Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

MassRayPer posted:

I didn't know cell phones did that so I have never noticed it. Dave's kids in the background of the last show did amuse me though.

That actually freaked me out. I was listening to that podcast at like 12 at night and I was dozing in and out. I kept wondering "why the gently caress do I keep hearing little kids?" So I'd get up and look around wondering who's letting their children out at midnight. It took me about 15 minutes before I realized it was the podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

The latest DKP is pretty awesome. 2 hours of talking about 2004/2005 ROH.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
How much do they talk about BJ Whitmer?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Capsaicin posted:

How much do they talk about BJ Whitmer?

A little here and there. Sadly, the full 2 hours aren't solely dedicated to Whitmer :(

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost

BizarroAzrael posted:

Listening to what I think is a particularly strong episode of Smart Wrestling Star Wars Holiday Special Fan right now. Well done to Dshban and Other Dshban on the Josh Mathews Comment of the Week jingle.

Cheers. Did you like the TNA Holiday Special bit? It seems to be about 50/50 with people either hating it (because it was boring and went forever) or loving it (because it was Kaufman-like anti-comedy).

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
All Braden Walker fans must listen to this week's Bryan and Vinny show. If you are not a subscriber, subscribe.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

MassRayPer posted:

All Braden Walker fans must listen to this week's Bryan and Vinny show. If you are not a subscriber, subscribe.

I was going to post this! The way Vinny... explained Chris Harris' look was truly amazing.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.
I'm now considering joining twitter specifically to follow Fake Bryan Alvarez.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
The May 10th Review a Raw from the LAW site has a great interview with an independent wrestler(Dustin Star, I think) who was in FCW for awhile. He talks about a lot of the same issues that are discussed in these forums about WWE's developmental system. The interview's is in the last fifty or so minutes of the show.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

:laugh:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

HulkaMatt posted:

:laugh:

Yeah, that was pretty amazing. The amount of vitriol spewed in that review of a 'decent*' episode of Impact is pretty telling on how lovely TNA is.

*I disagree that it was decent. Just because it wasn't drizzling that doesn't mean it still wasn't poo poo.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I was going to post this! The way Vinny... explained Chris Harris' look was truly amazing.

A MUSK OX

I started laughing uncontrollably at "Find us on Facebook!", people on the train were looking at me funny. Also "There was a guy with a turban collecting the tolls. We thought it was hilarious" was a pretty good senior moment

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

A MUSK OX

I started laughing uncontrollably at "Find us on Facebook!", people on the train were looking at me funny. Also "There was a guy with a turban collecting the tolls. We thought it was hilarious" was a pretty good senior moment

A very fat deer in the headlights. He was going through the list of things that show up before TNA's actual FB page and it was like Bound for Glory 2015 or something insane.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

cannot recommend the Lagana interview with MVP enough. Holy poo poo that's some good stuff.

This has been up for a few days now, but I finally got around to listening to it and it is honestly one of the best interviews I've heard. A lot of fantastic stories, information, and you can listen to MVP talk forever. :allears:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If you want a bit of a giggle then Colt Cabana interviewed Steve Corino. He seems to be equal parts great guy, jerk and bitter old wrestler. But in a really funny way.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

LordPants posted:

If you want a bit of a giggle then Colt Cabana interviewed Steve Corino. He seems to be equal parts great guy, jerk and bitter old wrestler. But in a really funny way.

Corino is always a great interview, which is to his detriment as he has burnt a lot of bridges doing it.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Cactus Jack posted:

Corino is always a great interview, which is to his detriment as he has burnt a lot of bridges doing it.

His 9/11 story is... funny?

Can I say that?

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

His 9/11 story is... funny?

Can I say that?

No.

Yes.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It's funny, you can tell Dave's interest level depending on how high his voice is. If he's engaged in the question it's a high pitch, if he doesn't give a crap or he thinks the question is stupid then it's a low voice.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
Someone asked a question about since Fit Finlay was fired/quit, who was the new Diva agent? Dave didn't even know or seem like he cared to find out even though Finlay was the Diva agent for years. You would figure one of his sources would have mentioned it as some point in the past few weeks.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

LordPants posted:

It's funny, you can tell Dave's interest level depending on how high his voice is. If he's engaged in the question it's a high pitch, if he doesn't give a crap or he thinks the question is stupid then it's a low voice.

