Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
Because I'm a mega sissy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Sue Denim posted:

Because I'm a mega sissy.

Nah, we were all like you in the beginning.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
Jesus christ Joe, stay away from me and don't you dare even read my posts, you are haunted!

No, but seriously, that was a fascinating interview. You did sound quite nervous but given that you knew you were being recorded for a pod cast and what you were discussing it's totally understandable and I for one would have sounded much, much worse if I were in that situation I have to say.

You definitely didn't come off as a nut bar or anything, you sounded very level headed and sensible in your assessments. You were also not boring to listen to because you were a bit animated with your speech.

I'm also very much of the same mind on the issue as you are despite not having any experiences myself, but my two aunts have had according to them quite a few similar experiences and one of them is even a professional medium and from the stories they've told me I do believe that they are sincere in recounting what they have experienced, but I don't necessarily subscribe to these being encounters of the traditional concept of apparitions.

But jesus loving christ, I hope I never experience anything like you have. I'm most of all impressed that you're brave enough to continue to work there after these experiences. I had to let my dog in to sit with me because of the creepiness of your stories.

Kudos to you though for being brave enough to discuss it as well, you did come off ss very sincere, I don't think I've ever found someone so credible in recounting such things in terms of their demeanour in discussing it.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
WWE's announcement of Bin Laden's death gets a segment on The Bugle podcast for The Times. You may recognise one of the voices as John Oliver from "The Daily Show"

http://tindeck.com/listen/nqkv

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

WWE's announcement of Bin Laden's death gets a segment on The Bugle podcast for The Times. You may recognise one of the voices as John Oliver from "The Daily Show"

I love the Bugle. This is excellent news.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

Bah, meant to link that this morning, it's loving great. John reading off details from Cena's wiki entry was wonderful. Everyone should listen to The Bugle anyway.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Yeah, it's weird. I spend ten+ hours a week on a microphone in front of complete strangers and it's never a big deal. One phone call with Bryan and I sounded terrified the entire time. Oh well. Got to be on a pretty cool podcast about crazy people as said crazy person.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The first half of MVP's 90 minute interview with Lagana is up.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

MassRayPer posted:

"A file has been sent to your comlink." Holy crap MVP is awesome. I still can't believe WWE dropped the ball so badly on him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The story of his friendship with Benoit is really devastating.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

MassRayPer posted:

Great interview, probably Lagana's best so far. The Benoit stuff was very heavy, I think this would be the first time he spoke about Benoit at length in public. I miss MVP, but I'm glad he got out when he did and on his own terms. I should probably get around to watching his New Japan stuff sometime.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Korak posted:

"A file has been sent to your comlink." Holy crap MVP is awesome. I still can't believe WWE dropped the ball so badly on him.

They drop the ball on everyone not named Cena.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Listened to the 6/10/2008 episode of the B&V Show at work today.

Wish Bryan played his harmonica on the show more, as it could be wonderful comedy.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

cannot recommend the Lagana interview with MVP enough. Holy poo poo that's some good stuff.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

sportsgenius86 posted:

cannot recommend the Lagana interview with MVP enough. Holy poo poo that's some good stuff.
^^^
This is really good.

evale
Dec 20, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm like Titus in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF6-oBt1MnA

More, please!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
This week on Observer Radio!

"I quit" is NOT a submission!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

just finished listening to the first half of MVP on I Want Wrestling.

Honestly, I pretty much didn't give a poo poo about MVP before, but he got himself super-over in my eyes in that interview. I now want to put MVP in charge of WWE developmental.

I'll listen to the second half tonight.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I just realised that ever since the n-word incident, Bryan has stuck to playing instrumental ragtime at the open of the B&V shows

Probably for the best

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I just realised that ever since the n-word incident, Bryan has stuck to playing instrumental ragtime at the open of the B&V shows

Probably for the best

Lies. He just needs to play some different blues, rather than the same Blind Willie or Dick Justice songs as always. Give me some Howlin' Wolf, Bo Diddley, Muddy Waters, etc.

Off topic: TomWaitsForNoMan, great name, but did you use to go under a different handle?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Lies. He just needs to play some different blues, rather than the same Blind Willie or Dick Justice songs as always. Give me some Howlin' Wolf, Bo Diddley, Muddy Waters, etc.

Off topic: TomWaitsForNoMan, great name, but did you use to go under a different handle?

Yeah, I used to go by HVD but changed it a while ago.

The Smackdown review on this week's B&V is hilarious. Between "he could put a paper bag on... each tit", "Zeke blew the guys off backstage", and "they poured a crepe on him" I was in tears

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Things I learned from this B&V:

-Jake The Snake is capable of having TEN STAR MATCHES
-Chris Candido is a robot
-Young Lance Storm was STERN
-Jim Cornette can run the ropes better than most of the WWE roster
-Smokey Mountain Wrestling can restore even the most jaded wrestling reporter's love of the business.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.

