Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
We going to see some dream match ups? What would people want to see? (Prince Devitt v Anyone :) )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
I'd love Kota Ibushi v Anyone, myself.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I hope Kawada has one last match and leaves on a high note. Most people consider Misawa or Kobashi to be the best of the All Japan 90s group. I'll always vote Dangerous K. One of the best sellers wrestling has ever seen.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

What are the main matches I want to watch to lead in to the 6/9/95 tag? (Planning to make a donation once I have income.)

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

CM Funk posted:

I'd love Kota Ibushi v Anyone, myself.
...except he's DDT.

Lone Rogue posted:

I hope Kawada has one last match and leaves on a high note. Most people consider Misawa or Kobashi to be the best of the All Japan 90s group. I'll always vote Dangerous K. One of the best sellers wrestling has ever seen.
At this point I'd say it's all or nothing. It would take an incredible amount of work for him to get back in shape.

The Duck of Death posted:

What are the main matches I want to watch to lead in to the 6/9/95 tag? (Planning to make a donation once I have income.)
-Kawada/Taue vs Misawa/Kobashi 12/3/93
-Rematch, 5/21/94
-Misawa vs Kawada 6/3/94
-Hansen, Kobashi & Akiyama vs Kawada, Ace & Omori, 4/15/95
-Misawa vs Taue 4/15/95 (it helps to know that Misawa got his face broken by Kawada prior to this)

Optional matches:
-Tag rematch, 1/24/95
-Taue vs Kobashi, Champions Carnival '95
-Misawa vs Kawada, Champions Carnival '95
-Kawada vs Kobashi, Champions Carnival '95

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
The biggest Best of the Super Juniors field ever.

A Block
Prince Devitt
Koji Kanemoto
Tiger Mask
Taichi
Jado
Davey Richards
TJP
Kenny Omega
Hayato "Jr." Fujita

B Block
Jushin "Thunder" Liger
Rysuke Taguchi
KUSHIDA
Gedo
Daisuke Sasaki
Mascara Dorada
TAKA Michinoku
Kota Ibushi
Great Sasuke

guys I don't think Low Ki will beat Devitt next month

Jenzar El
Aug 16, 2010

by angerbeet
Ditch, post that picture of Kawada you talked about last page of him being all out of shape and poo poo

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Ditch posted:

A Block
Prince Devitt
Koji Kanemoto
Tiger Mask
Taichi
Jado
Davey Richards
TJP
Kenny Omega
Hayato "Jr." Fujita

B Block
Jushin "Thunder" Liger
Rysuke Taguchi
KUSHIDA
Gedo
Daisuke Sasaki
Mascara Dorada
TAKA Michinoku
Kota Ibushi
Great Sasuke

Marking.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Kawada:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs737.ash1/163059_10150106142911098_189144446097_7532749_5122092_n.jpg

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Good god. :stare:

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Gotta love the crudely added 'sunglasses'.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I just realized we're getting Liger vs. Sasuke in 2011.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

He looks like a fan.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

HulkaMatt posted:

Who would have thought back in 1994 that Great Sasuke would still be going strong and show little sign of aging?

Jenzar El
Aug 16, 2010

by angerbeet
That looks nothing like him, jesus.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
Kawada with his dentures in looks weird anyway. The fact he's sweaty, looks emaciated, and surrounded by marks doesn't help. Bony rib cage woman ugh.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

HulkaMatt posted:

AND TAKA vs. Sasuke in 2011. ...Have Kanemoto and Davey ever faced each other in NJ?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I think they had a mini mini feud.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Davey Richards aside, that BOSJ field looks awesome, but I remember how loaded '04 was and I ended up pretty disappointed.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

thatguyclint posted:

Have Kanemoto and Davey ever faced each other in NJ?
Kanemoto's 20th anniversary match was against Davey.

Kawada looks like he spent the time since his last NOAH tour trapped in that couple's cellar.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Apr 20, 2011

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Davey Richards aside, that BOSJ field looks awesome, but I remember how loaded '04 was and I ended up pretty disappointed.

