Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Akileese posted:

This was a great observer when he was talking about Chael Sonnen and making him jump through hoops. Then Bryan insinuated he have some sort of physical challenge for him. The Dave Taylor part was definitely the highlight though.

hahaha "maybe give him a ribbon and the hoop and have him do a little routine for us."

e: listening to the post-Victory Road WOR and absolutely dying over Alvarez's comment on the Generation Me promo where Jeremy talks about his being birthday.

Dave: "I wonder if it's really his birthday. Let me check. If it was WWE it'd really be his birthday."
Bryan: "It's probably the other brother's actual birthday. IT'S A SWERVE!"

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Apr 7, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

listened to Karl Stern for the first time today.

that's about all I can say about that.

Karl Stern grows on you. I first listened to his show two years ago and thought "That was horrible... he wasn't prepared, has no charisma and didn't cover any interesting topics!" I gave him a chance months later and started enjoying it. He really shines when he talks about the Pioneer Era.

Also the new back issue covers Rumble 94 and the feedback results are really telling:

ROYAL RUMBLE '94

Thumbs up 120 (28.9%)

Thumbs down 262 (63.1%)

In the middle 33 (08.0%)

BEST MATCH POLL

Harts vs. Quebecers 108

Royal Rumble 41

Tatanka vs. Bigelow 32

Yokozuna vs. Undertaker 30

Ramon vs. IRS 17

WORST MATCH POLL

Undertaker vs. Yokozuna 131

Royal Rumble 51

Tatanka vs. Bigelow 39

Ramon vs. IRS 29

Based on phone calls and fax messages to the Observer as of Tuesday morning, 1/25. Margin of error: Who really knows?

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Apr 7, 2011

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
Today's Art of Wrestling with Luke Gallows is my favorite so far. It may be because I went to the same college as Gallows, and know the football coach he talks about. His story about getting caught while wrestling in a battle royal is great.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

heel turn posted:

Today's Art of Wrestling with Luke Gallows is my favorite so far. It may be because I went to the same college as Gallows, and know the football coach he talks about. His story about getting caught while wrestling in a battle royal is great.

Yeah, I agree, and he's someone I wanted to know more about and how he's been doing since being future endeavoured.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I actually really liked the Limp Bizkit song with Bryan dubbed over the top. :ohdear:

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

LordPants posted:

I actually really liked the Limp Bizkit song with Bryan dubbed over the top. :ohdear:

Probably because it was hilarious.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

LordPants posted:

Probably because less Fred Durst is always an improvement.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Sue Denim posted:

Holy poo poo, I marked the gently caress out hearing the Bryan and Vinny show from the 6th open with Robert Johnston's 'Cross Road Blues'.

Who's the roots fan, does anyone know?

I love the rootsy music the show often opens with because I'm a big fan of it.

Roots music :allears:

The best one was a song about Adam and eve in the garden of Eden and frolicing around where the closing line of the verse was "then he hit eve in the eye with a tater". Vinny let's out the angriest, most confused "WHAT?!" I've ever heard.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I seem to recall a man shootin' his women for fooling around with too many other men. To which Vinny asked "how many is too many?"

May have involved "back door love".

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

MassRayPer posted:

Karl Stern grows on you. I first listened to his show two years ago and thought "That was horrible... he wasn't prepared, has no charisma and didn't cover any interesting topics!" I gave him a chance months later and started enjoying it. He really shines when he talks about the Pioneer Era.

Also the new back issue covers Rumble 94 and the feedback results are really telling:

ROYAL RUMBLE '94

Thumbs up 120 (28.9%)

Thumbs down 262 (63.1%)

In the middle 33 (08.0%)

BEST MATCH POLL

Harts vs. Quebecers 108

Royal Rumble 41

Tatanka vs. Bigelow 32

Yokozuna vs. Undertaker 30

Ramon vs. IRS 17

WORST MATCH POLL

Undertaker vs. Yokozuna 131

Royal Rumble 51

Tatanka vs. Bigelow 39

Ramon vs. IRS 29

Based on phone calls and fax messages to the Observer as of Tuesday morning, 1/25. Margin of error: Who really knows?

This just makes me think about what's going on today with the WWE dropping wrestling from their name and how it's going to kill the business. Back in 94, people were having the same wrestling vs entertainment argument, just about the undertaker.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

The best one was a song about Adam and eve in the garden of Eden and frolicing around where the closing line of the verse was "then he hit eve in the eye with a tater". Vinny let's out the angriest, most confused "WHAT?!" I've ever heard.
Ahhh, pre-depression gender roles expressed through song :allears:

You'd think with all the roots music they play this kind of thing would be common place.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Sue Denim posted:

Ahhh, pre-depression gender roles expressed through song :allears:

You'd think with all the roots music they play this kind of thing would be common place.

I don't think the gender roles was what angered/confused Vinny so much as it was the fact that someone wrote a song about Adam and eve using fruit and veg as projectile weapons.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
That is slightly odd, isn't it?

Especially seeing as there was one much more symbolically loaded and famous form of vegetation in the garden.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I loving died listening to the B&V show today when they argued about whether "dick justice" was a good cause (I stand for dick justice!) or a threat (you've got some dick justice coming)

TomWaitsForNoMan fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Apr 8, 2011

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I loving died listening to the B&V show today when they argued about whether "dick justice" was a good cause (I stand for dick justice!) or a threat (you've got some dick justice coming)

Best part? I haven't listened yet and I'm almost positive I can guess who took what side. (Bryan was 'threat', right?)

