Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Well, I guess Ippo's weakness really is that he is an emotionally immature manchild. That guy is remarkably astute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Ippo's opponent should have come out in drag, thus guaranteeing that Ippo will never lay a finger on him.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I hate you, Morikawa.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Oh for fucks sake Morikawa. Can't you let Ippo be cool just this once?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Please die Mori. I'm going to pretend this managa ended after Takamura beat Hawk.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

KidDynamite posted:

Please die Mori. I'm going to pretend this managa ended after Takamura beat Hawk.

Takamura vs Eagle was pretty good too (though admittedly not as climatic as the hawk fight)

Kweh
Jul 20, 2006

ROYAL
STRAIGHT
FLUSH
Guys he is just looking like that because this is the first time he has ever killed a man.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I think it would be funny if all of the commentators were wrong, and that level of tension drives Ippo to greater feats of boxing.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Since anything anyone ever says is wrong, it looks like Ippo will get the one hit ko, and everyone will explain in hindsight why it happened.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Sir Lucius posted:

Since anything anyone ever says is wrong, it looks like Ippo will get the one hit ko, and everyone will explain in hindsight why it happened.

"He punched his brain out the back his head."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
"He unleashed Ippo's inner romantic. Unfortunately, Ippo's idea of romance consists of punching someone in the head very hard until they pass out."

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Still better than the guy from Bakuman's ever gonna get.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Chapter's up

/edit:
http://i55.tinypic.com/wwelx0.jpg

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 20, 2011

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Even in a manga notorious for being slow paced, that was remarkably bad. Oh, they are standing around! Now they are looking at each other! How exciting.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
...If all this build up doesn't lead to a OHKO I'm going to be pissed.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Okay I'm not sure if this is intentionally meant to piss off the readers as much as Ippo is pissed off too

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

ilifin posted:

Okay I'm not sure if this is intentionally meant to piss off the readers as much as Ippo is pissed off too

"I didn't want... to read this manga anymore. I didn't want to remember any of it. I wanted to forget about all of it. In my chest and my head, there's this dull blackness swirling around. I've never felt this way before. I don't want to read this manga anymore!"

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Really, we had 3 pages on the mystery of the bell that wouldn't ring?! MORIKAWA!!!

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
This chapter moved slower than Ippo and Kumi's relationship. I wasn't aware that was even possible :(

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
This loving Morikawa guy. Just when I thought he couldn't delay any longer...

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

This is really, really, really, really loving boring.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Hortism posted:

Really, we had 3 pages on the mystery of the bell that wouldn't ring?! MORIKAWA!!!

I'm positive the dude is just trolling now. Maybe next week we'll get only 7 pages and someone will start to throw a punch.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

gently caress you, Morikawa.

I don't know why the gently caress I started reading this piece of poo poo manga again. I'm a loving sucker.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President
This whole page reads like a meeting for battered wives.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I've stopped reading the comic literally years ago at this point. I just keep up with the thread to watch people moan about the quality while pretending like it could ever, would ever get better.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I started reading again because people in this thread said a recent chapter was good. Obviously, it was not.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Well, despite all my negativity towards, I actually still like reading it. Sure it's not as good as it once was, but I'm genuinely eager to find out what's going to happen. Unless it's another Woli type fight.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Hortism posted:

Well, despite all my negativity towards, I actually still like reading it. Sure it's not as good as it once was, but I'm genuinely eager to find out what's going to happen. Unless it's another Woli type fight.

Ippo is going to win. There is no other outcome. I don't ... I mean what do you think could happen?

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Well, yeah, obviously. But stillm it's nice to see how!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I didn't think it was physically possible to enjoy reading that last chapter.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I was sure there was no way to stretch that out any further without starting the fight. Goddammit, this manga didn't used to be like this.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Ironsoviet posted:

I was sure there was no way to stretch that out any further without starting the fight. Goddammit, this manga didn't used to be like this.

Depends on what you mean by used to be. It's been like this for nearly three years at this point.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

DamnGlitch posted:

Depends on what you mean by used to be. It's been like this for nearly three years at this point.

Don't ruin nostalgia with little things like 'facts'.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Eh, whatever. I just read Ippo casually and it's seemed alright to me. It's still better than some other big series like Bleach, even if it's moving a little slowly.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Ironsoviet posted:

This manga is literally Abe Simpson standing at a supermarket check-out with one bottle of men's tonic talking to the cashier about the story behind the reason the nickel he's looking for in the loafer he's lost has a funny-shaped nick in it.

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005
Master of procrastination
Chapter 934

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005
Master of procrastination
HOLD A TO CHARGE YOUR LASER

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
I've seen slow moving chapters, but holy gently caress, literally nothing happened this chapter. Nothing. That wasn't tense, that was boring.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

MAYBE DON'T STEAL BEER FROM GOONS?

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
I hope next chapter his hair starts glowing and he starts grunting while pebbles levitate around him then explode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench posted:

I hope next chapter his hair starts glowing and he starts grunting while pebbles levitate around him then explode.

But what is Kojima gathers the dragonballs and wishes for a chapter that isn't lovely?!?