Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Started listening to SWF Classic, thanks to Dshban's Dad for the hosting, will be going through those as fast as server downtime and my parent's awful connection allows. Pretty interesting to be taken back to 2005 and hearing about the potential of that hot prospect Mohammed Hassan and the almost assured return of Brock Lesnar. they just talked about Kerwin White though, which reminded me that the first of two really depressing spots are coming up.

Wiggly sounds totally different to how I'm used to hearing him, like he's sedated or something. I like them talking about how they mean to tighten the show up from the first episode's 80 minutes, since before that I had listened to this week's four and a half hour episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Listening to Adrenaline Flushes, who is this Brent Kremen guy Bryan and Vinny are willing to beat to death?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Listening to Adrenaline Flushes, who is this Brent Kremen guy Bryan and Vinny are willing to beat to death?

One of their friends. I think he legitimately has Aspergers, and he has been institutionalized on two separate occasions.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

He's the legend who single-handedly put a stop to the Wrestlemania XIX press conference by asking Vince a question about steroids. He's also a renowned scholar of judaism and a world-class ballroom dancer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew1PTNYugd4

Seriously, he's Bryan's slightly (some would say completely) insane Jewish friend who used to be a regular in the early years of the Bryan and Vinny show and still makes the occasional appearance.

You can check out the Bryan and Vinny Rewind for more of him, especially in the early episodes. At the very least you should listen to the August 2010 one (vol. 61), covering his antics at Bryan's wedding, because it's some of the funniest poo poo I've ever listened to.

Haller
Jan 29, 2008

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

You joined at a good time.

That was your shout out on the latest B&V, right? If so, glad you're enjoying the empire.

That it was. I cracked up when Vinny missed the Billy Madison reference at the end. Not a big deal though, it was well worth it.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly

HOLY poo poo there is a video!?!

Astounding.

edit: also, the Flush archives apparently updated. Five new eps! (Sept 2010 thru Jan 2011).

Space Cob fucked around with this message at 03:30 on May 6, 2011

Bikeage
Nov 10, 2009
And the video dating ad he did was in the related videos!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY60wbTotIc&feature=related
A legend, that Brent Kremen.

TLM
Mar 3, 2009
For the guys who are just starting out with Bryan and Dave, here's a little video that sums up that they do indeed live in a wrestling bubble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxLZA_VgszU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

TLM posted:

For the guys who are just starting out with Bryan and Dave, here's a little video that sums up that they do indeed live in a wrestling bubble.

:wth:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bikeage posted:

And the video dating ad he did was in the related videos!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY60wbTotIc&feature=related
A legend, that Brent Kremen.

I've always been slightly amazed that Brent never found a second career as a TV pundit. Well, first career I suppose.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Borh posted:

You can check out the Bryan and Vinny Rewind for more of him, especially in the early episodes. At the very least you should listen to the August 2010 one (vol. 61), covering his antics at Bryan's wedding, because it's some of the funniest poo poo I've ever listened to.

Best part of that episode was "No Brent. I'm not going to let you in if you're just going to go up to Dave Meltzer and ask about his son's penis"

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm the guest on After Dark tomorrow. Should be fun considering how carefully I have to watch my language. Can't talk about any specifics.

This might be the worst show ever.

gibsonisacripple
Feb 24, 2001

CHAMPIONS

Borh posted:

He's the legend who single-handedly put a stop to the Wrestlemania XIX press conference by asking Vince a question about steroids. He's also a renowned scholar of judaism and a world-class ballroom dancer.

Is there any audio of this?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

LividLiquid posted:

I'm the guest on After Dark tomorrow. Should be fun considering how carefully I have to watch my language. Can't talk about any specifics.

What's this about? Are you a space man?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

What's this about? Are you a space man?
Ghosts.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Goddamn B&V tore that Impact episode apart. With good reason, it was a bad one. At least there was no Anderson though.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

LividLiquid posted:

Pitch NWA:MS to him off the air! This is paramount!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

did anyone listen to Maffew's Botchacast? It was a little rough and ready, but he had some insightful opinions. Here's hoping it's the start of something interesting.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

TLM posted:

I think someone sends this question in every once in a while and I'm fairly sure they still haven't been smartened up about it.

So sad to see the gimmick "The Frugal Canadian" Bret Hart never got over.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Oh my God "The Paper Bag Bandit" loving killed me

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.

gibsonisacripple posted:

Is there any audio of this?

By all rights there should be, but I've never been able to find it.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

LividLiquid posted:

Really looking forward to this LL, I've missed After Dark the past couple of weeks and I'll be really interested to hear you on it, plus I'm interested in your topic.

Haha 'The Happy Clowns', that was the BEST thing EVER.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Korak posted:

I think someone sends this question in every once in a while and I'm fairly sure they still haven't been smartened up about it.

So sad to see the gimmick "The Frugal Canadian" Bret Hart never got over.

It has only been asked once. At least, they have only been oblivious to it once.

Monarchy
Apr 4, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
The link to Smart Pokemon Fan no longer works. :(

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Granny was such a bitch tonight.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Capsaicin posted:

Granny was such a bitch tonight.

I used to love Granny segments but I skip them most weeks these days. I listened to half of today's segment and then had to skip it.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Oh my God "The Paper Bag Bandit" loving killed me

Bryan as a lovable drunken tramp is gold.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

MassRayPer posted:

I used to love Granny segments but I skip them most weeks these days. I listened to half of today's segment and then had to skip it.

There's no novelty to them anymore. Granny says something mildly racist or mispronounces something while Bryan and Vinny laugh. Lather, rinse, repeat.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I started skipping Granny segments about six months ago and I haven't missed them. She's a sweet lady but the novelty kind of wore off.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

agreed

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I don't think I've ever listened to more than 5 minutes of one.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

there are some really good ones and each week there is probably one thing that is funny but it's real repetitive and dumb now.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

This week's wasn't so bad because B&V sort of make their own fun along the way.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Interview didn't go super-great. Definitely gonna' have a few before I give it a listen.

Not up yet but it should be soonish unless it was so bad it doesn't make it to air.

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost

CoronaLargesse posted:

The link to Smart Pokemon Fan no longer works. :(

http://www.mediafire.com/?yqxdhlu3ocjj80x

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

LividLiquid posted:

Interview didn't go super-great. Definitely gonna' have a few before I give it a listen.

Not up yet but it should be soonish unless it was so bad it doesn't make it to air.

I see you are billed as "a man named Joe talks apparitions". For some reason this has me intrigued.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I was skipping Granny segments in 2006

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

the Granny bit a couple weeks ago about the PX3 and the XBOX36 was loving hilarious

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
Maybe it's because I've only been listening for a couple of months but I adore Granny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Sue Denim posted:

Maybe it's because I've only been listening for a couple of months but I adore Granny.

why does this not surprise me?

• Locked thread