Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarasenko Tank
Apr 17, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Listening to the WO Raw Review this morning, it really hit me how the WWE has dropped the ball with Daniel Bryan. Stupid WWE.
Another great line: "I thought they were going to announce later tonight that Smackdown was drafted to Monday nights."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Tarasenko Tank posted:

Another great line: "I thought they were going to announce later tonight that Smackdown was drafted to Monday nights."

Speaking of Bryan, even though it's not podcast related, in figure four weekly this week I got a fantastic mental image from this.

quote:

Smackdown is also on Tuesdays, the day after they've re-written Raw a hundred times, so Vince doesn't go in there with his flaming sword and tear everything apart right and left.

He was talking about Daniel Bryan and I just got this image of Vince walking through Gorilla, flaming sword in hand beheading creative workers for having awful ideas. It made me laugh for hours.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I am soooo happy that Bryan and Vinny reviewed Tuesday Night Titans this week. I watched it a few days ago and the match with the blue box was hilarious.

X-O fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Apr 27, 2011

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

is anyone else really annoyed with bryans new habit of saying like "i could not buh-LEEEVE" or "rueaaeeeally???"

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

The Shaman of Cum posted:

is anyone else really annoyed with bryans new habit of saying like "i could not buh-LEEEVE" or "rueaaeeeally???"

It's no more annoying than "And they did this WHYYYY?!" or any of his other verbal tics

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

It's no more annoying than "And they did this WHYYYY?!" or any of his other verbal tics

None of which are new. But the "I could not buh-LEEEVE" does, for whatever reason, make me angry.

Nothing is as bad as the nyupp, though.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

None of which are new. But the "I could not buh-LEEEVE" does, for whatever reason, make me angry.

Nothing is as bad as the nyupp, though.

nyupp?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

nyupp?

That's what board people call his weird yup-like noise he makes when agreeing with something. It's more a yup than a nyupp, but nyupp stuck somehow.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
The only tic that used to annoy me was Dave's constant "y'know"s, but now I don't even notice them anymore.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

triplexpac posted:

The only tic that used to annoy me was Dave's constant "y'know"s, but now I don't even notice them anymore.

I only notice them when he gets into an endless loop of them while in the middle of a sentence

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's just one of those things...

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
gently caress, someone got some Todd in my Storm.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Quackenbush is... a really weird interview.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MassRayPer posted:

gently caress

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

MassRayPer posted:

gently caress

Glad to see other people dislike Todd as well.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

He was kinda boring but other than that I didn't mind.

I would listen to lance storm everyday, though.

The only thing I really disliked lately is Bryan ranting about some dude on the board for like 10 minutes. I just don't give a poo poo.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Bryan's verbal tics, to me, were an extension of his real life gimmick: Angry, boisterous, tiny man. Just like Dave is a wrestling encyclopedia cyborg.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.

Captain Charisma posted:

Bryan's verbal tics, to me, were an extension of his real life gimmick: Angry, boisterous, tiny man. Just like Dave is a wrestling encyclopedia cyborg.

If he replaced his "y'know"s with "Searching... please wait", the gimmick would be flawless.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

todd martin is easily the worst contributor to f4w and this includes jez and les thatcher

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

todd martin is easily the worst contributor to f4w and this includes jez and les thatcher

I dislike Todd Martin greatly but he isn't worse than Jez.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

and this includes jez

Now wait a second.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Refresh my memory: who is Jez?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CVagts posted:

Refresh my memory: who is Jez?

The video game guy.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.

MassRayPer posted:

The video game guy.

Christ, that guy is terrible. The only worthwhile thing he's ever done on the show was to let Bryan know that he could play Dig Dug online, for free.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Borh posted:

Christ, that guy is terrible. The only worthwhile thing he's ever done on the show was to let Bryan know that he could play Dig Dug online, for free.

For what it's worth, Jez provided some great comedy on the Board. Like the time he freaked out because Bryan didn't return his email quickly enough or something, which culminated with a meltdown where he claimed he had evidence that could destroy Figure Four / Wrestling Observer.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

If you are a member of the site just read this thread for the big Jez meltdown in 2009.

His username is zurroadie and he starts posting on page 2.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Apr 28, 2011

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I never really went on the board, but I knew that there were issues with Jez just from the fact that Vinny seemed to hate him, and Vinny really doesn't give a poo poo about the board at all.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Capsaicin posted:

I never really went on the board, but I knew that there were issues with Jez just from the fact that Vinny seemed to hate him, and Vinny really doesn't give a poo poo about the board at all.

