Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

jeffersonlives posted:

Better yet, just go download ADRENALINE FLUSH on The Board.

This alone is reason to subscribe. If you only stay on for one month, just download this. It's worth the subscription price alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
I just listened to an episode of After Dark for the first time yesterday, they're pretty good from what I've heard. It's nice having that kind of stuff discussed with a host as down to earth as Bryan as typically these topics of discussion and nutbars go hand in hand.

I used to post on a forum for the paranormal/conspiracies and it's amazing how quickly posting somewhere like that you discover that the image of tin foil hat wearing fruit loops isn't just an exaggerative one.

I swear every fortnight there would be at least one topic posted by someone who claimed to be a werewolf.

I was always battling silly stuff like that via debate over there until someone said I was far too rational and logical for the site and suggested I should post somewhere more like SA and that's how I ended up here!

So next time one of my excessively lengthy posts frustrates one of you you can blame the warewolfs and tin foil hat wearers for sending me here.

Sue Denim fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Apr 17, 2011

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Is there a sample issue of the Wrestling Observer available somewhere? I'd like to see what an example of it is before I decide if I should subscribe.

Tarasenko Tank
Apr 17, 2011
Has Wrestling Observer posted it's review of Lockdown yet? And if so, did Meltzer like it?

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

Tarasenko Tank posted:

Has Wrestling Observer posted it's review of Lockdown yet? And if so, did Meltzer like it?

The PBP and radio show are up, and somewhat.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Tarasenko Tank posted:

Alvarez and Meltzer like the Angle/Jarrett and Lethal Lockdown matches and that's it. I can't explain how either of them liked Angle/Jarrett as it was pretty terrible in my view.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I know I'm way late, but I just listened to the 4/15 B&V show after reading everyone talking about how great the intro was. Didn't think it'd be that hilarious. I was wrong.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Deadpool posted:

Alvarez and Meltzer like the Angle/Jarrett and Lethal Lockdown matches and that's it. I can't explain how either of them liked Angle/Jarrett as it was pretty terrible in my view.

I have stopped reading reports of TNA ppvs now and just listen to the show and hear things like "near falls in a submissions match" and "nearly killed himself doing a power bomb" and "hitting him on the head with a kendo stick" and "daniels wrestled two matches" and " they eliminated all their good workers first" :psyduck:

What a company. Still not as good as "nearfalls on an iceflow"

Also, I listened to Karl Stern, he has really grown on me. Quite enjoy his stuff now.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Jack Bass and Ed Jacula.

:)

And everything else on this show.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

"If you hit him with a Truck, he's fine"

edit: which episode was the "nearfalls on an iceflow" on?

Manic_Misanthrope fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Apr 20, 2011

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

"If you hit him with a Truck, he's fine"

edit: which episode was the "nearfalls on an iceflow" on?

March 14th, directly after Victory Road

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/19817/150/

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Which one of you turned in the shout out to NWA: Mountain State? The good news is that Bryan said he should check it out.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Grant DaNasty posted:

Which one of you turned in the shout out to NWA: Mountain State? The good news is that Bryan said he should check it out.
Haha I was coming to post the exact same thing. Everyone seen Bryan an email telling him to review NWA:MS show next week.

Bryan: "I haven't seen Mountain State Wrestling but it's begging to be watched."

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Grant DaNasty posted:

Yo. We will not stop mentioning it until he watches it.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Korak posted:

Haha I was coming to post the exact same thing. Everyone seen Bryan an email telling him to review NWA:MS show next week.

Bryan: "I haven't seen Mountain State Wrestling but it's begging to be watched."
Well all the people who watch and have observer subs have been hammering him on twitter and emails to watch. I was actually going to use my shout out for it but I forgot.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Isn't Bryan the guy who does the exact opposite when people bug him to do something?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

triplexpac posted:

Isn't Bryan the guy who does the exact opposite when people bug him to do something?

Only if they're jerks about it. Hopefully everyone here is politely requesting him.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Ed Jackula holy :lol:

EDIT: I like that Vinny does his long summary of the Million Dollar Belt skit, there's pregnant pause, and Bryan pipes in with "What if we just called him 'Count Jackula'?". I died.

TomWaitsForNoMan fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 20, 2011

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Jackula, Hillbilly Jim-Red Rooster discussion was loving HILARIOUS.