Davey Richards than like better than half of the field

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

Ditch posted:

A Block
Prince Devitt
Koji Kanemoto
Tiger Mask
Taichi
Jado
Davey Richards
TJP
Kenny Omega
Hayato "Jr." Fujita

B Block
Jushin "Thunder" Liger
Rysuke Taguchi
KUSHIDA
Gedo
Daisuke Sasaki
Mascara Dorada
TAKA Michinoku
Kota Ibushi
Great Sasuke

So how does this work? Everyone in each block fights eachother once like mini leagues and the top 2 of each block do a playoff type thing?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I think after everyone fights each other you get:

#1 Block A vs. #2 Block B

#2 Block A vs. #1 Block B

and whoever wins those 2 matches fight to win the tournament.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

HulkaMatt posted:

I think after everyone fights each other you get:

#1 Block A vs. #2 Block B

#2 Block A vs. #1 Block B

and whoever wins those 2 matches fight to win the tournament.

That makes sense. Is there a chance these will be uploaded to youtube or something as the tourney goes on or do they collect them all together for DVD or something?

Also this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejZUzOXpPpc owns. Its the NJPW official announcement video.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Captain Charisma posted:

Davey Richards than like better than half of the field

To each their own. I think he's awful and comes of like a massive geek trying to be a badass.

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Apr 20, 2011

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

MrMondayNight posted:

That makes sense. Is there a chance these will be uploaded to youtube or something as the tourney goes on or do they collect them all together for DVD or something?

Also this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejZUzOXpPpc owns. Its the NJPW official announcement video.

Last year they were kind enough to upload a whole poo poo load of matches to Youtube. The NJPW Youtube is awesome because they upload so much great stuff but they take them all down and it's annoying and :arghfist:. Most of the stuff that wasn't uploaded eventually found its way onto the internet.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Loved watching Ultimo/Otani. Also loved that Separados played after the match rather than that goofy "She's Got a Secret" song.

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Apr 20, 2011

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

HulkaMatt posted:

Last year they were kind enough to upload a whole poo poo load of matches to Youtube. The NJPW Youtube is awesome because they upload so much great stuff but they take them all down and it's annoying and :arghfist:. Most of the stuff that wasn't uploaded eventually found its way onto the internet.

G1 climaxes afaik are available on DVD from the NJPW store, but they cost a bit. I assume that the super juniors would be the same.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Yeah, last year they put all the tournament matches that weren't on the televised shows on their Youtube channel (single-camera shot and without commentary). Most of these are on small shows with the wrestlers holding back a bit, but I still hope they do it again this year because I'm looking forward to every matchup in Block B that doesn't involve Taguchi.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Apr 20, 2011

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2011/04/21/puroresu-pulse-issue-194-more-with-hisa/
THIS WEEK: More Hisa and the best of last year.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Marufuji... :negative:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

Marufuji... :negative:

NOAH is cursed I tells ya, CURSED!

El Duke Silver
Aug 15, 2008

rarely goes out and should never be approached

KungFu Grip posted:

NOAH is cursed I tells ya, CURSED!

Misawa!!! :argh:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The Zero-1 anniversary show was just sick, sick sick. Everyone should watch it.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I just watched a match where the story centered on one wrestler grabbing the other dude's penis for 10 minutes.

Only in Japan.

Also, should I read anything into Richards going over Devitt in a tag match? I presume that foreigners don't win tournaments unless they're sticking around full time right?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Davey is in Super Juniors so he might become a regular. But he had some big matches previously without becoming 'every tour'. I doubt he wins the tournament.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
So Ice Ribbon is going to be doing an 8-team tournament to determine the number one contenders for their tag belts. And I think they may have pulled out the team to top Miyako/Kasai in terms of pure :psyduck:.

RandyOrtonIsMyGod
May 12, 2009

Now divinely touched by RK-Pyro

Suben posted:

So Ice Ribbon is going to be doing an 8-team tournament to determine the number one contenders for their tag belts. And I think they may have pulled out the team to top Miyako/Kasai in terms of pure :psyduck:.

Words can't describe this (particularly the bottom pic).

:psyduck: indeed

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Suben posted:

I think Riho was already a part of a stranger team....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I think Kenny Omega was supposed to team up with them.