Bryan also announced on the B and V show that someone was banned because he'd received a never ending streams of emails about it. Judging from the content of that board and the amount of poo poo on it, if people want you banned you really must be a terrible poster there.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

I had never read that Jez thread before and it's an awesome meltdown.

Akileese posted:

Bryan also announced on the B and V show that someone was banned because he'd received a never ending streams of emails about it. Judging from the content of that board and the amount of poo poo on it, if people want you banned you really must be a terrible poster there.

That was Rovert. I don't frequent The Board that much either, because it's mostly filled with annoying, unfunny trolls, but I swear to God, every single thread I ever clicked on, this dude had a reply within the first 5 posts. He had something like over 50 thousand posts total and I'm willing to bet that 90% of them were of the low content poo poo-post variety that would get you banned from SA in less than a week.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Ha, I was going to finally use my B&V shoutout to promote NWA:Mountain State and beg Bryan to ban Rovert. 1/2 accomplished. The guy was a major troll and shithead.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Borh posted:

I had never read that Jez thread before and it's an awesome meltdown.

That was Rovert. I don't frequent The Board that much either, because it's mostly filled with annoying, unfunny trolls, but I swear to God, every single thread I ever clicked on, this dude had a reply within the first 5 posts. He had something like over 50 thousand posts total and I'm willing to bet that 90% of them were of the low content poo poo-post variety that would get you banned from SA in less than a week.

Ahh yeah that was it. Like I said, I don't frequent it that much. I only read threads that people tell me I have to read, like the Jez thread which is loving comedy gold.

And I really don't like Todd Martin. He brings nothing positive to any show he's on.

e: I still have my shout out but with more than a few people using it for NWA:MS, I'm going to save it for the next ridiculous indy promotion that some goon discovers.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I confused rovert with markren, who is just a bad poster and overall dumbass.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Wow, rovert was finally banned? Good poo poo.

And the video game guy was awful. His video game reviews were as long as some Observer newsletters. Absolutely ridiculous.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

12,000 word review of UFC Undisputed 2010 still makes me laugh.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

12,000 word review of UFC Undisputed 2010 still makes me laugh.

hahaha is this a real thing?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

sportsgenius86 posted:

hahaha is this a real thing?

Members only but:

Yes

ALSO EA MMA

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.
Has anyone seen the Tom Magee vs Bret Hart match that Colt mentions on the WO podcast today? I want to see it so badly - sounds amazing.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

MassRayPer posted:

I confused rovert with markren, who is just a bad poster and overall dumbass.

To be completely honest, you could pick out any name on the Board at random and you probably have at worst a 50% chance it's a poo poo poster. There are so many gimmicks and maladjusted twats there it's almost mind-blowing.

Markren (or is it Makren, anyway who cares) is the resident podcast listener, and by that I mean he listens to every wrestling podcast possible and tries to hype each and every one of them up regardless of quality. I do not know why he does this - if he has his own show and hopes some sort of karmic juju will descend upon him and give him listeners or what, but it's rather mystifying.

And then there's Supersonic, who threadshit on the Larry Sweeney memorial thread, claiming he was a crook and a liar. It eventually came out Supersonic gave Sweeney an extra Wrestlemania ticket years ago that he just happened to have, and Sweeney never got him back. Keep in mind Sweeney was completely off the deep end at the time and probably had no recollection of any of it. Supersonic has been relentlessly mocked ever since.

Jez has been brought up, and to be fair to him if he isn't a complete and total shut-in, then he has Asperger's Syndrome.

Who else... Cheekbone, a gimmick account who responds to practically every radio show thread with "won't listen" and generally wishes harm on Alvarez. There's Randy Ortans Truck, who is either a gimmick, 13 years old, or a complete idiot. Same with Brockzilla.

But you take all that, and at least you can look at most of it and laugh. With Rovert, the real problem was people would respond to him and threads would turn into multiple pages long BS. It got very tiresome, and in a lot of ways, sad.

The Board is in many ways a fantastic social experiment, the more I look at it.

Euthyphro posted:

Has anyone seen the Tom Magee vs Bret Hart match that Colt mentions on the WO podcast today? I want to see it so badly - sounds amazing.

I did a Google search there are tons of threads about people trying to find it. The only hope may be to petition Dave to rip it, which won't likely happen.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Euthyphro posted:

I remember reading about that guy in Bret's book I think. From what I remember he was really lovely. I haven't heard the podcast yet though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I did a Google search there are tons of threads about people trying to find it. The only hope may be to petition Dave to rip it, which won't likely happen.

With Dave's technological savvy this would lead to him tearing the VHS tape out of the black plastic and shoving it into his computer's floppy drive.

• Locked thread