A MAN'S GIMMICK IS A CHICKEN.

A CHICKEN!

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Apr 20, 2011

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
I love how much Vinny absolutely despises the opening Morrison and Truth promo

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

sportsgenius86 posted:

The Jackula, Hillbilly Jim-Red Rooster discussion was loving HILARIOUS.

A MAN'S GIMMICK IS A CHICKEN.

A CHICKEN!

HE DOESN'T HAVE A LAST NAME!

HIS FIRST NAME IS "HILLBILLY"!

Monarchy
Apr 4, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Akileese posted:

This alone is reason to subscribe. If you only stay on for one month, just download this. It's worth the subscription price alone.

Nthing this. I haven't even bothered with the new stuff yet. Holy jesus it's a comedy goldmine.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Does anyone else now avoid this thread before listening to new B&V shows to avoid rant and joke spoilers? I don't care about Smackdown spoilers, but I need to avoid reading spoilers about what pissed Bryan off!

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.

MassRayPer posted:

Does anyone else now avoid this thread before listening to new B&V shows to avoid rant and joke spoilers? I don't care about Smackdown spoilers, but I need to avoid reading spoilers about what pissed Bryan off!

Impact!

Really enjoyed B&V today. I must be in the mood for juvenile humour, because I thought the Undertaker's Dong song was even funnier the second time, and I thought Bryan was a pussy for cutting off whatever that other creepy song was.

Borh fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 20, 2011

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Borh posted:

I thought Bryan was a pussy for cutting off whatever that other creepy song was.

I was disappointed. I wanted to know whether Bryan wanted Vinny to blow him or mount him first.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

What pissed Bryan off: everything

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

JohnWilkesGoonth posted:

What pissed Bryan off: everything

Except his cats. His cats are awesome.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Except his cats. His cats are awesome.
No his cats piss him off a lot too.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Big Bob Pataki posted:

I love how much Vinny absolutely despises the opening Morrison and Truth promo

"I hope Truth gets drafted to CZW!"

Haller
Jan 29, 2008

The last minute of the Smackdown review had me near tears

"CONTINUE THE REVIEW!" (you peasant) and "Booker called him the underrated wrest...most underrated superstar in the WWE. I loled"

Me too Vinny. Me too.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Ed Jackula holy :lol:

EDIT: I like that Vinny does his long summary of the Million Dollar Belt skit, there's pregnant pause, and Bryan pipes in with "What if we just called him 'Count Jackula'?". I died.
I was really hoping Bryan would say "he'll JACK you!' as a Heart Boy throwback reference.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
President Nixon was a worker

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Carrot Top should cut his hair and dye it brown. It would help his comedy career.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Oh Vinny hates that Truth-JoMo segment so much...

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Tonight's show. My favorite part.

Bryan: This Angelina, Winter, and Velvet storyline is the worst storyline in wrestling in maybe the entire decade.
Vinny: The might be worse than Edge and Kane feud...
Bryan: OH BGJIDGNBY! BY FAR! BY. FAR.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

For some reason my iTunes is telling me that there's a problem downloading WO podcasts (I only get the free ones) and I don't know why, I deleted it and re-subbed but it's still having the same issue. Any ideas?

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.
Vinny with the line of the month, yesterday: "Eric Bischoff demoted [Miss Tessmacher] to being a pro wrestler, because that is a lower status than whore".

Frilled Lizard
May 22, 2004

WOOF WOOF WOOF
YOU KNOW IT

Grant DaNasty posted:

I'm listening to it now and I was surprised to learn that Scott Hall passing on coming to the Hall of Fame because he would be tempted was bullshit. Sean said he wasn't allowed to come, they didn't want to take the chance of him being there.

edit: "Sunny's a good chick, she's cool. I've did some messed up things. Ya know I put the poop in her food."

2 pages back, but I finally subscribed and listened to this... great interview. I like his followup to the Sunny comment... "I apologized for it, but she was so hammered I'm pretty sure she doesn't remember it".

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Listening to the WO Raw Review this morning, it really hit me how the WWE has dropped the ball with Daniel Bryan. Stupid WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
Well maybe one of the Smackdown writers is a fan of his and will push for him to come to SD and hopefully he'll get hot again with a new angle.

• Locked thread