Lamuella posted:

just finished listening to the first half of MVP on I Want Wrestling.

Honestly, I pretty much didn't give a poo poo about MVP before, but he got himself super-over in my eyes in that interview. I now want to put MVP in charge of WWE developmental.

I'll listen to the second half tonight.

I liked MVP when he first came in and feuded with Benoit and for some time afterward. But then they failed to pull the trigger on him and started their normal routine of burying him and making him just another guy on the roster and I guess his work started to suffer and he didn't seem to be really motivated anymore (and, really, who can blame him?), so I wasn't sad to see him leave the WWE.

After listening to the interview, I'm really impressed with him for taking control of his career and walking away from guaranteed money to follow his dream. It's a shame that there aren't many opportunities for guys to do that anymore, so they just end up lingering in the WWE, collecting a pay-check until Vince decides it's time to get rid of them.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Yeah, I used to go by HVD but changed it a while ago.

The Smackdown review on this week's B&V is hilarious. Between "he could put a paper bag on... each tit"
I just came in to post that, loving hilarious.

'No you got yourself off your game homie!'

That made me laugh so hard, I want Bryan to become a ghetto-rear end rapper.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
RBR is probably my favorite wrestling-related podcast at the moment. It doesn't get too redundant since I usually don't watch Smackdown/Superstars/iMPACT until Sundays after I've already spoiled the results on the show.

Matt is loud and sometimes annoying, though.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 15:46 on May 11, 2011

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Flameingblack posted:

RBR is probably my favorite wrestling-related podcast at the moment.

What is this?I don't know this acronym.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

What is this?I don't know this acronym.

The acronym doesn't matter much, since they don't even use it anymore. It's Rocketbuster Radio, a round-table wrestling discussion that hits every Saturday night. It's pretty humorous and they just celebrated their 300th show.

Catch them online on the Fanoff at http://www.fanoff.com/shows/rbr/

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

the n-word incident

Do what now?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Karmine posted:

Do what now?

B&V played Oh Susana! to start the show and they didn't know it had the line "Killed 500 friend of the family".

They edited it off. Pretty funny moment.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

HulkaMatt posted:

B&V played Oh Susana! to start the show and they didn't know it had the line "Killed 500 friend of the family".

And also played a drop which was a modified version of NWA's gently caress da Police featuring that very same word.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

And also played a drop which was a modified version of NWA's gently caress da Police featuring that very same word.

there's quite a difference there

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

HulkaMatt posted:

I was driving at the time and nearly crashed.

The song goes:
"... And I went up the river, something something and killed five hundred-(edit)"
Bryan and Vinny: "Woooooaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!"

And it was one of the funniest things I have ever heard. It's great because they edited it out, but the rhyme is with "ri-ver" so there is only one thing it could be. And their reactions are priceless.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

they should play the Adam Buxton "Help the police" remix if they want a radio friendly version.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Lamuella posted:

they should play the Adam Buxton "Help the police" remix if they want a radio friendly version.

Well, that needs a link.

Adam and Joe, by the way, is an excellent podcast/radio show that everyone should listen to. Not wrestling but it is still half-relevant to the thread.

Listening to what I think is a particularly strong episode of Smart Wrestling Star Wars Holiday Special Fan right now. Well done to Dshban and Other Dshban on the Josh Mathews Comment of the Week jingle.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I sure do want to watch some Smoky Mountain tv now.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

LordPants posted:

I was driving at the time and nearly crashed.

The song goes:
"... And I went up the river, something something and killed five hundred-(edit)"
Bryan and Vinny: "Woooooaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!"

And it was one of the funniest things I have ever heard. It's great because they edited it out, but the rhyme is with "ri-ver" so there is only one thing it could be. And their reactions are priceless.

Does anyone remember which edition of the show this was on?

EDIT: April 15th

TomWaitsForNoMan fucked around with this message at 14:35 on May 12, 2011

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I have tuned out Dave's "you knows", but one thing he does not do that drives me crazy is TURN HIS CELL PHONE OFF.

He'll be talking and then you'll hear that interference as his phone is pulling in Data, because he has it too close to the phone he's on. Argh!

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Neodoomium posted:

I have tuned out Dave's "you knows", but one thing he does not do that drives me crazy is TURN HIS CELL PHONE OFF.

He'll be talking and then you'll hear that interference as his phone is pulling in Data, because he has it too close to the phone he's on. Argh!

Well ya know, that's like the nature of the beast.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
What I hate is hearing Lagana typing while he's doing his podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I didn't know cell phones did that so I have never noticed it. Dave's kids in the background of the last show did amuse me though.

• Locked thread