Best example of this is when Vince purchased WCW and people kept calling in asking if it was a work and/or if this was the last Nitro episode. Dave went from his usual self to :geno: to "Are you serious?" pretty quickly.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
Another one for seriousquotesfromdave.txt: "Kelly Kelly needs to study tapes of Johnny Valentine."

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Cactus Jack posted:

Corino also gets bored in interviews and just starts making poo poo up. Like lots of poo poo. Theres a shoot out there of him talking about the poo poo he's made up for other interviews and the true stories behind them.

Even in that shoot he gets bored and starts making poo poo up.

Guy is hillarious.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

Skinty McEdger posted:

Corino also gets bored in interviews and just starts making poo poo up. Like lots of poo poo. Theres a shoot out there of him talking about the poo poo he's made up for other interviews and the true stories behind them.

Even in that shoot he gets bored and starts making poo poo up.

Guy is hillarious.

Oh Corino, never change. :love:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Holy poo poo, Steve Corino still updates his live journal. http://corino.livejournal.com/ He used to post some really entertaining stories in it. Including one of Samoa Joe going crazy on a dude in the UK that involved a fountain.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

jeffersonlives posted:

seriousquotesfromdave.txt

Can someone please compile this list and post it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
1. "What if Vince lives to be 150." "He won't." "Let's say he does..." "But he won't."

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The interview with Violent J of ICP was surprisingly good. Half of it is kind of absurd, half of it is endearing but overall it is worth a listen.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That interview was good, I now want to listen to some ICP as well.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This thread suddenly took a strange turn. Were there subliminal messages in the audio? That's the only reason I can fathom someone would actually want to listen to anything involving ICP.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
I went ahead and got to reup today. You know when Dave said they were going to do Bound for Glory in Stanford on the show today? Thrashard on the board actually bought that apparently.

I'm not sure what's funnier, Dave's straitlaced nature or Thrashard (biggest Hogan mark) buying it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Deadpool posted:

This thread suddenly took a strange turn. Were there subliminal messages in the audio? That's the only reason I can fathom someone would actually want to listen to anything involving ICP.

I enjoyed the interview and want to listen to the material the man interviewed has made because this interview made me curious?

Is there a problem?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Their music is pretty terrible but they love wrestling and have basically used their wealth to be money marks. Good for them. They supposedly pay really well, some of their old JCW tapes were really funny in a really immature way and they aren't completely full of themselves. I also respect anyone who can create a cult like fan base that can be profited off in a multitude of ways.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

MassRayPer posted:

Their music is pretty terrible but they love wrestling and have basically used their wealth to be money marks. Good for them. They supposedly pay really well, some of their old JCW tapes were really funny in a really immature way and they aren't completely full of themselves. I also respect anyone who can create a cult like fan base that can be profited off in a multitude of ways.

I was going to post something similar, only it was the lame "hate the fans, not the rappers" line.

But seriously, listen to "What is a Juggalo?" and have a laugh. Sure it's immature, but that's essentially ICP in a nutshell.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I love everything about ICP except their musical output. They always give entertaining interviews, and without them we wouldn't have an annual infomercial for The Gathering of the Juggalos to marvel at.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

They have a song where they say "gently caress Jack and Jerry Brisco" in it.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

LividLiquid posted:

They have a song where they say "gently caress Jack and Jerry Brisco" in it.

Aren't they huge NWA marks? One of them has every episode of Mid Atlantic wrestling if I remember right.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

MassRayPer posted:

They are also indirectly responsible for Officer Colt Cabana, so that's something.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

BizarroAzrael posted:

They are also indirectly responsible for Officer Colt Cabana, so that's something.

They also spent an entire King Kong Bundy match discussing how much he looks like a giant penis in a broken black condom, which I cannot unsee no matter how hard I try.

Their music sucks, but holy poo poo can they be funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

sadly for them, their funniest moment was unintentional and involved magnets.

• Locked thread