybeans for an achievement!" I like riding ponies and finding gold :colbert:

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Has anyone had any experiences with Uriah Tollets disappearing? I accidentally opened a drawer behind him, got chased by the Mexican law, and now he's not in the house anymore. My journal says that I need to hunt him down and kill him, and the purple ? is still in that building in Chuparosa. He's not there. Any suggestions?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Sounds like a bug where he got stuck in the wall or something.

Rainbow Teeth
Jan 31, 2009

Pozzo
Nov 4, 2009

What is like posting in a thread?
A Ballista, that's what!

Rainbow Teeth posted:

Exactly what I thought

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Is the multiplayer for the PS3 version still alive? A friend of mine is bringing this to me next week, and it'll be a shame if I can't at least give it a test run.

Any friendly goons up for some rounds? (eventually?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sco Dylan
Feb 27, 2003

Help me help you

Edmond Dantes posted:

Is the multiplayer for the PS3 version still alive? A friend of mine is bringing this to me next week, and it'll be a shame if I can't at least give it a test run.

Any friendly goons up for some rounds? (eventually?)

It was one of the biggest games of the last year, was critically acclaimed and sold a poo poo load of copies, of course it's still alive.

Seriously, this is one of the most annoying questions in the Games forums and it is constant.

• Locked thread