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Gaz-L posted:

Best part? I haven't listened yet and I'm almost positive I can guess who took what side. (Bryan was 'threat', right?)

yep

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

My favorite will always be "Heart Boy."

He gives crime a beating.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
Haha, I loved how Bryan ended up a good five or so minutes behind the rest of the show mentally because he was just basking in the brilliance of his own awful joke.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

JohnWilkesGoonth posted:

This just makes me think about what's going on today with the WWE dropping wrestling from their name and how it's going to kill the business. Back in 94, people were having the same wrestling vs entertainment argument, just about the undertaker.

Dave actually discusses how the reaction was polarized. Most people, the traditional wrestling fans thought the show was awful and insulting. The sports entertainment fans liked it a lot. Negative to positive feedback was 2 to 1, but there were still fans who loved the show.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

MassRayPer posted:

Most people, the traditional wrestling fans thought the show was awful and insulting. The sports entertainment fans liked it a lot.

That's interesting, considering it was pretty much universally reviled here.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

http://iwantwrestling.com/2011/04/11/mike-quackenbush-chikara/

Quackenbush on promote this discussing prowrestling, Cabana's adult video, Buying teeth for Balls Mahoney, and how much the ending of Lost pissed him off.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

heel turn posted:

I thought it was the most frustrating episode so far, i really wonder if Colt is avoiding all the interesting subjects on purpose, or whether he just likes the quirky little stories more.

I thought many of his stories were interesting, but i was waiting for them to get to the Straight Edge Society part.

Too many of the talks on the podcast just feels like pure fluff you could read in any interview.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Oasx posted:

I thought it was the most frustrating episode so far, i really wonder if Colt is avoiding all the interesting subjects on purpose, or whether he just likes the quirky little stories more.

I thought many of his stories were interesting, but i was waiting for them to get to the Straight Edge Society part.

Too many of the talks on the podcast just feels like pure fluff you could read in any interview.

I think it's just a case of starting at the beginning and using up all the time they had, he didn't talk much about what he's done since leaving besides the countries and promotions he's been to. Maybe he'll come on again and talk about his SES stories, or maybe it's just a matter of him not wanting to burn any bridges.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I was disproportionally amused by "We're back on Entertainment Observer Live."

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

LordPants posted:

I was disproportionally amused by "We're back on Entertainment Observer Live."

As well as him spending a good five minutes trying to figure out what to call the show now.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Hahaha, there's a dude that called into the LAW to bitch about Rock/Cena and his argument was "Other than Triple H, Undertaker, and Shawn Michaels, who has Cena beat to put him on Rock's level? Rock has more talent in his finger than Cena has in his whole body"

Wrestling's fake, you dum dum!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I would have voted that apples do not indeed, have pits.

Also I really enjoyed the rant about R-Truth being elevated to main event jobber status by being backdoored into the main event via double DQ in a match he was loosing.

Also, the Thriller song was good.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Apr 13, 2011

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
How? How has Bryan not figured out that "Old Man River" segues into "Wild and Young" yet?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I was about six inches away from being a guest on After Dark tonight. I had to tell Bryan I couldn't do it about ten minutes ago and holy hell am I disappointed about that. Stay tuned. I may join MassRayPer's club fairly soon.

We're talking.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.

MassRayPer posted:

I just love the ideas smarks from this era faxing in their opinions on matches as opposed to raging on some internet forum nowadays.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

LividLiquid posted:

I was about six inches away from being a guest on After Dark tonight. I had to tell Bryan I couldn't do it about ten minutes ago and holy hell am I disappointed about that. Stay tuned. I may join MassRayPer's club fairly soon.

We're talking.
What were you going to discuss if you don't mind sharing?

Of course I'll understand if you don't want to mention it yet. I keep on meaning to check this pod cast out but I just haven't got around to it yet even though that kind of stuff really interests me.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Highly recommend the Sean Waltman Figure Four Daily interview. It's about 80 minutes long, but worth the listen.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I will second that, runs the gamut from uplifting to depressing all in one interview. Really sheds light on him.

Intro of the year is the most recent Bryan and Vinny show. I have never laughed so hard in my life. Ever.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

Highly recommend the Sean Waltman Figure Four Daily interview. It's about 80 minutes long, but worth the listen.

I'm listening to it now and I was surprised to learn that Scott Hall passing on coming to the Hall of Fame because he would be tempted was bullshit. Sean said he wasn't allowed to come, they didn't want to take the chance of him being there.

edit: "Sunny's a good chick, she's cool. I've did some messed up things. Ya know I put the poop in her food."

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Apr 15, 2011

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

LordPants posted:

Intro of the year is the most recent Bryan and Vinny show. I have never laughed so hard in my life. Ever.

I knew Bryan's love of old Americana would come back to bite him one day

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I cackled.

Granny's segment was also amazing today. MY HAND FELL ASLEEP!

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Capsaicin posted:

I cackled.

Granny's segment was also amazing today. MY HAND FELL ASLEEP!

I loved that they unwittingly re-enacted the "Beads" "Bees?" "BEADS!" bit from Arrested Development

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I loved that they unwittingly re-enacted the "Beads" "Bees?" "BEADS!" bit from Arrested Development

That was the first thing that came into my head?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Truly a crowning moment in the B&V show. Just when I think this show is redundant and unnecessary, poo poo like this brings me right back in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Should have played "Old Man River", instead.

• Locked thread